"Clone" Heroes (that actually work in-universe)

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By soduh2

When I say "clone" heroes, I'm including those with the same name and powers but a different secret identities.

A lot of fans don't like the idea of multiple heroes with the same name and power running around in the same universe. I actually think it can work based on the responsibilities/tactics of the heroes. Here are a few heroes that I think can (and should) have a "clone" running around.

Spider-Man: Yeah, I brought up the guy who already had a clone saga. However, in the All new Marvel we see that Peter Parker and Miles Morales are both going to participate in the new Universe as "Spider-Man". Considering Spider-Man is a street level hero who focuses on evacuation and smaller crimes in addition to super threats, multiple Spider-men actually seems necessary. Remember when Kaine was in Houston while Peter was in New York? Maybe Miles can be in Chicago or Detroit? In fact, put a Spider in every major city in the United States. There should still be enough Spiders to go around.

Thor: Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of "FosThor", but she presents an interesting opportunity. Thor is supposed to be a protector of Midgard, a protector of Asgard and a cosmic hero. Having two Thors to split the duties actually work. Now I know we have Beta Ray Bill and Thor Girl on the cosmic front, but for those who think that Thor should focus on bigger threats, his schedule may have just opened up.

Captain America: Cap usually is presented as both the field leader of the Avengers and their HQ consultant for training etc. I want Steve to have his serum reactivated, but Keep Falcon on the field. Rogers should be ready when they need him, but stays back to monitor global threats and dispatches other Avengers.

Hulk: Banner and She-Hulk are generally accepted as co-hulks in the Marvel Universe. I think Red Hulk has his place as well. He should be similar to Steve Rogers, focusing on dispatch and strategy behind the scenes. Maybe training other strong guys who want to join the Avengers. I would even include Skaar as a cosmic hero.

Ironman: He already has the extra suits. A group (or corps) of Ironmen for cosmic travel wouldn't be a bad idea. Rhodes already serves a different "niche" from Stark, so it's not unusual.

What do you think? Any you would add or is it a bad idea?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Falcon is no Cap to me.
It's funny out of all the superheroes you'd think Cap would be the easiest to pass along since his mantle can virtually go to anyone but no, not buying it. All the Avengers look to Cap for as a sage almost due to him being such key component to American History. You just dont replace that with anyone. Other than that I gotta agree with your list here for now.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to say anything I would say this. Spiderman only if they used Ben as scarlet spider and then only if they did a tag team of sorts and he was treated like a brother. I did not like him at first then I grew to like him only to have them say they would not kill him off and then kill him off. I have not read Spiderman since.

Thor should be the only Thor BRB is not Thor never will be Thor and had never claimed to be Thor. Thor Girl is also not Thor and has never said she was. Thor also is a cosmic defender of the 9 realms this has always been the case. He does not simply stay in one spot as most would think he defends many planets.

Captain America and his rich history I mean not as good as Thor but really if you think he is just a shield and a outfit you need to rethink the whole Steve Rogers thing. It would be like saying Iron Man is just a man in a suit. Put just anybody in that suit and you have a man in a set of armor that breaks down and you have just a man about to die. Tony Stark is a man driven to do more , be more , excel at what ever when ever and however with as little as possible to a plethora of things at his command. You see the soul of these people or the god or the Hulk and I really hate the Red Hulk idea wow that was bad and did I say it was bad.

character you cannot cheapen them or you lose them and when you lose them you lose fans and how can that be a good thing?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2: there are tons of spider men and women runnign around and it honestly doesnt bother me simply because they are all written really well, and the ones I dont like I barely see, they are off on the sidelines, like spider woman.

I like the new nova, as well, but there are only one of him currently so it doesn't matter