Edited 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: Best of the Marvel Big Three (46 votes)

Iron Man 39%
Captain America 28%
Thor 33%
#1 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Spider-man and Wolverine should replace two of them as the big three tbh but out of those three i'll go for Iron Man.

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard them called the Avengers Big Three, is that what you mean?

#3 Posted by AkaBoAli (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have gone with Spider-Man, but if I had to pick from those three, I'll go with Cap.

#4 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

They're the original founders of the Avengers.

They are Marvel's version of DC's Holy Trinity, the original founders of the JLA-Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

#5 Edited by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

They are Marvel's version of DC's Holy Trinity, the original founders of the JLA-Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

I like how your link says that the Big Tree at Marvel is Spider.Man, Cap. America and The Hulk.

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Captain America wasn't a founding Avenger though. The founders were Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp. Captain America joined in #4.

#7 Posted by olbassey (59 posts) - - Show Bio

The Incredible Hulk has to be in this.

#8 Posted by Teerack (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap and Thor come and go, but Thor is too important for the shape of the entire marvel universe.

#9 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't the options be Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man. Thosr seem to be Marvels most popular characters. But out of those options I'd pick Iron Man

#10 Edited by olbassey (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: I'm seeing a lot of requests for Wolverine, but I'd argue that it's the X-Men as a whole that deserve that slot, not just Wolverine. Of course, Wolverine is the most popular X-Men character, so maybe you guys are right...

#11 Posted by CelticJedi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the question. If you're going for original Fantastic Four were the foundation of Marvel's Silver Age debut and climb to the top of the comics industry. If you're looking for most well known/influential in pop culture as of now, it'd definitely be Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Iron Man. Or if you're going with the Avengers founders it'd be Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man. Marvel doesn't have such a centralized cast, however, the Justice League encompasses almost everyone (and gets the ones that really matter). Marvel doesn't have a singular group that could be considered any more dynamic or important than any other. The Avengers, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four are the 3 primary groups and they all have different personality, tactics, and direction.

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

It's almost a coin toss between Captain America and Thor . . .

I pick Captain America.

#13 Edited by The Stegman (25958 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep saying this, and I will continue, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man ARE Marvel's Big Three in their universe. They are the most well known and well respected heroes, no one else really comes close to them.

In OUR universe, it would be different, Spidey would be there, and probably Hulk, but inside the Marvel U, Cap, Tony and Thor are the Big Three.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (25958 posts) - - Show Bio

And to answer the question, Cap is the best out of the three. :P

#15 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by The Stegman (25958 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Captain America wasn't a founding Avenger though. The founders were Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp. Captain America joined in #4.

also, Batman and Superman weren't founding members of the JLA.

I keep saying this, and I will continue, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man ARE Marvel's Big Three in their universe. They are the most well known and well respected heroes, no one else really comes close to them.

In OUR universe, it would be different, Spidey would be there, and probably Hulk, but inside the Marvel U, Cap, Tony and Thor are the Big Three.

yeah, that makes more sense.

#19 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for Daredevil, who has been there with the X-Men, Avengers and Spider-Man, and had a ton of awesome runs and no character destroying runs (Clone Saga, One More Day, Heroes Reborn...)