Anyone else hacked off with Black Bolt v Thanos? (Spoilers*)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

..Been flicking through infinity 4 today and I am NOT happy with BB v Thanos. For decades now, BB has been billed as this all powerful mysterious mega powered individual who can level cities with a whisper and destroy planets with a scream. Indeed he ko'd Hulk in one of their early encounters with just a whisper. Now he finally meets Thanos and gets absolutely butt kicked! I mean Thanos doesn't even have a scratch...! I know Thanos is all powerful, but what is the point of creating villains so mighty that even the strongest good guys cant touch 'em. What next, will he snap mjolnir in two in Issue 5 ??!!

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Apparently escaping the Cancerverse makes you immortal. That's my take on it so far. =P

That said, Blackbolt clearly hurts him, and enrages him, but Thanos very quickly end it, yes.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

Thanos was clearly hurt buddy, we even see his purple blood dripping i think lol. But come on, i thought it was great! I mean it's Thanos we're talking about here, a being who takes on the entire Earth (his recent mini showed him to be a planet conquerer? For death), and has and will always be depicted as the baddest mamma jamma for marvel heroes to face.

Hickman did Thanos AND Blackbolt justice imo. BB is powerful, but he's not THAT powerful (is he a universal threat? doubt it). Plus Thanos has copped 'beams' or attacks far more powerful than that right? remember Galactus in that Thanos mini? it made him beg Galan to stop hurting him =D (i may be exaggerating, very vague memory ;D)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bezza

Thanos was clearly hurt buddy, we even see his purple blood dripping i think lol. But come on, i thought it was great! I mean it's Thanos we're talking about here, a being who takes on the entire Earth (his recent mini showed him to be a planet conquerer? For death), and has and will always be depicted as the baddest mamma jamma for marvel heroes to face.

Hickman did Thanos AND Blackbolt justice imo. BB is powerful, but he's not THAT powerful (is he a universal threat? doubt it). Plus Thanos has copped 'beams' or attacks far more powerful than that right? remember Galactus in that Thanos mini? it made him beg Galan to stop hurting him =D (i may be exaggerating, very vague memory ;D)

You're probably right and this is my point, Thanos is too powerful.to make his encounters with the top end marvel heroes interesting. Thor, SS, BB, he just stomps them. Where's the interest in that?! I don't think Marvel always handle stories with top end character battles as well as DC. Sure, BB is not a universal threat but he is supposed to be able to level cities, even continents with a full scream. I would have preferred Thanos to at least have been staggered before Ko'ing BB.... I mean at least with Darkseid v Superman or other Justice leaguers, its usually a fair old tussle and not a walk over in DS' favour.....just my opinion obviously and aside from that I thought Issue 4 was pretty great....!

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm fine with it, Thanos is that powerful.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just give credit where credit is due. The Mad Titan is really that awesome and it was a truly bad-ass moment.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

I though it was a cool fight and did both characters justice.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I took it as since he fell from attilan, landed and some of his power was used to power the terrigenesis bomb, he was weakened.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: hmm i havent been reading it but if BB cant hurt thanos wth did Star lord hit him with last issue of GOTG?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't have a problem with it....he did hurt Thanos but it's Thanos

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Thanos they would need all the heroes on earth to try to defeat him

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any scans to demonstrate the point being made here? Pwetty pwease.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Thanos vs BB ended how i expected it to end...I hope Hickman does him justice in the end of infinity....( unlike... Bendis in Avengers Assemble...horrible writing!!! )

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire fight between Thanos and Black Bolt was a build up to the inevitable Thanos vs Thane fight that I imagine will be towards the conclusion of the story. You can't have Thanos be involved in too big a fight too early in the story or it detracts from the finale. Plus it wouldn't make sense for Black Bolt to beat Thanos or where would the story go from there?

Personally I think the fight was fair as can be. We all know Black Bolt can deliver massive amounts of destructive power for very little effort, but he's never had the durability to match it. Thats the trade off with his character, he's extremely powerful but equally as fragile in comparison to many other powerhouses within the Marvel Universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln: This, I thought this fight was handled incredibly. In my opinion it looked like anyone could've won that fight to me. They both looked pretty beat up. These are powerful characters. However, there still had to be a winner.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lol its Thanos.

How was the fight suppose to end?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I made a thread of it myself... needless to say, don't anyone ever tell me that BB is a bad ass. He was stomped in the worst written battle I've ever seen. All he knew what to do was scream. No hand to hand feats whatsoever. Truth be told at Marvel they been trying to make Thanos like DC's Darkseid for years and it doesn't work.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I wonder what would have happened if BB had sang the entirety of "Take On Me" a cappella?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a huge Black Bolt fan, just look at my avatar, but BB had zero chance. Thanos is WAY WAY beyond BB, always has been, always will. Thanos tanks full blasts from Odin + Surfer at the same time, hits from Thor w/the power gem, BB was not going to take him out, let's get real.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm a huge Black Bolt fan, just look at my avatar, but BB had zero chance. Thanos is WAY WAY beyond BB, always has been, always will. Thanos tanks full blasts from Odin + Surfer at the same time, hits from Thor w/the power gem, BB was not going to take him out, let's get real.

Agreed. I love Black Bolt, but he was fighting out of his league there. Great showing of his bravery though to take on Thanos.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@green_skaar said:

Agreed. I love Black Bolt, but he was fighting out of his league there. Great showing of his bravery though to take on Thanos.

Ciriaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I found disappointing with the fight was the dispelling of the mythos surrounding Black Bolts voice, rather than the fight itself. I don't claim to know everything about Black Bolt, but I've usually only seen a whisper or word in normal tone, all with devastating consequences. As others have pointed out, even high powered heroes or villains hesitate to engage him, in Earth X (I know, not canon, but still building the mythos) he can hold his ground (for a short while at least) against some Celestials and in War of Kings you see him unleash more of his power, but still you're left wondering what would happen the day he finally screams his lungs out. We know that his power stored in a T-bomb can tear a hole in reality, but until Infinity #4 I didn't know what a raw scream could do.

I know Thanos feats, heck he is my favorite Marvel character and I think I've read almost every comic he's appeared in. Of course he should win against BB, of course he is way above any Earth hero, but for him to be able to just stare at BB screaming like there is no tomorrow only an arm length away was still, for me, a disappointing dispelling of the BB-myth.

With that said, I still think it was a cool fight, I still enjoy Infinity a lot and I still would like to see more of Thanos intelligence rather than only brute force. Contradictions....:)

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: His scream is his most powerful weapon. He's strong but why would he punch when he can scream?

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: thor already beat the crap out of thanos more times that thanos did that to him, a full scream from BB should end that fight; yes thanos is a powerhouse, yet he is not a multiversal threat (he is with th IG, HOU, o CB) without those items he is at near or a little bit more levels than BB, thor o anyone else. the fight went in the favor of thanos because of the story arc... the fights against galactus, odin, etc... are banal, he was stomped by galactus, odin put him on his knees... that is not be in the same levels of the big dogs, yet i agree that BB have lots and lots of less resistance than thanos in hand to hand combat.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Herokiller12344

I'm just happy that Black Bolt was able to hurt him. It's an unwritten rule of Comic books: If an attack can rip your clothes off, it's effective. And let's be honest here, are we really surprised that Thanos was able to tank Black Bolt?

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThanoStomp

I loved the fight. I would have preferred a bit more damage to Thanos, but still end with the same result.

BTW, the below scan is the THIRD point blank blast he tanks. Awesome.

No Caption Provided