Posted by k4tzm4n (34954 posts) - - Show Bio

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

When people think of Mark Millar, stories like KICK-ASS, THE ULTIMATES, and SUPERMAN: RED SON often come to mind. However, the writer's also produced two phenomenal stories about James Howlett, a.k.a. Wolverine. One is a character-driven look into a dark and twisted future where the villains have finally won and the popular mutant has sworn to never pop his claws again. The other is a thrilling ride as a mind controlled Logan battles several characters and comes face to face with a deadly man called Gorgon.

They're quite different reading experiences and and both are absolutely must reads if you're a fan of the X-Man, so we want to know if you happen to prefer one over the other. And, in the event you happen to like -- or dislike -- these arcs equally, those are options on the poll, too. If you haven't read either (fix that if you're a Wolverine fan right now, please), you have until Friday morning to complete both stories and think it though.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

The poll will close Friday morning (ET) and the updated article will highlight several Viner posts. After you cast your vote, enter the comments section and give the Comic Vine crowd a piece of your mind. Why did you vote the way you did? What is it about the story that made you select it? Was there a standout scene? A certain line? Please feel free to get your elaboration on. However, if you do want your post to be considered for the results article, please try to keep your thoughts limited to a few paragraphs at most. No pictures either, please. So, which Millar story will it be, Viners?

Check the homepage this Friday to see how the voting ends up and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

#1 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

Enemy of the State because I liked it more. Yeah, that's right! Have fun arguing that immaculate point!

#2 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Enemy of the State because I liked it more. Yeah, that's right! Have fun arguing that immaculate point!

YOU'RE OPINION IS WRONG BECAUSE I'M TALKING IN CAPS! (:P)

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read Old Man, but I loved it. I need to read Enemy of State.

#4 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by NukeA6 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick Old Man Logan. Just a big fan of post-apocalyptic stories.

#6 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man, these two stories are some of my favorite Wolvie stories!

#7 Edited by Zarathos_No_Daimaoh (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Enemy of the State . Did a few things much needed back then : re-established Wolverine as a real threat n when out of control , and bolstered and empowered again the Hand . Finally it created an interesting new villain , the Gorgon ... wich is still currently of some great use as an Hydra leader

#8 Posted by MuyJingo (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, haven't read either of these...may check one or both out based on what people say.

#9 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: I feel like a real master debater now :'3

#10 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: I kid you not when I tell you my barber is licensed as a Master Barber

#12 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by tensor (5132 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both.Pretty hard to pick between these two.

#14 Posted by Antihero_Jaymok (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of Wolverine, but I may pick up the winner of this poll, just to check out some good story telling. Miller is awesomeness.

#15 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the first issue of Enemy of the State because it was free on the Marvel comics App. I enjoyed it. I bought Old Man Logan back in May or June & I loved it. Still need to pick up Enemy of the State.

#16 Posted by BarstoolProphet (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call, both stories are great, albeit for different reasons.... I have some pontificating to do....

#17 Edited by senglord (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

EOTS introduced me to Gorgon. A character that is just better than Wolverine at doing what he does best.

Old Man Logan shows why even if every other hero is gone, Wolverine is still going to be the best there is at what he does.

My vote for Enemy of the State is because it has made changes to how Wolverine is perceived by his most die hard fans.

Even his hardest supporters feel that Tomi is a step above.

#18 Posted by Astro_Zombie78 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great. But It's Old Man Logan for me.

#19 Posted by UrbanChill (232 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who absolutely hates old man logan ?

#20 Edited by rodwell (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan FOR THE WIN!!!

#21 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

so i haven't read either of these but this poll better help me decide.

#22 Edited by BlackSerenade83 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of Mark Millar and usually end up rolling my eyes every time I read one of his books, but Old Man Logan was so good. I love old Hawkeye. Unfortunately I haven't read EOTS and can't before Friday because I'm short on money.

#23 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

both were great stories and a lot of fun, but in different ways, I enjoyed Old Man Logan more, for it's alternate universe element. It was cool to see how things played out, From the final resting spot of Giant Man, the way the territories were divided and of course Daredevil and the Punisher, you had to read it again to get all the little details.

But EOTS was great as well seeing Wolverine going against some tough opponents and really enjoyed Romita's work too

#24 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan.

#25 Posted by sasquatch888 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who absolutely hates old man logan ?

no you're not ...i hated it too