#1 Edited by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

Like my all other chronology thread here is one about Mangog.

Starting with generic bio entries.

Marvel Handbook 1983 on Mangog

Marvel Handbook 1992 lists his powers and abilities.

Thor # 154: Ulik unknowingly releases Mangog from the Odin Cave. Mangog angrily decides to wage a one man war against Asgard.

Thor # 155: Thor feels the coming of Ragnarok, merely because Mangog has been freed. Sif, who is currently in the hospital, has the same dread feeling as Thor. Alien Colonizers a thousand galaxies also sense Mangog presence.

Mangog defeats a couple of storm giants with utmost ease. Asgardians drop a multi-million tons of mountain on him which sadly doesn’t stop him. The Asgardian army sent to stop him failed utterly, Thor goes to confront Mangog, but Mangog just grabs Thor and starts squeezing him like a tomato.

Thor # 156: Thor starts fighting Mangog, only to realize he is outmatched. Thor manages to trap Mangog, temporarily under a volcano. Mangog stands, grabs while hot lava and throw it towards Thor. Thor brings down wind and storm to blind Mangog.

Thor # 157: Thor is on a losing end, Mangog is going around destroying mountains and stuff on a one sided part towards the Odin sword. Overpowering everyone in the way Mangog draws the Odinsword. Odin finally joins the battle, having recently been awoken from his Odin sleep, he releases the souls from with Mangog leaving his powerless.

Marvel Handbook 1992 collaborates the whole incident

Thor # 195: Loki frees Mangog, who apparently didn’t die or got rendered powerless by Odin, but rather just got BFRed and sealed. Mangog traps Loki into a block of dark cool amber. Mangog then comes to Asgard pwning everyone on the way.

Thor # 196: Odin reveals that he sent Thor away because he thinks no one will survive the coming on Mangog, who is wreaking havoc on Asgard and pwns an army of Asgardian lead by Odin. Odin unleashes his power and teleports Asgard far, far away.

Thor # 197: Asgard now has been teleported away from the normal universe but the fight continues. Thor, Kartag are all helpless and the weakened Odin is now at Mangog’s mercy.

Thor # 198: Thor and Warrior 3 are helpless. Volstagg sends the Water of Twilight Well (which he got in last issue) to Vizier who merges it with Cosmic Well. This returns Asgard into its rightful place and Odin is replenished. Odin uses his power to cut of Magog from the hate of billion beings, killing himself in process. Thor fights Mangog but thanks to Odin attack Mangog is already shrinking and eventually fades into nothingness.

Marvel Handbook 1992 collaborates the whole incident

Thor # 249: Mangog was evidently pretending being Odin for an unspecified period of time.

Thor # 250: Irgon when send to Dank Dungeons found the tiny Mangog. Since his power of hate was gone Irgon used Asgardian life force to empower Mangog, who now draws power from Asgardian prayer. Irgon also allowed him to appear as Odin and knowing that Odin is missing Mangog pretended to be Odin. Mangog is opposed by Thor who gets knocked out rather easily. Asgardian rally to stop him but they are helpless. Mangog eventually fades out of existence when Asgardian stop praying or believing in him.

Marvel Handbook 1992 collaborate the whole incident

What If Vol 1 # 10: In an alternate reality where Jane Foster became Thor, Mangog comes to Asgard and is eventually defeated by Odin precisely the same way he was defeated in Thor # 157.

Marvel Fanfair # 51: In an alternate reality where Silver Surfer never escaped Galactus barrier Supreme Intelligence rescue Mangog feeding it with the hate of an entire empire to fight Surfer. Surfer is helpless but Mangog fades into nothingness when Surfer refuses to fight back.

Marvel Handbook 1992 back the whole incident

Thor Vol 2 # 20: Mangog finds the Orikal and rips the Chalice of Ruins from his body.

Thor Vol 2 # 21: Mangog comes to Asgard working for Thanos, confronts and defeats Thor but leaves him alive when Thanos asked him to leave.

#2 Edited by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Annual 2000 : Mangog and Thanos comes to Rigel. Mangog starts destroyed everything, they use the Sun Shredder , a device powerful enough to rip apart a star and it fails to stop him. He is finally taken away by Thanos when Rigel fulfils his demands.

Thor Vol 2 # 22: Mangog and Thanos are looking for illumination stone, Mangog is opposed by Thor and the fight ends with Thor nearly eaten by Mangog, but Thanos asks him to stop and he does.

Thor Vol 2 # 24: Mangog is outright scared of Thanos. All they need now is Designati tears to empower Thanos. Thor opposes Mangog but is again rather easily defeated.

Thor Vol 2 # 25: An angry Thor finally defeated Mangog by blasting him with anti-force blast inside his body.

Thor Vol 2 # 84: Mangog comes to Asgard but this time Thor has the power of Ruines and Odin Force. Thor easily defeats Mangog.

What If Vol 2 #107: Mangog comes to earth, how is unknown. He fights and defeats the Avengers, the Warrior 3 + Sif are helpless against him but he is sent to limbo by Thor who in this reality weilds the Odin Force.

Thunderstrike Vol 2 # 03: Mann industry is using a device that can draw energies from the Rift in order to empower an armor called the Misticator. The device is attached with Thunderstike’s hammer which makes it volatile. When the device finally explode it seemingly brings Mangog to Earth.

Thunderstrike Vol 2 # 4: Mangog is on Earth, he first confronts Gurenhilda but they don’t fight. Mangog is looking for Thor and sensing Asgardian essence he goes after Thunderstrike first but when Thunderstrikes into human form Mangog doesn’t find him worthy of pursuit. He is then confronted by Adam Mann who tries to team up with Mangog but upon proclaiming he is god, Mangog eats him. Mangog is then opposed by the Avengers.

Thunderstrike Vol 2 # 5: Mangog is opposed by Avengers and they finally manage to beam him by banishing him into a star.

#3 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

Great thread :)

i myself have read almost everything on Mangog, and id like to point out a few things:

in the second volume of thor, it was actually a thanosi instead of the real thing, this was retconned in infinity Abyss. Here's confirmation from Mangog's latest bio (and you're better off using this handbook, given that it is much more detailed than the others, and contains all his bio up to thunderstrike):

Also, your Thor v2 #23 scans are from #24, and subsequently, your thor v2 #24 scans are from #25.

Should be taken into consideration that rune king thor defeated an already powerless Mangog.

On a side note, i think the 20 year gap (616 version) between his appearance in thor 295 (or it could be said thor 250) and thor v2 20, had some effect on the character, he seemed to be more powerful in his earlier appearances.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I know of the Thanos Retcon its also re-affirmed in Thanos # 1 as well, although i did not know a bio backed it p, which bio is that from?

Also i did not know Mangog was powerless, where was the revealed? Must have totally missed it.

#5 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I know of the Thanos Retcon its also re-affirmed in Thanos # 1 as well, although i did not know a bio backed it p, which bio is that from?

It's Mangog's bio from Thor: Asgard's Avenger (2011). It's a handbook

Also i did not know Mangog was powerless, where was the revealed? Must have totally missed it.

Mangog's magic was siphoned by Loki, which is why Loki was so powerful when thor confronted him afterwards, here's when thor mentions it:

Mangog's bio:

#6 Edited by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Mangog's bio from Thor: Asgard's Avenger (2011). It's a handbook

=( I dont have it.

Could you post the whole bio on Mangog, please.. pretty please :p

And if possible the bio on Destroyer Armor if you have it, so i can update that chronology as well.

See without bio i totally missed it.

#7 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#8 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I am sort of shocked at the speed rating for Destroyer Armor, rest looks awesome. Thank you.. have to go work for now but will read it, and update the 2 chronology threads :)

BTW what happened to your Beyonder respect thread you were going to make? Have you made it yet?

#10 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I am sort of shocked at the speed rating for Destroyer Armor, rest looks awesome. Thank you.. have to go work for now but will read it, and update the 2 chronology threads :)

BTW what happened to your Beyonder respect thread you were going to make? Have you made it yet?

i haven't read much on the destroyer, tbh, but ill definitely check it out.

No, i have not. I finished reading all his appearances 2 or 3 weeks ago, ill be making it in these few days.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio