• 57 results
Sednahq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sednahq

I think sooner or later Magneto should/maybe will snap and become a villian. There is 
 absolutely no way I could imagine Magneto as the "Big Daddy" of the X-Men. It's just not the original character. For the time being it's an interresting idea and it works for me, but not for all eternitiy. Besides that my opinion is that the X-Men can't fully trust him. 
Especially Wolverine, who got his Adamantium sucked out by old Erik. I hope Fraction will think of that and bring us huge fight between Magneto and the X Men.
So it's your turn. What do you think Magnetos future sould be like?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mutant God

He is not a "Good Guy" he is just doing what is best for the mutant community.

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hdorman1

i have never really thought of him as a bad guy in the first place 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

He's up to something, we just have to wait and find out what that something is for the moment.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Green Skin

I think he'll be on the team until the number of mutants gets a lot higher.  He's always been pro-mutant more than a terrorist, so he'll stay on Utopia as long as his species does.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123

well what i think is that until now, he has wanted mutant superiority over normal people. And since there hasnt been many mutants, hes need to stick with them and keep them alive so that one day he can come back to his quest to dominate the world in the name of mutant kind. I think until more mutants are born, hes here to stay with the x-men. But hell turn eventually. Once there are more mutant births.

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
emerald_lamp_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By emerald_lamp_2814

it is wierd how some people say that they want change but when something changes they complain that things have changed im not saying you were one of these people but I can't even count the number of people who were saying thing in batman needed to change and once Dick Grayson became batman they were the first ones to complain. 
sorry that was a small off topic rant  

I grew up on the x-men cartoon so magneto is the only true villain for the x-men to me it is just wrong to have him on the x-men team but I do understand why he would join them

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

That man is always up to something that isn't good lol

Earthfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Earthfall

Magneto is a complicated individual. Truthfully, he isn't evil in a realistic sense, he believes in preservation of his species, and his acts are generally selfless. His current tenor with the X-Men is good for his character, and shows how he is willing to teach and guide the next generation of a dying species. Sure, eventually, his forward thinking actions will take him to blows with the X-Men, as nature takes its course. But I like his position at the moment.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Magian

Magneto will do whatever he can to ensure the survival of mutantkind. If that means an alliance with the X-Men, he will do that.

Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Japeto
@ComicMan24 said:
" Magneto will do whatever he can to ensure the survival of mutantkind. If that means an alliance with the X-Men, he will do that. "
I absolutely agree. I think he should at least for a while. He has been always depicted as the villian now is time for Magneto to show he can do good things and team up with other mutants and work together for a greater goal. Guess they should look for another bad guy for the time being.
oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By oldgum

The Ultimate Megneto is sort of maniac, the one in What if... or AoA, probably always the good guy.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

He's a psychotic terrorist, though a charming one to be sure. Of course he's not going to be a good guy.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By rogue_mar1e

then that's just not Magneto

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Hazlenaut

His entire family has gone evil to good and visa versa several times. He is well known to be on again off again villain. I say he should stick on being good he has done enough villainy.  There are other villains lets use them. Leader hasn’t been seen taking over the world lately.    Think about it cybernetic hulk clones with mutant powers

babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By babywix

Well, Magneto always does what he thinks is best for the mutant community. So, maybe, in a sense, he's always been a relatively good guy... just in his own shrewd Magneto sense.
I think he'll continue to shift in between what we consider good and evil, but who knows? Maybe Magneto will surprise us, with the writers wanting to give us a run for our money and actually have Magneto stay good for whatever reason. I mean, in Legacy, he doesn't seem to be up to anything bad... does it? Well, sooner or later, he'll be up to something about world domination for the better of mutant kind or whatever. :L

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Hazlenaut
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By N7_Normandy
@ComicMan24 said:
" Magneto will do whatever he can to ensure the survival of mutantkind. If that means an alliance with the X-Men, he will do that. "
Agreed.  Believe me, when the X-Men his alliance is so longer in the best interests of mutant kind he will abscond
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aqua11500

Hmmmm 

I've seen him as a good guy in other timelines and alternate universes,and he played a big part in Second coming..why not?he also has put his selfishness aside before to help the X-men,and his long time adversary/nemesis Charles.he has good deep down inside 
 It still would feel weird,but you have to get use to it.just like Emma.  

He's like Malcolm X & Charles like Martin Luther King..lol

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

Magneto's past as a persecuted survivor of a Nazi death camp has shaped him into the type of man who is unconcerned with what others think is right or wrong, good or bad;  he knows what's good, bad, right or wrong.  Sometimes this has painted him as a hero and more often as a villain.   Either way he doesn't care, and neither should we; his character being difficult to categoerize as either good or bad is part of what makes him interesting and unpredictable. 
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AMS

He did some crazy stuff in his early days but he did mellow out and realise essentialy the difference between what he was doing was good or bad. 

I think it would be a bad move to put him back as 'evil genius plotting mad schemes' two dimensonal villian he used to be after all these years of character development.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Aqua11500 said:
"Hmmmm  I've seen him as a good guy in other timelines and alternate universes,and he played a big part in Second coming..why not?he also has put his selfishness aside before to help the X-men,and his long time adversary/nemesis Charles.he has good deep down inside  It still would feel weird,but you have to get use to it.just like Emma.   He's like Malcolm X & Charles like Martin Luther King..lol "

Very true. I have changed my views on Magneto a while ago in reference to seeing him not as a villain but more of a Malcolm X approach to protecting his people. I think his belief in mutants inheriting the earth and the defense of his species has made him take some extreme actions but I don't think his desire to protect his species comes from a heroic place inside of him. I wonder what we will see from him in Age of X.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator
@PowerHerc said:
" Magneto's past as a persecuted survivor of a Nazi death camp has shaped him into the type of man who is unconcerned with what others think is right or wrong, good or bad;  he knows what's good, bad, right or wrong.  Sometimes this has painted him as a hero and more often as a villain.   Either way he doesn't care, and neither should we; his character being difficult to categoerize as either good or bad is part of what makes him interesting and unpredictable.  "

Definitely this, well said, along with most of the other posts that present him as a more grey character, in at least how he views himself.  

This is also undoubtedly why Magneto wins and is so high on so many comic "Villain" lists and even a few non comic villain lists, but even then, they usually have to make mention of his grey side and question whether he really is a villain. For me, Magneto is the better viewed as an antagonist, and in that sense, I can see him returning to fulfilling that with the X-Men, but not in the same way that Arcade, Apocalypse or Omega Red are X-Men 'antagonists'  (but thats not a bad thing for those latter characters, they are awesome too - you just need grey, dark grey, and black)
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc
@SC said:
" @PowerHerc said:
" Magneto's past as a persecuted survivor of a Nazi death camp has shaped him into the type of man who is unconcerned with what others think is right or wrong, good or bad;  he knows what's good, bad, right or wrong.  Sometimes this has painted him as a hero and more often as a villain.   Either way he doesn't care, and neither should we; his character being difficult to categoerize as either good or bad is part of what makes him interesting and unpredictable.  "

Definitely this, well said, along with most of the other posts that present him as a more grey character, in at least how he views himself.  

This is also undoubtedly why Magneto wins and is so high on so many comic "Villain" lists and even a few non comic villain lists, but even then, they usually have to make mention of his grey side and question whether he really is a villain. For me, Magneto is the better viewed as an antagonist, and in that sense, I can see him returning to fulfilling that with the X-Men, but not in the same way that Arcade, Apocalypse or Omega Red are X-Men 'antagonists'  (but thats not a bad thing for those latter characters, they are awesome too - you just need grey, dark grey, and black) "

Thanks for the compliment and I agree about the need for different 'shades' of characters.
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By grimlock

Magneto's value systems are at odds with the mainstream thought of ethics. however he considers himself good but his approach is more Machiavellian.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Mercy_

He works best as an anti-hero, IMO. 

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Son Of Storm
I would say no. He used to be an actual threat as a villain. Now all he does is faint and let people tell him how powerless he is...
Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Powerzone789

magneto being permantly an x-man just doesn't seem right...i mean its awesome for the team! and i like him there but its just not in his character...like namor, i dont expect him to be with the team for much longer.
Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@hdorman1 said:

" i have never really thought of him as a bad guy in the first place  "

Same as me! More of a mutant freedom fighter type.
shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#31  Edited By shawn87

I wouldnt mind seeing him be a "good" guy for a little bit. But eventually they would have to phase him back over to X-Men enemy numero uno

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By JonesDeini
@Mutant God:  
Always has been
saucyllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By saucyllama

the magneto as a villan story had been done so many times it became irrelevent.  while planet x has been retconned to not be magneto, it was written as magneto, bassicly saying on a narrative level that its old, its boring, and the x men will always win. so lets just be done with it. 
and the same was said over in the ultimate universe, while I think the story was bad, the basic idea was get rid of the old ideas and bring in the new. 

marvel does not want to be rid of magneto, so making him a "good guy" is a decent approach.  really hes sort of up in the air, methods have changed (not a killer anymore, and not out for domination) but his overall goals remain (protect mutantkind, and isolate)  which the x men under scott have become.   

magneto is one of the few characters in comics who is fully defined in a 3 diminsional way. he has a rich backstory, he is a conflicted character, going back and forth from nobel to villian,  hes complicated. and people are complicated. I really am enjoying the current arch he's on. hope it lasts. 

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By weaponmaster

Yes.
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Kairan1979
@Son Of Storm:
I don't know, he was pretty awesome in Second Coming.

No Caption Provided
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Kairan1979
"Regular" Magneto wouldn't have had to use the island as a weapon. He should have been able to use the robots themselves.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Son Of Storm: I would assume that the Sentinels were some how immune to being manipulated directly. Otherwise none of the Sentinels in the arc would have been a problem for the sole reason that Magneto was still alive. 
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Son Of Storm: I would assume that the Sentinels were some how immune to being manipulated directly. Otherwise none of the Sentinels in the arc would have been a problem for the sole reason that Magneto was still alive.  "
That may be the case. However if we refer to the instance where Magneto tried to manipulate a Predator X with metal skin the resulting effect on Magneto wasn't good.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Son Of Storm: I would assume that the Sentinels were some how immune to being manipulated directly. Otherwise none of the Sentinels in the arc would have been a problem for the sole reason that Magneto was still alive.  "
That may be the case. However if we refer to the instance where Magneto tried to manipulate a Predator X with metal skin the resulting effect on Magneto wasn't good. "
And then how he pulled a planet destroying bullet from space at close to lightspeed, and destroyed most of it while pulling Kitty out, how he forcibly dispersed Proteus' energy matrix while mst of the iron in his blood stream had been turned to lead, etc. The Predator X, while a travesty, is rare form at this point. 
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
That may be the case. However if we refer to the instance where Magneto tried to manipulate a Predator X with metal skin the resulting effect on Magneto wasn't good. "
And then how he pulled a planet destroying bullet from space at close to lightspeed, and destroyed most of it while pulling Kitty out, how he forcibly dispersed Proteus' energy matrix while mst of the iron in his blood stream had been turned to lead, etc. The Predator X, while a travesty, is rare form at this point.  "
Pulling the bullet from space and saving Kitty almost killed him. And the Proteus story confused me (on more than one level). Originally he was composed of pure psionic energy. But when he's battling Magneto suddenly he's made out of energy that Magneto can control.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
And then how he pulled a planet destroying bullet from space at close to lightspeed, and destroyed most of it while pulling Kitty out, how he forcibly dispersed Proteus' energy matrix while mst of the iron in his blood stream had been turned to lead, etc. The Predator X, while a travesty, is rare form at this point.  "
Pulling the bullet from space and saving Kitty almost killed him. And the Proteus story confused me (on more than one level). Originally he was composed of pure psionic energy. But when he's battling Magneto suddenly he's made out of energy that Magneto can control. "
He needed hospitalization, but there's no indication that he was going to die from it. He was just exhausted. As any of the mutants assembled would have been if they'd attempted the same feat. He was still composed of psionic energy when battling Magneto. It's apparently just made up of a collection of electrons in a different composition that Magneto had never seen before. 
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Pulling the bullet from space and saving Kitty almost killed him. And the Proteus story confused me (on more than one level). Originally he was composed of pure psionic energy. But when he's battling Magneto suddenly he's made out of energy that Magneto can control. "
The Nimrod sentinels were able to adapt to everyone else's mutations, Magneto was still pretty blown by the Kitty thing.
Proteus' energy has some EM properties, or whatever. The Predator X incident was written by Fraction, utterly ridiculous. Boom Boom killed one for God's sake. The bullet incident was also written by Fraction…. but Magneto was just in need of medical existence due to exhaustion.
saucyllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By saucyllama

for al intents an purposes magneto is almost like superman, too powerful, so writers have to find ways of weaking them that make sense for the story.  the predator x thing was poor writing, and it reeked of duas ex machina to keep magneto from winning the battle.  I can imagine that anybody doing the bullet thing would be prety exausted after, so i forgive fraction for that. but he seems to be back at full strength now. iam pretty excited as the story continues.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Aero_gt
@hdorman1 said:
"i have never really thought of him as a bad guy in the first place  "
This
@Mutant God said:
"

He is not a "Good Guy" he is just doing what is best for the mutant community.

"

And that.
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#45  Edited By Hawkeye446
@hdorman1 said:
"i have never really thought of him as a bad guy in the first place  "

Neither have I. I mean, he has only ever done what he has thought is best for mutantkind, and if that is creating an alliance between the X-Men, then that's what he going to do..
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#46  Edited By Hawkeye446
@ComicMan24 said:
"Magneto will do whatever he can to ensure the survival of mutantkind. If that means an alliance with the X-Men, he will do that. "

Great minds think alike, I just wrote something similar. Guess I should have read the other posts beforehand :S
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kadeem

I see the conflict between Magneto and Prof. X being about realism vs idealism.  Charles wants everyone to get along, but Magneto recognizes that the world that they are in is filled with both overwhelming prejudice and systemic measures against mutants.  Magneto also understands from his experiences in Germany that an idealistic lets all get along approach doesn't work with people who think they have the right to conquer and kill you just for who you are.  During the 60's most Western nation's considered Nelson Mandela to be a terrorist for advoacting the violent overthrow of the apartheid regime of South Africa.  Now comparatively speaking we live in a time where there has been more progress so most people now understand the Mandela was doing the right thing.  If Magneto was born into a more peaceful time I don't believe he would engaged in violence, but he only uses violence out of necessity of justice, much in the same way that John Brown and Nat Turner did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its because of 2 reasons. The first reason is like a lot of people said, the mutant species is dying so he can't go against the X-Men. The second is because of the Sentinels and The Phoenix force, there is a bigger and more powerful threat to the mutant community than the X-Men

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By dernman

He should go back to being an evil Terrorist.

Avatar image for mrapocalypsenow
MrApocalypseNOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrApocalypseNOW

The best way to put or describe magneto is as Malcolm x. With Xavier being mlk. Magneto doesn't believe that mankind will ever come to terms with mutants so he will fight for them were as Xavier hopes that one day humans and mutants can walk together in happiness