#1 Posted by Bezza (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a big fan of Magneto but until recently have been away from comics for a long long time (30 years), so please forgive me if this question has been answered before, but I've always wondered what Magneto would do if the cops, or anyone really, just used plastic bullets against him? I know this sort of cropped up in X Men Last stand, but that film wasn't the best, so what is the answer?

#2 Posted by PapiNacho (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably has some loop hole against that with his powers but at the same time it is comics, so if someone tries that against him it will probably work. Kind of like how you're not supposed to be able to punch a green lantern but people do it all the time.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

If the guns were metal, he could probably do something to them to stop the bullets firing. Can you make guns out of plastic?

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33625 posts) - - Show Bio

If the guns were metal, he could probably do something to them to stop the bullets firing. Can you make guns out of plastic?

yep

#5 Posted by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can strengthen magnetic fields to be able to affect non-magnetic objects. Or something. Or I was on a fanboy-propoganda site.

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11738 posts) - - Show Bio

He would mostly use near by metal to shield himself from the bullets.

#7 Posted by Bezza (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

So if he is out in the open with no metal around, basically he is screwed.

I suppose its fair enough, I mean powerful characters have to have some sort of weakness to make it interesting!

#8 Posted by SC (13147 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto's powers are to do with electromagnetism not magnetism so chances are unless a writer is ignoring that or ignorant of that, Magneto should actually be able to affect even plastic bullets, that being said his powers naturally work best with metals. In some ways its better t think go Magneto as a telekinetic who finds metals much much easier to manipulate.

#9 Edited by Bezza (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Thanks for clarifying that...I still have much to learn about my favourite Marvel villain it would seem!!

#10 Posted by RUSS3LL (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Also he can create some kind of forcefields

Desicription of the marvel wikia;

• Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal force field that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His force field has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruptions, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-Men. Magneto can also use his force fields to hit or trap an enemy, and also levitate objects and beings in the air.
#12 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (823 posts) - - Show Bio

From Marvel Wiki

• Gravity Reduction: Eric's control over the magnetic and electromagnetic force is so refined that he can shut off gravity within a limited radius of himself by reversing the polarity of the earth's own magnetic field.