• 114 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Marvel is going to invade Netflix and one of the shows they have planned will be all about Luke Cage. As exciting as that may be, we can't help but wonder who Marvel will cast as the durable dude. Many names jump to mind, but during an interview with Collider, the very awesome Terry Crews joked that hasn't received any calls, but he'd be all for the part!

"Anything can happen. All I know is scheduling and all that stuff—anything can happen. I’m open to all kinds of things, but who knows? Actually I took myself out of the Luke Cage running a while back, just because it was people trying to put people against each other. [It was] Idris vs. Michael Jai and I’m like, ‘Wait a minute, this is not even greenlit! Can we talk to Marvel? Why are you talking to me? Don’t put me against my homeboy for a movie that’s not existing.’ I said, ‘Take me out!’ I heard [it’s greenlit] but I haven’t gotten any calls. I’ve been hearing stuff like, ‘oh you’re too old,’ and I’m like, ‘Man do my workout 20 years ago and we’ll talk about who’s too old (laughs).’ Like I said, anything can happen, I never rule anything out. I’m game. There are no rules. What’s up, Marvel? I’m right here, baby. I ain’t goin nowhere. You know where I live!”

No Caption Provided

Luke Cage isn't the only character getting his own mini-series on Netflix, either. Marvel's also released plans for four other shows to hit Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones,Iron Fist, The Defenders). Needless to say, you should get a Netflix account if you don't already have one. Perhaps this is just Phase One of the Netflix invasion? Could we see Moon Knight and others down the road, too? It's purely speculation, but we can dream, right?

Crews most definitely has the physique and charisma for the part, so would you want him to be Marvel's live-action version of the hero for hire? Or do you have another actor in mind? Don't be shy, jump into the conversation below.

Source: Collider

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I hope he gets it

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

His personality would suit the part anyway.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3 inferiorego  Staff

Every Marvel fan is yelling "DUH!"

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I love him in Brooklyn Nine-Nine and he looks like Cage too

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

He definatly has the look and the level of celbrity that Marvel normally goes for and heck I really like it. However Terry Crews is 45 years old which makes him good for maybe 2-3 films if we think 1 film=2 years (likely false). I just think he's to old which is a bummer.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

to old

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

YES PLEASE

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Always been a fan of Crews. He seems perfect for the role the same way the RDJ, Patrick Stewart, and Hugh Jackman all were for their respective characters.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

:D

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz: Luke Cage isn't going to be in much films, he's going to be in series more so.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Mister Obvious says, That would be ideal casting!

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just like putting Scottie Young on the Rocket Raccoon ongoing. I would have never thought of it but once it gets brought up all I can think is that its the best most obvious choice. Hopefully he gets the role.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

everything about him screams Luke Cage

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@maccyd: TV can certainly work better for someone his age and I used film as the example for time more due to Marvel deeper ties there but the time invested and product created could still be low. I would love this cast, if only he was 35.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I would not want this. I know he is the ultimate fan pick for the character but I want to see a younger Luke Cage on screen. Ultimately it is about the performance though and if Crews is the best pick then he should get the part. I just think that a young and talented actor that could sustain the character if he becomes popular enough for a Luke Cage or Heroes For Hire or even The Defenders film franchise is a wiser choice. I don't want to see Cage recast every movie like we have gotten with the Hulk for three different films (I know one of those wasn't Marvel but still).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Crews has been nipping at the role for years. It's clear he is committed to playing the role.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Captain13
No Caption Provided

Luke was in his 20s at the time of his origin and is currently in his early 30s, along with Danny Rand. As a 40 year-old man, Terry Crews is too old to play Luke Cage--especially at the start of his career.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

https://majorspoilers.com/2013/03/31/hero-history-luke-cage/

Terry Crews is likable and has charisma, but this annoys me because you just know Marvel is going to pick age-appropriate people for the other characters and this choice would make Luke the old black man. That's how the Thundercats reboot ruined Panthro for me. Unless Matt, Jessica, and Danny are also in their 40s, which they won't be, this feels really wrong.

Plus, Crews is under contract for a different show anyway.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

45? I'm 35 I wish I was in the physical shape that Crews is in. I don't he looks to old for the part at all. He's proven he can act, he can physically play the part he should definitely get it. No disrespect to anyone else who is actually going for it.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Captain13

I would suggest Mehcad Brooks and Lance Gross instead.

No Caption Provided

--

How come there wasn't a front page article when Idris Elba said he wanted to play Green Lantern? Just curious.

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Terry Crews, other than the age thing it'd be pretty cool.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

jamzdageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@inferiorego: LOL that's exactly what I said when I saw the title of this post.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By longbowhunter

Terry, if you were just 10 years younger. Still if he got cast I'd be pretty hype regardless.

PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELL YES.
Also, Michael Jai White as Black Panther. That suits him way better

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a cool dude I really hope he gets it.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOuld be sper awesome!!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Captain13

I don't think this is real for a few reasons

1) I doubt Marvel is movie a bug budget movie character (Dr. Strange) from the big screen to the small one, so Mephisto makes no sense. From everything we've been told, Defenders will be a rebranded New Avengers team. And the budget of each show is about $40 million, which doesn't seem like enough to make Dr. Strange or Mephisto work.

2) Kang the Conqueror and the Skrulls are not in Marvel's hands but Fox's because Fox has the Fantastic Four rights.

3) I doubt they are going to introduce Spider-Woman when they don't want to help audience association between their Universe and Sony's Universe since they are doing what they can to get the Spider-man rights back.

Mune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This put a big stupid grin on my face, I think it would be a lot of fun to see Crews as Cage, lore be damned!

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CF12793

I'm not sure where this is from but damn it got me excited.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

As long as he doesn't have a tiara and disco shirt.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Captain13

HELL YES.

Also, Michael Jai White as Black Panther. That suits him way better

Chadwick Boseman will totally be the Black Panther. MJW is awesome, but the studio wouldn't trust him to carry a $150+ million film.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

Terry Crews would be great, but he is a little old. He does have the right physicality and attitude though.

What ever happened to Isaiah Mustafa? Besides dropping off the face of the earth, didn't he make a fan film and everything?

I think that maybe someone a little younger would be better, true it is a tv series but still; Marvel has had great success at making little (un)known actors work, why change now?

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never been a fan of Luke Cage. This would make me a fan of Luke Cage. That is all.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Captain13

The Marvel shows are supposed to play out over 3 years. In 3 years, Terry Crews will be 48. And yes, he looks his.

@amazingwebhead said:

As long as he doesn't have a tiara and disco shirt.

I still want him to go by "Power Man" and for him to wear a costume of some sort (maybe even Power Man III's costume; fun fact: Luke is Power Man II). Luke did the hero thing because he was on the run, had powers, and needed cash. When the world is filled with superheroes, people are willing to pay more for a superhero than an average body guard or P.I. So even if Luke's identity is public, I really hope they don't go with the jeans and t-shirt look.

No Caption Provided

http://majorspoilers.com/2013/03/31/hero-history-luke-cage/

After all, his longest running title was called "Power Man and Iron Fist."

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hooray

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

He's a cool dude I really hope he gets it.

Sweet Christmas, that would be awesome!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#48 inferiorego  Staff

I don't think this is real for a few reasons

1) I doubt Marvel is movie a bug budget movie character (Dr. Strange) from the big screen to the small one, so Mephisto makes no sense. From everything we've been told, Defenders will be a rebranded New Avengers team. And the budget of each show is about $40 million, which doesn't seem like enough to make Dr. Strange of Mephisto work.

2) Kang the Conqueror and the Skrulls are not in Marvel's hands but Fox's because Fox has the Fantastic Four rights.

3) I doubt they are going to introduce Spider-Woman when they don't want to help audience association between their Universe and Sony's Universe since they are doing what they can to get the Spider-man rights back.

I don't think this is legit for one reason.

No one in film does this. Sure, there may be production notes here and there, but the only films that Marvel would list would be sure things and the vast majority of these are not that. Also, they wouldn't list their villains next the title of the film. That's just silly.

sonova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how age is the main reason to disagree with casting him... cause Hollywood ALWAYS cast according to age... Honestly, how many of you can look at the man and tell he's 45? For that matter how old does Luke in the Comics "LOOK"? I mean this is the same hollywood that had Rachel McAdams playing a High School student at 27, Gave us a show centered around high school teens that got intergalactic space robots (All of who were damn near 30) Is STILL letting Leonardo Dicaprio play a 20 something year old..... I mean honestly if you didn't know anything about Luke or Terry's age's this wouldn't be an issue.... Comic Fans put too much thought into such trivial things...

On a side note, I do agree with casting Mehcad Brooks or Lance Gross just because I like when Lukes depicted as indestructible but not hulking.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#50  Edited By Teerack

I think he'd be a good Cage.