• 75 results
deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deadpool101

Lex Luthor is the smartest man in the entire DCU. People always say brain beats brawn. That's how Batman defeats super-powered enemies. But if brain beats brawn, why hasn't Luthor beaten Superman yet? And, my secondary question is who is smarter than Lex in DC or Marvel?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deadpool101

Yeah the Braniacs I guess. What about in Marvel?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom
@deadpool101 said:
"But if brain beats brawn, why hasn't Luthor beaten Superman yet?"
Because Superman is
1. much more than just brawn, power wise.
2. Actually pretty bright.
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

DC UNIVERSE 
Brainiac (original & 5) i would presume all brainiacs would be 
Superman (Debatable) 
Bruce Wayne (equal to- also debatable) 
Professor Ivo  
T.O. Marrow

MARVEL UNIVERSE 
Reed Richards 
Hank Pym 
Hank McCoy 
Evil Beast 
Amadus Cho 
Tony Stark (before Dark Reign and after Dismantled) 
Bruce Banner 
DR. Doom 

im sure there are handfuls more
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. because he needs Superman. he could pull it off, though Superman is one of the most resilient super-heros around, always achieving the impossible. but Luthor needs Superman to complete him. if Superman wasnt there, he wouldnt have his competition, so there
would be nothing more to do. 
2. way too many to list. doesnt denote Luthor either but theres alot of characters. when Marvel names off its " most intelligent "
characters its not even coming close to the truth for example.

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deadpool101

Um Batman is smart but not Luthor smart. Neither is Tony Stark. And in non-cannon things like the JLU show, Luthor has outsmarted Braniacs. I will give credit to the others though. But Luthor does seem a tad superior t them, they could prbaby give him a run for his money. And I totally understand the "you complete me" stuff. It's partly why i love the joker so much. but with luthor, it just seems like "without superman, i'd be king of the world. so he needs to die" sorta thing. maybe im wrong.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@deadpool101: Batman is indeed smarter then Lex. Lex is cunning, he's really not all that intelligent.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" @deadpool101: Batman is indeed smarter then Lex. Lex is cunning, he's really not all that intelligent. "
Not really intelligent? He worked out a cure for cancer in his sister's kitchen while dressed in his prison outfit. And then he worked out an antidote for his cure for cancer. He's a freaking intellectual beast when written right.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth
@AtPhantom: I remember that..Lex giveth, Lex taketh..Lex Luthor is a d-bag.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
" @deadpool101: Batman is indeed smarter then Lex. Lex is cunning, he's really not all that intelligent. "
Not really intelligent? He worked out a cure for cancer in his sister's kitchen while dressed in his prison outfit. And then he worked out an antidote for his cure for cancer. He's a freaking intellectual beast when written right. "
Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but curing cancer, all be it impressive for us, isn't all that impressive when compared to say Batman creating a Time Machine.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
Not really intelligent? He worked out a cure for cancer in his sister's kitchen while dressed in his prison outfit. And then he worked out an antidote for his cure for cancer. He's a freaking intellectual beast when written right. "
Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but curing cancer, all be it impressive for us, isn't all that impressive when compared to say Batman creating a Time Machine. "
Batman made a time machine?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but curing cancer, all be it impressive for us, isn't all that impressive when compared to say Batman creating a Time Machine. "
Batman made a time machine? "
My bad it wasnt a time machine it was a teleporter.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iLLituracy

No Caption Provided
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Batman made a time machine? "
My bad it wasnt a time machine it was a teleporter. "
Okay, but that's something that comes standard with the job. You can't be a proper super person without one. :P

My point was that Lex made a cure for cancer without resources. No labs, no high tech equipment, no millions of dollars to spend. Just the stuff you find in your kitchen (Plus superboy getting some ingredients). They just asked him "can you cure it?" and he said "Sure, just give me a minute."
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom said:
" Okay, but that's something that comes standard with the job. You can't be a proper super person without one. :P  My point was that Lex made a cure for cancer without resources. No labs, no high tech equipment, no millions of dollars to spend. Just the stuff you find in your kitchen (Plus superboy getting some ingredients). They just asked him "can you cure it?" and he said "Sure, just give me a minute." "
That is pretty impressive then. Out of curiosity what items did Superboy get?
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Batman made a time machine? "
My bad it wasnt a time machine it was a teleporter. "
Okay, but that's something that comes standard with the job. You can't be a proper super person without one. :P  My point was that Lex made a cure for cancer without resources. No labs, no high tech equipment, no millions of dollars to spend. Just the stuff you find in your kitchen (Plus superboy getting some ingredients). They just asked him "can you cure it?" and he said "Sure, just give me a minute." "

it wasnt really cancer tho was it? i thought she was just paralyzed.  

Also another one to add to the list would be Mr. Terrific
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Just for giggles.

No Caption Provided
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler: Not all were shown, but he did get a hair from a Bizarro (not THE Bizarro, but some guy from Bizarro world), a giant bone from Themyscira and some prehistoric herb.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Lex made the cure for cancer in like five minutes as well as a way to instantly give someone cancer he is way smarter than some of the listed on this page

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler: Not all were shown, but he did get a hair from a Bizarro (not THE Bizarro, but some guy from Bizarro world), a giant bone from Themyscira and some prehistoric herb. "
Thats pretty cool. But the nature and specific items listed, leads me to believe he had already discovered the cure before this instance. Know what I'm saying?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler: Not all were shown, but he did get a hair from a Bizarro (not THE Bizarro, but some guy from Bizarro world), a giant bone from Themyscira and some prehistoric herb. "
Thats pretty cool. But the nature and specific items listed, leads me to believe he had already discovered the cure before this instance. Know what I'm saying? "
Yes, I can see that. However the comic itself doesn't give that impression. This isn't something I can really prove to you, though. It's just the general atmosphere of the comic indicates that Lex is making this up on the fly. : )
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Thats pretty cool. But the nature and specific items listed, leads me to believe he had already discovered the cure before this instance. Know what I'm saying? "
Yes, I can see that. However the comic itself doesn't give that impression. This isn't something I can really prove to you, though. It's just the general atmosphere of the comic indicates that Lex is making this up on the fly. : ) "
Yeah I'm just speculating myself. Do you happen to remember off hand which comic and issue number this happens in?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Yes, I can see that. However the comic itself doesn't give that impression. This isn't something I can really prove to you, though. It's just the general atmosphere of the comic indicates that Lex is making this up on the fly. : ) "
Yeah I'm just speculating myself. Do you happen to remember off hand which comic and issue number this happens in? "
Adventure comics 6. latest.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@AtPhantom: Good lookin out
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Just to clarify, he doesn't cure cancer, but he does give her the ability to walk again (before taking it away). Its still impressive but he had more then just kitchen supplies and the items Superboy got him. He had a table full of notes and documents so I'm pretty sure its something he had been working on before this specific circumstance. But its still a badass feat.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Quite or Lex will give you cancer take it away and give it back to you just because he is that much of a a-hole

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
Bugs Bunny
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
@Gambler said:
" Just to clarify, he doesn't cure cancer, but he does give her the ability to walk again (before taking it away). Its still impressive but he had more then just kitchen supplies and the items Superboy got him. He had a table full of notes and documents so I'm pretty sure its something he had been working on before this specific circumstance. But its still a badass feat. "
That would be it. I thought it was cancer. My bad. But I do remember they said the papers on the table were his sister's medical files.
deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deadpool101

Okay anyone who thinks Lex is not as smart as Bats needs to read "Superman: Birthright". Lex Luthor is definitely the smartest man in the world. The original Mr. Terriffic was maybe as smart, but his inability to see that other people didn't believe in "fair play" as much as him makes him below Luthor's brainpower. Lex Luthor became president despite a horrible record of killing, and trying to take over the world. That takes some intelligece. Batman built a teleportr? That's stupid. He's good with gadgets but when he gets too sci-fi ish it's annoying. Anyways, Luthor built a freaking Braniac body suit. Luthor figured out how to neutralize Firestorm's powers (which was helped by Firestorm cuz Jason published scientific papers explaininghow his powers worked but...). Luthor is a genius. And in Marvel, Norman Osborn came up with a cure for cancer and turned it into a weapo against Deadpool.  If Osborn can do it, so ca Lex. Not to mention, Luthor has made contact with alien life (even alien life that doesn't exist anymore through loopholes in time and space that he created). He has given people superpowers with his everyman project. 

So I think Mr. Terrific and Batman ae not up to Lex-standards. 

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OhTru
@Gambler said:
" Just for giggles.
 "
Brilliant

owned!
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler said:
" Just to clarify, he doesn't cure cancer, but he does give her the ability to walk again (before taking it away). Its still impressive but he had more then just kitchen supplies and the items Superboy got him. He had a table full of notes and documents so I'm pretty sure its something he had been working on before this specific circumstance. But its still a badass feat. "
Wow just read that way to make me look like an @$$ Gam =P
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEGRAAF
@AtPhantom said:
" @Gambler said:
That would be it. I thought it was cancer. My bad. But I do remember they said the papers on the table were his sister's medical files. "

thats true, they did say that he was looking at her files, i still felt (as i was reading the comic) that he had the solution prior to this event and just did not have the resources as well as didnt care to gather the resources.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By geraldthesloth

DC has many more people smarter than Lex

so does Marvel.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sivana is smarter than Luthor in DC.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By reactor
@geraldthesloth said:
" DC has many more people smarter than Lex  so does Marvel. "
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By glforthewin

metron's smarter than him

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yodagod

DC 
Ray Palmer 
Ryan Choi 
Abra Kadabra 
TO Morrow 
Mr Terrific 
maybe Sivana 
maybe Dr Magnus 
I'd say that Gorilla Grodd and the Brainiacs are about equal to Lex  
Marvel 
Reed Richards  
Kang (all versions)
Bruce Banner  
Dr Doom 
Henry Mccoy (both versions) 
Hank Pym  
Tony Stark
Black Panther 
Amadeus Cho  
Apocalypse 
Prodigy  
Kid Omega
deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deadpool101

Oh and Lex built a teleporter too. Uses it in Teen Titans. Pops by to leave a get well card for Superboy only issues before the boy of steel dies. Here's a question: Who would win in a fight: Lex Luthor or Norman Osborn?
grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By grimreaper1980

victor von doom

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Metron
Metron
Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The question

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dr Doom

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mr Fantastic and Doctor Doom.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Luthor is the brightest human of the DCU but like Superman he is treated by mediocre writers most of the time and as a result he doesn't have the feats batman has or Mr.Fantastic.Superman isn't just brawn he actually is one of the smartest in the DCU so the brain vs brawn argument is too simple to explain the situation.

Just throwing in it out there most of the times Superman has died in comics Luthor was the cause.

• All star Superman
  • Red Son
  • The death of Superman (the Silver age version)

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Ozymandias

well Ozymandias

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

No human in DC, maybe a few in Marvel like Reed Richards

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to tell the god honest truth i know no other human in the DC universe that is smarter or as smart as lex. He is the only human i know that is labelled as a 12 level intellect

Avatar image for trinidadsuperman
trinidadsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By trinidadsuperman

Lex is the smartest HUMAN in the Dc Universe bruce isnt even close. Lex became a god once and has immensive amount of tech at his disposal. Brainiac is the smartest being in the Dc universe and then comes others like Metron. I find it silly that someone mentions batman building a teleporter as if thats revolutionary. Im pretty sure every scientist in comics has built a teleporter of some sort in their time lol. But Lex is smarter no doubt

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinidadsuperman: I read both volumes of Black Ring. Brainiac did most of the heavy lifting, then Lex got the epic win due to some ruthlessness and massive PIS on Brainiac's part. And if Superman:Brainiac is to be believed, he has yet to actually deal with the 12th level intellect on panel.

P.S. Lex is about as smart as Tony Stark or Bruce Banner, which is a decent but not large bit smarter than Bruce Wayne. As Tony and Banner have spammed time machine paradoxes, while Lex has shown no such initiative to possibly destroy his own universe... Wow Age of Ultron was stupid.