Lex Luthor and Alfred Have been Cast in the Upcoming Superman/Batman Film

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman: I was hoping they'd just cast Clancy Brown as Lex and have him shave his head

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By lilben42

First of all I expected way more negative responses like seriously it wasn't even fun looking through the comments. Anyway he had to try out for the role and he obviously won them over somehow because they didn't pick him for his looks. As long as he can break away from the awkward young man role I'll be intruiged.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Eisenburg had a knack of being cold and deceitful in Social Network and Now You See Me.

I'm sure he'll do great!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I refuse to believe this casting is real.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By Wolverine008

@comicstooge said:

Denial, one of the many phases of depression.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both great actors and a very ballsy casting choice for WB. Irons as Pennyworth is great! Jesse Eisenberg is quirky, he's awkward, and he's definitely not menacing, how ironic that he will be the one to give supes the toughest time. I think the stark contrast between the two will be fun to watch.

I'm really interested to what they're going to do.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Irons for Alfred....perfect....spectacular...awesome!!...FANTASTIC,IM AM SO HAPPY!

Jesse for Luthor?........i hope it works out.....i dont see it,yet.

This. Jesse is a great actor but he's two young for Luthor, he doesn't have the voice, the presence or anything that is needed for Lex but then again most people including me felt same about Ledger and we were proved wrong.

Andrew Garfield for Batman etc,you catch my drift.

garfield is 30 and is playing a highschool spiderman.......................

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Irons for Alfred....perfect....spectacular...awesome!!...FANTASTIC,IM AM SO HAPPY!

This. Jesse is a great actor but he's two young for Luthor, he doesn't have the voice, the presence or anything that is needed for Lex but then again most people including me felt same about Ledger and we were proved wrong.

Andrew Garfield for Batman etc,you catch my drift.

garfield is 30 and is playing a highschool spiderman.......................

I know,and Tobey wasn't looking like a Highschool student in Spider-Man 1,too........
At least Garfield looks the part more.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Wolverine008

He looks too young.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Ledgers performances didn't indicate that he was fit to be Joker, neither did Cavils Roles, but here we are :P

I think it's best to give him a chance, we don't really know what he's capable of since he's never been cast as someone like lex before.

im giving him a chance but like i said before many times im just tired of seeing the same villain over and over again. it has nothing to do with the casting at all really but this is going to be what number movie with this villain? as far as i can remember luthor has been in more movies than any other dc villain

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news, I don't know who Jesse is but bald looks like lex, I'll have to watch him act. But Iron's is the MAN! He's great in everything he's been in, was just watching Die Hard 3 other day, he's great in any role.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I am going to keep a positive attitude overall but this is another casting that I can't get completely on board with. Affleck, Gadot, and now Eisenberg. That is not to say that I think they will be bad but none of them were really on my radar for their roles. That could lead to great performances like Ledger as Joker. Or it could lead to disaster. It almost seems to me that WB/DC is intentionally going with odd/unexpected casting choices to elicit big responses from the fan community.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

OK,I I don't need rosenbaum for lex,I'll take Cranston...... just please. Not him please.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

Nope. I can't deny something that's fake anyway!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have NO IDEA how I feel about this.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

That's it! It will go away if you keep denying it's existence!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

That's it! It will go away if you keep denying it's existence!

I knew you'd have my back on this! Let's deny together.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#169  Edited By Jenkale

jesse is a great actor but he is waay too young isnt he? and jeremy irons is too great of an actor to be a freakin butler. irons should have been lex but whatevs

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By blastaar

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Is this a joke....!??

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is some "interesting" casting.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Fetts

Jesse Eisenberg? NO. Why? Gah!!!

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any serious roles jesse played that ppl would recommend? if he bulks up a lil i thibk i can really see him doing well.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesse is a great actor but he is waay too young isnt he? and jeremy irons is too great of an actor to be a freakin butler. irons should have been lex but whatevs

The guy's 30 but he looks 20ish.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the f*ck?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well this has made me lose even more trust in the ability of Superman/Batman to do justice to a DC Cinematic Universe. Jesse Eisenberg is quite a rising star and a capable actor, don't get me wrong but...there's nothing sinister about him. He doesn't have the greed or malevolence in his performances thus far that is intrinsically wrapped up in Lex Luthor's character. Even his arrogant roles aren't really the kind of arrogance Lex displays which is based on a superiority complex of his intellect and high standing place in society. I just don't see him as Lex Luthor in the slightest and this is another fatal casting error that could go drastically wrong. Eisenberg just doesn't have the acting chops to play Lex Luthor IMO.

As for Jeremy Irons, I'm not too familiar with him but a quick search shows he's a BAFTA nominated actor with acclaimed roles. So that's not too bad.

I'm back and forth on Eisenberg. I agree with your assessment, for sure, but at the same time... he's had a variety of very different roles which he's quite consistently nailed, so I do have faith in his versatility. I think if he understands the character he's playing, he could probably pull it off... but I don't know if I even have faith in the writers/directors to really get Luthor.

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like that, im alright with a younger Lex. why not?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I thought you loved Cavill as Superman.

So far, he is the only one that actually looks like the character he is playing.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay on a scale of one to ten, how big did they f**k up with casting lex luthor

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#180 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@aeroman said:

okay on a scale of one to ten, how big did they f**k up with casting lex luthor

I'll let you know after I see his performance...

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the casting for Alfred, but I'm not so sure about Lex.

I need to go watch some of Eisenberg's other roles, because he just doesn't strike me as someone who could be Lex. I hope he surprises me.

Avatar image for ocareyinfluence
ocareyinfluence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenburg can't act, he is the boy version of Kristen Stewart. Ben Affleck while a great director is a horrible choice for Batman and the Man of Steel failed to make me care about that version of Superman. Jeremy Irons is incredible and will make a great Alfred, but he would have been a better choice for Lex. I will be skipping this movie now. Good to know before hand.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing is for sure about this movie. It's going to be good and a lot of people are going to say I told you so, or it's going to be bad and a lot of people are going to say I told you so. Me, I have no idea. I'm not going to judge anything until I've seen it whenever it comes out.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Am I the only one hoping that Alfred sings "Be Prepared" with Bruce at some point in the film now?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH is SURE Eisenberg, Affleck, and Gadot will do a great job in tHeir respected roles.

In tHe end all tHe Haters will join tHe van wagon same with HeatH Ledger's Joker.

And, MetH will enjoy watcHing all tHe fangirls eat tHeir words.

FOOLS!

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#186  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

DAMN IT DC, I SAID HEISENBERG NOT EISENBERG!

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

THIS!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhh...

Y'know what, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about the casting until I can actually see this movie. So many choices that I wouldn't have made and gotta put my faith in...

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenberg might be good, it's just his voice I have a problem with, it doesn't sound as menacing as Gene Hackman, Kevin Spacey, or Clancy Brown.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By JeanRalphio

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CUMBERBITCH OR CRANSTON!!!!!

Bald Eisenberg...I could see it

Mellow_Hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this works, eisenberg and cavill are both the same age, and we don't know what this luthor is like so i'll keep an open mind. There's just something about eisenberg thats kinda intimidating.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, as usual, I didn't know who either of these people are. I agree that the guy who will play Lex doesn't appear to fit the role, but I can't speak to either of these actors' abilities. However, from reading everyone's comments, it seems like Alfred is in safe hands. As for Lex, I'm sure the actor had to try out by going through a scene and impressed the casting director. (If they didn't go through that necessary step, then shame on them.) And since good actors can do a range of parts, just because he's never played a similar part, doesn't mean he's incapable of doing so. I'm not saying he's a good actor, because I've actually never heard of him, but many of you say he is, and while some of you say he isn't, I'm as always, optimistic about this movie. This will be the first live action movie ever to feature more than one of DC's main heroes. It's gonna be awesome. I really enjoyed Man of Steel too. However, I really hope Lex isn't the main villain, but rather a background character, because I never cared for characters, like Luthor, who are way too overused. Luthor was the or a main villain in all four of the original Superman movies, and Superman Returns. I was really glad when Man of Steel came out that they had finally made a movie without him. That being said, I was disappointed they went with Zod because he had already been in Superman 2, while other Superman villains have never appeared in a live action movie. Granted, Supes doesn't have as great a rogues gallery as Bats or Spidey, but there are some important villains such as Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Bizarro, even Toyman and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Anyway, one last thing about Man of Steel and also the Amazing Spider-Man that I didn't like was that in both movies, all the hero really did to some extent was clean up their own mess.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

My first reaction was "WHAT THE HELL?!"

A moment later, my reaction was "**** NO!"

Then upon further thought, I settled on "Actually, this could work."

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I love Jesse Eisenberg, he is a terrific young actor. Key word there was young. Way too young to be a convincing Lex. Even too young to be Smallville Lex. This is literally one of the worst miscastings in superhero film history. I mean I was open to a lot of different interpretations of Lex, like or dislike, it never occurred to me that they would actually baffle and bewilder me with their choice. Well...I am baffled and bewildered. It's better than Michael Cera Luthor anyway.

Is WB punking the world? Is that what's happening?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

That was...unexpected.

Haven't seen the film, so I'll wait before whether I say it's a good or bad choice...but this is the internet, and OF COURSE people will have to make their anger heard.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here are my thoughts:

Loading Video...

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Smurfboy

Jesse Eisenburg does look young. Maybe the director has a better vision than I do, so I'll hold my judgment until I actually see the movie.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

NERDS EVERYWHERE FLIPPING THE FACK OUT!!!

Every casting for these movie is pissing everybody off haha. This movie is gonna be a huge trainwreck or unexpectedly amazing.