#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone? Mhh not to many croc fans i guess.

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2320 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest Im excited for most of the Bat books villains books, Killer Croc included.

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Killer Croc, but I hate villain issues.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I love Killer Croc, but I hate villain issues.

To be honest Im excited for most of the Bat books villains books, Killer Croc included.

well Tim seems to be knows what he is doing, so it might just be awesome

#6 Edited by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.I am excited for most of the issues during Villains Month.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Yeah.I am excited for most of the issues during Villains Month.

NICE

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

I was, but I'm not sure now as I'm annoyed about the whole Batwoman thing.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty excited, I read the interview with the writer about him wanting to flesh out Croc, certainly sounds promising. I liked that bit in RHATO where Croc was like a sponsor for Arsenal.

#10 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

they would have to be really creative with his issue to make it good. for me, he is a 1 dimension villain.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

they would have to be really creative with his issue to make it good. for me, he is a 1 dimension villain.

Have you read Batwoman #21? It's pretty much a Killer Croc one-shot, and shows some depth to him.

#12 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

I am super excited about it, ive been really intrested in him since I played the Arkham games and I can see alot of potential in him.

I havent had time to read to much with him yet though and the things I have seen he has been treated really badly.. So if its true this guy really wanna flesh out the character and treat him with respect ill be a very happy girl!

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I am super excited about it, ive been really intrested in him since I played the Arkham games and I can see alot of potential in him.

I havent had time to read to much with him yet though and the things I have seen he has been treated really badly.. So if its true this guy really wanna flesh out the character and treat him with respect ill be a very happy girl!

I like how the writer acknowledges that croc has been treated badly, if they could make him the gagnster monster he was in the akrham games it would be awesome!

i also hope Croc Appears as a boss in either the final arkham game or arkham origins.

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't care much. But Arkham Asylum's Croc and the recent Batwoman issue centering around Croc have given me a new appreciation for him.

#15 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for it, and it's one of the few villain's month issues I'm getting.

Of course.. the one I'm excited for the most is DEFINITELY Lobo, but Killer Croc has always interested me. A giant, scary, croc brute. Hell, sounds pretty cool to me.

#16 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't care much. But Arkham Asylum's Croc and the recent Batwoman issue centering around Croc have given me a new appreciation for him.

What issues of Batwoman is this? I would like to get them.

#17 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

#21 Was pretty much a Killer Croc one shot, all told from his point of view, and about him. He's been appearing in quite a few issues throughout the second arc, To Drown The World, and had a few appearances in the third arc, Worlds Finest.

There were apparently some big cool plans for him in the pages of Batwoman, but they've been stopped from pursuing them. I kind of get the feeling #21 may be Crocs last appearance in the series.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

#21 Was pretty much a Killer Croc one shot, all told from his point of view, and about him. He's been appearing in quite a few issues throughout the second arc, To Drown The World, and had a few appearances in the third arc, Worlds Finest.

There were apparently some big cool plans for him in the pages of Batwoman, but they've been stopped from pursuing them. I kind of get the feeling #21 may be Crocs last appearance in the series.

i actually haven't read that. but since it's good i might as well pick it up :)

#19 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

Batwoman's a great series, I highly recommend it. :)

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

just finished reading the issue, amazing. absolutely amazing.

#21 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I think Tim Seeley may have a tough job topping it.

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Seeley wrote one of my favourite series of all time, he is very consistent and good :P

#23 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Tim Seeley wrote one of my favourite series of all time, he is very consistent and good :P

I haven't read much of his work, so I didn't mean to disrespect him personally. I just meant that this was a really good Killer Croc story.

#24 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I haven't read much of his work, so I didn't mean to disrespect him personally. I just meant that this was a really good Killer Croc story.

i agree, and i Hope tim manages to top it, or come close :)

#25 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

Thanks for the reply. :) I might try to pick up the whole series then as soon as I get the chance.

#26 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

Thanks for the reply. :) I might try to pick up the whole series then as soon as I get the chance.

:)

well this one issue really speaks for itself, it left a great impression on me :), a great croc story, best in years IMO. :P I hope Tim Tops it off though

#27 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@theacidskull said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bruxae said:

@supbatz said:

Sounds like a good idea. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Oh, have you read Batwoman: Elegy? It's a great place to start as a Batwoman reader. It's pre-New 52, but all of her continuity is the same.

#28 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading this thread I decided to borrow my friends copy of Batwoman 21, loved Croc in that issue.

#29 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc is a poor man's Lizard who gets beaten by a small child. He is worse than Egg Fu.

#30 Edited by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

8 months late, but I was somewhat disappointed by this issue. Croc used to be worth sh!t in the comics, he was a crime lord, he was smart, he was basically Bane before Bane was created way back when, and now in the Nu52, he's a failed jewelry store robber and a darwinesque cult leader. The latter isn't bad, in fact seeing him in a position of power again really brought a smile to my face, but there's just not many places that Batman writers can take him that wouldn't end with him being just another failure overshadowed by an overexposed Bat-villain. I mean when's the last time someone besides Joker, Talon and Dent got the spot light?

#31 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344: Croc has been a major jobber for years. Waaaaay before the New 52. The Villain's Month issue was one of his best showings to date. He was sympathetic, ruthless, cunning, and powerful. Such an emotional and entertaining issue.

Long live King Croc!

#32 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, exactly. He's been a jobber for a long time...really long. It's sad because he started out so strong.