Kick-Ass 3 comic book (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

• 68 results
Gurps_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gurps_Guy

WARNING: SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED BELOW! You should read Kick-Ass 2 before reading this thread.

Mark Millar has said that Kick-Ass 3 will take place two or three years after the end of Kick-Ass 2. Mindy is in prison and Dave is destitute after loosing his father. Superheroes have been banned, but some of them are still operating under the radar. For further information go to http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a382741/kick-ass-3-detailed-by-mark-millar.html

What do you guys want to see happen in the Kick-Ass 3 comic book? What do you think will happen? Do you want Hit-Girl to escape from prison on her own or have assistance? What about Red Mist? Should he be in a wheelchair? Should he even be the main villain this time around? What about Kick-Ass himself? Would you prefer that he retired from super-heroing after the end of Kick-Ass 2, or him still performing as Kick-Ass? What do you think will happen to Gigante, Red Mist's corrupt cop uncle who arrested Hit-Girl? Will Mindy's mom end up in the insane asylum after finding out what her daughter had been up to? Will Marcus be jailed or fired for protecting Mind? Do you think Kick-Ass or Hit-Girl will die? Finally, what heroes would you like to see working under the radar - members of Justice Forever or brand new, never before seen heroes?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

I don't think Red Mist will return to Villainy after that confrontation...

I can see Dave recruiting for his own team of Superheroes in an effort to free Hit-Girl or take down Red Mist's uncle.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

i really hope theres not that big of a time skip. it would be cool to see red mist and kick ass have to team up to take down his uncle.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

It would also be cool if Marcus got fired from the police and became a superhero maybe even a new big daddy.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really hope theres not that big of a time skip. it would be cool to see red mist and kick ass have to team up to take down his uncle.

It would also be cool if Marcus got fired from the police and became a superhero maybe even a new big daddy.

I wonder if Mark will take the "Star Wars" theme so far as to have Chris kill Rocco and end up getting killed himself in the process. Or maybe he'll surprise us like he did in Kick-Ass 2 when "Yoda" got his head cut off a mere three issues in. As for Marcus, I think the "Big Daddy II" scenario would only work in the movie, where they're old buds. In the book, though, he seems to think Damon was a total psycho so the chances of him even considering carrying on his legacy are pretty slim.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I wonder if Mark will take the "Star Wars" theme so far as to have Chris kill Rocco and end up getting killed himself in the process. Or maybe he'll surprise us like he did in Kick-Ass 2 when "Yoda" got his head cut off a mere three issues in. As for Marcus, I think the "Big Daddy II" scenario would only work in the movie, where they're old buds. In the book, though, he seems to think Damon was a total psycho so the chances of him even considering carrying on his legacy are pretty slim.

wow someone talks to me like after a year, lol. I agree with what you say. I hope Chris does make up for his time as a supervillain, I dont necessarily want him dead though. I dont like how Kick-Ass 3 has completely forgot about Marcus though, since he had such a big part in Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl mini. Also, yeah in the movie I want Marcus to become Big Daddy, because Big Daddy was more heroic in the movie version.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Meh, I was bored and figured this wasn't really "topic-bumping" since the series isn't even over yet. Like I said, Mark has strayed off the predictable path before. As for your disappointment of Marcus not getting enough coverage, with Justice Forever getting wiped out Dave's gonna have to turn to somebody for help rescuing Mindy.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark: true dat. i just read through kick-ass 3, I dont thin Juicer or insectman is really dead. And I do believe that redmist will do something special. I think he will live and go live with his mom out in vermont maybe.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: No offense, but I hope you're wrong about the Juicer. I never liked him. I mean, he made a mural on Mindy's wall and didn't even put her in it. At least the solicitation for the final issue makes it sound like she's gonna survive issue 7. I was worried that she was gonna die completely helpless, like her dad and the Colonel. Now that there's a chance she'll be on her feet, I feel slightly better.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark: I dont like the Juicer either, it just seems his death was so wasted though. Apparently he had cool electric tech and stuff. And it never shows him die, just a cracked window with some blood. He could just be hurt. As for insect man he was a cop and all he said was "oh no". He could have escaped as well. I for one don't want Mindy to die, at all, period. If anybody dies it should be Kick-ass or maybe Redmist, but I really don't want it to be Hit-Girl.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By I_Am_Dark

@allstarsuperman: I don't really want her to die at all, either. I just REALLY don't want her to die in the "sit still and eat this ice pick" method that Rocco has in mind. You get what I'm saying?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman: I don't really want her to die at all, either. I just REALLY don't want her to die in the "sit still and eat this ice pick" method that Rocco has in mind. You get what I'm saying?

i hope Hit-Girl does what she did at the end of her mini series, remember how she killed the guy with those mommy bear, daddy bear, and baby bear bullets, Hopefully she ends up killing Rocco with the pick or some how makes rocco kill himself or something.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: If Chris beats her to that (he's the "Vader" here after all), she could always kill Gigante in some particularly awesome and ironic fashion. What sounds better, running him over to make up for last time or strangling him with the chains he put her in?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark: I dont know, I just hope I like it a lot. And be pleasantly surprised as well.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. So the sixth issue is coming out a couple weeks from now (nice that they finally tell us) and apparently by the end of the series, two of the three main characters are gonna bite the dust. Any predictions on who?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark: issue 6 was supposed to be out in december, then January 29, now it says February 19. It's a little frustrating. I think Red-Mist will die, I think both Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass will live, maybe one of them will be wounded bad though.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_Am_Dark

@allstarsuperman: I really hope that Mark doesn't plan on having Mindy spend the rest of the series in a coma or something.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I really hope that Mark doesn't plan on having Mindy spend the rest of the series in a coma or something.

I doubt that would happen

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least now they have a preview up on CBR. What IS the big surprise, I wonder?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this chapter of the trilogy is going too slow

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@black_arrow: thats what i though, read the new issue it advances a lot

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: One thing I can certainly say for the movies is that they're way less depressing than the books. For instance, both versions of Big Daddy are somewhat certifiable, but at least you can sort of feel sympathy for the movie version. I could totally see myself going off the deep end if I lost my job, my wife, and didn't get to see my daughter for five years all because I told the bad guys to shove it. But a regular mid-life crisis? I'd do therapy or something and move on, not kidnap my child from my ex and brainwash her into becoming an assassin just for kicks. If you don't like the idea of Dave and Mindy being a couple, though, you might wanna try the books. She's still only 13 years old in this version (and currently in jail) so romance is not soon on the horizon.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@mitran said:

Is it bad that I only care for the movie? I kind of want to read the comics but at the same time don't.

their on youtube if you dont feel liking paying........

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got around to reading the latest issue. Did not expect Mindy's mom to react that way to her vigilantism. Makes you wonder how exactly she and this version of Damon broke up...

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Chris didn't exactly kill "the Emperor" but he did save a good guy from death at the cost of his own life. It was nice to see Dave actually caring about Mindy since he spent most of the chapter deciding whether to bust her out or bang his new girlfriend and he kept choosing the latter.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MegaHGFan

So the final issue has been delayed all the way to June 11th. Hit-Girl is my favorite superhero, so I'm really eager to find out about the end of her story. Do you guys think she will survive? I hope so, it would be pretty sad if she didn't.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@megahgfan: @i_am_dark: I loved red mists redemption, I knew he would do it but I though it would be a last minute bash roccos head in with the axe. Kickass finally killed a guy but I felt pointless as he was already down, I thought that kickass' first kill should mean something.

As for Mindy I hope she doesn't die, id rather have kickass die. Mindy is the real hero and she needs to live on IMHO. Also I really want her to live just cause she is my second favorite superhero. Also I about pooped myself in amazement at the reveal of the Hit-Cave.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan: @i_am_dark: I loved red mists redemption, I knew he would do it but I though it would be a last minute bash roccos head in with the axe. Kickass finally killed a guy but I felt pointless as he was already down, I thought that kickass' first kill should mean something.

As for Mindy I hope she doesn't die, id rather have kickass die. Mindy is the real hero and she needs to live on IMHO. Also I really want her to live just cause she is my second favorite superhero. Also I about pooped myself in amazement at the reveal of the Hit-Cave.

I loved the reveal of the Hit-Cave as well, that moment was brilliant, especially with how it was a homage to the Adam West Batman show. Even funnier was Mindy's reaction to Dave not knowing the importance of the Shakespeare head.

My ideal ending is that Mindy lives, and maybe it is shown 10 years later or something, that she is still Hit-Girl and still kicking ass. Even better would be for there to be another Hit-Girl spinoff book showing Hit-Girl as older teen or adult, but that is doubtful since Millar seems to really want the next issue to be the end of the story.

About Kick-Ass killing that guy. I think that the scene would have been better if he had to kill the guy to save Mindy. I would have also liked some more insight about Chris' redemption. The comic book Chris is more evil than movie Chris, though they are both evil. I just wonder what made someone like him want to redeem himself.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan: @i_am_dark: I loved red mists redemption, I knew he would do it but I though it would be a last minute bash roccos head in with the axe. Kickass finally killed a guy but I felt pointless as he was already down, I thought that kickass' first kill shYeah ould mean something.

I loved the reveal of the Hit-Cave as well, that moment was brilliant, especially with how it was a homage to the Adam West Batman show. Even funnier was Mindy's reaction to Dave not knowing the importance of the Shakespeare head.

My ideal ending is that Mindy lives, and maybe it is shown 10 years later or something, that she is still Hit-Girl and still kicking ass. Even better would be for there to be another Hit-Girl spinoff book showing Hit-Girl as older teen or adult, but that is doubtful since Millar seems to really want the next issue to be the end of the story.

About Kick-Ass killing that guy. I think that the scene would have been better if he had to kill the guy to save Mindy. I would have also liked some more insight about Chris' redemption. The comic book Chris is more evil than movie Chris, though they are both evil. I just wonder what made someone like him want to redeem himself.

Yeah the Hit-Cave was just so awesome, and I thought It was funny that Dave didn't get it. My only problem with it, is continuity wise in Kick-Ass Big-Daddy and Hit-Girl live off some comic book money and move from place to place, but then later in the Hit-Girl series it shows that they have a giant headquarters, now in Kick-Ass 3 they have a Hit-Cave with underground passage around New York.

Same, I was just thinking that it should end like the second movie with her running away and then a look into the future were either she is still Hit-Girl or she finally decided to live a normal life. The latter is pretty out of character, but it would be somewhat nice to see her be okay.

I agreed, it should have been a last resort and a big change for him, but no, he just bashes a guys head in while he is on the ground. Comic Chris became good after seeing how much destruction he caused, which made everyone hate him. He was always a "bad" guy, an after seeing his dad mutilated he went crazy. So after he suited up and all those other "super villains" loved him, it all went to his head making him even crazier, causing him to do some crazy things. After being hospitalized Chris really had to sit down and think about all the things he did and all the lives he ruined, including his mom's. He felt that saving Mindy would be his big redemption like how in a comic or cartoon how Bad guy say sorry and may or may not team up with the hero to fight a bigger threat. But that's not how real life works and even though he gave his life for Mindy she straight out tells him that she doesn't forgive him.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan: @i_am_dark: I loved red mists redemption, I knew he would do it but I though it would be a last minute bash roccos head in with the axe. Kickass finally killed a guy but I felt pointless as he was already down, I thought that kickass' first kill shYeah ould mean something.

Yeah the Hit-Cave was just so awesome, and I thought It was funny that Dave didn't get it. My only problem with it, is continuity wise in Kick-Ass Big-Daddy and Hit-Girl live off some comic book money and move from place to place, but then later in the Hit-Girl series it shows that they have a giant headquarters, now in Kick-Ass 3 they have a Hit-Cave with underground passage around New York.

Same, I was just thinking that it should end like the second movie with her running away and then a look into the future were either she is still Hit-Girl or she finally decided to live a normal life. The latter is pretty out of character, but it would be somewhat nice to see her be okay.

I agreed, it should have been a last resort and a big change for him, but no, he just bashes a guys head in while he is on the ground. Comic Chris became good after seeing how much destruction he caused, which made everyone hate him. He was always a "bad" guy, an after seeing his dad mutilated he went crazy. So after he suited up and all those other "super villains" loved him, it all went to his head making him even crazier, causing him to do some crazy things. After being hospitalized Chris really had to sit down and think about all the things he did and all the lives he ruined, including his mom's. He felt that saving Mindy would be his big redemption like how in a comic or cartoon how Bad guy say sorry and may or may not team up with the hero to fight a bigger threat. But that's not how real life works and even though he gave his life for Mindy she straight out tells him that she doesn't forgive him.

That is true about the continuity, I hadn't thought about that before. Only think that I could see is maybe they wanted to keep moving around even if they had one base headquarters.

It would kind of being like the epilogue to Harry Potter that no one liked if they show her living a normal live. In some ways, it would be nice seeing that things are good for her, but in another way, we always want our heroes to stay heroes.

I like that perspective about Chris's redemption. If they make a Kick-Ass 3 movie, I wonder how that scene would be played. About Mindy not forgiving Chris, that reminds me of one of my favorite moments in all the Kick Ass comic books. It was in Kick Ass 3 Issue 7 when Dave and Mindy hug. Mindy always tries to portray being such a tough person, but it is awesome getting to see that she really has feelings, if that makes any sense.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

That is true about the continuity, I hadn't thought about that before. Only think that I could see is maybe they wanted to keep moving around even if they had one base headquarters.

It would kind of being like the epilogue to Harry Potter that no one liked if they show her living a normal live. In some ways, it would be nice seeing that things are good for her, but in another way, we always want our heroes to stay heroes.

I like that perspective about Chris's redemption. If they make a Kick-Ass 3 movie, I wonder how that scene would be played. About Mindy not forgiving Chris, that reminds me of one of my favorite moments in all the Kick Ass comic books. It was in Kick Ass 3 Issue 7 when Dave and Mindy hug. Mindy always tries to portray being such a tough person, but it is awesome getting to see that she really has feelings, if that makes any sense.

It was a continuity error, but I could care less. Come to think of it they have a bunch of safehouses, a headquarters, and a Hit-Cave, so the comic suitcase really makes no sense, but whatever it doesn't ruin anything for me.

The thing is I actually liked the ending to Harry Potter, he served his life goal, to beat Voldemort. He "brought balance to the force magic" so to speak. Mindy's life goal is to take down the mob, and if she succeeds (in Kick-Ass 3 issue 8) at killing all these guys in the giant supermob mansion then her life will become complete. She served her purpose, ever since she was a baby Damian's plan was to target the mob either for fun or revenge and after Mindy serves that out, she is fine to live a normal life. I would like for her to appear in more issues, keep on being badass, and get more feats, but I would love her to be truly happy and settle down, as out of character as that may seem.

For the movie version of KA3 they should retcon Chris being eaten by the shark. If the second movie can ignore Chris in the orange costume at the end of the first then the third movie can ignore the awful decision to cripple Chris. That scene of them hugging in KA3 7 is reminiscent of way back in KA 8 when after killing Johnny G and his guys she asks Dave for a hug cause her daddy just died.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

It was a continuity error, but I could care less. Come to think of it they have a bunch of safehouses, a headquarters, and a Hit-Cave, so the comic suitcase really makes no sense, but whatever it doesn't ruin anything for me.

The thing is I actually liked the ending to Harry Potter, he served his life goal, to beat Voldemort. He "brought balance to the force magic" so to speak. Mindy's life goal is to take down the mob, and if she succeeds (in Kick-Ass 3 issue 8) at killing all these guys in the giant supermob mansion then her life will become complete. She served her purpose, ever since she was a baby Damian's plan was to target the mob either for fun or revenge and after Mindy serves that out, she is fine to live a normal life. I would like for her to appear in more issues, keep on being badass, and get more feats, but I would love her to be truly happy and settle down, as out of character as that may seem.

For the movie version of KA3 they should retcon Chris being eaten by the shark. If the second movie can ignore Chris in the orange costume at the end of the first then the third movie can ignore the awful decision to cripple Chris. That scene of them hugging in KA3 7 is reminiscent of way back in KA 8 when after killing Johnny G and his guys she asks Dave for a hug cause her daddy just died.

Continuity errors generally don't bother me too much, if they result in something awesome like the Hit-Cave. It was probably a really awesome idea that Millar had, they he didn't have when writing Kick-Ass 1.

In the case of both Harry Potter and Mindy, even once they defeat the evil they have been destined to defeat, there will always be more evil to fight. Just because Harry killed Voldermort, doesn't mean that more Death Eaters won't pop up from time to time. Same thing with mobsters. Mindy can kill all the East Coast ones in the next issue, but there will always be some criminal for her to kill.

I think they should retcon Chris being crippled too. I love the moments where we get to see that Mindy is really vulnerable with her feelings.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Continuity errors generally don't bother me too much, if they result in something awesome like the Hit-Cave. It was probably a really awesome idea that Millar had, they he didn't have when writing Kick-Ass 1.

In the case of both Harry Potter and Mindy, even once they defeat the evil they have been destined to defeat, there will always be more evil to fight. Just because Harry killed Voldermort, doesn't mean that more Death Eaters won't pop up from time to time. Same thing with mobsters. Mindy can kill all the East Coast ones in the next issue, but there will always be some criminal for her to kill.

I think they should retcon Chris being crippled too. I love the moments where we get to see that Mindy is really vulnerable with her feelings.

Yeah, regardless of being impractical, it rocked so hard.

Very true, but after the Mob is gone and everything has gone down. Dave may still be Kick-Ass, think about it. Dave had a boring life so he became a superhero, Mindy had a kidnapping and a brainwash for a childhood. As much as it seems Mindy hates normal life in the Hit-Girl miniseries, I bet once she ages, remember she is only 13 atm, she could grow into it. Reverse that for Dave, Dave could finally become the real hero and now that he kills he could take Mindy's place.

Chris in the movies got so messed up. He was great in the first, but the second "ehh". They should have kept the orange suit, it was way cooler, but I can see why they changed it to look more "evil". Come to think of it movie Chris really isn't that evil. The only bad things he has done is reluctantly shoot Hit-Girl out a window and attempt to rape Nightb!tch (can't remember her name.) Don't get me wrong those are evil, but he never shot up citizens, or killed the store clerk (he literally just shot up some pop cans), or blew anything up (though his plan too was made a joke). And they cut out his "Batman Begins" training, which really sucks, cause that was hilarious.

I love that about Mindy too. My favorite parts which Mindy shows emotion are in Hit-Girl when she's at her dads grave talking about how can she be so badass, but he affected by these b!tches. Or in Kick-Ass when she asks for a hug, or in Kick-Ass 3 were she and Dave hug before departing. Those are good, but my absolute favorite Mindy moments are the house scene when she shes ghost dad, the prison scene with the "Momma Bear, Daddy Bear, and Baby Bear" bullets, and the ending of Kick-Ass 3 7 were she says this:

Just remember this is everything we ever dreamed about Dave. I'm smashing a crime cartel and you're rescuing a teammate. Even if we don't survive this final adventure we are going down as superheros.

Dave "that's reassuring"

Mindy "Silly boy. That means we can't lose."

Also one more thing I'll add is Chris never got a ghost, I now wish he did. Think about it Dave saw his mom while he was in the hospital back in the original KA, Mindy saw Big Daddy at the end of Hit-girl, Chris should have seen his dad Johnny G during his death scene.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, regardless of being impractical, it rocked so hard.

Very true, but after the Mob is gone and everything has gone down. Dave may still be Kick-Ass, think about it. Dave had a boring life so he became a superhero, Mindy had a kidnapping and a brainwash for a childhood. As much as it seems Mindy hates normal life in the Hit-Girl miniseries, I bet once she ages, remember she is only 13 atm, she could grow into it. Reverse that for Dave, Dave could finally become the real hero and now that he kills he could take Mindy's place.

Chris in the movies got so messed up. He was great in the first, but the second "ehh". They should have kept the orange suit, it was way cooler, but I can see why they changed it to look more "evil". Come to think of it movie Chris really isn't that evil. The only bad things he has done is reluctantly shoot Hit-Girl out a window and attempt to rape Nightb!tch (can't remember her name.) Don't get me wrong those are evil, but he never shot up citizens, or killed the store clerk (he literally just shot up some pop cans), or blew anything up (though his plan too was made a joke). And they cut out his "Batman Begins" training, which really sucks, cause that was hilarious.

I love that about Mindy too. My favorite parts which Mindy shows emotion are in Hit-Girl when she's at her dads grave talking about how can she be so badass, but he affected by these b!tches. Or in Kick-Ass when she asks for a hug, or in Kick-Ass 3 were she and Dave hug before departing. Those are good, but my absolute favorite Mindy moments are the house scene when she shes ghost dad, the prison scene with the "Momma Bear, Daddy Bear, and Baby Bear" bullets, and the ending of Kick-Ass 3 7 were she says this:

Just remember this is everything we ever dreamed about Dave. I'm smashing a crime cartel and you're rescuing a teammate. Even if we don't survive this final adventure we are going down as superheros.

Dave "that's reassuring"

Mindy "Silly boy. That means we can't lose."

Also one more thing I'll add is Chris never got a ghost, I now wish he did. Think about it Dave saw his mom while he was in the hospital back in the original KA, Mindy saw Big Daddy at the end of Hit-girl, Chris should have seen his dad Johnny G during his death scene.

Sorry for taking a while to respond. Have been busy and tired lately.

Sadly, it looks like issue 8 has been delayed till 7/2/14. I thought the book was done awhile ago so I don't know what could be causing all these delays, but hopefully it is the last one, I'm really eager to see how it all ends.

That would be an interesting ending, having Dave take Mindy's place, but I'm not sure if that is what Millar has in mind. I'm really interested in seeing what happens to Mindy's character as she ages, and I really hope that Millar will decide to write more Mindy stories soon.

The orange suit for movie Chris probably would have fit the aesthetic of the movie better. I think they were trying to make a joke with the suit being made out of bondage gear. I think what makes movie Chris evil is him killing Dave;s Dad. Other than that, I felt like they really toned down his character from the comic book. The Batman Begins training was very funny, and would have been cool to see done in the movie.

I love those Mindy scenes too. On the Kick-Ass 2 blu-ray, there is the storyboard scene for Mindy seeing her ghost dad, and it would have been so awesome if that scene got included in the actual movie. I wonder if they even tried to get Nicolas Cage back, or did they decide not to bother. It would have made sense if Chris had a ghost as well, maybe have him see his father's ghost, and that is one of the things that leads him on his path of vengeance.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for taking a while to respond. Have been busy and tired lately.

Sadly, it looks like issue 8 has been delayed till 7/2/14. I thought the book was done awhile ago so I don't know what could be causing all these delays, but hopefully it is the last one, I'm really eager to see how it all ends.

That would be an interesting ending, having Dave take Mindy's place, but I'm not sure if that is what Millar has in mind. I'm really interested in seeing what happens to Mindy's character as she ages, and I really hope that Millar will decide to write more Mindy stories soon.

The orange suit for movie Chris probably would have fit the aesthetic of the movie better. I think they were trying to make a joke with the suit being made out of bondage gear. I think what makes movie Chris evil is him killing Dave;s Dad. Other than that, I felt like they really toned down his character from the comic book. The Batman Begins training was very funny, and would have been cool to see done in the movie.

I love those Mindy scenes too. On the Kick-Ass 2 blu-ray, there is the storyboard scene for Mindy seeing her ghost dad, and it would have been so awesome if that scene got included in the actual movie. I wonder if they even tried to get Nicolas Cage back, or did they decide not to bother. It would have made sense if Chris had a ghost as well, maybe have him see his father's ghost, and that is one of the things that leads him on his path of vengeance.

Oh its fine. I was gonna ask why you are only on once a week though.

What! another delay? I was just about dieing in the week I thought I had to wait, but another whole month? Damn.

Yeah, now that I think about it, this is supposed to be the end of Dave's story, so thats kinda out of the question. I kinda have this weird feeling that Todd may do something. If this is the end of Kick-Ass, maybe Dave dies or quits being a hero, but Todd has got nothing other to do, and he is been the only one taking it seriously for quite some time. Maybe he will become a real hero? As for Mindy, I hope she lives a normal life eventually, but for now like you said, I would love more adventures from Hit-Girl.

The orange suit was so much cooler though, especially the Mask and Katana. Yeah, the suits origin was pretty weird but funny. Chris didn't really kill his dad, Mother Russia's idea. Movie Chris was kinda pathetic, he didn't shoot a cashier, he didn't go train any, he never shot anyone during the neighbor hood invasion. Only evil things was shooting Hit-Girl, which he obviously didn't want to, and failing to rape Miranda, which is bad, but nowhere near comic Chris. Then after trying to die like "an evil Jesus" he apologizes for everything, then gets eaten, it was handled badly, should have been like the comic where he gradually becomes a better person in the hospital, especially after having his mom try to murder him.

I know I saw that scene on youtube just yesterday, and I almost cried.......yeah seriously that would have made me cry in the theatre. Nicolas Cage actually did a set visit and met everyone again, very stupid to cut out that scene. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by Chris not having a ghost. I wonder if it would have been a good or bad memory, considering Chris loved his dad, but he says his dad thinks he is a pussy in the first series.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh its fine. I was gonna ask why you are only on once a week though.

What! another delay? I was just about dieing in the week I thought I had to wait, but another whole month? Damn.

Yeah, now that I think about it, this is supposed to be the end of Dave's story, so thats kinda out of the question. I kinda have this weird feeling that Todd may do something. If this is the end of Kick-Ass, maybe Dave dies or quits being a hero, but Todd has got nothing other to do, and he is been the only one taking it seriously for quite some time. Maybe he will become a real hero? As for Mindy, I hope she lives a normal life eventually, but for now like you said, I would love more adventures from Hit-Girl.

The orange suit was so much cooler though, especially the Mask and Katana. Yeah, the suits origin was pretty weird but funny. Chris didn't really kill his dad, Mother Russia's idea. Movie Chris was kinda pathetic, he didn't shoot a cashier, he didn't go train any, he never shot anyone during the neighbor hood invasion. Only evil things was shooting Hit-Girl, which he obviously didn't want to, and failing to rape Miranda, which is bad, but nowhere near comic Chris. Then after trying to die like "an evil Jesus" he apologizes for everything, then gets eaten, it was handled badly, should have been like the comic where he gradually becomes a better person in the hospital, especially after having his mom try to murder him.

I know I saw that scene on youtube just yesterday, and I almost cried.......yeah seriously that would have made me cry in the theatre. Nicolas Cage actually did a set visit and met everyone again, very stupid to cut out that scene. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by Chris not having a ghost. I wonder if it would have been a good or bad memory, considering Chris loved his dad, but he says his dad thinks he is a pussy in the first series.

I should be on to post more often from now on out.

Even Marvel's website shows the release as being 7/2/14. I am really getting tired of all this waiting, but very excited to finally read the book.

I hadn't really thought abut Todd being that important of a character, but it would be kind of surprising if he turned out to be super important in the last issue. Chris could have been a lot more intimidating in that original Orange suit with the Katana. He felt very much like a Draco Malfoy type character in the 2nd movie. In other words, a rich "evil" kid who was really just a spoiled wimp. With the changes they made for the 2nd movie, it will be really hard for a Kick Ass 3 movie to follow the comic too closely.

I do wonder how Chris' Dad would have acted in ghost form. Maybe his Dad would belittle him, and that would further his anger. If Nicolas Cage was willing to do that scene, it would have been so awesome, and would have really added a lot of heart to the final act of the movie. It would have also been the pivotal moment in Mindy's arc in that movie.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should be on to post more often from now on out.

Even Marvel's website shows the release as being 7/2/14. I am really getting tired of all this waiting, but very excited to finally read the book.

I hadn't really thought abut Todd being that important of a character, but it would be kind of surprising if he turned out to be super important in the last issue. Chris could have been a lot more intimidating in that original Orange suit with the Katana. He felt very much like a Draco Malfoy type character in the 2nd movie. In other words, a rich "evil" kid who was really just a spoiled wimp. With the changes they made for the 2nd movie, it will be really hard for a Kick Ass 3 movie to follow the comic too closely.

I do wonder how Chris' Dad would have acted in ghost form. Maybe his Dad would belittle him, and that would further his anger. If Nicolas Cage was willing to do that scene, it would have been so awesome, and would have really added a lot of heart to the final act of the movie. It would have also been the pivotal moment in Mindy's arc in that movie.

Cool, was it cause of the 5 post limit?

I just checked that sucks, I was so pumped to pick it up this wednesday. I am gonna get it and reread the entire series in one sitting, seems like a cool way to end it all.

Well currently he does have a bullet in his butt, lol Ass-Kicker has a bullet in his ass, so I don't know how much he could really do, considering he is probably gonna be beat up by the time Dave rescues him. Lol, I like how we compare things to Harry Potter and Star Wars for examples, I agree though, even though Comic Chris wasn't a badass or anything, but movie Chris was reduced to complete comic relief. For a third movie it should start with Ralph D'Amico hearing that his older brother Rocco is coming to town. Rocco is actually scared himself, and the night before or maybe after Rocco visits Ralph in prison, Mindy breaks in kills Ralph, thats why Rocco gets a thing against her, and everything works out. Mindy doesn't necessarily have to get locked in prison herself, but Chris could help her during the boat house raid or something. The Kick-Ass, Todd, and Marty story could pretty much stay the same, except I would like Dave back with Katie in the movie rather than Valerie.

Yeah the Chris ghost is really up in the air, considering they both loved each other, but were also seemingly at odds some of the time. Agreed the Cage scene would have been amazing, and yeah like you said it would have finished up her arc better.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, was it cause of the 5 post limit?

I just checked that sucks, I was so pumped to pick it up this wednesday. I am gonna get it and reread the entire series in one sitting, seems like a cool way to end it all.

Well currently he does have a bullet in his butt, lol Ass-Kicker has a bullet in his ass, so I don't know how much he could really do, considering he is probably gonna be beat up by the time Dave rescues him. Lol, I like how we compare things to Harry Potter and Star Wars for examples, I agree though, even though Comic Chris wasn't a badass or anything, but movie Chris was reduced to complete comic relief. For a third movie it should start with Ralph D'Amico hearing that his older brother Rocco is coming to town. Rocco is actually scared himself, and the night before or maybe after Rocco visits Ralph in prison, Mindy breaks in kills Ralph, thats why Rocco gets a thing against her, and everything works out. Mindy doesn't necessarily have to get locked in prison herself, but Chris could help her during the boat house raid or something. The Kick-Ass, Todd, and Marty story could pretty much stay the same, except I would like Dave back with Katie in the movie rather than Valerie.

Yeah the Chris ghost is really up in the air, considering they both loved each other, but were also seemingly at odds some of the time. Agreed the Cage scene would have been amazing, and yeah like you said it would have finished up her arc better.

The 5 post limit had been discouraging me from posting more, but I had also been busy and tired from work.

I reread Kick Ass 1 back in April in anticipation of issue 8 being released at end of month. When I found out it was delayed, I decided to wait to reread Hit-Girl, 2, and issues 1-7 of 3, but I will be doing that later this month. After they are all out, I will try to read them all in one day.

I don't see Ass-Kicker becoming the hero, but it is always a possibility. Harry Potter and Star Wars are usually good to compare things too when it comes to archetypes and tropes. Movie Chris was played for laughs instead of being played as a threat. That would be an awesome way to begin Kick Ass 3 movie, it would finally give us that awesome scene from the Hit-Girl comic, and set things in motion for rest of movie. I wonder if Mindy will end up in prison in a 3rd movie. Kick Ass 3 has been very character driven so far, and they may want to make the movie more action driven. They might as well put Dave back with Katie in the movie instead of introducing Valerie. Katie was very different in the movie then in the books.

Here's hoping Cage will come back as Big Daddy's Ghost in the 3rd one.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan: The dynamic with Ass-Kicker would be interesting, considering that in the movie-verse he's partially responsible for Dave's dad getting murdered. I actually thought it was necessary to leave out the bits from the comic where Chris guns down a bunch of preschoolers and rapes Dave's love interest. I don't know, I'm from the school of thought who thinks that kind of stuff is just forced edginess. He still had the Colonel and Dave's dad brutally murdered, even if he didn't do it himself and decided to spare the dog this time around. Isn't the whole point of his character supposed to be that he's not a real supervillain, just a rich kid with anger issues? If Dave and Katie do get back together, they'll probably be on the rocks again when Mindy comes back, considering the film version clearly sees Dave as more than just a big brother. I mean, you don't stare at a guy's abs and then kiss him on the mouth if you're just friends.

If they do have the training flashbacks in the third movie, hopefully they manage to do it in a way that doesn't involve casting a girl who looks nothing like Chloe Moretz to play a young Mindy, or trying to shrink Chloe down with CGI.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark:

The Ass-Kicker dynamic in the movie is very different from the books, and if he has a major part in the third movie, there will be a lot of tension between him and Dave. I can see where you thought that stuff was forced edginess, but it might have made the audience "hate" Chris more and take him more seriously. However, like you said, even in the comics he is just a rich kid with anger issues. That is a good point about Katie coming back. It might end up being kind of pointless since the end of the second movie hints towards a relationship between Dave and Mindy in the 3rd movie. That also makes me think that the Dave of the movieverse is in someways more of a hero than the Dave of the comics, just look at the bazooka scene in the first movie.

I am concerned about how they will do the Hit-Girl training scenes in the third movie, if they include them. I really don't see anyway that they could be done well. They are awesome scenes in the comics, but not necessarily something that will translate well to film, since you can't make Chloe way younger looking in a believable way to film those scenes.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan: If Dave throws Todd out of JF along with the Juicer, it'll make it way more understandable why some of the heroes lose respect for Dave, as I just found it very hard to believe that a jerk like Juicer could have any friends on the team considering all he did was laze around and try to undermine Dave. And then there was the part before he died where he thought a citizen was asking him for help and he was just like, "Wait until I finish my sandwich." One thing to take into account is that the movie-verse Chris is a lot more compassionate than the one in the comics. Instead of treating the whole Red Mist thing like the scam it was, he genuinely tried to be friends with Dave and tried to talk his dad into letting him go once it was revealed Damon and Mindy were the real threat. Plus in the second film despite claiming to be evil he decided to spare a trapped animal that posed no immediate threat to him and couldn't get it up when he tried to force himself on a defenseless woman. Since Chloe's likely going to be a legal adult by the time (if they ever) start shooting the third film, I wonder if they'll just alter the plot to have her fill Valerie's role entirely. Probably leave out the scene with her in a thong sucking Dave's stick, though. I always thought fellatio was weird.

Maybe they could at least cover the story of Mindy's first kill with another animated comic. Damon's ghost could still show up in a different scene and it'd be a nice throwback to the first film.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_dark: I really don't get why people cared that much about Dave throwing the Juicer out of Justice Forever. The Juicer had zero honorable or positive qualities that he brought to the team. That is true about movieverse Chris being more compassionate. Movie Chris was more of somebody who went crazy after his father's death. Comic Chris was already much crazier and more ruthless, so the death of his father pushed him even further.

About Chloe taking Valerie's place in KA3 movie; Chloe's Mindy can easily be a romantic interest for Dave, but it wouldn't work the same as it did with Valerie. The point of Valerie in the plot is to keep Dave away from being a hero, and also she will probably screw something up in the final issue. Of course, the Valerie thing was largely done with Katie in the first movie, so there may be no need for the movieverse to rethread that ground.

I don't know why I didn't think about using an animated comic to show Mindy's training and first kill, that is a great idea. The animated comic is one of the best parts of the first movie.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad news, the release date of Kick Ass 3 #8 has been delayed once again. The current release date is 7/23/14.

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MegaHGFan
I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megahgfan: Some people really need to get a job and stop killing the economy.