#1 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

If all good things come to an end, what must happen to great things? So many unanswered questions, so many stories that could be unraveled, but the numbers have spoken. It doesn't sell. D..n you, Kaine. Just don't become a villain, man.

#2 Posted by darthfury78 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame that one the writer's inability to draw in enough readers to support the series. Success or failure of a titled series rests with the writer.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

Blame that one the writer's inability to draw in enough readers to support the series. Success or failure of a titled series rests with the writer.

Your ignorance is offensive.

#4 Posted by waezi2 (6853 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Um, his ignorance being offensive? Where it came from was kind of in the statement.

#6 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

to be fair darthfury is that dude who wanted kaine and moondragon to become sidekicks and lovers.......

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

to be fair darthfury is that dude who wanted kaine and moondragon to become sidekicks and lovers.......

I thought he just stuck to the Spider-Man board with that stuff with him pushing Black Widow and Psylocke to become crime fighting partners and going on dates with each other because apparently you have to go on dates with superheroines to be friends? But they can't be lovers.

#8 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

from the other thread he offered these pearls of wisdom to marvel's marketing department!

The reason why both Venom and Scarlett Spider got cancelled could be attributed to the fact that none of the writers seem interested in bringing in a larger reading audience. For example, Scarlett Spider could have brought in a few characters from the X-Men, Avengers, and Spider-Man's rogue galleries and allies. Imagine if Kain was working alongside Mystique and the Taskmaster, as well as Moondragon? As for Venom, imagine if the symbiote was able to regrow Flash's legs, as well as working alongside Dr. Don Blake, Robin Vega, and Longshot? I think that the writers for these titles do not know how to promote their books in the same manner as Dan Slott. The key to a successful series in not just about writing a good story dialog; it's about the ability to attract a wide audience from the most popular comic titles and bringing some of those related characters unto their title series. I am sure that if the writer for Venom had brought in the Black Cat and Menace, it might have increased sales; especially if the Toxin symbiote was on Julia Carpenter instead of Eddie Brock.

#9 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: wrong 100% this book was loved by so many for keeping kaine FAR removed from the marvel U , look at the supporting characters Yost has crafted for this story, this book having Wolverine didnt boost sales nor did having The Superior one stop on .Marvel should have more faith in its titles not named avenger or x-men

#10 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I think he might become the next Venom,the Superior Venom but I don't want that to happen.

#12 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I just ask, is there a good jumping on point after #5, and is it alright for someone who doesn't really read Spider-Man comics?

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (38901 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: You could start from issue 17, and it's the series is okay for anyone who hasn't read much Spider-Man.

#15 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Could you recommend anything between #5 and #10. It's just that I noticed a couple of days ago that the Spider-Man reprint series in the U.K. has been printing it, and the current issue includes #5. It's also just started printing the last Amazing Spider-Man arc, so I was thinking of buying it for that, so was just curious as to whether it would be worth continuing to buy for Scarlet Spider issues.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (38901 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: whoops blind rage and all =p terribly sorry

#18 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Strider92 (16152 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: While you could jump on at around 7 I would recommend starting at issue 1 if at all possible as it gives a good condensesed summary of Kaine's background and introduces a few key characters.

#20 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: That makes sense I suppose. If I start reading now and like it enough, I'll see about getting the earlier few issues. The U.K. reprints can be weirdly difficult to get back issues of sometimes though, so I may have to consider just getting the first TPB.

#21 Edited by Strider92 (16152 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Lemme guess Astonishing Spider-man printed by Panini? Yeah its a pain in the ass to get any kind of back issue. I just by them of eBay now.

#22 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I learned that darthfury is an oddball

@v_scarlotte_rose: Lemme guess Astonishing Spider-man printed by Panini? Yeah its a pain in the ass to get any kind of back issue. I just by them of eBay now.

They still sell those comics?

#23 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Yeah, Panini print quite a few Marvel series at the moment.

@strider92: Yeah, that's it. If I'd been keeping an eye on what issues they were printing, I may have started sooner. I'm curious to see if Scarlet Spider lives up to the hype it gets.

#24 Posted by d_bones (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

so as someone picking up the trades will the third volume be the last one?