• 60 results
#51 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12583 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: I agree as well. I prefer Hal to Wonder Woman but Wonder Woman compliments the trinity far better than Hal does.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@lvenger said:

He's trying to use Batman as a springboard for making Hal more popular. Nothing new there in Johns' lack of understanding for Batman.

To be honest, I don't think this is it.

I think he's trying to make himself more popular, since the majority of Bat fans have turned on him for his obvious Batman-hatred. By pairing Batman up with his pet character (who has stopped being his pet character in many ways, he's moved onto Aquaman, Cyborg and Sinestro now), he's saying "hey look, Batman fans, I'm cool, I think Batman and Hal would be friends!"

Another pearl of wisdom from you Fade. It's funny how well you know the workings of a writer you despise greatly :P

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@lvenger said:

He's trying to use Batman as a springboard for making Hal more popular. Nothing new there in Johns' lack of understanding for Batman.

To be honest, I don't think this is it.

I think he's trying to make himself more popular, since the majority of Bat fans have turned on him for his obvious Batman-hatred. By pairing Batman up with his pet character (who has stopped being his pet character in many ways, he's moved onto Aquaman, Cyborg and Sinestro now), he's saying "hey look, Batman fans, I'm cool, I think Batman and Hal would be friends!"

i wouldn't be surprised if this is it. then again, how do we even know they'll be on the same team.

Johns has confirmed that Hal will be back in Justice League soon enough during Forever Evil. But apparently OA and the GLC won't care about Forever Evil. Of course I could be wrong and some GLs might show up.

yes. but he also said people would be switching sides after the war, so its possible Bats might join the JLA or something

#52 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

this dynamic just leaves me liking Batman more and getting irritated at Green Lantern if I'm being honest.

#53 Edited by Lvenger (18440 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Batman's on the cover to Forever Evil 1 though that could be Owlman posing as him.

#54 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8421 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Sorry for my bad grammar,but English isn't my first language and because of this you're having some difficulty to understand.

you are aware that the two characters have existed for over half a decade?

This is why I was an ass in the previous post,looks like I'm a child or something.

#55 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I think the villains on Forever Evil issue 1 may be fighting the secret society...

#56 Edited by Lvenger (18440 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: You mean all of these characters?

It's been implied Luthor will be against the Secret Society as will the Rogues. I can see why Catwoman would oppose it and Manta's a confirmed opponent of it. Though I don't know why Black Hand and Sinestro are in on this. Johns has been building up Adam for a while so I guess why he's opposing the Society.

#57 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Exactly! Adam and Sinestro are bad guys for "good" reasons, so maybe that's why they have a problem with the society?

#58 Posted by Lvenger (18440 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: Johns has also said that Sinestro and Black Adam become buddies in this event, maybe for the reasons you suggested?

#59 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns sucks we all know

#60 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he wants to show all of the Batman fans out there that he doesn't hate the character but we all know he does.

#61 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: We will have to wait and see :)