• 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA by Geoff Johns and David Finch in 2013

Vote for who do you think Stargirl should date?

1. Green Arrow [yay]

2. Hawkman [yay]

3. Baz the new green lantern [don't like him :( I want Hal Jordan ]

4. Vibe [yay]

5. Steve Trevor [could be interesting]

#2 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh what she can't date MM because he is green.....racist.

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless things have changed considerably, she's still, you know, 17.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Where's MM? And Stargirl looks a little young to date these guys. Most of them seem older than her.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going for Catwoman solely for entertainment value.

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Have you seen MM? Would you date something as ugly as that? LOL

@AtPhantom: Maybe she is 18 now

@Lvenger: late teens or early 20s is too young?

Isn't Ollie like early twenties? The only one seemed much older is MM. He is like hundred over years old I think.

Besides...

#7 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Vibe, assuming he's no longer a douchebag, would be the least creepy if she had to date someone.

#8 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, none of the choice's strike my fancy. If she's dating inside the superhero community maybe Tim Drake?

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

A teen hero like Red Robin or Blue Beetle!

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that David Finch is illustrating a team book. Johns writing another one on the other hand... not so much. Give someone else a shot and stop hogging all the titles for yourself.

Moderator
#11 Posted by TheCannon (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman! :P

#12 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I wouldn't put her with Hawkman or Trevor. They look very late 20s, maybe even early 30s. But in that case, Arrow or Vibe would be the best love interests. And I've seen that video before. Ew is all I have to say.

#13 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I believe Hawkman is around mid twenties as well, he is just drawn very buff. Steve Trevor sounds like late twenties or early thirties though. But I don't think it matters. My cousin is 9 years younger than her husband.

Also yes, 15 year old victoria... lol, the world is going to end.

My choice would be Green Arrow.

#14 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Johns will get his way, and have her dating Vibe soon enough.

I'm just glad to see Stargirl.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: What makes you think he likes vibe?

Me too I'm so glad to see Stargirl.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Well there was some concern in JSA when Captain Marvel was dating Stargirl. As Billy Batson it was fine but the issue of Captain Marvel being with Stargirl was highlighted in JSA. I know Johns has had a few stints on that so it could have been him that did it but I can't remember.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Why else would such a relatively unknown character be on a big-named team?

It's the same with Cyborg. If Johns didn't like these characters, they wouldn't have huge roles in the new U.

And like Hal Jordan. If Johns didn't like him, then we'd be seeing a lot more John Stewart. Johns, with all his like of these characters has made them take center stage of the DCU, though I don't know how big a role Vibe will play.

#18 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Love that David Finch is illustrating a team book. Johns writing another one on the other hand... not so much. Give someone else a shot and stop hogging all the titles for yourself.

Couldn't agree more. I'll definitely still pick this up, and I'm really hoping it'll be good, but they really couldn't pick any other writer? I like most of John's work (emphasis on most. He's plenty of things that I don't like as well) but it just seems like he's everywhere... and I REALLY don't want him leaving Aquaman to write another team book, considering his current team book is the weakest thing he's writing at the moment, and Aquaman is arguably the strongest

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Love that David Finch is illustrating a team book. Johns writing another one on the other hand... not so much. Give someone else a shot and stop hogging all the titles for yourself.

Couldn't agree more. I'll definitely still pick this up, and I'm really hoping it'll be good, but they really couldn't pick any other writer? I like most of John's work (emphasis on most. He's plenty of things that I don't like as well) but it just seems like he's everywhere... and I REALLY don't want him leaving Aquaman to write another team book, considering his current team book is the weakest thing he's writing at the moment, and Aquaman is arguably the strongest

Exactly. Why give the title to the man who's worst work yet in the New 52 is on a team book? If he's leaving Aquaman to write another garbage team title, I'm going to flip. He's a far better solo writer as evident with Aquaman and Green Lantern. I'm positive there are other capable writers who are willing to give a team book a go in the New 52.

Moderator
#20 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Why does Stargirl need to date anyone? How old is she going to be even?

Edit: It just seems odd to single her out. Why not "who should hawkman date" or something?

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Well there was some concern in JSA when Captain Marvel was dating Stargirl. As Billy Batson it was fine but the issue of Captain Marvel being with Stargirl was highlighted in JSA. I know Johns has had a few stints on that so it could have been him that did it but I can't remember.

I don't know. I find it al right though.

@Twentyfive said:

@sethysquare: Why else would such a relatively unknown character be on a big-named team?

It's the same with Cyborg. If Johns didn't like these characters, they wouldn't have huge roles in the new U.

And like Hal Jordan. If Johns didn't like him, then we'd be seeing a lot more John Stewart. Johns, with all his like of these characters has made them take center stage of the DCU, though I don't know how big a role Vibe will play.

Do you think that it could've been because Cyborg is perhaps the most prominent minority and with a very unique skill set?

Also, I highly doubt that he gets to make every single decision. Even Geoff Johns can get editorial mandate.

100% disagree with you on Hal. You do know that Kyle Rayner has been the most prominent Green Lantern before Hal came back right?

The Green Lantern main book was about Kyle Rayner not Hal Jordan. I believe the fact that Hal Jordan is back is because Kyle Rayner and John Steward are not as popular and iconic as Hal. I don't think Geoff particularly likes Vibe, Vibe just seems like a good minority candidate to revamp.

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Well, cos Stargirl is one of my favourite character and I'm thrilled that she is back and not in comicbook limbo (surprisingly no one made a big fuss that Courtney is missing but everyone cried for that lame stephanie brown).

And I think giving her a high profile relationship on the team would make elevate both her and the other guy's status.

I mean Green Arrow and Black Canary had a really high profile relationship and wedding, I hope the same could be done for Stargirl (and green arrow)

#23 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I'm glad they decided to diversify their All-Star lineup, and even gladder that he is one of their "Big 7" I would definitely not have chosen anyone else.

Yep you are right about editorial mandates, and no I never knew Rayner was the GL before Hal magically came back.

I don't feel like DC is doing enough with John. I believe they use him as just to appease those like myself looking for minority characters. They need to do something with him. Give him a power boost, an origin story, a girlfriend. Something. He's kind of like a background character.

And what minority quota would they be filling with Vibe?

#24 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@fodigg: Well, cos Stargirl is one of my favourite character and I'm thrilled that she is back and not in comicbook limbo (surprisingly no one made a big fuss that Courtney is missing but everyone cried for that lame stephanie brown).

And I think giving her a high profile relationship on the team would make elevate both her and the other guy's status.

I mean Green Arrow and Black Canary had a really high profile relationship and wedding, I hope the same could be done for Stargirl (and green arrow)

I didn't complain about any of the JSA cuts because I assumed they'd be in Earth 2.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@sethysquare: I'm glad they decided to diversify their All-Star lineup, and even gladder that he is one of their "Big 7" I would definitely not have chosen anyone else.

Yep you are right about editorial mandates, and no I never knew Rayner was the GL before Hal magically came back.

I don't feel like DC is doing enough with John. I believe they use him as just to appease those like myself looking for minority characters. They need to do something with him. Give him a power boost, an origin story, a girlfriend. Something. He's kind of like a background character.

And what minority quota would they be filling with Vibe?

I do applaud DC's attempt to be more racially diverse. So I'm excited about Cyborg, Katana and several minorities getting featured.

But I don't care for John, mostly because I'm a huge GL fan and he has not had much stories and character development. He is a very stern and boring person. Very serious and sadly, there weren't much good stories or character development about him. I don't like him as a character, unlike Cyborg whom I'm a big fan of.

Uhm.... I don't think there is a minority quota. Even so, Vibe is hispanic, they're considered minorities also, so not sure what you are trying to say with that comment on Vibe though.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@sethysquare said:

@fodigg: Well, cos Stargirl is one of my favourite character and I'm thrilled that she is back and not in comicbook limbo (surprisingly no one made a big fuss that Courtney is missing but everyone cried for that lame stephanie brown).

And I think giving her a high profile relationship on the team would make elevate both her and the other guy's status.

I mean Green Arrow and Black Canary had a really high profile relationship and wedding, I hope the same could be done for Stargirl (and green arrow)

I didn't complain about any of the JSA cuts because I assumed they'd be in Earth 2.

Legacy characters like Jade, Enchantress, Stargirl, Wildcat #2 are all considered to be in the Limbo since there is no way a 20+ year old man can have a child that is of the same age.

#27 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I mistyped. I hate using the word "quota". It is the same thing as "Tokenism". Shame I can't take that back lol. He's Hispanic? That's cool. He and Jaime Reyes now!

#28 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@fodigg said:

@sethysquare said:

@fodigg: Well, cos Stargirl is one of my favourite character and I'm thrilled that she is back and not in comicbook limbo (surprisingly no one made a big fuss that Courtney is missing but everyone cried for that lame stephanie brown).

And I think giving her a high profile relationship on the team would make elevate both her and the other guy's status.

I mean Green Arrow and Black Canary had a really high profile relationship and wedding, I hope the same could be done for Stargirl (and green arrow)

I didn't complain about any of the JSA cuts because I assumed they'd be in Earth 2.

Legacy characters like Jade, Enchantress, Stargirl, Wildcat #2 are all considered to be in the Limbo since there is no way a 20+ year old man can have a child that is of the same age.

True, but they could be introduced as standalone characters.

#29 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam

#30 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@DarkKnightDetective: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Have you seen MM? Would you date something as ugly as that? LOL

Considering J'onn can look like anyone you want, I doubt that would really be an issue.

The only one seemed much older is MM. He is like hundred over years old I think.

Pre-Flashpoint, he was over 225 million years old.

Moderator
#31 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe or GA.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Ollie is a good pick for her.

#33 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does she have to date anyone....?

#34 Edited by The_Tree (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@sethysquare: Why else would such a relatively unknown character be on a big-named team?

It's the same with Cyborg. If Johns didn't like these characters, they wouldn't have huge roles in the new U.

And like Hal Jordan. If Johns didn't like him, then we'd be seeing a lot more John Stewart. Johns, with all his like of these characters has made them take center stage of the DCU, though I don't know how big a role Vibe will play.

Definitely got that right with Johns playing favorites.

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Yeah. I read somewhere that Johns said he likes that character. But I am not complaining at all. He is adding color to a monochromatic universe.

Cyborg was imo a perfect addition to the main JLU, and I couldn't add a more fitting character.

#36 Posted by The_Tree (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: I'm not complaining at all either. I'm not going to go jumping to conclusions on the quality of JLA, or the inclusion of Vibe or Baz. (Although I will detest having Catwoman on the team.) JLA has the potential to be interesting. While I'm still unable to accept Cyborg as a founder, I do like him on the League.

On topic; Stargirl should either date Vibe, or date no one. And I hope they don't force some sort of team romance.

#37 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

she should date jason todd.

#38 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow as far as I heard he already rock the cradle

#39 Posted by Savage_Hawkman (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#40 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson.

#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has two thumbs and a stupid pair of razor sharp Falcon rip off wings?

This guy!
#42 Posted by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel

#43 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

If she's going to date anyone on this team, Vibe would be the best choice.

#44 Posted by noj (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Stargirl should date Blue Beetle. That would be an interesting match

#45 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001 said:

Hmm, none of the choice's strike my fancy. If she's dating inside the superhero community maybe Tim Drake?

Yes,Now is the chance.Didn't star girl have an unresolved crush on Tim?

#46 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, she's freaking 19 at the oldest, she shouldn't be dating any of them. What is wrong with you?

#47 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@Sovereign91001 said:

Hmm, none of the choice's strike my fancy. If she's dating inside the superhero community maybe Tim Drake?

Yes,Now is the chance.Didn't star girl have an unresolved crush on Tim?

yep

#48 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Courtney + Tim=Happy X-bolt

#49 Posted by Joygirl (18763 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman. ^_^

#50 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Catwoman. ^_^

If she can't have Tim and has to date someone on the team, this is the next best option lol.