Who out of all of the JLA rosters are your all time favorite top 5 and why?
- Batman (Tactician, master of cool, all-around jack-of-all-trades)
- Superman (Friendly and inspiring, powerhouse)
- Aquaman (Rough but likeable)
- Martian Manhunter (Powerhouse and yet very endearing character)
- Zauriel (Fun personality, and has a cool visual design)
- Superman - Inspirational all around nice guy and the powerhouse of the team.
- Batman - Brooding tactician of the League
- Hal Jordan - Cocky, full of himself yet charming rogue
- Wonder Woman - Peaceful diplomat yet fierce warrior too
- Martian Manhunter - Swiss army knife of superhero powers and the heart of the Justice League.
1) Green Lantern (John Stewart)- Years ago, the Guardians of Oa recognized John Stewart’s potential for exceptional courage and heroism. Awarding him a power ring, they trained him to be a member of the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping organization dedicated to protecting life throughout the universe. John proved himself time and again to be an exceptional champion in countless missions that have taken him across the cosmos. Later, following the death of Green Lantern Abin Sur, John Stewart was chosen to become the new Green Lantern of Sector 2814, a quadrant of space that included his former home. He protects Earth with the same dedication that earned him the respect of his fellow Corps members. Today, either by himself or as a member of the Justice League, John Stewart is a force to be reckoned with; an emerald beacon shining in darkest night.
2) Superman (Clark Kent)- Living up to being the legendary Superman would be a burden for most men, but Clark Kent’s shoulders are more than broad enough to carry the load. While his incredible physical strength comes from his home planet of Krypton, his moral strength comes from his simple Kansas upbringing. But he’s no longer the farm boy from Smallville. After seeing more of the universe than any of us can imagine, he maintains a firm sense of right and wrong. He is more complex than his reputation as a big blue Boy Scout. When he talks about Truth, Justice, and Freedom, everyone senses his deep commitment to these ideals. The natural leader of the Justice League, Superman leads by example and steadies this volatile group. With so many super-egos involved, there are often major clashes in style. And when clashes inevitably occur, he is often the peacemaker.
3) Batman (Bruce Wayne)- The life of Bruce Wayne, only child of Thomas and Martha Wayne and heir to their family fortune, changed forever the night he witnessed his parent’s murder on the streets of Gotham City’s notorious Crime Alley. Standing over their fallen bodies, he made a vow to rid his native city of the evil that had taken their lives. Over time he made good on that promise, seeking mentors across the globe to train him in the arts of detection, criminology, martial arts, escape artistry, the sciences, weaponry, and other fields that would enable him to accomplish his goal. Having mastered these skills, he returned to Gotham and adopted the guise of the Batman to strike fear in the hearts of those who would make others suffer as he suffered those many years ago. Not only is Batman the world’s greatest detective, but he also has one of the greatest scientific and analytical minds on Earth. Backed by Bruce Wayne’s vast personal fortune and the scientific resources of Wayne Enterprises, Batman has access to all kinds of weapons and technology, from prototype hyper-drive vehicles to deep-space bat suits. Batman’s grim attitude often rubs his teammates the wrong way, but he earns their respect with his unwavering dedication to justice.
4) Flash (Barry Allen)- The chance victim of a freak electro-chemical accident, Barry Allen awoke to discover that the combination of lightning and chemicals had given him an accelerated molecular composition; one of the benefits being the power of super-speed. Now able to run at speeds approaching the speed of light, Allen donned the scarlet costume of the Flash to protect his hometown of Central City from any rogues who would consider causing it harm. Regarded as a people’s hero for his charity work and non-secretive modus operandi, the Fastest Man Alive never hesitates to help anyone in need, whether alone or with his teammates in the Justice League. Blessed with a quick wit, Barry takes a light-hearted view of saving the universe. He is the comedian of the group, a wisecracking, easy-going hero who relies on his speed and his brains to get him out of trouble. While his teammates may sometimes roll their eyes at his corny one-liners and catch phrases, they have come to value his unique talents and his friendly, easy-going personality. Overall, they are glad to have him as a League member, and take pride in seeing him grow as a hero and an icon.
5) Wonder Woman (Diana of Themyscira)- In want of a child to call her own, Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons sought the guidance of the oracle Menalippe, who instructed her to fashion an infant out of clay. Doing as she was instructed on the beaches of Themyscira, the clay was changed by her patron gods (Demeter, Aphrodite, Athena, Artemis, Hestia, and Hermes) into a human infant. In addition, as the clay turned to flesh and took in its first breath, the gods blessed the child with an array of special abilities. Overjoyed with the boon granted to her by her patrons, Hippolyta named the child Diana and raised her in the ways of the Amazons. As she grew to adulthood, Diana was tutored the arts of rhetoric, combat, religion, philosophy, and in all other forms of knowledge that the Amazons held in high regard; eventually coming to master each field that she studied. Thanks to the efforts of the Themysciran population, who each played a part in the child’s upbringing, Diana grew to become the most powerful and resourceful warrior on all of Themyscira. To spread peace and justice, Diana eventually elected to travel to Patriarch’s World as the costumed hero that would eventually become known as Wonder Woman. One of the most formidable members of the Justice League, Wonder Woman was blessed by the gods with the powers of flight, superior strength, and speed; while her Amazonian heritage provided her with an education in weaponry and a vast array of fighting disciplines. In addition, she possesses her bracelets—enchanted gauntlets that symbolize a time when the Amazons were enslaved by men—which she can use to deflect bullets with her great speed, and an indestructible golden lasso, which was forged by Hephaestus from the golden Girdle of Gaea. Though well-versed in—and seemingly designed for—the art of warfare, Wonder Woman is, in truth, a pacifist who utilizes these gifts as a means to bring humanity a message of peace.
If I grew up with Hal Jordan, I am sure he would be my favorite GL. I loved every appearance he's been in minus that atrocious move he was in, but that's not his fault.
So I'm going to have to go with Supes, Bats, Dubya Dubya, Wally, and John.
I wish they never canceled GL:TAS. Best DC cartoon in a long time.
Who out of all of the JLA rosters are your all time favorite top 5 and why?
I'd go with:
- Batman, because it's just cool to see the badass normal with the superhumans
- Wally West, because he was the first sidekick to fully "graduate" to the big leagues and to many fans become the definitive mantle-bearer
- Booster Gold, because he's Flash Gordon with the old Parker luck, and I like that
- Hawkgirl ('Shayera Hol' version), because the DC Animated Universe really sold me on the character and it's a shame they don't put that version first
- Black Canary, because she's an awesome character who becomes the center of pretty much any team she's on
- Batman : Because he's my favorite character. He's the leader, commander, tactician and techguy of the team.
- Flash : My second favorite character. I'd prefer Wally but I wouldn't mind Barry also. He'd be the one to keep the team to not go over the darkside.
- Martian Manhunter : Wisest guy in the team, will be Batman's adviser and most trusted colleague.
- Shazam : The Superguy of the team, he's more rough because he's young but Batman will train him to be a great fighter and to use his powers more effectively and MM will make him calmer and a better kid and teach him to control his powers and
- Zatanna : One of the most powerful magicians of DCU and one my most favorite characters, she'll also teach Billy to use his magical powers.
I would've added some more characters (the team lacks a GL) but if I get to choose 5 characters only then this will be my team.
Aqua-man (I like the Atlantis comes before anything)
Geo-Force (I liked the bond he had with his sister pre-52)
Katana ( I liked her pre-52 being a voice for the Markovian's during the new krypton stuff)
Superman ( I like the if the cops won't do anything I guess it's up to me initiative)
Wonder Woman ( I'm a fan of the fighty wonder woman)