• 58 results
OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

There's been a lot of controversy regarding the ages of the members of the Justice League--or the lack of knowledge about them. I'm here with some answers.

In the present day, Wonder Woman is twenty-three years old as stated in Wonder Woman issue 11.

In the present day, Cyborg is 22-23 years old. This one took some figuring out. In Justice League issue 1, college scouts are ready to give Victor football scholarships. Usually, players get football scholarships during their senior year, in which they are 17-18 years old. Add five years to that and Cyborg is between 22-23 years old. There's also the fact that 5 years ago, Sarah Charles (Cyborg's love interest) was noted as being 17. So in the present day, she's 22--which puts her and Cyborg in the same age bracket.

As of now, Green Lantern: Secret Origin is still in continuity. In that story, Hal is 18 years old when he joins the air force. He's kicked out for joy riding his jet. To be a fighter pilot you need a bachelor's degree (which takes about 4 years) and you need to go to flight school (which is about 9 months-1 year). So add all that to Hal's age, and he's about 22-23 years old when he's kicked out of the airforce and becomes Green Lantern. Then add another 5 years to bring Hal's age up to the present day. And we can see that Hal is approximately 27-28 years old.

In Justice League #2, Barry Allen is already a crime scene investigator. It takes about 6 years after graduating high school to become a crime scene investigator (4 years of undergrad and 2 years made up of being in the police academy and doing lower level police work). So add 6 years to 18, and Barry was 24 during the Darkseid Invasion. 5 years later, he's 29. But in Flash #0, Barry is made fun of for being young, so maybe he completed under grad early? If we shorten his undergrad by two years because he's so smart, then Barry is 27 along with Superman and GL. That makes things feel more comfortable universe-eise. So Flash is 27-29.

Aquaman is easy to figure out. In Aquaman issue 8, it is revealed that Arthur lost his father 6 years ago, when he was 18. That pegs Aquaman at 24.

Superman is revealed to just be starting his journalism career during the beginning of Action Comics set 5 years ago. It takes about 4 years to get an undergraduate journalism degree. Some journalists get another 2 years of study for a higher degree. So if Clark is 18 when he finishes High School, then during the Darkseid Invasion, he's 22 or 24. 5 years later, he's 27 or 29. Edit- Superman #14 confirms that Superman is 27.

Batman is the most difficult to figure out due to the Robins. During his still-canon Year One story, he's 25. Damian Wayne is physically 10, but he was grown in a test tube so he could have been conceived within the 5 year timeline. Tim Drake was revealed to be an olympic athlete who was never an official robin, so he probably only got a few months of training from Bruce. Dark Victory (Dick Grayson's origin) takes place 2 years after Year One when Bruce is 27. But here's the thing, during the Darkseid Invasion, Bruce had no Robin. The Invasion couldn't take place during Year One or during Dark Victory, so it probably happened between them when Bruce was 26. That put's Bruce's Age 5 years later at 31. You could say that the D.I. took place after Dick left or Jason died, but Batman is not a pool of sadness like he is after those events. He seems fresh and young. So I'm sticking to the 31 story--at least until we get more information or retconning.

So what we know is:

*Batman- 31?

Superman-27

Green Lantern- 27(-28)

Flash- 27(-29)

Aquaman- 24

Wonder Woman- 23

Cyborg- 23

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cameron83

@OutlawRenegade: damn,they are young...but for some reason i like them better that way,i dont think they should be like 40 or something and just starting a team

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Zdaybreak

Thanks man. I was wondering exactly how old they were.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Madame_Mist

It's weird that that Wonder Woman is only a bit older than me. I prefer her age to be ambiguous, I think.

insanepayne7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By insanepayne7

Batman started when he was 26 so add about three years, plus the 5 year gap, id say hes around 34.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By rav4

Am I the only one who finds it extremely weird that Wonder Woman and Cyborg are the same age? I mean... she never used to be that young, did she?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Backflip

@Ravager4 said:

Am I the only one who finds it extremely weird that Wonder Woman and Cyborg are the same age? I mean... she never used to be that young, did she?

Yeah I'm in total agreement here... Personally Wonder Woman looks, and act like at least late 20s. I prefer her age to either be unknown, purely physical, or OLD.. so like, in Young Justice, she was born in 1925, making her 85ish, but she's still got the body of a 28yr old. It gives her credibility, whilst keeping her youthful

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I just added some updates.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

This is pretty awesome.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

This can't be right. Dick's around his mid-twenties. That would make him as old as (or even older than) Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I wonder when they'll anounce the New 52 actually took place in a different universe and just pretend it never happened.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Damn,so wonder woman was 18 when she left the island?? unless steve was in his mid twenties he's such a cradle robber, the average colonel is abt 40 unless his team 7 days boosted his experience. Superman could've wrapped up college in three yrs if he wanted to,add a yr of traveling the world as an amateur reporter(if thats still in continuity) and he cld've been 22-23 when he revealed himself add abt 5-6 yrs to that puts him at abt 27-29,so thats right on the money.bruce started his career as batman at 22-23 atleast, add abt ten yrs to that to account for all the robins n yeah hes in his early 30's, the rest are pretty accurate. yay young justice league! now write the heck outta them Geoff johns!

@AweSam:Has dick's age been hinted at anywhere?, cuz batman's at least 9 yrs older than him n he became robin at 12 which puts him at abt 22-23 his age matching cyborg's is fine given the whole 80's teen titans volume,but wonder woman being 23...weird.

@Mercy_: It really is!!

@OutlawRenegade: Great topic dude!!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@UltimateSMfan: Thanks!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#13  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I was always confused about ages of characters on Marvel and DC

3Blue_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 3Blue_Star

@Ravager4 said:

Agree

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chronus

Excluding Cyborg, I expected all of the other founders to be in their 30s.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I really like this...even if it makes me feel over the hill now....for I'm now a year older than the current JL's oldest member. Damn you Father Time! ::shakes fist::

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TAneT62

Wonder woman is still pretty young.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twentyfive

This is cool. Imagine Cyborg being one year younger than Aquaman. Him just being their age mates is cool imo.

But I am not keen on the fact that Batman was the "first hero" even though he operated out of the shadows. He, like all heroes should be inspired by him to do what Superman's heroics, but takes a darker approach.

Oh well.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Zdaybreak

@AweSam said:

This can't be right. Dick's around his mid-twenties. That would make him as old as (or even older than) Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I wonder when they'll anounce the New 52 actually took place in a different universe and just pretend it never happened.

I think that Dick is 21 in the new 52.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By daredevil21134

Sigh

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@daredevil21134: Why the sigh?

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 4_color_image

Well, Diana being the same age as Dick & Vic is easy. She is the New Donna Troy!!!! I do not like the fact that Diana & Cassie are so close in age now though. Only 5 years between the two!?!?!?!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superdork

AC #14: Superman = 27

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By z3ro180

am i the only one who doent like this news ?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Z3RO180: Why don't you like it?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackWind

@Z3RO180 said:

am i the only one who doent like this news ?

No, you aren't. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a bit too young for my liking.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Superdork

@Z3RO180: @BlackWind:

Personally, I like the younger ages. It means that all of them still have the potential to become even better because they haven't reached their prime yet. In fact, here's what I want their ages to be:

Origin

Superman (25), Batman (25), Wonder Woman (25), Green Lantern (24), Flash (24), Cyborg (25), and Aquaman (26)

Present Day

Superman (27), Batman (27), Wonder Woman (27), Green Lantern (26), Flash (26), Cyborg (27), and Aquaman (28)

Near Future (Justice League at their prime)

Superman (35), Batman (35), Wonder Woman (35), Green Lantern (34), Flash (34), Cyborg (35), and Aquaman (36)

Retirement Age

Superman (55-Due to cancer like in All Star Superman), Batman (52-Due to heart issues like in Batman Beyond), Wonder Woman (56-To be Queen of Themyscira), Green Lantern (60-Due to Old Age), Flash (58-Due to Old Age), Cyborg (57-Due to Old Age), and Aquaman (47-To Rule Atlantis and train his heir)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#28  Edited By Black_Claw

For some reason, I kind of like the fact that they are all young. But I always expected Aquaman to be around Batmans age.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@Superdork: krypton exploded 27 yrs ago. n in this continuity supes was atleast one when he was rocketed from krypton not born on earth from a birthing matrix,so actually supes is 28-29.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Superdork

@UltimateSMfan said:

@Superdork: krypton exploded 27 yrs ago. n in this continuity supes was atleast one when he was rocketed from krypton not born on earth from a birthing matrix,so actually supes is 28-29.

He was a few months old, which puts him at 27. He couldn't walk OR talk when he left Krypton.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By z3ro180

@Superdork:see that there makes sence. have them all roughly the same age.

@Sovereign91001: there ages just seem all over the place and plus when they fought darksied aquaman and wonder qoman werre only teen ageers and that just dosnt sit right

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By htb106

I find it odd that they're so young.

Also, Lobdell said a few days ago that Clark was 28, I think.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Superdork

@htb106: What age do you want them to be--keeping in mind that younger heroes appeal to the 13-25 demographic DC and Warner want.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade: I don't think you can say Sarah Charles is Victor's love interest. We aren't really sure where DC will take Cyuborg in that regard

I mean its not like DC has held true to everything they've said. So I wouldn't worry bout ages too much. These will change overtime slowly. Cyborg and WW are clearly 23.

I think Batman should be over 31 just for all the things, and the training and the robins. I would put him at 34. For the others I don't think it matters as much, they are in teh mid to late 20 ranges, but unlike Batman they do not have to account for years of history

@4_color_image: Just ignore the new Cassie. I know I do and the rest of this Teen Titans rooster.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Superdork

@SUNMAN: Yeah, I just think that Sarah will be his love interest (1) because she's the bridge between Victor and Silas as seen in the Free Comic Book Day issue (2) because they dated in pre-Flashpoint continuity and (3) because in the backup material in Justice League #4, her profile stated that she has studied the psychological effects of cyberware on humans.

I'm not too worried about ages either, but that has been a huge question for fans since Flashpoint. I think the exact ages bother people less than the big divides in age now. A lot of us like them all to be in the same age group because they seem more like equals. It's also important to be able to realistically/practically factor all of their continuity into their ages.

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mighty dude

I'm really happy that they lowered the ages so much. I love that Aquaman is so young, but yet so developed and mature, due to his origin. The same goes for Wonder Woman as well. It's also nice seeing how the different characters can have similar ages, yet such contrasting personalities and maturity levels. Love it!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Press Oblivion

I've had problems with Batman leading the team but now that he's the elder statesman, it's all good.

Thanks @OutlawRenegade:

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Press Oblivion: You're welcome!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SandMan_

Pre-Flashpoint all of them where in they're 40s...They took almost 20 years.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SUNMAN

@Ravager4 said:

she had to be 23 at some point in her life right?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

So Batwoman's older than all of the Justice League founders? That's a little surprising.

thatbamaguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thatbamaguy

I still don't buy Batman's age timeline. I mean if he was 25 when he started, Trained dick at starting at 27. When did dick become Nightwing? When did Jason die? How long was he dead because he is back as Redhood and is clearly 18 or 19. I'd put Tim at 16 or 17. Damian is 10. When did Barb get shot? What were batman's ages during each of these things?

I'd say it makes more sense that batman was 18-20 when he started and was around several years before Justice league #1 just as more of a myth/working in secret. He could have trained Dick from 20-25 (making him 17) when he becomes Nightwing. He could have trained Jason from ages 26-27 losing him when Jason was 14. Given him four years to be resurrected and trained by that one group. He possibly trains Tim around 29-30. I'm not sure when Barb would fit in... but I think this is a better Timeline, still keeping him around 31 or 32 for present day where Damian is the current Robin.

I'm sure there are a lot of plot holes in my previous theory, but the timeline fits better.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SUNMAN

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

So Batwoman's older than all of the Justice League founders? That's a little surprising.

how old is Batwoman?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SUNMAN said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

how old is Batwoman?

I've worked out that she's 32 or 33.

thatbamaguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thatbamaguy

Ps. I know Batman #0 takes place 6 years ago making his career shorter than my previous post. I just think its stupid. Was dick robin at 15 for a year or two. I love the new 52, and I've been a fan of comics since I was a kid (25 now). The way they are squeezing stuff into his timeline just irks me. I feel like I'd have been happier if they rebooted his whole timeline. I feel the same way about green lantern though he is a bit more plausible because he doesn't have 4 sidekicks.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OutlawRenegade
Loading Video...

@thatbamaguy: Grant Morrison says Bruce started being Batman at 20, so there is more time for his history now.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I'd say that Bruce is around 27 now.

- Additionally, Year One isn't canon as plenty of new origins contradict it and Snyder is writing Zero Year, which will undoubtedly replace it entirely.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Cool

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice work.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

I don't want to relate to my heroes; I want to look up to them. I want them to be of an age where I can look at them and say, "When I'm older, that could be me."

It's for that reason I dislike the fact that Superman is now the same age as me, 27. I'd far prefer the more paternal Superman of the '50s, with a character like Jimmy Olsen filling the role of the audience surrogate.