Shazam To Replace Aquaman In Justice League War

• 116 results
LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

where is it implied that Shazam will be in this? It seems like a pretty sure thing that they haven't cast anyone as Aquaman, sure, but where is the Shazam thing coming from?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

this could mean that after trinity war shazam joins the league.this dosen"t automaticly mean that aquaman won't be in the movie. he could just be in the second half of the movie like the justice league comic,he didin't show up in the first couple issues.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@patrat18 said:

this could mean that after trinity war shazam joins the league.this dosen"t automaticly mean that aquaman won't be in the movie. he could just be in the second half of the movie like the justice league comic,he didin't show up in the first couple issues.

Or they could be saving him for a Throne of Atlantis movie.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I don't think the video really implies that Aquaman won't be in the movie. But if not, BOO! I like Shazam but Aquaman needs to stop being disrespected. He is fantastic in the New 52 and should get his moment in Justice League: War. He is a more unique character than Shazam. And I'm not talking about powers, I'm talking about personality. Shazam is a boy scout like Superman and looks pretty similar to Superman. Aquaman adds in a little more variety and is more badass

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@batmannflash: I wouldn't say Shazam is a boy scout, he's more of a bratty kid nowadays...

But I agree I want Aquaman in the movie, they should try to make him more popular instead of just avoiding him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@jldoom: agree with everything you just said. However, in the New 52, you do see him slowly shape into a good kid (like burying Black Adam's ashes; enjoying his time with the Marvel family).

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

That's because they're not taking a 'merman who talks to fish that joins a group of "Super badasses Gods" to fight a evil threat' very seriously. Even when he was first introduced in JL #4 Green Lantern said that he thought Aquaman was a sketch in Conan O' Brain.

No Caption Provided

But even so, Aquaman didn't have too much of a role in the first 6 issues of JL anyways. The only 2 noticeable things that he did was when he was introduce in issue 4 telling the group that he'll be the leader just before telepathically have a White Shark to eat a Parademon, and then in issue 6 when he stabbed Darkseid with his trident fight the fight (though it didn't slow down Darkseid regardless), so everybody else was the highlight than him, thus he can he over looked. There replacing him with Shazam because of his back-up stories in the JL and wants more folks to be familiar with him. I still like to think he'll have a minor role or at least a cameo some what but I see everyone's frustration.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

I love Shazam but he should get his own movie instead of taking Aquaman's spot.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT???!!!! why the hell did they do this???? aquaman is such badass right now, he shouldn't be replaced. i like shazam but aquaman deserves a lot LOT more attention!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC hates white people with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sigh.

maybe that's the reason why albrecht krieger didn't show up so far....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#111  Edited By TheCannon

Video isn't working for me, so I can only go by what the OP says.

If this is true, boo! I suppose this is better than him just being a cameo like in the comic, but still. Boo! There's no reason for this to happen. Even if they didn't have Aquaman, there were so many better choices to replace him than Shazam (Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, & Zatanna come to mind), or they could have cut a seventh member out altogether and put more time in establishing Darkseid.

Hopefully they give Aquaman his own animated film though. That could make up for it.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By Captain13

There is so much speculation around here....

Lol, no. Aquaman has been confirmed not to be in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@captain13: I've commented that like what 2 week ago? You reply now? Really?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

That's crap.

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably because with the release of new 52 shazam volume 1 that got insanely good reviews hes the next big thing for DC which is cool with me cuz hes my favorite. Its about time he got more exposure. At the expense of aquaman im not sure id rather see superman go. But then again its not in my hands i guess we will just see how it plays out.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like Aquaman but I don't see the big deal he's getting his own film, and only 3 or 4 of the heroes actually have impotant roles in the plot. The otehrs just show up and beat people up.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: Because they couldn't have selected a more redundant character to replace Aquaman.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Another Lantern is also redundant. i woupd have used Zatanna or Vixen.