• 54 results
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Anyone have any clues about what this story could be based on? Throne of Atlantis seems to soon... Could this be Wonder Woman centered? Or could it be based on the Sinestro Corps War? What Justice League War stories do you guys know about?

It's also possible that this could be an original story...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Kingdom Come comes to mind, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Avatar image for the_greatest_green_lantern
The_Greatest_Green_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@citizenbane:

I asked Bruce Timm at last year’s Batman Year One panel whether he might take Kingdom Come on as a project. He told me that it wasn’t a story suited for animation. Do you think your style could be adapted to animation?

I’ve seen some of the Warner Brothers stuff, some of it is quite good, but they don’t have the budget for my style. They can’t even bring to life George Perez’s art style in traditional animation. When you’re talking about my style, you’re really talking about 3d graphics. What I try to do is bring this stuff to some kind of physical life that exceeds comic book illustrations. If you’re not trying to cast people to match my drawings, you’re talking about computer animation on a level we still haven’t seen done. Things that have tried for realism haven’t worked out perfectly well yet. The best on-screen example of that would be Final Fantasy. They did it very well, but there’s still a certain level of stiffness. Until that’s fully conquered, a style like mine just becomes reduced when you turn it into 2d animation. The next question is, “is the story line so important that we just need to get it told soon” I’ve always hoped that DC would never have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in doing that. I’d like to think that I’m no easily replaceable and that my style could not so easily be thrown out just to get the production on the schedule. And, as you can imagine, I have absolutely zero input in that process.

Say that you use the technology that they use for video games now. It’s not perfect, but if they tried something like that for Kingdom Come, then I might be interested.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/the-new-52-is-a-tough-thing-to-see-alex-ross-talks-tower-chronicles-reboots-and-how-to-animate-kingdom-come/

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

hmmmm. interesting

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@captain13: I think it has to do with Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm..very intriguing. If it weren't not-out yet, I would have guessed Trinity War. When Bruce Timm "left" DCAU, it was made known that they really wouldn't be adapting comic-stories anymore - that they'd be doing original works. I just can't imagine it being any of the arcs mentioned (the name would be too different from what those things are about).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

War of the Supermen?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it is the grant morrison last story arc in JLA featuring the villain Mageddon.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it is the grant morrison last story arc in JLA featuring the villain Mageddon.

World War III? Could be....brings to mind Black Adam's World War III, actually.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OutlawRenegade
blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blkson
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson: Depend of which one War World III are we talking,one of is Morrison's JLA against MAggedon and the other is DC Universe heroes vs Black Adam in 52.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson: But that was during the year w/o the Trinity. That might be a hard sell to the non "hard core" fans.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity War?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Trinity War maybe?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: @rustyroy: That would be cool (well, assuming TW lives up to the hype), but I can't imagine they could "get it ready" in time, after TW actually plays out. That, and it seems like they'd have to either alter the story considerably (which they aren't afraid to do, given JL: Doom) or make it fairly long (so as to include enough lead-up for the resulting "war" to make sense).

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Yeah I said that because Johns is working with them for some time now and after Flashpoint this is DC's biggest event. Not to mention it can amplify both the comic book and the movie sales.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Animated film? If so meh..

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

What's it about?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the Flashpoint Paradox...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@oscars94 said:

It's the Flashpoint Paradox...

two movies about the same thing?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I hope it's Trinity War. but it hasn't even started it.

I really hope they do a two-part Trinity War animated movie

JewLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JewLantern

Wait, so Flashpoint Paradox (movie)follows the same story from Geoff Johns comic right?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

JewLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Bleeding Cool posted a rumour that at SDCC, it might be announced that the next DC animated film would be based off the New 52 Justice League origin arc written by Geoff Johns. Honestly, I hope that's really not true.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Interesting... Do you have a link?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@avenging_x_bolt: No, its called the Flashpoint Paradox.

The movie is called The Flashpoint Paradox but look at the features in the pic provided, beside the "4 Bonus Cartoons". It says a sneak peak at Justice League: War which is basically what this thread is about.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@outlawrenegade: I've tried to find a link but I think Bleeding Cool have taken the article down or something. It's not up there anymore.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah that arc wasn't anything to be excited about.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe this will end on a cliffhanger, and the next one will be a war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe this will end on a cliffhanger, and the next one will be a war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman

That would be pretty lame IMO.

I think they should set up something in the new 52 universe. I would like to see new 52 costumes as well.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OutlawRenegade

The Flashpoint Paradox post-credits scene confirms that Justice League War is an adaptation of Justice League: Origin.

No Caption Provided

Also:

Lest anyone wonder whether Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will have a measurable impact on Warner Home Video’s DC Universe animated feature film division, here’s the announcement many fans were half-expecting:

Justice League: War, a new direct-to-video feature film coming in 2014, will bring the New 52 to your DVD, Blu-Ray and streaming video services.

“.@Comic_Con eve reveal – 1st 2014 DCU animated film is Justice League: War based on @geoffjohns@JimLee#ScottWilliamsJL Vol 1: Origin,” announced Gary Miereanu, the PR rep who does the DC animated movies.

That arc sees the League coming together as they battle Darkseid’s hordes. Jason O’Mara will play Batman and Shemar Moore will be Cyborg; more casting is sure to be announced throughout the day, but it’s certainly interesting to see Batman go to someone who isn’t Kevin Conroy. Could this be a new direction for the DC Universe in the wake of a New 52 movie? Or is it just a scheduling conflict, and Conroy will resume his decades-old job for the next film? After all, it isn’t the first time they’ve gone to a different Batman for a movie or two.

World’s Finest Online report that Michelle Monaghan is voicing Wonder Woman, Christopher Gorham is The Flash, Alan Tudyk will portray Superman and Justin Kirk is Green Lantern. Jay Oliva, who most recently worked on The Dark Knight Returns and The Flashpoint Paradox, will direct.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/16/justice-league-war-brings-the-new-52-to-home-video/

Looks like WB synergy will ensure we only get New 52 adaptations from now on.

Expect serious changes to the story like the ones done in Flashpoint Paradox. I mean, Shemar Moore is a grown *** man. I doubt Cyborg will be a teenager in this interpretation.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: Cyborg was 18 when he got his powers in the comics, so technically he already was a grown ass man.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@black_claw: 18 year olds don't sound like people in their 40s though. And I don't consider an 18 yo a grown *** man. That's a young man IMO. Tomato. Tohmahto.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: voice acting isn't that straight forward Cyborg could still be 18 or 20 in this film. Voice actors don't have to be close to the same age or even gender of their roles. If you want to hear his voice youtube him or watch Criminal Minds. i think its a good casting.

Hopefully they keep the Flashpoint Paradox design. The smaller design not the Huge alternate reality one. Also I hope they tweak it a little bit. The surgery that turned Victor into Cyborg happened way to fast in the original comic to me.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@sunman: It is good casting. In fact, I WANT Cyborg to be older by 5-10 years. Instead of being a high school football player, I want him in the NFL. He should be the same age as his team mates instead of being a junior member, which I hate.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: making him a former NFL star is a very interesting/promising idea. I'm just not sure DC will be changing his origin much from the new 52 version. It seems like his dad and the Star Labs origin will be kept. As long as he's in his 20s it works for me. If he becomes Cyborg at 17 or 18 fine, but ultimately he should be 20+ during other stories.

My main concern is the Cyborg design. The Ivan Reis and Gene Ha designs are the best new 52 comic designs.

but personally the animated move Cyborg designs have been better than some of the comic designs. As long as he isn't 90% robot. I don't want him to be Robocop.

I can live with this design, it's not my ideal but its one of the better official designs we've seen:

No Caption Provided

I can imagine the chest armor can be removed and their is a significant amount of flesh and human tissue under it not all robotics. And that the dark black fabric around his abdomen, neck, thighs and arms isn't all robotic but some sort of fabric covering his skin or maybe a combo of flesh and cybernetics. And he can remove his pants/chastity belt to go to the bathroom/sex etc.

I just really hope Justice League War does not use the Jim Lee design, thats really what I'm fearing

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@sunman: I 100% agree with you about the Jim Lee design. And I wish the animated designs incorporated his logo. Anyway, the Bourassa designs are much better than the comics.

And changing him into an NFL player doesn't change the story much--hardly at all really. It would barely change one scene. But it does bestow more respect on him IMO. I really hate that scene in which Hal calls him "kid." IMO, if you're going to make him a big dog, then make him a big dog and treat him like the others.

I hope they spend more time on his relationship with his father because some of their moments in the original story felt really forced. Like this one:

No Caption Provided

I'm sure there is another, better way to come to the same outcome. That dialogue just wasn't great.

Anyway, I have no doubt the animators will fit in more fight scenes like they did in Flashpoint Paradox. I could see Bruce doing more fighting when he's on Apokolips. But I hope that they add more HEART to this story, which the source material lacked IMO. We never see the team come to like or respect one another. They never grow closer. That has to change in the adaptation.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: It is good casting. In fact, I WANT Cyborg to be older by 5-10 years. Instead of being a high school football player, I want him in the NFL. He should be the same age as his team mates instead of being a junior member, which I hate.

Well the whole point of Cyborg is that he's supposed to be a representation of the youth. As long as he's in his early 20's things should be fine.

@sunman said:

@outlawrenegade: making him a former NFL star is a very interesting/promising idea. I'm just not sure DC will be changing his origin much from the new 52 version. It seems like his dad and the Star Labs origin will be kept. As long as he's in his 20s it works for me. If he becomes Cyborg at 17 or 18 fine, but ultimately he should be 20+ during other stories.

My main concern is the Cyborg design. The Ivan Reis and Gene Ha designs are the best new 52 comic designs.

but personally the animated move Cyborg designs have been better than some of the comic designs. As long as he isn't 90% robot. I don't want him to be Robocop.

I can live with this design, it's not my ideal but its one of the better official designs we've seen:

No Caption Provided

I can imagine the chest armor can be removed and their is a significant amount of flesh and human tissue under it not all robotics. And that the dark black fabric around his abdomen, neck, thighs and arms isn't all robotic but some sort of fabric covering his skin or maybe a combo of flesh and cybernetics. And he can remove his pants/chastity belt to go to the bathroom/sex etc.

I just really hope Justice League War does not use the Jim Lee design, thats really what I'm fearing

I'm hoping they use this design as well. The Jim Lee version is just awful.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@black_claw said:

@outlawrenegade said:

Well the whole point of Cyborg is that he's supposed to be a representation of the youth. As long as he's in his early 20's things should be fine.

Yeah, but the whole team ranges in age from 23-28, so Cyborg should be there too. And him being the young guy isn't that important when you consider that he was in his 30s before flashpoint and no one cared. He can have a youthful personality without being babysitted by his team mates is all I'm saying. If anyone should be the amateur, I would prefer it be Flash like in the animated series, but I don't even want him to be a teenager.

By making Cyborg so young, you make him Batman's pet because he hasn't developed real world confidence or exposure, which is one of the things I dislike about how he has been handled in the New 52.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Birthright

Where's Aquaman's voice?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deaditegonzo

Im pretty excited about this, it looks good. And the Flashpoint Paradox was great.