• 159 results
queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By queenfrost_

Taking this off AvX #2 where it lists the Avengers roster...

Avengers currently have:

• Ms Marvel
  • Mockingbird
  • Spider-Woman
  • Black Widow
  • Storm
  • Valkeryie

So 6 out of 26 members are female. 3:13 is the simplified ratio.

Taking this off Uncanny Avengers #1

Uncanny Avengers currently have:

• Rogue
  • Scarlet Witch

So 2 out of 6 members are female. 1:3 is the simplified ratio. Times this by three to get it to be = to Avengers and you have 3:9 ratio.

And then we have DC.

Justice League currently have:

• Wonder Woman

So 1 out of 6 members are female. 1:6 is the simplified ratio. Times this by three to get it to be = to Avengers and you have 3:18 ratio.

Justice League of America currently have:

• Stargirl
  • Catwoman
  • Katana

So 3 out of 9 members are female. This is already a 3:9 ratio so there is no need to times it by three.

(I didn't include Justice League Dark teams because I picked the teams that are often plotted against each other. I wasn't sure of JLA and UA were replacing JL or A, so I put them in to just support my argument).

As you can see, the odd one out is Justice League. To put it in perspective: You have to wait for 13 male members to join Avengers before getting 3 female avengers. You have to wait for 9 male members to join Uncanny Avengers before getting 3 female uncanny avengers. You have to wait for 18 male members to join JL before getting 3 female justice league members.

These are facts.

This is an opinion:

WONDER WOMAN BEING ON JL IS NOT ENOUGH. Yes I know there are 'Birds of Prey', and you may argue 'but females get a whole book to themselves!'. Yeh, that's because ALL other teams in DC are majority male. And not by a small majority, a BIG majority.

And this is why Justice League should add at least 1 more female.

^ ^ Some Ideas ^ ^

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Mera, Element Woman and Lady Luck are supposed to be joining apparently. Vixen is supposed to be joining the Global Guardians, Starfire is a member of the Outlaws, and technically Zatanna is a member of the League (if Juatice League Dark counts)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

Last thing I heard concerning more women on the League was this Lady Luck character created by Will Eisner was joining. They haven't said anything about her for some time (and I thought she was joining after Jordan left the team), so I'm not sure what happened to that.

The earlier JL promos showed Mera and Element Woman as part of the team, but then again Green Arrow had a beard in those.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By Black_Claw

Well at least Element Woman and Mera are joining. I'm especially excited about Mera. Her powers are awesome.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By queenfrost_

Thanks for the info guys!! Mera and Element Woman are a bit hit-and-miss but at least it is more women....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#6  Edited By TheCannon

As previously said, Mera and Element Woman are joining.

But I think they should retcon World's Finest out of the continuity and add Power Girl to the League.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCowman

Is that Zatana's new52 outfit in the OP?

*shakes head sadly*

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

I nominate Vixen, and Black Canary.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sethysquare

@queenfrost_ said:

DC has

Batgirl

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Catwoman

Amethyst

Birds of Prey

Worlds Finest

Ame Comi Girls

and Katana

All these books sold more than Captain Marvel, Marvel's only female solo.

Sure, DC lacks a little female in JLA, but at least DC tons of team books that are very female oriented or features female members prominently, JLA, Ravagers, Teen Titans, JLD, Team 7, Legion of Superheroes, Legion Lost, Demon Knights, Red Lanterns :)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sethysquare

@Twentyfive: Vixen is reserved for Global Guardians and Black Canary is in Team 7 and BOP

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@queenfrost_: Zatanna's with JLD and that team is specifically set for mystic threats. Zatanna's not going anywhere there. Vixen would be nice to see on the Justice League in the New 52 but Starfire's suited on the Outlaws. I wouldn't want to see another former Titan plonked on the Justice League for no apparent reason. She's a bit more lax with her morals anyway and that wouldn't suit with the rest of the team. I agree that the Justice League needs more female members to balance it up. And on the subject of the Avengers, I'd have thought you would have chosen to spotlight Hickman's upcoming team? It's diverse both in terms of female and minority characters. An excellent mix of members.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twentyfive

@sethysquare: Doesn't Team 7 take place in the past? Anyway, darn you are right. BOP must take all her time. She has to consult Batman and ask him how he manages to be everywhere at once. And it sucks that they are shoving Vixen aside to the Global Guardians. Who knows when that comes out? Also, I did not like how she was injured in JLI, and then never returned.

Thank you for the info. I did not know that.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sethysquare

@Twentyfive: Yes team 7 takes place in the past, but she is likely to return as a member in team 7 after the issues jump to the present. BC is the most prominent member in the book. As of such, its really difficult to be in BOP, Team 7 and BOP at the same time.

Also, I don't see it as shoving her to Global Guardians, but saving her for it. If they are going to have a global guardians book, they can't just steal all the members from JLA. imo

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fodigg

DC has a lot of excellent female characters. Why they don't promote them no and instead focus on stale toast characters like Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, I have no idea.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

DC has a lot of excellent female characters. Why they don't promote them no and instead focus on sale toast characters like Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, I have no idea.

because they sell?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By queenfrost_

@sethysquare: I think that is even more reason to have more women on the JL. If they know these female orientated comics are selling, why not add some women to the team rather than giving women their own separate comic series such as 'ame comi girls' and 'birds of prey'

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By queenfrost_

@Lvenger: People jump around from team to team all the time, so it was just some suggestions at the top of my head. Zatanna, Starfire and Vixen are three strong females who I think are wasted on their respective teams. And I didn't know Hickman was doing an upcoming new Avengers roster, I don't really follow Marvel like I do with DC. But thanks for the update, I'll be sure to check it out! :P

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

DC has a lot of excellent female characters. Why they don't promote them no and instead focus on sale toast characters like Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, I have no idea.

because they sell?

Flash and GL are books that would sell with others starring in them. And have. It's because the creators are Silver Age obsessed.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@queenfrost_ said:

@Lvenger: People jump around from team to team all the time, so it was just some suggestions at the top of my head. Zatanna, Starfire and Vixen are three strong females who I think are wasted on their respective teams. And I didn't know Hickman was doing an upcoming new Avengers roster, I don't really follow Marvel like I do with DC. But thanks for the update, I'll be sure to check it out! :P

They seem to be perfect fits. Vixen is one of the most well known international heroes so it makes sense that she would be on an international team. Zatanna is one of the most prominent magicians in comics so it makes sense that she would be on the top magic team in the dcu. Starfire seems to be getting more development in Outlaws (whether its good development or not is subjective) than she would ever get in JL. not to mention she doesn't have anything unique to offer the team (which could also be said about Vixen)

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By queenfrost_

@Avenging-X-Bolt: But Aquaman and Shazam are sooo useful to the JL, right?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

Flash and GL are books that would sell with others starring in them. And have. It's because the creators are Silver Age obsessed.

i wont deny that. but what does that have to do with your earlier post? Hal has just been replaced so i don't see how they're promoting him. and next to nothing important has really been done with Barry outside of Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@queenfrost_ said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: But Aquaman and Shazam are sooo useful to the JL, right?

Aquaman is a founding leaguer and the star of one of DC's most successful books. he also offers unique themes and personality to the team. telepathy and access to atlantean tech doesn't hurt either. Shazam is a powerful magical character, offers youth and cockiness and an interesting dynamic with the rest of the team. he's also an well known character who has proven capable of maintaining his own series in the past. What does Starfire offer that none of the League has?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By queenfrost_

@Avenging-X-Bolt: A vagina

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@queenfrost_ said:

Wonder Woman doesn't have a vagina? that explains alot.

dont get me wrong, i agree that the team needs more females, i'd just like better, more unique choices. the three characters you mentioned are in places that are new but still make sense.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

i wont deny that. but what does that have to do with your earlier post? Hal has just been replaced so i don't see how they're promoting him. and next to nothing important has really been done with Barry outside of Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Barry was the big deal in Flashpoint. Bringing those characters in for the revamp instead of mixing it up was a misstep in my opinion when they could have gone with a more varied founding JL in term of both demographics (e.g., race, gender, age) as well as era of character creation. That was my only point.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@queenfrost_ said:

Vaginas (Vaginas not Women) also tend to not offer much in terms of story and such. unless Geoff wants to write a tragic epic about Wonder Woman's heroic struggle to pee while standing up.......ok ill admit i kinda want to see that one lol.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twentyfive

@sethysquare: Holy cow, man (not sarcastic). Excuse my absent-mindedness. I had no clue T7 was going to go to the present. That's crazy. So they're going to scrounge up Waller from wherever the heck she is and make her join again? That sounds cool. I would like it for them to have a bitterness toward each other like "Why sholud I join you again Lance, after what happened back then?" or whatever. You know what I mean?

And yeah I agree with you on Vixen. I want some A-List (if DC has any of them) world heroes from places like Japan, and Canada, and Brazil joining the GG. DC needs to do that. I can see it now. They need to create new heroes too.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

Barry was the big deal in Flashpoint. Bringing those characters in for the revamp instead of mixing it up was a misstep in my opinion when they could have gone with a more varied founding JL in term of both demographics (e.g., race, gender, age) as well as era of character creation. That was my only point.

still not very much when you factor in all the events and such other characters have had. i understand your point about the founding and agree with it to an extent ( i can accept replacing MM with Cyborg even though i don't like it, but with Miss Martian? that just aint right,)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

@queenfrost_: No problem. The roster is supposed to be nearly two dozen members as well. He's also doing New Avengers which has the Illuminati in it. Looks awesome as well.

Hastny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hastny

You're completely right. The lack of female characters is actually the reason why I'm no longer following the series. I would love it if they added Black Canary, Vixen and Zatanna to the roster. I always thought of them as hard-core justice league members anyways. 

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

still not very much when you factor in all the events and such other characters have had. i understand your point about the founding and agree with it to an extent ( i can accept replacing MM with Cyborg even though i don't like it, but with Miss Martian? that just aint right,)

See, and I think that'd be a good way to bring in the youngest/newest readers and give them a stake in the JL.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

See, and I think that'd be a good way to bring in the youngest/newest readers and give them a stake in the JL.

I worded that wrong, its not a bad move in a practical sense. it would just alienate me personally.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

because they sell?

I worded that wrong, its not a bad move in a practical sense. it would just alienate me personally.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SmashBrawler

@sethysquare said:

DC has

Batgirl

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Catwoman

Amethyst

Birds of Prey

Worlds Finest

Ame Comi Girls

and Katana

Sure, DC lacks a little female in JLA, but at least DC tons of team books that are very female oriented or features female members prominently, JLA, Ravagers, Teen Titans, JLD, Team 7, Legion of Superheroes, Legion Lost, Demon Knights, Red Lanterns :)

Was it really necessary to turn this into DC vs Marvel?

Oh, and I'm sure a lot of women wouldn't be flattered by the costumes the Ame Comi characters wear. Just saying.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@SmashBrawler said:

@sethysquare said:

DC has

Batgirl

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Catwoman

Amethyst

Birds of Prey

Worlds Finest

Ame Comi Girls

and Katana

Oh, and I'm sure a lot of women wouldn't be flattered by the costumes the Ame Comi characters wear. Just saying.

its what he does when he can't think up decent argument.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Twentyfive

@sethysquare said:

@queenfrost_ said:

DC has

Batgirl

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Catwoman

Amethyst

Birds of Prey

Worlds Finest

Ame Comi Girls

and Katana

Awesome post, my friend. I like Captain Marvel too, but Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and Batwoman are awesome as hell. Especially the latter two.

But Captain Marvel is a step in the right direction for Marvel's female heroes. Marvel when you compare it to DC is such a sausage fest.

Just nasty.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By SupBatz

I'd love to see a female team title sometime in the future. Sure, we've got Birds of Prey but that title hasn't impressed me since the reboot. Plus, I'd rather see a more "Justice League" sort of team. Possible members being Mera, Powergirl, Huntress, Hawkwoman, and Black Canary.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sethysquare

@queenfrost_ said:

@sethysquare: I think that is even more reason to have more women on the JL. If they know these female orientated comics are selling, why not add some women to the team rather than giving women their own separate comic series such as 'ame comi girls' and 'birds of prey'

perhaps DC tends to build up individual characters more in their own book? Yes, more women in JL would definitely be celebrated. But sometimes putting certain characters in a book exclusively helps the book to stay afloat because should the book get cancelled, fans wont get to see that character any more. Which is why I think its cool that Starfire is solely on RHATO. Would definitely like to see her cameo in as many books as possible, but many not join the team.

Perhaps if they were to add characters like Lady Luck or Elemental women who isn't already in a team, that would be much more meaningful. To me.

@Twentyfive said:

@sethysquare said:

Awesome post, my friend. I like Captain Marvel too, but Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and Batwoman are awesome as hell. Especially the latter two.

But Captain Marvel is a step in the right direction for Marvel's female heroes. Marvel when you compare it to DC is such a sausage fest.

Just nasty.

Captain Marvel is pretty average and its getting cancelled soon. I wished they gave Hickman and Aja, Captain Marvel instead. Now its just heading for cancellation.

Anyhows, were you expecting T7 to be in the past forever? :P

@Twentyfive said:

@sethysquare: Holy cow, man (not sarcastic). Excuse my absent-mindedness. I had no clue T7 was going to go to the present. That's crazy. So they're going to scrounge up Waller from wherever the heck she is and make her join again? That sounds cool. I would like it for them to have a bitterness toward each other like "Why sholud I join you again Lance, after what happened back then?" or whatever. You know what I mean?

And yeah I agree with you on Vixen. I want some A-List (if DC has any of them) world heroes from places like Japan, and Canada, and Brazil joining the GG. DC needs to do that. I can see it now. They need to create new heroes too.

My desired roster for Global Guardians would be

Captain Atom

Vixen

August General in Iron

Booster

Olympian

Red Star

Fire/Ice

Blue Beetle (if he isn't joining threshold)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sethysquare

@SmashBrawler said:

@sethysquare said:

DC has

Batgirl

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Catwoman

Amethyst

Birds of Prey

Worlds Finest

Ame Comi Girls

and Katana

Uhm, im not turning this into a DC vs Marvel thread. But since the OP compared Marvel females to DC females, I'm just showing some facts that both company works differently. DC focuses on their solos while marvel don't and its not fair to compare the no. of female characters in team books between both companies. Even so, other than JL, most of the team books are very diverse

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Catsnlynne

I vote for making Justice league and Justice League of America an all Mens club.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SUNMAN

As far as female heroins go I've always seen DC as doing a superior job to marvel. Not that Marvel doesn't try, but you look at the track records over the last 20 years and I'd give the nod to DC.

I know people are all hyped for Marvel Now, but marvels essentially tried this before with the Ms. Marvel series, Lady Liberators, Spider-Woman and a few other titles. So for fans of the new titles keep your fingers crossed that things go diferently, either marvel is marketing better, has better team son the books or the comic market has changed since the last time marvel tried to launch titles like these. Also Avengers has a roster of over twenty so I don't see it as being that uneven.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Skaddix

Well lets see Uncanny Avengers: Cap A, Thor, Wanda, Rogue, Wolverine, Havok, Wasp, Wonder Man, and Sunfire

vs JLA: Martian Manhunter, Trevor, Vibe, Katana, New GL, Stargirl, Hawkman, Catwoman and Green Arrow

JL: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman, and Shazam. Yeah so next 2 need to be females Element Woman and Mera maybe.

Omen14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Omen14

Fire and Ice would be good add-ons because of the JLI's recent ending

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By colonyofcells

I hope Black Canary can rejoin the Justice League. Can also promote more former Titans to the Justice League such as Starfire and Raven. Like Stargirl, the Justice League can also try more females from the old Justice Society such as Kendra, cyclone, liberty belle. If DC reboots the Legion into the 21st century, the Justice League can use Phantom Girl, Princess Projectra, Dawnstar, White Witch. danielle foccart, catspaw, kinetix, monstress, jazmin cullen (no relation to the vampires).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#45  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

U should count the women in JL Dark. I think Avengers need more women than JL does.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@TheCowman: no that's just her stage costume

i think if they do add more female characters it should for better stories not just for the sake of demographics... and Zatanna should stay put with the JLD

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RustyRoy

Numbers don't matter,its the character itself that matters. Wonder Woman outweighs any number of female superheroes. Anyway if anyone has to join the team then I nominate Mera,she has proved herself to be equal to Arthur thus proving equal to any other member of the JL.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@colonyofcells said:

I hope Black Canary can rejoin the Justice League. Can also promote more former Titans to the Justice League such as Starfire and Raven. Like Stargirl, the Justice League can also try more females from the old Justice Society such as Kendra, cyclone, liberty belle. If DC reboots the Legion into the 21st century, the Justice League can use Phantom Girl, Princess Projectra, Dawnstar, White Witch. danielle foccart, catspaw, kinetix, monstress, jazmin cullen (no relation to the vampires).

Kendra is on earth 2 so that wont happen

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By colonyofcells

If the earth 2 title is cancelled, this might pave the way to reboot Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Kendra Munoz Saunders, Al Pratt, Terry Sloane, Dr Fate, Solomon Grundy, Wotan, etc. back into the main earth where they can be more useful. For example, if Justice League needs more females, can try Kendra Munoz Saunders or other old characters like Helena Kosmatos, Yolanda Montez, Beth Chapel. Rebecca Tyler.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Earth 2 will NEVER EVER be cancelled can I hear an amen somebody?

No Caption Provided