#1 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was thinking about the JL movie and what it is going to be about....I asked...How will a JL movie top MOS in the level of action...I mean look what Superman vs Zod did...I can only imagine what it can be like with 6 other people backing him up...Well maybe it might be a little more contained because of that.

But who shall the villain be? Darkseid? Brainiac? Those 2 seem to be the only logical conclusions. Zod was in space for 33 years, maybe he saw something, maybe he meet someone....who knows?

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon battle against Brainac and a legion on mind controlled villains.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Whoever they use in the other movies.

#5 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

The villain should either be Darkseid (the plot could be roughly based on New 52 arc 1, but with more character development) or Vandal Savage (If they want to save Darkseid for a sequel, to raise the threat level and make it a grand finale). Vandal would have to be written well, though, so the League wouldn't have the power to crush him immediately. I think Brainiac should be saved for Man Of Steel sequels.

#6 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

How will it top MoS in terms of action?

Easy. Variety. I loved MoS. I loved the action scenes but at one point in the fighting I really wanted them to tone it down. It was 20 minutes of flying and punching and buildings falling. It was cool, don't get me wrong but the problem was that both Superman and Zod had like the same powers.

It's not a problem in a Justice League (as shown in Avengers). There's about 5-7 heroes, most likely fighting an army. All of them of have different powers and fighting styles (Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern). I would prefer an army to back up the main villain (Darkseid's army or Brainiac's robots). That way you don't have 5-7 heroes trying to fight one person at the same time. Superman and WW can go after the big villain while Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern fight off the army and protect citizens. I can imagine it. It'll be awesome. Batman evacuating citizens out of the streets, Flash putting out a fire and running in to save someone from a falling building, and Green Lantern creating force fields around the people!

#8 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and this. :) If they have to fight a team of supervillains (Crime Syndicate of America, The Secret Six, Injustice League etc...). Each hero could partner up against a villain.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: That sounds pretty cool. Darkseid or Brainiac might be connected to Zod somehow...Maybe.

#10 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace darksied for the second or third film. If u use him first it's only downhill in terms of villains for the justiceleague

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Darkseid for the second film. I was thinking of having a team of supervillains for the 3rd. By that time, most of the iconic heroes/villains would have showed up in the movies. Imagine a movie with Black Adam, Lex Luthor, Joker/Harley, Deathstroke, Cheetah and Sinestro! A bunch of villains in one movie usually causes a problem but that's because the villains are unrelated to each other and just create too many side plots. A group of villains working together from the get-go with one purpose (and probably with Joker/Harley steering off having fun) could work.

#12 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Darkseid coming to Earth just to conquer it would be too cheesy a reason. If the villain was Darkseid, they could probably explain his reasons for coming to Earth in any movie before JL, but if JL is the next movie coming, it could work something like this:

Darkseid is the dictator of the alien planet known as "Colu" (In the comics, Colu is the planet Brainiac comes from, but they shouldn't use the name Apokalips because of its stupid pronunciation. They could just never call it by its name or it could just be unpronounceable in English). "Colu" was once just as advanced as Krypton and part of an interplanetary alliance with it, an alliance which includes all the planets protected by the Green Lantern Corps. Eventually, the son of "Colu's" leader killed his father as part of a takeover, a takeover far more successful than Zod's, which we saw in MOS. He turned the government into a dictatorship and enslaved most members of his planet, thinking their lives worthless and making them the equivalent of the comic's Lowlies. A large percentage of the rest of the population were drafted into the planet's army (Parademons). The Dictator (named Uxar, or at least I think that was Darseid's name) became unsatisfied with this, so began searching through the ancient myths of "Colu" to discover the secrets of a powerful force hidden by the ancestors of "Colu," a force known in the comics as the Omega Effect. He discovers the source of this power and harnesses it into himself. He begins to develop incredible power, but it begins to turn him demon-like. Over the centuries, it possesses him more and more until he is the complete embodiment of evil and has powers similar to a god. He spends his days spreading destroying as much life as he can. Somehow, either because of the terra-forming or the use of Kryptonian technology (maybe the ships use Boom-tubes for hyperspace) Earth attracts his attention.

That's a very rough idea of how it could work that gives Darkseid more character. I really loved volume 1 of JL New 52, but Darkseid had like four lines ("I AM DARKSEID," "He is MINE. As is your WORLD," "YOU WILL FALL," and "I WILL RETUR---."

#14 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Darkseid coming to Earth to conquer it would be a rip off the Avengers plot... Plus Zod already tried to kill everyone and turn it into Krypton. Hmm...Brainiac...

#15 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I tend to agree but IMO they should save darksied for last. Imagine that the first film is braniac, the second is the team of villains that ends with Lois dying, superman disappears into space and exiles himself. Then darksied comes to earth and when supes hears one of his teammates in trouble he flies to earth and then the supes v darksied fight begins. But that's jut my opinion. What do you think?

#16 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Darkseid's motivation is the Anti-Life equation.

Quoted from Comicvine:

Darkseid's greatest ambition is to eliminate all free will from the universe and reshape it into his own image. To this end, he seeks to unravel the mysterious Anti-Life Equation, which will give him complete control over the thoughts and emotions of all living beings in the universe. While he has yet to obtain a working copy of the Anti-Life Equation, Darkseid has tried on several other occasions to achieve dominance of the universe through other methods. He has a special interest in Earth, as he believes humans possess collectively within their minds most, if not all, fragments of the Anti-Life Equation. Darkseid intends to probe the minds of every human in order to piece together the Equation.

@sog7dc: that's actually a pretty good idea. The only thing is, that I really wanted Brainiac for a solo Superman film. But Brainiac could still be a great villain for JL. Well either way, Darkseid and the team of villains could all work for a 2nd or 3rd movie. But you're right. Darkseid would probably be best for the 3rd movie. Also if they do Darkseid for the 2nd, it'll look like they're copying Avengers 2 (Thanos).

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Yeah and we all know there will be at least 3 (Hollywood loves their trilogies) and they could always go with a white Martian invasion or a luthor+braniac movie and leave braniac for a superman film

#18 Edited by Captain13 (3018 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you top a 40 minute fight sxene? Shoot a 50 minute fight scenea! wIt that sounds awful...

#19 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Wonder how that will translate to the big screen. I really doubt they would use Darkseid though. Because of Thanos.

#20 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: no White Martians. Large alien army invasions are too typical and Avengers already did that. I was thinking Vandal Savage, or Despero, or Mongul (with War World).

First movie should consist of: Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Hal Jordan, and Aquaman. All of these heroes should have a solo film before the JL movie. I love how the Justice League New 52 series did it. Hal Jordan runs into Batman while fighting little ships that Warworld has sent to Earth. Hal Jordan thinks Batman is pathetic with no powers. He calls Flash for back-up, since they are friends and Superman comes charging at Jordan and Batman, thinking they are bad guys. They explain themselves and team-up to fight. Wonder Woman makes her entrance and Aquaman makes his entrance out of the ocean, calling in huge sea monsters to eat the ships. This would probably be a SHORT fight. The fight at the end in Warworld would be a little longer. WW and Supes fight Mongul, and the others fend off his ships and armies inside. Villain: Mongul

Second movie should consist of: the first team, plus Cyborg and Martian Manhunter. Villain: some kind of team of villains. Most of the villains should be introduced before in previous movies

Third movie should consist of: the previous team, plus Captain Marvel and Red Tornado. Drop Cyborg (he can show up in a Teen Titans movie, since he's like 19 in the movies and feels more comfortable on the Titans). I want to add Green Arrow but the team's big already and he won't be much use. Villain: Darkseid

I can post my ideas for solo DC films later.

@captain13 When I saw Man of Steel again, the fight scenes were only 20 minutes (same as the Avengers). a JL movie wouldn't necessarily mean and longer fight, just more variety and more heroes.

#21 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

Made my edit!

#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Superman vs Zod was only 7 minutes long.

#23 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Here are my ideas, if you wanna read them.

MoS: this one is finished, of course.

MoS 2: Lex Luthor, a successful businessman in Metropolis donates money to rebuild the city and makes himself a loved public icon. Secretly, Luthor is growing a hatred for Superman (a few months as passed since MoS 1). He uses all his time and research for space explorations and manages to stumble upon Brainiac. He calls in Brainiac to Earth and tells him about Superman. Brainiac will defeat Superman in exchange for Earth's secrets and knowledge. Brainiac turns on Luthor and prepares to conquer Earth and shrink cities (like he has done before). Superman stops him, blah blah blah. He doesn't know that Luthor was the brains behind it all. At the end, we see Luthor shake hands with Amanda Waller. Camera shows a door saying "Project Cadmus." This can lead to multiple possible story lines in the future. After credits scenes should show him meeting Wonder Woman.

MoS 3: Project Cadmus creates Doomsday, who fights Superman. Superman, as we all know, dies. But comes back due to comic book plot devices haha. Luthor is enraged and decides to take on Superman himself. He builds a power suit and aims to defeat Superman once and for all.

Batman: Dick Grayson's origin explained. Bruce recruits him as Robin. No need to explain Batman's origin story. For character depth you probably want to at least mention his origin. Maybe watching Grayson's parents die at the circus can trigger a 10 second flashback of Bruce screaming and his parents dying, with his mom's pearls falling on the ground. He has been a crime fighter for a year now and is still just a myth to most people. He establishes contact with the GCPD (also a short introduction to Barbara Gordon). Batman tells them about strange suicides of rich and famous men. Poison Ivy has been killing rich men. Batman does detective work, figuring out that every man in the suicides were wealthy factory owners who have recently built new factories in place of rain forests. A mind controlled Clayface comes after Bruce Wayne because Wayne Enterprises has destroyed rain forests in the past. Wayne and Grayson hold him off, just barely. He follows trails of clay residue and he finds Poison Ivy, who poisons him. Even though Batman told Robin to stay home, he comes to rescue and helps him grab a bottle of antidote that he dropped. They fight Ivy's monstrous plants and arrest her.

Batman 2: Starts off with Jason Todd as Robin fighting alongside Batman. (Dick Grayson is explored more in Nightwing spin-off released somewhere around the same time as Batman 2). Explain his origin. Joker and Harley break out of Arkham (assume that everyone knows that Joker. It is explained that the Joker and Batman have met for the first time a couple months before and Joker wants more of the "fun"). The Joker kidnaps Todd and kills him while Harley cheerfully watches. And I don't know how I can do this storyline without Ra's al Ghul...maybe Batman, desperate to bring back Todd, searches for something. He finds the Lazarus pit through stories and rumors from sources outside of the country. Much to his dismay, Todd becomes full of anger and runs away. A couple months pass and a mysterious Red Hood comes by. Batman goes to stop him, only to find that he is Jason! And you know the rest. Follow the "Under the Red Hood" story line. Todd wants to kill Joker while Batman tries to stop him. Harley is just there, trying to protect her Mister J. lol

Batman 3: Tim Drake as Robin. He finds out Batman's identity and sneaks into the Bat cave. A new villain, the Riddler has appeared. And Drake, being the smart Robin helps Batman solve riddles and navigate through a riddle-filled maze (from BTAS episode: "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?"). I want to see Riddler in the trilogy and pair him up against Tim Drake but I don't think he's a threatening enough villain for the final movie...

EDIT: Court of the Owls instead of the Riddler. I like the Riddler a lot but don't know how he would appear to the general audience. He doesn't seem threatening enough.

Batman finds the Court of the Owls and barely escapes their trap. He confronts them at his home. We get to see his awesome Batsuit like in the comic books. The Owls launch an all out attack on the people of Gotham. Since it's the 3rd movie, it'll be great to see the entire Bat family (with a few exception) on the silver screen. Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood, and Tim Drake fight off Owls in all parts of Gotham!

Wonder Woman: Villain: Ares. A young WW trains with Ares and wins the competition to become WW. She travels to the outside world and meets Steve Trevor. She finds out that Ares has taken over Themyscira and she goes back, defeating him.

Wonder Woman 2: Villain: Cheetah and Circe.

Flash: Villain: The Rogues. This is Barry Allen as Flash. Cameo to Wally West as his nephew.

Flash 2: Villain: Gorilla Grodd.

Green Lantern 2 (Hal Jordan) : Villain: Sinestro. No need to reboot. Just change the cast a little and get a new director/writer. Sinestro creates the Sinestro Corps and aims to create "order" in the universe

Nightwing & Batgirl: Dick and Barbara fight Blockbuster and Bane. Skeptical on this idea. Dick finds out that Batman villain Bane has been trading Venom steroids with Desmond (Blockbuster). Batman is busy with the Joker at Gotham City so Dick skips out on a dinner date with Barbara to capture Bane. This is not the first time. Barbara is angry and follows Dick. She finds him taking out a Nightwing costume. Nightwing goes to fight Bane but gets hurt badly and barely gets away. Barbara finds him injured the next day and decides to become Batgirl. Barbara Gordon finds out that Desmond is creating some kind of super Venom. When they infiltrate Desmond's lab, he injects himself and becomes the monster Blockbuster.

Teen Titans: use Tim Drake instead. I want to see more of Tim Drake and plus Dick has the Nightwing & Batgirl movie. Drake doesn't get a big role in Batman 3: Court of the Owls either. The team consists of Drake, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Kid Flash. Villain: Deathstroke.

Green Arrow: Villain: Count Vertigo?

#24 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Just use teamwork in the fights. Could you imagine Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman fighting white Martians in super speed. That would be awesome! Plus each character has their own fighting style they could incorporate.

#25 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

These three fights are key examples of what the fight scenes should be like.

#26 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian huh?

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#28 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I think they should use Darkseid for the third movie based off of Final Crisis. Just make a Trinity movie, introducing Darkeid. With them going to Apokilips to get Supergirl, or someone else.

#29 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Let's see what they announce, SDCC is around the corner. Hopefully a MOS sequel and Flash and WW movie for 2015.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is too much of a Thanos rip off, at least to general audiences. They need someone different. I'd like to think that an Injustice League/Secret Society would work but honestly too much would be going on with all those characters. Thus they should take it in a completely different direction for a Justice League movie IMO. Have either Doctor Destiny. Felix Faust, Despero or Starbreaker as the foe.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (13674 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the first villain of the team shouldn't be Darkseid.It would be better if they go all original on things and put Starro as the villain.But they should put a good design on the creatures and with that they can have some good action.With Darkseid the JL movie will probably top the action that was in MoS but if they go with Starro they simply can't.

#32 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Darkseid is too much of a Thanos rip off, at least to general audiences. They need someone different. I'd like to think that an Injustice League/Secret Society would work but honestly too much would be going on with all those characters. Thus they should take it in a completely different direction for a Justice League movie IMO. Have either Doctor Destiny. Felix Faust, Despero or Starbreaker as the foe.

Brainiac.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@lvenger said:

Brainiac.

I want Brainiac as the MOS 2 villain. He's a Superman rogue, not a Justice League foe to me.

#34 Edited by drgnx (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

They smash more buildings and let more people die and get more complaints from critics!

Srsly, Darkseid, Ares, or Ring bearing Hank Henshaw = insta-awesomeness

#35 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Could have braniac for JL and MoS. No but seriously I want to see Braniac somewhere in these movies.

#36 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@sandman_ said:

@lvenger said:

Brainiac.

I want Brainiac as the MOS 2 villain. He's a Superman rogue, not a Justice League foe to me.

That's not gonna happen, it will be just another alien invasion. Save that for JL or MOS3.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (20728 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and this. :) If they have to fight a team of supervillains (Crime Syndicate of America, The Secret Six, Injustice League etc...). Each hero could partner up against a villain.

I WANT to see something like this.

But if the villain is indeed Darkseid, it will probably be the League fighting hordes of Parademons.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@lvenger said:

@sandman_ said:

@lvenger said:

Brainiac.

That's not gonna happen, it will be just another alien invasion. Save that for JL or MOS3.

Yeah but then as you said, it becomes another alien invasion. Too much like Avengers or Man of Steel.

#39 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

SPACE BATTLES! IN SPACE!

#40 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: They would have to announce something I would think.

#41 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yes, but it fits better for JL. Its already a given that JL is gonna be an alien invasion.

#43 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: @lvenger: They should have Lex Luthor for MOS 2 and Brainiac for MOS 3. If they use Brainiac for 2 it will just seem like another alien invasion, way too soon. They DEFINITELY shouldn't use Brainiac for JL, he's a Superman villain, not a JL villain. I would be fine with seeing Vandal Savage, Despero, or Darkseid for JL.

#44 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Lex IS gonna be in MOS 2. The way it ended set him up, I just hope we have Parasite or Metallo to back him up. Brainiac will either be in MOS 3 or JL.

#45 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated the action in MoS. The best parts were with the kid and Kevin Costner- THAT woulda been a great movie... "Superboy, The Forging of the Man of Steel"

#46 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: But then that'll start a trope of how superhero teams always need aliens to form.

#47 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Unfortunately...That's the only way to join everyone to create the JL.