What do you think about this:

Ryan Reynolds Ben Affleck Henry Cavill Gemma Arterton Bradley Cooper

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Nah, I want to see new people other than returning cavil and afflec. Diana could be played by a Maxim model who can act.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

ryan reynolds needs to stay in romantic comedys. him and blake lively(an ironic last name for her) RUINED that movie

BladeStorke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BladeStorke

@cuddlebear: Dude that's not true! The movie wasnt like the Dark Knight or something but I still liked it. Ryan Reynolds was a great Hal Jordan and the whole cast was awesome. The problem with that movie was the script, NOT the actors!

P.S- If you think Ryan Reynolds cant act you need to see "Buried", he was AWESOME in that and he was even good in Blade 3 (just because the movie is bad it doesnt mean the cast was bad).

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...you must hate the Flash to want him to be played by Bradley Cooper.

I think first of all, since marvel is trying to be more diverse with their casting, so will DC. Hal Jordan may be the original, but he hardly the most popular. John Stewart is the best way to go here. Now who should play Stewart? Idk, I'm not aware to many black actors, Idris Elba seems like the logical choice but I don't see it happening for some reason.

For the Flash? You want someone, first of all who actually fits the role. And when I think of the Flash..I think of a few people. One, Supernatural's Jensen Ackles. Not sure how well he'd translate to the big screen..but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for him. He's one of TV's best actors who can really take you into that characters mind..like you know him. Like he is him, he makes you beileve it. He's a ladies man, and is hilarious when he wants to be. Who does that sound like? The Flash.

For Wonder Woman, I think your choice makes since. Sadly there's not really a great selection of young beautiful action star females. Jolie in her prime wouldve made a great WW but that would be then, this would be now. I would also say Emelia Clarke from GoT if she wasn't so short. Of course Tom Hardy is 5'8 an played Bane..and I guess he used some kind of platform boots? Not sure. All I know is she's the right mix of beautiful and bada**!!

BladeStorke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BladeStorke

@commander_kane: How can you say Bradley Cooper is a bad choice for Flash? Bradley is for me one of the best actors right now (you can see him in the hangover that he can pull off a comedy and in limitless that he can be serious). And I dont understand what's why everyone wants Jensen Ackles for EVERYTHING, I mean, google him as any superhero and someone made a pic of him. The problem with TV actors are that the public wont go to see someone in the movies that they can see in TV for free (Im serious:START IN 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1kcOOhD7BA)

And WB wont go with John Stewart because they know comic book nerds can rip they apart if they'll change John Stewart's origins AND the whole Justice League's origins. Another reason they wont use him is most of the people that goes to this movies arent comic book fans and they dont know who John Stewart is! Most people are familiar with Hal Jordan from the movie (yes, most people dont watch Justice League cartoons). Its like Batman Beyond, the public know that Bruce Wayne is Batman and they wont go to a movie with someone other then Bruce Wayne as batman.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok first, you give Bradley Cooper way to much credit for a mediocre movie. Limitless? Come on dude. Secondly, he wasn't even funny in the Hangover..his supporting cast made him funny. Seriously, these are your qualifications for the flash? It doesn't matter what some video tells you. Some people are just luckier than others, a lot of movie stars got their big break from TV shows. It just has to be done right. We're not just Dean fanboys, we see true superhero potential in him. And obviously somebody saw it with him, he was almost Cap. But couldn't make room for it because he only gets a short break from Supernatural, and had a family. Not saying he had it in the bag, but he was in there. Also not saying he's the only one that deserves a shot at Flash. But come on, the are 500 people who coul do a better job than Bradley Cooper

Secondly..your GL argument is pointless is well. Your saying the mainstream audience knows Hal Jordan because of the movie. Well if that's the case, would they not know John Stewart after a movie. GL isn't just one guy, people obviously know from the first movie it's a Galactic Police Force. So it wouldn't be that shocking there's someone besides him. Ryan Reynolds GL doesn't fit into the Snyder universe. Give it up. Only person I want from that movie in the Snyder universe is Mark Strong as Sinestro. Reynolds can take his cheesy jokes and go hangout with his fellow overated actor Bradley Cooper

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How about Lance Reddick as the Martian Manhunter? And I think you should replace Gemma Arterton with Bridget Regan...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I still think I want all 7 members in the JLA, regardless if it means I got to wait longer.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Batman ~ Christian Bale

Superman ~ Henry Cavill

Wonder Woman ~ Bridget Regan

Flash ~ Mark Valley

Green Lantern ~ Ryan Reynolds

Aquaman ~ Josh Holloway

Martian Manhunter ~ Dennis Haysbert

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

John Stewart options:

Boris Kodjoe
Boris Kodjoe
Omari Hardwick
Omari Hardwick
Charles Michael Davis
Charles Michael Davis
Siqua Walls
Siqua Walls
Gaius Charles
Gaius Charles
Mehcad Brooks
Mehcad Brooks
Aldis Hodge
Aldis Hodge

Chadwick Boseman
Chadwick Boseman
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain13

Flash options:

Armie Hammer
Armie Hammer
Ryan Gosling
Ryan Gosling
Jake Gyllehaal
Jake Gyllehaal
Chris Pine
Chris Pine
Scott Porter
Scott Porter
Mike Vogel
Mike Vogel
Charlie Hunnam
Charlie Hunnam

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't really see who the girl for WW is but I've always thought Bradley Cooper as Flash would be an awesome and interesting take on the character. I think he'd be great at it. The only thing is that Barry is all about being honest, kind, and caring. He is the true Superhero of Superheros, I wonder if Bradley would be able to capture that because the dude is just such a bad ass.

For GL...has anyone seen Pacific Rim? The main character in that would make a great Hal Jordan.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Charlie Hunnam for the Flash and chris pine for Green Lantern Everything else is good. Or maybe idris elba for john stewert

smcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Rachel Weisz too old for Wonder Woman?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By fodigg

@beerminator1 said:

How about Lance Reddick as the Martian Manhunter? And I think you should replace Gemma Arterton with Bridget Regan...

No Caption Provided

This is a fantastic idea. Of course, I'd watch Lance Reddick in just about anything. You could suggest him as Superman, Red Tornado, Katana, or Black Canary and I'd still give it a thumbs up.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

Superman- Henry Cavill

Batman- Ben Affleck

Wonder Woman- Gemma Arterton

Hal Jordan- Chris Pine

Barry Allen- Scott Speedman

Aquaman- Ben Foster

BladeStorke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU ALL NEED TO UNDERSTAND: WB IS ONLY USING 5 CHARACTERS: SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN

@jrock72 Christian Bale?? Why?? Ben Affleck is the new Batman, you need to realize that!

@captain13 They wont use John Stewart, his origin story cant be told with out changing it AND the whole Jutice League's origins. And Armie Hammer as Flash, are you serious? Just because he's blonde?

@commander_kane Dude, WORK ON YOUR GRAMMAR! I'm sure you are an awsome guy but I dont think you know anything about movies and actors (maybe you are, I dont know you). Bradley Cooper is a great actor, you can see him in movies like "silver linings playbook" or "the a team". And JUST BECAUSE A MOVIE IS BAD IN YOUR OPINION IT DOESNT MEAN THAT THE ACTOR IS BAD!! Like Ryan Reynolds, he is a great actor but people think he is bad because of the movies he's in (watch this, and yes, this ae the same people from the last video, but they are right:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LzGUIddT4)

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Commander_Kane

@bladestorke: Nice, take a cheap shot at my grammar, which has nothing to do with the argument. And um..if there were anything wrong with my grammar there it was definetly my iPhone. And look, I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough. I was NO way saying Bradley Cooper is a bad actor. Nor Ryan Reynolds. I simply stated that they are the most generic pics you could possibly have for the flash and green lantern. You look at some movies today, and there's just no originality anymore. Lets put somebody who's kind've popular now. And we all know the Mainstream audience mostly knows Cooper for The Hangover. Limitless was good..but forgettable. A-Team, same thing. Now REMEMBER I'm speaking for the general audience..not myself here. I'm not really sure about the other movie you brought up, I'll have to check it out. But you have to atleast try and see where I'm coming from here. It's like when they picked Affleck to play Batman. Although I'm still on the edge about it. I've grown on the idea a bit. He's done some really amazing things lately. That was a BOLD decision to give him that role, that took balls. That makes me interested to really go see how he does. But when I hear Cooper for Flash (My favorite hero, btw) I can't help but feel like it doesn't fit. If you truly think he deserves the role, I hope he gets a shot to prove me wrong. I just don't think he'd give anything but an "Ok" performance. Just like Ryan gave an "Ok" performance in GL. DC can't afford another movie like that, and shouldn't take the risk with Reynolds. And again, they are going to need atleast one African American actor in here. Marvels universe is going to have Falcon, Black Panther, they already have War Machine. And it's also rumored Michael B. Jordan from the Wire will be casted to play the human torch in the F4 reboot. What better way than to do something different and use John Stewart instead of Hal? Trust me, people will go regardless. I want a great movie, and I'm sure you do as well.

Also I'll add this because I almost forgot. Ik actors don't always get control over the production and script. There are amazing actors in bad movies. But I was being a little biased with my first post. I was having a bad day lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anytime you wanted you could switch Reynolds and Cooper and wouldn't make a difference.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Captain13

@bladestorke: Barry is serious and not jokey like Wally, so I do think Armie Hammer is a viable option.

John Stewart founded the league with no negative repercussions before, and most online polls support his inclusion over Hal.

http://www.comicvine.com/john-stewart/4005-10451/forums/according-to-ign-fans-john-stewart-should-be-the-m-1473012/#94

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?457700-Justice-League-Movie-and-Green-Lantern-Reboot-John-Stewart-or-Hal-Jordan

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?465444-Justice-League-Movie-Which-Green-Lantern-Hal-Guy-John-Kyle-or-Simon

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/07/05/how-a-justice-league-film-can-top-the-avengers-diversity/

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/07/25/justice-league-5-heroes-that-need-a-solo-film/

And turn it down a notch.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@bladestorke:

Sorry I'm a Christian Bale fan. Don't need to be such a jerk about it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@justthatkid: I want the guy who played Gus Frieg in Breaking Bad to be Martian Manhunter.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gemma Arterton would be the ideal choice for Wonder Woman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I want the guy who played Gus Frieg in Breaking Bad to be Martian Manhunter.

He'd be awesome, possibly the best choice for MM.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_kane: why Stewart he was just a stand In really not much charector Hal has evolved and sines taro makes a better villian. Plus we can get blackest night with him.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Mike Vogel for The Flash/Barry Allen he actually looks like Francis Manapul to draw him. I would actually argue that The Flash could be the easier for WB to cast, the others particularly Wonder Woman would be hard to cast because the way she looks and acts.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Captain13

@redleader1: You can tell Blackest Night with John like you can do Dark Knight Returns without Carrie Kelly (See Nolan's DKR). And he is interesting. Fan polls show he is the most popular Lantern to appear in future movies. Watch JLU or read Van Jensen's Green Lantern Corps.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I watched all of the jla animate stuff but still fan polls don't show how something can work that's just a popularity contest also the John in the dcau is based off Hal in a lot of ways. Also Hal just has more to him stop changing stories to use a charector that does not make the story any better. And dark knight rises is not franks dkr it has parallels but is more of a knightfall and no mans land mixed with dkr thing. Also Nolan's did not work as Carrie is important cause Jason had died so he quit it gives emotional depth which Nolan did not have much of in that movie. It's like saying that the 89 movie is the killing joke with no babs it's just not the same only a few similaritys.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: it's about a man who is dying but goes to drugs to make money for treatment and his family but becomes obsessed with the drug empire he made.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I watched all of the jla animate stuff but still fan polls don't show how something can work that's just a popularity contest also the John in the dcau is based off Hal in a lot of ways. Also Hal just has more to him stop changing stories to use a charector that does not make the story any better. And dark knight rises is not franks dkr it has parallels but is more of a knightfall and no mans land mixed with dkr thing. Also Nolan's did not work as Carrie is important cause Jason had died so he quit it gives emotional depth which Nolan did not have much of in that movie. It's like saying that the 89 movie is the killing joke with no babs it's just not the same only a few similaritys.

Actually, his personality is different from Hal in every interpretation--even the cartoon. He's not some cocky pilot. You should read his current series and educate yourself. And the DCAU is proof Hal is completely unnecessary to the DCU.

Also, these movie are adaptations. There is no reason not to use the most popular characters--including John Stewart. Heck, Cyborg replaced Aquaman in Justice League Doom, and no one complained. In this case, people are begging for John.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I'm saying that fan votes mean make better stories and guess what the dcau came before the new 52. The John of the time was not a respectable soldier so elements of Hal went into him. Also Hal is just more used so he has more charector to go from.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Captain13

@redleader1 said:

@captain13: I'm saying that fan votes mean make better stories and guess what the dcau came before the new 52. The John of the time was not a respectable soldier so elements of Hal went into him. Also Hal is just more used so he has more charector to go from.

Actually the soldier thing came from war machine--not hal, the cocky test pilot. And there are no limits to the stories one can tell with John. He's been part of soft sci fi, weird sci fi, and everything in between.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By redleader1

@captain13: you act like Hal can't be used to tell good stories also war machines in marvel so why would they do that. And if a good writer can make John good in any storie it does not mean make him batman instead if Bruce or what now make him princess Diana because if major tweaks can make a semi decent storie than its fine come on. Also Hal is more likable in charector so if you have a guy who if you tweak him he can work in a storie or a guy who is know to work in these stories. Your sounding like those batman can beat anyone people. And don't forget I like John it's just why not hal.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Captain13

@captain13: you act like Hal can't be used to tell good stories also war machines in marvel so why would they do that. And if a good writer can make John good in any storie it does not mean make him batman instead if Bruce or what now make him princess Diana because if major tweaks can make a semi decent storie than its fine come on. Also Hal is more likable in charector so if you have a guy who if you tweak him he can work in a storie or a guy who is know to work in these stories. Your sounding like those batman can beat anyone people. And don't forget I like John it's just why not hal.

If Hal is more likable, the why is John more popular? John is a better leader, better lantern, and better character for the dynamic of the group. People have gotten sick of Hal, who was removed from the team in the 1st year, who had a major movie bomb (making Warner apprehensive about him), who has had his toys fail to sell (making retailers apprehensive about all things related to Green Lantern), and who had a tv show fail. This shows it would be better to forget Hal, and use the better John. And DCAU proves the Hal is not really required in the DCU for it to make sense or to be successful.

Also, Bruce Timm added elements of War Machine because War Machine had a popular series in the 1980s. He also admitted to thinking of Samuel L. Jackson as inspiration. Nothing about John is like Hal, unless you can't tell the difference between strategic, heroic marines and cocky test pilots.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By redleader1

@captain13: you don't get it do u, your a John fan so you can tell that others are good and can be written better. Why in hell would u make it John if u want a continuing story. Hal is not defined by that movie and plus what fans say does not matter as u said a writer can make changes good. Why can't u comprehend that the dcau and the new 52 versions being good make hal a terrible lantern. Also your saying John is better that's proof that u can't exept that anyone but your favorite can be in the movie. Sometime u have to suck it up and let writers do their job not be a unbearable fanboy.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Captain13

@redleader1: Lol, John is better because he has better relationships with the team and because he is popular, obviously. Hal wasn't even a good lantern pre-new 52. He just rushes into things while Geoff Johns w**** his ****. It sounds like you're the bigger fanboy for not being able to understand Hal doesn't sell and is not the most popular lantern, so should not be used. I'm done.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: how am I the fanboy I never read Hal's book plus this is all opinion plus I like John more.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lance Reddick as martian manhunter would be cool.

Henry Cavill as superman

i want Jamie Alexander for Wonder Woman

Chris pine as the Flash he was good in Smokin Aces

Ben affleck as Batman

Alexander skarsgaard as Aquaman.

David Oyelwo as John Stewart