#1 Edited by FutureScreenwriter (14 posts) - - Show Bio

With Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel, do you think they'll keep Justice League grounded, darker, realistic, and relatable, as they did with Batman and Superman? With Marvel's The Avengers, it was made to be opposite, but do you think JL will go the route Marvel made or keep it on a darker more realistic edge?

#2 Posted by noj (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

WB is obviously going for the darker more realistic tone but it will be more Man of Steel and less Dark Knight Trilogy. Whatever new Batman we will see will be far less realistic than the Dark Knight Batman but not over the top.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

pepole overestimate how realistic the Dark Knight actually was

#4 Posted by FutureScreenwriter (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to add, what would you like to see with these JL members being dark and realistic? Like Wonder Woman? Flash? Martian Manhunter? Green Lantern?

#5 Edited by Captain13 (3314 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by RustyRoy (11873 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash isn't supposed to be Dark and MoS more grounded and relatable than Marvel movies? You're kidding, right?

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call it 'darker' - it's just that the DC movies tend to take their subject matter more seriously, and try to look at it from a more real-world point of view, as opposed to the MCU movies, that embrace the explosive superheroics and escapist nature of comics.

If they went down this route with a JL movie, I'd imagine they would play up the whole 'heroes as gods among men' type aspect - emphasizing how the League is Earth's first line of defense, not a superhero team, but an assembly of the world's most powerful men and women. Morrison once put it this way: the X-Men are a school, the Avengers a football team, but the Justice League is a pantheon of gods.

#8 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the dark, realistic aura of the films ... It's different from the half hearted super hero films you see, more relatable, and even more watchable.

#9 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I wouldn't call it 'darker' - it's just that the DC movies tend to take their subject matter more seriously, and try to look at it from a more real-world point of view, as opposed to the MCU movies, that embrace the explosive superheroics and escapist nature of comics.

If they went down this route with a JL movie, I'd imagine they would play up the whole 'heroes as gods among men' type aspect - emphasizing how the League is Earth's first line of defense, not a superhero team, but an assembly of the world's most powerful men and women. Morrison once put it this way: the X-Men are a school, the Avengers a football team, but the Justice League is a pantheon of gods.

Morrison, is there anything he can't do?

Anyway, your post was perfectly put. DC films take everything seriously. When aliens invade and war is declared on Earth, people die. When aliens invade in Marvel, cars are blown up and quips are made about Shwarma.

Man of Steel had more in common with a war film than a Marvel superhero one, except that it was a war fought by one man. I imagine that's how Justice League will be handled, like a group of a all-powerful beings coming together to defend this tiny little world from a threat that could very well wipe us out. There is the genuine fear (in the movie universe) that the world may end, that the bad guys will win, and that's felt by all characters.

They don't make stupid jokes when genocide is occurring.

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Perfectly said.

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the tone of DC films. I hope they keep it through out the movies.

#12 Edited by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

I like the tone of DC films. I hope they keep it through out the movies.

This!!! They just need to tell us which movies we will be getting lol

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashknight: Yeah! Since Man of Steel did good I'm waiting for an announcement.

#14 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@veshark said:

Morrison, is there anything he can't do?

Anyway, your post was perfectly put. DC films take everything seriously. When aliens invade and war is declared on Earth, people die. When aliens invade in Marvel, cars are blown up and quips are made about Shwarma.

Man of Steel had more in common with a war film than a Marvel superhero one, except that it was a war fought by one man. I imagine that's how Justice League will be handled, like a group of a all-powerful beings coming together to defend this tiny little world from a threat that could very well wipe us out. There is the genuine fear (in the movie universe) that the world may end, that the bad guys will win, and that's felt by all characters.

They don't make stupid jokes when genocide is occurring.

This echos something Goyer said.

Goyer: "You have to remember this is, sort of, ‘Superman Begins’, and we see him saving kids in Smallville; we see him saving those guys on the oil rig and Lois refers to other incidences in the past when he’s been doing that as this kind of anonymous savior figure. But once Zod attacks, well… Actually, a couple of people have said once Zod attacks there’s not a lot of humour in it. Well, it just didn’t seem appropriate, people cutting jokes during 9/11 or something like that. There’s some humour before and there’s some humour after, so again moving forward perhaps there’s something [in that].

"This is a movie where the world learns that he exists and he decides to assume the mantle of Superman, so by the end of the film when he has that scene with General Swanwick, in our minds, the world has only been aware of Superman a month, or three weeks or something. That montage that you’re talking about can’t really happen yet. Presumably it would happen in another film or in between the next film."