Justice League: Gods and Monsters by Bruce Timm (2015)

• 61 results
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Justice League: Gods and Monsters" features an original story by Timm, and isn't related to the 2001 comic "JLA: Gods and Monsters" by Dan Jolley and Josh Krach. ...

No other details were provided for ... "Justice League: Gods and Monsters."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54383

-----

I can't help but hope that Justice League: Gods and Monsters is set in the DCAU and reunites Kevin Conroy and the rest of the gang.

WB did say that one of the three films they release each year is out of continuity from the other films, so maybe this will be!

"Moving ahead, the plan is to release three DC Animated movies each year. Two will be in this continuity and the third will be standalone."

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-war-to-begin-dc-animated-film-continuity/

After all, Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs Robin, both also set for 2015 release dates, seem like they should be in continuity...

-----

Thoughts?

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If Bruce Timm is behind it, I'm pretty sure I won't like it.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

My childhood is back with a vengeance!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank god Bruce Timm is back

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TylerDurden7272
No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Considering the butchering "Batman and Son" got I am not excited that this will get a sequel.
As for the JL stuff, the comics just came out so I believe going to older stuff would be better in terms of advertising old material rather than something most already read.

Intrigued by "Gods and Monsters" though

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ishkafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see the art direction before I make any decisions, I mean normally I can forgive art but if the art ends up similar to the Flashpoint film then I'm staying away.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal:

Looking at your username, I pressume it's because Timm often ships Diana with Bruce?

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: More because he had her chase after him and Batman never gave her the light of day.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain13

@justthatkid: The OP says it's not based on that story

I am happy to see so many of you as happy as I an. DC animation dipped dramatically after Timm left, IMO, so it will be great having a chance to buy something i want, lol

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: More because he had her chase after him and Batman never gave her the light of day.

Can you mention any scenes where she does that? I can only remember one scene at the start of Little Piggy.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Captain13

@justthatkid: Correct. I think someine just decided it sounds cool. The gods may be the New Gods, the Pantheon, Despero, or something else

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Loading Video...

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@dianaxkal said:

Can you mention any scenes where she does that? I can only remember one scene at the start of Little Piggy.

No, because I'd have to research it, and I don't like the ship, the show, or Bruce Timm.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@dianaxkal said:

No, because I'd have to research it, and I don't like the ship, the show, or Bruce Timm.

Okay.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain13

@rustyroy said:

@dianaxkal said:

He seems pretty into her to me. : /

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal said:

@rustyroy said:

@dianaxkal said:

He seems pretty into her to me. : /

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I disagree, and have zero interest in arguing my opinion. Especially when it comes to this or anything else Batman-related.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: All I did was say that I wouldn't like the film, it isn't my fault people asked me why I was going to dislike it and I didn't lie. SM/WW fans could care less because it's not like a DCAU movie is a threat to their fans. I know for a fact that you're a SM/WW hater, so before you call someone butthurt get your facts straight.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DianaXKal

@farkam: I didn't post after my initial one to moan, if you read, I was tagged. I can say whatever the hell I want if someone asks me. So don't instigate if you don't want a response.

I'm done here. I should've known better than to comment on a Bruce Timm thread. Anyone can say whatever insult or argumentative thing they want towards me after this point, I assure you I won't be replying to it.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DianaXKal

@toplel said:

@dianaxkal: Facts like me being able to justify my dislike for SM/WW with actual material from various media while you chicken out of an argument when presented with a counterargument? Yup, my butthurt detector is working just fine.

Okay, chickening out? Why would I argue with you when I know nothing I say will change your opinion or anyone elses? That would be a pointless fight. There is a JLU Beyond comic, and the general audiences have been fans of the Timm verse for years, I'm not going to sit here and bash them. I said I don't like it, I don't know what you want from me, and I'm not butthurt either. You can enjoy your movie while I enjoy mine. Goodbye.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Timm has nothing to do with this movie and Batman vs Robin is NOT based on Court of Owls,James Tucker just confirmed.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Superguy1591

@captain13: he was into her, but after the pig episode whe he tells her that he can't protect her(like he would need to?) it was a one dimensional, she wants him, but he's too cool for her.

Everything you posted happened pre-piggy episode, where Bruce basically told her no and she had to prove her worth.

Anyway, outside of beating Superman, name one fight Diana won in JL? She was nerfed, she never had a character moment like Superman's world made of cardboard or Batman.

I don't like Bruce Timm on JL because he doesn't deny his love for Batman, which is fine, he can do the Batman movies, but JL is supposed to showcase all 7.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis
DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DianaXKal

@toplel: That's what you don't understand, I don't HAVE to do ****. This is the internet. And Superguy proved my point. You can kick rocks without socks, lol.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Captain13
@entropy_aegis said:

Bruce Timm has nothing to do with this movie and Batman vs Robin is NOT based on Court of Owls,James Tucker just confirmed.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/29/bruce-timm-returns-to-dc-animation/

True. Thank you for the update. While Liu is directing and Burnett is writing, Timm's unrevealed involvement makes me think this film could be set in the DCAU. I mean, Tucker did confirm Timm was involved in some capacity, but could not say which capacity.

Tucker also said WB Animation would release 3 DTV films a year, two in their continuity and one not. Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs Robin are in their new continuity, so whatever Timm is doing is not. That is good news in and of itself. The rest is conjecture.

@superguy1591 said:

@captain13: he was into her, but after the pig episode whe he tells her that he can't protect her(like he would need to?) it was a one dimensional, she wants him, but he's too cool for her.

Everything you posted happened pre-piggy episode, where Bruce basically told her no and she had to prove her worth.

Anyway, outside of beating Superman, name one fight Diana won in JL? She was nerfed, she never had a character moment like Superman's world made of cardboard or Batman.

I don't like Bruce Timm on JL because he doesn't deny his love for Batman, which is fine, he can do the Batman movies, but JL is supposed to showcase all 7.

I'm not trying to convince you to like Timm, but--

Weird Western Tales took place after ThisLittle Piggy, which is the episode featuring the Batman and GL clip above. Taking that into consideration, the romance storyline was probably dropped because Batman Beyond indicated the two did not end up together and because it didn't service the Cadmus Storyline, which ends with Bruce not sharing his life with anyone and Waller having to rewrite Warren McGinnis's genetic code in response. Both characters moved on as friends but had a great dynamic while they were flirting. It's not like Wonder Woman cried over it. In sum, previously established continuity is all that kept them apart--not that it matters to me since I don't think the Trinity should ever move past flirtation. I like my IPs pure. I imagine Superman will leave Wonder Woman at some point to be with Lois, so I don't understand why that's a superior relationship. I'm slow though. :-P

Wonder Woman was portrayed as Batman-level in fighting skill and Superman-level in Strength. Diana not only beat Superman, she beat Aquaman, Hades, Fury, Cheetah, all of the other Justice League Women, Giganta, and countless others. She was consistently portrayed as a powerhouse.

Loading Video...

Everyone has their favorite characters--I mean look at you--but Bruce Timm used John Stewart on the show more than any other character. He deliberately used Batman and Superman less than the other characters since they had their own shows. He spotlighted Z-list characters and made them likable. He gave Wonder Woman a dad before Azzarello did. He had her supporting characters featured prominently--Hades, Ares, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Felix Faust, etc. He addressed her cultural adjustments. He covered her origin. He made her an ambassador on several occasions. I could go on and on. He made Flash the heart and soul of the team--and the team's most popular member. He gave J'onn the most important functions on the team. He made Hawkgirl a major catalyst for change, a major badass, and the only member of the team willing to take a life to save other people. Just because the final fight prominently featured DC's most popular characters--the ones Timm built his universe on--doesn't mean he didn't give lots of love to the other founders or to B-listers like Green Arrow/Black Canary/Supergirl or C-listers like Question/Shining Knight/Vigilante or to villains. Heck season 2 of JLU was supposed to be the last one, so there almost wasn't even a world of cardboard speech--just Flash saving the world.

Just because Wonder Woman didn't have a world of cardboard speech doesn't mean she wasn't treated well or didn't have plenty of crowning moments of awesome--especially considering all of the episodes focused on her, her background, and her close friendships with Wally, J'onn, and Shayera.

I don't care if you don't like Timm. I really don't. But I wanted to take a second to correct the information you put out there.

Happy posting.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he showcased everyone in a good light.

@entropy_aegis said:

True. Thank you for the update. While Liu is directing and Burnett is writing, Timm's unrevealed involvement makes me think this film could be set in the DCAU. I mean, Tucker did confirm Timm was involved in some capacity, but could not say which capacity.

Tucker also said WB Animation would release 3 DTV films a year, two in their continuity and one not. Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs Robin are in their new continuity, so whatever Timm is doing is not. That is good news in and of itself. The rest is conjecture.

@superguy1591 said:

Weird Western Tales took place after ThisLittle Piggy, which is the episode featuring the Batman and GL clip above. Taking that into consideration, the romance storyline was probably dropped because Batman Beyond indicated the two did not end up together and because it didn't service the Cadmus Storyline, which ends with Bruce not sharing his life with anyone and Waller having to rewrite Warren McGinnis's genetic code in response. Both characters moved on as friends but had a great dynamic while they were flirting. It's not like Wonder Woman cried over it. In sum, previously established continuity is all that kept them apart--not that it matters to me since I don't think the Trinity should ever move past flirtation. I like my IPs pure. I imagine Superman will leave Wonder Woman at some point to be with Lois, so I don't understand why that's a superior relationship. I'm slow though. :-P

Wonder Woman was portrayed as Batman-level in fighting skill and Superman-level in Strength. Diana not only beat Superman, she beat Aquaman, Hades, Fury, Cheetah, all of the other Justice League Women, Giganta, and countless others. She was consistently portrayed as a powerhouse.

Loading Video...

Everyone has their favorite characters--I mean look at you--but Bruce Timm used John Stewart on the show more than any other character. He deliberately used Batman and Superman less than the other characters since they had their own shows. He spotlighted Z-list characters and made them likable. He gave Wonder Woman a dad before Azzarello did. He had her supporting characters featured prominently--Hades, Ares, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Felix Faust, etc. He addressed her cultural adjustments. He covered her origin. He made her an ambassador on several occasions. I could go on and on. He made Flash the heart and soul of the team--and the team's most popular member. He gave J'onn the most important functions on the team. He made Hawkgirl a major catalyst for change, a major badass, and the only member of the team willing to take a life to save other people. Just because the final fight prominently featured DC's most popular characters--the ones Timm built his universe on--doesn't mean he didn't give lots of love to the other founders or to B-listers like Green Arrow/Black Canary/Supergirl or C-listers like Question/Shining Knight/Vigilante or to villains. Heck season 2 of JLU was supposed to be the last one, so there almost wasn't even a world of cardboard speech--just Flash saving the world.

Just because Wonder Woman didn't have a world of cardboard speech doesn't mean she wasn't treated well or didn't have plenty of crowning moments of awesome--especially considering all of the episodes focused on her, her background, and her close friendships with Wally, J'onn, and Shayera.

I don't care if you don't like Timm. I really don't. But I wanted to take a second to correct the information you put out there.

Happy posting.

This.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Bruce Timm and his Bat-God!

LOL I know all Bat fans who get no pussy in real life is happy (Truth?)

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1/10.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLU made me like Aquaman,Question,GA,B.Canary and Flash

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome sauce.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@captain13: Don't worry about dealing with Superguy, he has an irrational and biased hatred for Batman and any media where he looks good. He can't deal with the possibility that Batman is actually a good character which means the Timmverse DCAU sucks in his mind despite it being the best comic book based cartoon universe, like, ever.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not set in the DCAU.

Assault on Arkham is set in the Batman video game universe so that might be what your referring to.

This Bruce Timm story features the current Big 7 which DC is promoting.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerinstinct4588 said:

1/10.

He's a SM/WW shipper,Timm threatens their headcanon and masculinity,hence the pussy talk.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Captain13

@sunman said:

Assault on Arkham is set in the Batman video game universe so that might be what your referring to.

Link?

Year One: Assault on Arkham is in the Arkham-verse. Son of Batman and War are in continuity.

"Moving ahead, the plan is to release three DC Animated movies each year. Two will be in this continuity and the third will be standalone."

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-war-to-begin-dc-animated-film-continuity/

Year Two: Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs Robin are confirmed to be in continuity. Thus, Gods and Monsters is not in continuity. Hopefully it's in the DCAU--a good reason for Timm to return.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RustyRoy

Loading Video...

Happy posting.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's worked on plenty of DC animated movies before (all of them except Flashpoint, War, Son of Batman, and the Arkham universe: Assault on Arkham) as well as Green Lantern TAS, so I doubt he will set it in the DCAU. Personally I hope he doesn't, I think it's about time people move on from that. Besides Dwayne McDuffie is the real reason why the DCAU was so good.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

Link?

Year One: Assault on Arkham is in the Arkham-verse. Son of Batman and War are in continuity.

Year Two: Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs Robin are confirmed to be in continuity. Thus, Gods and Monsters is not in continuity. Hopefully it's in the DCAU--a good reason for Timm to return.

DCAU already ended Timm said he gave it a proper ending years ago, with Batman Beyond epilogue.

James Tucker took to twitter to correct peoples misinterpretations

https://twitter.com/JTuckerAnimator/status/493879336542281728

"So of course my announcement about BT doing JL: Gods and Monsters gets misreported. Sam Liu is Directing and Alan Burnett wrote it."

I've already been told its going to be DC's current big 7 which they've been consistent with. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash. And most likely Shazam and Aquaman. MM could still make it in but it would be close to the new 52 version. This is an original story not an adaptation based on Pre-Flashpoint comics.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

@captain13 said:

@sunman said:

Link?

DCAU already ended Timm said he gave it a proper ending years ago, with Batman Beyond epilogue.

James Tucker took to twitter to correct peoples misinterpretations

https://twitter.com/JTuckerAnimator/status/493879336542281728

"So of course my announcement about BT doing JL: Gods and Monsters gets misreported. Sam Liu is Directing and Alan Burnett wrote it."

I've already been told its going to be DC's current big 7 which they've been consistent with. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash. And most likely Shazam and Aquaman. MM could still make it in but it would be close to the new 52 version. This is an original story not an adaptation based on Pre-Flashpoint comics.

Timm is confirmed to be involved outside of writing and directing--that's the origin of the misreport in the first place.

Where is the link saying the film is about DC's current big 7?

Also, Batman Beyond epilogue wan't the end of the DCAU. They thought is would be but got brought back for the final season of JLU. Also, the end isn't ever the end until Timm dies. There are countless examples of things "ending" and coming back.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DianaXKal

The DCAU won't be dead until Justice League Beyond ceases to exist, and seeing some of the stuff going on there lately...wow.