JL vs JLA (spoilers)

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the JLA is made to take down the JL if needit. And it members where requited with the thot in mind they can take out a JL member.

Is i was wondering wich do you think can win? and why?

Superman vs martian manhunter

catwoman vs batman

katana vs wonder woman

green lantern (hal) vs green lantern (simon)

the flash vs vibe

cyborg vs stargirl

aguaman vs hawkman

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Manhunter is the only one who probably wins.

Catwoman could also kill Batman. He'll let her get close and she could get lucky.

The rest are laughable.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kwodam

superman. he can just make a fire with his lazor eyes

catwoman vs batman

Batman is stronger and smarter then catwoman

katana vs wonder woman

wonder woman as she far stronger then katana

Hal as Simon is a new green lantern Hal will have more experions

the flash vs vibe

i dont know

cyborg vs stargirl

donno

aguaman vs hawkman

again dont know

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@kwodam: You have to remember that Geoff Johns is writing this. Any of the JL members could get owned.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JL vs JLA more like Batman and his bitches vs Martian ManHunter and his bitches

PS:Just for laughs nothing serious

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@kwodam: You have to remember that Geoff Johns is writing this. Any of the JL members could get owned.

yes

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By reignmaker

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashdamn said:

Thank you Thank you Thank you

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the match ups probably won't play out like this to be fair

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kwodam said:

MMH is not instantly impotent around fire. This is a much closer match that I'd give to MMH.

catwoman vs batman

In a battle the logical answer is Batman, but in an actual comic he and Catwoman's relationship could cause him to hold back, especially with Johns writing it.

katana vs wonder woman

Unless Soultaker has some serious magic mojo to enhance Katana, WW destroys her.

Pretty much. Simon has one decent feat to show that he's special, but Hal wins on principle and experience.

the flash vs vibe

Vibe's new powers can cancel those that come from other dimensions, ie the Speed Force. We'll see how this plays out later, of course.

cyborg vs stargirl

Courtney is lacking in feats. Victor is too, but his are applicable to a battle. I feel like there won't actually be a "fight" between them. More like a PR stunt comparing Stargirl as the face of the JLA to the JL's reclusive cyborg.

aguaman vs hawkman

This will be an epic-ass battle. I can't wait for this one!

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By GunGunW

Lol, it seems more iconic American style heroes are on Justice League than Justice League of America

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deaditegonzo

@kwodam said:

So the JLA is made to take down the JL if needit. And it members where requited with the thot in mind they can take out a JL member.

Is i was wondering wich do you think can win? and why?

catwoman vs batman

katana vs wonder woman

the flash vs vibe

cyborg vs stargirl

aguaman vs hawkman

• Martian Manhunter would have been my answer, however, a Daemonite immediately incapped him with fire, so now I say it really depends on what version of Superman and what version of MM shows up. If Superman isnt willing to take him down hard (violently), or the more powerful MM we've been shown from time to time shows up, MM wins, otherwise, Supes.
  • Catwoman. Not in a fight, of course, but simply through feminine wiles.
  • Wonder Woman, and unless we find something out, this match is the stupidest.
  • Eh, could go either way. Id say Hal, but I dont have any really factual reason.
  • Vibe, based on what we've seen and been told, could potentially win. Also, Flash isnt near as powerful as he was Pre-52.
  • Stargirl, Cyborg is useless unless he is hacking something. She isnt all about tech, so there's very little I see him doing.
  • Hawkman. Similar strength and durability, but great versatility? Yeah, Hawkman.
CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman Solo

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• MM : If he can dodge heat visions and fly off into the sky and fight there. he has held his own against all the league members.
  • Batman : Batman doesn't let emotions to come between his works and even though he's at a vulnerable state now he won't mess around if any of allies are in danger. But its Johns we're talking about, he loves to humiliate Batman so anything can happen.
  • WW : They both are excellent swordswoman but WW's strength and agility gives her the edge.
  • Hal : More experience.
  • Flash : Vibe won't see him coming.
  • Stargirl : Cosmic rod gives her the edge. And Johns favorite character.

This is what I think should happen.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only fight I really want to read is between Martian Manhunter and Superman. We need a legit, violent brawl between these two powerhouses. Considering in-universe Superman is constantly referred to as 'the most powerful being on Earth', while Manhunter was seen (apparently) soloing the entire League, I really wanna see how this one turns out.

Also, has new 52 J'onn ever displayed a weakness to fire?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Superman vs Martian Manhunter: Legit match up. Helps that MM once held his own against all of the big 7 at once.

Batman vs Catwoman: Batman wins. Hands down.

Wonder Woman vs Katana: Seriously, both of them may be warriors but Diana could easily kill Katana with one punch to the face. So yeah, Wondy's got this one.

Hal vs Simon: In terms of sheer raw power, I'd say all of the rings on their own are equal. But how useful they are depends on the user. Simon just got his ring, while Hal has years of experience under his belt and on top of that he's one of the most skilled Lanterns of all time. Simon wouldn't stand a chance if he and Hal ever got into an honest to god fight.

Flash vs Vibe: Flash. I doubt Vibe could land a hit on somebody that moves faster than the speed of light.

Aquaman vs Hawkman: Legit match up. Can't say who would win though.

Cyborg vs Stargirl: this one is up for debate.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@gungunw said:

Lol, it seems more iconic American style heroes are on Justice League than Justice League of America

well it's the iconic heroes, and Cyborg.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

I haven't read much of MM in the N52 outside of JLA, but from what I know, he should be able to win with ease.

Batman vs. Catwoman

Batman should win this with no trouble whatsoever.

Wonder Woman vs. Katana

I just shook my head when I saw this in JLA #1. WW stomps with absolute ease.

Hal Jordan vs. Simon Baz

I know they thought they were doing the smart thing with having one GL to take down another, but Hal has had his ring for years. Simon just got his. Hal has much more experience, thus he should take this.

Flash vs. Vibe

Another one I just shook my head with. Vibe won't even be able to hit him. Flash stomps with ease.

Aquaman vs. Hawkman

I don't know. My gut says Hawkman, but I don't know.

Cyborg vs. Star Girl

No clue. I have no guesses, just no clue.

I doubt Green Arrow would make a difference in any of these matches.

So overall, we have Martian Manhunter who can take out Superman. And that's it. The JLA really need stronger team members.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KnightRise

@thecannon: Vibe can cut him off from the Speed Force. It hasn't happened yet, but Geoff Johns is bumping the character. I'm sure he'll end up badass and powerful.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Honestly, these matchups are nearly all nonsense with the worst being Bruce and Selina.

- I could give my predictions on who i think will win--and they would probably be the obvious choices-- however, the victor will be whoever John's wants them to be , and in whatever nonsensical and inane way that he chooses.

- Honestly, i haven't been that interested in the New 52 JL and i predict that i will remain quite interested for the most part.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

The Justice League wipe the floor with Waller's bad idea. Come on now, Vibe vs Flash?? The only one that's even debatable is MM vs Superman.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bogey

Good thing JL Dark will get a piece of the action.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibe stopped Kid Flash he would probably do the same to Flash. The only thing that gives Flash the advantage right now is the fact that Vibe has no idea what hes doing yet, but once he gets more experianced he should be a serious threat.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@veshark: This is a Daemonite completely KOing MM with fire. Sure, its blue fire, but this is just some Daemonite grunt totally wrecking Martian Manhunter's day. The page before, he didnt show any really impressive combat ability, and she basically took him down unscathed, with one solid blast.

I will say, that the clip everyone mentions about MM soloing the JLA is severly overhyped, as there is no context. The next second after that clip may have been Wonder Woman one hit KOing him, we have no idea.

Like I said, MM v Supes depends on which version of each shows up. Lobdell Superman vs this Martian Manhunter? No contest, Lobdell Superman. Justice League Superman vs "hype" Martian Manhunter? Martian Manhunter, no problem. And when I say "Hype" MM, im not being insulting at all, I merely mean that he doesnt have any feats worth mentioning, but his stated capability is absurd.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of the scan. On one hand it does appear that Martian Manhunter is weak against flame, but on the other, it seems as though the sheer power of the Daemonite's attack is what causes him to pass out. I can't comment beyond that, simply because I don't know the context of the scan, nor know much about the general Daemonite's power level.

As I mentioned in my earlier comment, that one panel of Martian Manhunter in JL had him apparently fighting the entire League. Of course, as you said, we don't know how that battle turned out, so it's not an entirely accurate depiction. I will say though, that the panel's implication seems to be that J'onn is quite powerful. Batman's comment that 'it ended very badly' seems to support this assumption.

I haven't read Stormwatch, so I don't actually know much about MM's capabilities. But I recall Johns stating in an interview that he wants to use JLA to make MM one of the 'most dangerous characters in the DCU', so I'm hoping that he really does shine as a powerhouse.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: MM really should be one of the most powerful characters. In fact, if I ran DC, Captain Atom and Martian Manhunter would be the definitively most powerful characters, easily comparable to cosmic beings (cause its all in their power set).

But the context for that scan is that Helspont sent minions to various, important alien characters as emissary's (Starfire as well), but contacts Superman himself. Superman stands toe to toe with the most powerful Daemonite, Helspont himself (but he is CLEARLY outmatched [When a backhand into the moon gives Kal a concussion]), while Martian Manhunter gets owned by a random Daemonite with that blast. I dont think it is definitive or anything, but it does seem to imply to me that fire is a weakness once more for MM, and that being the case, heat vision is the hottest 'fire' there is.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Superman vs martian manhunter - Martian Manhunter

catwoman vs batman - Batman

katana vs wonder woman - Wonder WOman

green lantern (hal) vs green lantern (simon) - Hal has more experience

the flash vs vibe - Flash

cyborg vs stargirl - Stargirl maybe

aguaman vs hawkman - dunno here.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo

Indeed, I definitely agree with Captain Atom. The whole jack-of-all-trades aspect of Manhunter's powers is definitely something I really like about the character as well, which is really why I'm hoping Johns will give him a powerful portrayal in JLA and the upcoming Trinity War. He should be a top-tier combatant.

Oh right, I vaguely remember that whole Helspont thing. I suppose given the context, there definitely is an implication there that J'onn has a weakness to flame. But I think I'll withhold a definitive judgment call until we get it explicitly mentioned in the New 52.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Honestly, these matchups are nearly all nonsense with the worst being Bruce and Selina.

- I could give my predictions on who i think will win--and they would probably be the obvious choices-- however, the victor will be whoever John's wants them to be , and in whatever nonsensical and inane way that he chooses.

- Honestly, i haven't been that interested in the New 52 JL and i predict that i will remain quite interested for the most part.

That's what I'm afraid of.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RustyRoy

@veshark: M

M really should be one of the most powerful characters. In fact, if I ran DC, Captain Atom and Martian Manhunter would be the definitively most powerful characters, easily comparable to cosmic beings (cause its all in their power set).

But the context for that scan is that Helspont sent minions to various, important alien characters as emissary's (Starfire as well), but contacts Superman himself. Superman stands toe to toe with the most powerful Daemonite, Helspont himself (but he is CLEARLY outmatched [When a backhand into the moon gives Kal a concussion]), while Martian Manhunter gets owned by a random Daemonite with that blast. I dont think it is definitive or anything, but it does seem to imply to me that fire is a weakness once more for MM, and that being the case, heat vision is the hottest 'fire' there is.

They already made CA a god-level character and I hope they make MM more powerful than Superman.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

vibe can turn flashes powers off

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I havent seen him in the New 52 since his solo ended, but in that he seemed to definitely be a top contender. Had the series gone on, I think we would have been blown away by how powerful he became.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yeah he's series got cancelled too soon. DC could've made him a major cosmic character, they really lack in this category compared to Marvel. I hope he makes an appearance on th Trinity War.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

That's what I'm afraid of.

- I know where you're coming from.