Is Batman useful in new 52 JL

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can we get our hope high that after foreverevil we can see him being useful in JL? Will johns write him better can we hope for it?

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Johns is adding Luthor to be the head of the team clearly. So Batman isn't the "tactical head" in the New 52 yet. Probably won't happen until Johns is off the book. Adding Luthor in will only give Johns more opportunity to make Batman seem weaker and more pathetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman did save superman from Darkseid but that's about it. Johns writes him terribly

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Well, he's the only one who actually survived the CS's Firestorm BFR attack.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: iTS BECAUSE HE SELLS THEY NEED HIM FOR THEIR BIG EVENT BOOK AND SO FAR HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING SPECIAL HE JUST survived the CS's Firestorm BFR attacK BY LUCK

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

He could be if Johns wanted him to be. All you need to do to understand what I'm talking about is compare the Captain Cold scenes in Forever Evil to the Batman scenes under Johns's run. You'll see Johns has nothing against characters with no powers being badasses, unless the character without powers is Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Pssssh, nah. The only reason Batman is in the JL these days I simply because he sells and nothing more.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

Meh. Johns is adding Luthor to be the head of the team clearly. So Batman isn't the "tactical head" in the New 52 yet. Probably won't happen until Johns is off the book. Adding Luthor in will only give Johns more opportunity to make Batman seem weaker and more pathetic.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

He's not going to be useful as long as Johns helms the book. He's doing the opposite of what Morrison did, which is underlining why Batman shouldn't be on the team.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

for a guy without super powers I'd say he's been pretty useful in leading/directing the team.

Its nice that he's written as Batman and not Batgod.

I don't want to see a drastic difference between how Batman is handled in his own titles and the Justice LEague book. It was like he was two different characters. Don't downplay everything Batman's done for the Justice League already. he was the brains not to mention heart and soul of the team prior to Forever Evil

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you really need to ask that question?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think Batman is still useful, because out of all members on the League he understands the criminal element best. He may not be the best fighter, but he can still manage to be useful in most situations, and the fact that he is a normal man who has spent more time then anyone on the league fighting street level crime, gives him a unique perspective that none of the other members have. At the end of the day the league was made protect earth, and fight crime. Something that Batman is an important part of.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By PapiNacho

Heh I hope so but probably not. It's Johns.

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure he is, he provides the money. But as soon as Lex joins Johns is going to make him irrelevant, just wait and see.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Geoff Johns is writing, Batman will be stupid and incompetent.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Captain13

@sunman said:

for a guy without super powers I'd say he's been pretty useful in leading/directing the team.

Its nice that he's written as Batman and not Batgod.

I don't want to see a drastic difference between how Batman is handled in his own titles and the Justice LEague book. It was like he was two different characters. Don't downplay everything Batman's done for the Justice League already. he was the brains not to mention heart and soul of the team prior to Forever Evil

No one on the team even listens to him or pays attention to his strategies--when he even has them. All he does is give pep talks that I find out of character. And he's not even as effective at fighting superhumans as Captain Cold.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm suddenly reminded of how Wally once said before the reboot they only let Batman think he is in charge. Because otherwise he gets moody.

Lol