I thought that this was a team book?

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BloodTalon

Am I the only one that is sick of the star girl wanking that has been going on in JLA? The last 7 months or so have been all about her and no one else except MM and that was only to show us that she is better than him to. We did not even see the other members in that lame jail. I want some Hawkman, Green Arrow and the rest of the team since this is a team book after all.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The book is going to cancel anyway

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: are you saying this because it sucks right now, or is it really getting shit caned.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodtalon: The book is literally ending, it may have already had its final issue even, I'm not sure, I stopped reading it once Forever Evil started. Be sure to read Justice League United if you want some Hawkman and Green Arrow, they'll be on that team.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy: thank you I will check that out..

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deaditegonzo

@hawkguy said:

@bloodtalon: The book is literally ending, it may have already had its final issue even, I'm not sure, I stopped reading it once Forever Evil started. Be sure to read Justice League United if you want some Hawkman and Green Arrow, they'll be on that team.

Its actually an awful sign that Hawkman for example, couldnt carry his own book, got moved to this team book, and then this team book ends. Same with MM and Stormwatch and then this book.

It says that DC is really mismanaging characters, and from an in-universe perspective, its silly to think of these poor guys crawling from team to team. FIX THIS.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@hawkguy said:

Its actually an awful sign that Hawkman for example, couldnt carry his own book, got moved to this team book, and then this team book ends. Same with MM and Stormwatch and then this book.

It says that DC is really mismanaging characters, and from an in-universe perspective, its silly to think of these poor guys crawling from team to team. FIX THIS.

Agreed. DC needs to dedicate some time to establishing its characters better. Rather than throwing characters from team-to-team, maybe step away from them for a little while until DC comes up with an organic way to bring them into the bigger picture. Just crafting a team full of characters who aren't holding their own books at the moment hasn't proven to be an effective solution.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@hawkguy said:

Its very true, DC trying to push 50 books a month is really taking a toll on the quality of each one. It really makes you question whether or not they actually care about those characters. I love MMH and I just recently purchased Johns' Hawkman run and when I think about it, a lot comes down to who's writing. Prime example is Scott Lobdel on Red Hood. I love the three characters, and Jason Todd could be the Punisher of the DCU but he's so f***ing poorly written now thanks to Lobdell (yes I know its one of Lobdell's better books but that isn't saying much). There's just a lack of quality writing at DC when it comes down to it. The good writers, yeah they do a fantastic job, but damn do the bad writers bring down the company and their characters.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about this the other day. The current JLA series has been nothing but tie-ins. The only "independent" story arc it's had was actually just a prelude to Trinity War, followed by the Trinity War tie-ins, followed by the Forever Evil tie-ins, followed by cancellation. This was a book, filled with interesting characters, that had so much potential. But DC decided to squander it by making this the "Official DC Event Tie-In Book".

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@deaditegonzo: mmh was moved along time before Stormwatch ended because people wanted hi on the JL. Not sure you can compare it to poor Hawkman.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: I agree, the title spent it's entire life in crossover hell. It's actually comical. Hopefully JLUnited will fare better.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@deaditegonzo: Hawkman could support his own book. I heard the only reason the Hawkman book was cancelled was since he was going onto the Justice League of America book. Because you know you can't have Hawkman showing up in more than one book and potientally giving him more popularity.

Honestly though after reading the series it was clear to see that this book was meant to be nothing more than a book to tie into the whole Trinity War and Forever Evil events. I read teh first issue (or Zero Issue) of Justice League United and from the looks of it will be a far better JLA. We still have Martian Manhunter, Stargirl, and Green Arrow along with new characters like Adam Strange, Alanna Strange, Animal Man, Supergirl, and a new character whose name slipped my mind at the moment. Plus Hawkman did appear at the end so this book will hopefully give us a lot more focus on Hawkman.