#1 Edited by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one should i buy first JLI vol 1 or JLA vol 2

I already own Morrison's JLA deluxe 1

but i have heard so many good things about G&D JLI that i am really thinking of buying the first volume

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. Do you want to read about the main leaguers in epic scope stories or bwahahaha stuff with B-list characters?
Both are good are in their own right and either runs are often peoples' favorite Justice League runs.

JLI hasn't been collected fully, though.

BB

#3 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: Well i love a good B-listers story.
I just read Giffens and Dematteis metal men and i really liked it so if it is humoristic like that then i won't have a problem.

Maybe i will coin toss it :-P

#4 Posted by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: I would go with Morrison's JLA run personally. Although I'm a bigger fan of DeMatteis and Giffen and their run on Justice League was good. Morrison's run leaned towards epic in scale and had more moments for me.

#5 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8973 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: O

Morrison's JLA is far away better,you should buy it.

#6 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:@night_thrasher:I guess i will finish with Morrison's run first.

The thing that conviced me the most is that JLI hasn't been fully collected.

#7 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's JLA is for me. It's the comic that brought me back into reading, so...

I imagine if it'd been 10 years earlier, I'd have those same feelings about Giffen and DeMatteis.

#8 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8973 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Lvenger (20745 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely go for finishing Morrison's JLA. It's by far the best JLA run and one of the best runs in comic books.

#10 Edited by sinestro_GL (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

Giffen and DeMatteis for sure!

Love Booster and Beetle team along with Gardner

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

JL/JLI/JLA/JLE run is the better run, though.

BB

#12 Edited by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: @crash_recovery: @lvenger: @sinestro_gl:

I just wrote a review about the first JLA deluxe volume.If you want and have the time check it.Mostly because i want to improve my reviews and i need help for that so thanks in advance :-) http://www.comicvine.com/jla-the-deluxe-edition-1-vol-1/4000-252503/user-reviews/2200-37695.

@billy_batson: WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!? i am already in the brick of buying JLI instead of JLA.
To tell you the truth i just want something different from the regular epic JL stories that's why i find JLI so seductive.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

If you want something different from the regular epic JL stories then why read JLA?

BB

#14 Edited by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: Just to finish the collection :-P
Also you said that JLI isn't fully collected and well kinda feel that i will miss the best part.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

Over forty issues have been collected so it's not that bad.

Plus there's Formerly Known as the Justice League, and I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League that you can check out as well.

BB