#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

How come Geoff Johns wont write the screenplay for the justice league movie? He is a fan favorite comic book writer and has been working on Arrow. The most recent Arrow episode and one of the best yet, was the first episode to be written by johns.

#2 Posted by StrangeMan (410 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does, I'll probably shoot myself.

#3 Posted by Captain13 (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns has great ideas but he's too busy building the DC Universe right now. He's already over exerting himself right now, it it shows from time to time. I don't think anyone could take on as much work as he does and have everything turn out great. But I have crazy respect for him.

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like his work but I'd prefer it if he stuck with comics for now.

#5 Posted by Black_Claw (2968 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool if he was, but he's got his hands full with the comics right now.

#6 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure that he would do a great job. Remember that he had a hand in the Green Lantern film.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

they let him help out on the GL movie.....look what happened to that

#8 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude... That'd be fantastically awesome!

#9 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

they let him help out on the GL movie.....look what happened to that

It was an original story and he didn't write the screenplay. I'm not sure where he helped out as you guys said either because his name isn't in the credits. Had the film been a closer adaption to Secret Origins, I think we'd be having a different conversation. Like, "when will we get a another sequel?"

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Press Oblivion: @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

they let him help out on the GL movie.....look what happened to that

It was an original story and he didn't write the screenplay. I'm not sure where he helped out as you guys said either because his name isn't in the credits. Had the film been a closer adaption to Secret Origins, I think we'd be having a different conversation. Like, "when will we get a another sequel?"

it was hardly original, it was just a mash up of Secret Origins and Emerald Dawn

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It could've either been closer to the source material, or gone the route of Batman Begins and carefully take a few elements from origin story. By original I mean it wasn't designed as an more direct adaptation of Secret Origins, kind of an amlagam as you said between Secret Origins and Emerald Dawn. Do you know what influence John's had on the script besides being the author of Secret Origins?

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It could've either been closer to the source material, or gone the route of Batman Begins and carefully take a few elements from origin story. By original I mean it wasn't designed as an more direct adaptation of Secret Origins, kind of an amlagam as you said between Secret Origins and Emerald Dawn. Do you know what influence John's had on the script besides being the author of Secret Origins?

apparently he had something to do with the revision to the script and he apparently helped produce it.

#13 Posted by atonemented (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he doesn't want to. Or maybe the WB wants someone else

#14 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

How Geoff Johns would write JL

#15 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrangeMan said:

If he does, I'll probably shoot myself.

why?

#16 Posted by lilben42 (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

No never. He should never do any JLA movie.

#17 Posted by lilben42 (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash: That Arrow episode was disapointing, and cliche. If Merlin died it would have been so much better.

#18 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

Johns has great ideas but he's too busy building the DC Universe right now. He's already over exerting himself right now, it it shows from time to time. I don't think anyone could take on as much work as he does and have everything turn out great. But I have crazy respect for him.

Getting that vibe with Bendis. Is there anything he's not doing at the moment? :P

#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8660 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: LOL

#20 Posted by StrangeMan (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

@StrangeMan said:

If he does, I'll probably shoot myself.

why?

His Justice League title is pretty disappointing, he has absolutely no idea of how to write competent versions of Batman, Superman, WW and Hal, and if he does end up writting the script he'll probably do an adaptation of sorts of his first arc on the JL New 52 title, which was incredibly lackluster. The only positive thing that I think of if he writes the movie, is that Aquaman will probably kick lots of ass.

Besides, as said earlier, he had participation in the GL script, and it was said that he was the one who tried the most to put so many concepts and stories to the movie, and we all know how convoluted and messed up that was.

#21 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

ouch huh....okay...

What about a movie off of Tower of Babel?

#22 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Press Oblivion: @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

they let him help out on the GL movie.....look what happened to that

It was an original story and he didn't write the screenplay. I'm not sure where he helped out as you guys said either because his name isn't in the credits. Had the film been a closer adaption to Secret Origins, I think we'd be having a different conversation. Like, "when will we get a another sequel?"

My mistake, I didn't even consider that he might have a limited or non-existent role in the film. Also his title as Chief Creative Officer for DC announced around the same time of production of the film seemed logical that he would have at least been tapped for consultation.

#23 Posted by -The Renegade- (125 posts) - - Show Bio

He was very involved in the Green Lantern and look what happened. He's amazing in comic books and does good tv episodes (Smallville and Arrow), but the movie universe doesn't seem good for him (I might be mistaken).

#24 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Because comics and movies are completely different mediums.

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Dini and David Goyer should write the screenplay based on Morrison's run.

#26 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Because comics and movies are completely different mediums.

#27 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Johns. He's a good comic writer. That said I'm not sure he's good at screen plays. Considering the amount of input he had on the Green Lantern film and how sucky it turns out I don't really feel the need for him to be on the Justice League movie. He can be a part of it, but I'm more concerned about who the director will be.

#28 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: That is my favorite episode of the series! I was rewatching the other day, and did a double take - I mean, Johns can write a meh Justice League but he can also give us genius stories like that!?! Crazy!

#29 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does, I'll probably shoot myself.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna know why he makes Batman useless then I'll talk about the movies.

#31 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does it will be the end before its even began

#32 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8660 posts) - - Show Bio