• 54 results
#1 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary is a street level, tough, HERO, who I think could deal with the physical and mental challenge of having Batman for a boyfriend. And she's one of the few characters who can fit in BOTH Gotham and the Justice League. Could they be the next Superman/Wonder Woman power couple? She needs to date someone other than Green Arrow for once IMO.

Sound off, and let me hear your thoughts!

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

It probably won't happen in the New 52 since there's that attitude between them...

You also forgot that one comic in Birds of Prey when Black Canary kissed Batman.

#3 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: What attitude?

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Just look at her face O_O

#5 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Ah, I see. I never read Birds of Prey.

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5035 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@Funrush said:

Just look at her face O_O

LOL.

#7 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thought. Wouldn't mind it, though I am kind of expecting Bruce to everntually throw a monkey wrench into this whole WW/Supes thing

#8 Posted by TheCannon (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman already has three love interests (probably more). Why add Canary in there?

#9 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I like this idea. Bats is so different from Ollie, it'd be fun to see them in some odd love triangle situation.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL FCKING YES

#11 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I could see it happening, not likely but it's possible.

#12 Edited by sabrinareno (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked their chemistry and think they'd have an interesting dynamic.

It takes a lot to go toe-to-toe with Batman, and Black Canary could always do that. She has the gravitas that comes with being JSA, JLA and BOP. She's smart and can kick ass, plus she's got that sunny outlook that would certainly make an interesting counterpoint to gloomy Bats.

The only problem is that this newest incarnation of Dinah isn't quite as awesome as she once was. Perhaps, with time, she'll get her swagger back.

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, NO!!!

Batman already has a lot of love interest, why take GA girl too?

#14 Posted by sabrinareno (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: I haven't been reading the new GA (the #1 issue was all I could handle). Have BC and GA had any interaction since the reboot?

#15 Posted by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio

You can ship Batman with just about any female street level character.

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Batman already has three love interests (probably more). Why add Canary in there?

Three? I know Catwoman and Talia, who's the third?

#17 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

NARP

#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

You can ship Batman with just about any humanoid female character.

Fixed.

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. Why not.

#20 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

No, too weird. I always see her with Green Arrow.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be interesting.I would love to see it.

#22 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Much better than her with Green Arrow, hes annoying as balls.

#23 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: I hate to admit this, but YES!!!

#24 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8641 posts) - - Show Bio

it wouldn't be the first time a cool female has fallen for bat charm :P

#25 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

"DOES you think Batman and Black Canary would make a good couple?" Lol - but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the two.

#26 Posted by Catsnlynne (909 posts) - - Show Bio

If it will keep Black Canary away from Green Arrow than I'm all for her and Batman being a couple.
#27 Posted by confirukia (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, Canary should stick with red tornado

#28 Posted by HereBeMonsters (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Canary and Green Arrow even met in the New 52?

#29 Posted by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all. Batman is married to Gotham.

#30 Posted by name_already_chosen (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I freely admit that if the powers at DC honestly thought they could milk money out of pairing them together, they would retroactively alter Black Canary's personality to make her compatible with The Batman. Hell, they might even recreate old panels of her with Green Arrow and add in thought balloons wherein she is thinking, "Well, if I can't have Batman, you will have to do, Ollie" or some other idiotic retroactive continuity wank. That kind of cheap contempt for continuity seems to be the business modus operandi these days for both DC and Marvel.

But the Black Canary as she has been characterized over all the years since the original Crisis on Infinite Earths mini-series could never enjoy more than a fling with Bruce Wayne or with The Batman. For one thing, she has shown an abiding annoyance with anyone who becomes joylessly obsessed -- a major character trait for most iterations of The Batman. She also respects most those men who are able to admit when they are wrong, something Green Arrow (and Green Lantern) can do but which tends to be very difficult for Batman. Furthermore, in most of her interactions with men, she has looked for romance and a certain giddy playfulness, and although Bruce Wayne can be romantic on occasion, he has difficulty letting himself relax enough for any real playfulness for any extended period of time. Finally, Black Canary has shown repeatedly that she is attracted to old-fashioned, blue collar "manly" men (which fit Ollie even before he lost his wealth once he'd spent time on that island learning archery to survive), and hard as it is to admit this about Batman, he is a bit of a blueblood snob.

#31 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought Batman and Black Canary would make a great "item" - I think DC could get some mileage out a simmering feud between Bruce/Batman and Ollie/GA. Also - How would Catwoman react? Cats and Canaries obviously don't get on so...

By the way - there is also a scene in the original Brave & Bold series -issue #166 - where Batman rescues a very scantily clad Canary from the clutches of the Penguin. As he wraps her chivalrously in his cloak and she kisses him and declares "my hero" the story ends and the reader is left wondering what happened next?!

#32 Posted by name_already_chosen (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason

And just what is so annoying about balls?

#33 Posted by Black_Claw (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point, Batman would look good with ANY female superhero in the DCU.

#34 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

They could double date with Diana and Clark, lol

#35 Posted by Franchise1590 (293 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 have changed so much I'm not opposed to Bats and Canary being a couple.

If Superman can have sex with Wonder Woman before Lois Lane, Batman can bang Black Canary before Green Arrow.

Got no problem with this shipping. N52 has wiped the relationship slate clean as far as I'm concerned.

#36 Posted by ShowboatingPenguin (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god...people use the term "shipping" on this site too...

#37 Posted by BR_Havoc (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can not turn it off so no it would not work. Plus as headstrong as Canary is she would not last to long being his girlfriend.

#38 Posted by Franchise1590 (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

Batman can not turn it off so no it would not work. Plus as headstrong as Canary is she would not last to long being his girlfriend.

She didn't last long as Ollie's girlfriend either. How many times did they break up pre-52?

LOL. Really tho if they did do this no one would have a good reason to oppose it or be mad about it. I'd like Batman to have a girlfriend.

Anything to end the string of death that constantly in the Batman book. It needs a lighter tone if only for a few issues. This them hooking up did that I'd be in full support of it.

#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7672 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope and and they already dated,even then was not as flashy or interesting than her relationship with Green Arrow.

#40 Posted by BR_Havoc (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

She didn't last long as Ollie's girlfriend either. How many times did they break up pre-52?

LOL. Really tho if they did do this no one would have a good reason to oppose it or be mad about it. I'd like Batman to have a girlfriend.

Anything to end the string of death that constantly in the Batman book. It needs a lighter tone if only for a few issues. This them hooking up did that I'd be in full support of it.

I agree with you that Batman needs something to lighten the mood in his books but I simply do not think that is going to be happening anytime soon. DC seems to think the new 52 version of Batman needs to be very dark brooding and almost voided of all humor.

If this did happen in the new 52 I think it would be fun for a little bit in the end Canary is meant to be with Ollie so if Bruce was her lead up to Ollie and it was well written (Something I have not found with Supes and Wonder Woman) it could work but I see it more as a fling.

#41 Edited by Allie_Ho (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Some potpourri that I gathered from comic sites is that Batman gave Black Canary her classic leather jacket and that is been seen for more than a decade so I think that they had a "thing". Now about the relationship, as an amateur matchmaker, I would they would make a good match with their serious crimefighting passion but she's better off with old GA because loving Bruce is loving a black hole while Ollie would care for her everything even if she didn't need it (Go Identity Crisis!)

#42 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah they would be okay

#43 Posted by Franchise1590 (293 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's funny how people romanticize the GA/Canary relationship when they went through alot of BS. Their relationship isn't nearly as great as comic nerds pretend it is.

#44 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27654 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce tried it until he took an arrow to the knee

#45 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Black Canary and Nightwing would make a good couple.

#46 Posted by RustyRoy (9311 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked their chemistry and think they'd have an interesting dynamic.

It takes a lot to go toe-to-toe with Batman, and Black Canary could always do that. She has the gravitas that comes with being JSA, JLA and BOP. She's smart and can kick ass, plus she's got that sunny outlook that would certainly make an interesting counterpoint to gloomy Bats.

The only problem is that this newest incarnation of Dinah isn't quite as awesome as she once was. Perhaps, with time, she'll get her swagger back.

@br_havoc said:

Completely agree.

Nope and and they already dated,even then was not as flashy or interesting than her relationship with Green Arrow.

When did that happen?

@Gambler said:

You can ship Batman with just about any humanoid female character.

Fixed.

So True lol.

#47 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7672 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Pre-flashpoint... they dated since the 80s, during the Mike Grell's run and they married in Green Arrow/Black Canary: Wedding Special (2007),later earned ongoing series Green Arrow/Black Canary.

#48 Posted by RustyRoy (9311 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Pokeysteve (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than Ollie but Bruce is too devoted to the bat and probably couldn't have a functioning relationship with anyone. Especially with the "playboy by day" persona and all. Maybe he can find a woman who would be ok with sharing him.

He better start looking. It appears Catwoman will be gone for a while =O

#50 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7672 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: LOL. I thought you asked me about when Green Arrow and Black Canary dated,Batman and Black Canary hook up in Silver age only