• 95 results
Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superdork

Can you see DC's/Warner's hints in their multimedia synergy campaign to promote the Justice League?

I bet you can see the movie cast. And Superman and Wonder Woman seem to be dating in the first video.

Jim Lee DCUO Wallpaper
Jim Lee DCUO Wallpaper
New52 Founders
New52 Founders
Justice League Doom
Justice League Doom
Lego Batman 2
Lego Batman 2
Justice League Earth's Final Defense
Justice League Earth's Final Defense
Injustice
Injustice
Sports Illustrated Cover
Sports Illustrated Cover

It looks like if someone won't be in the film, it will be Martian Manhunter and/or Aquaman.

*edit- new images added

DC Nation Logo
DC Nation Logo
Justice League Theme Park Ride
Justice League Theme Park Ride
Kia Justice League Promotion
Kia Justice League Promotion
colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman, Batman and Green Lantern already have had solo movies so these 3 are sure already in a Justice League movie. Warner will probably do solo movies for Flash and Wonder Woman after the Justice League movie. Like the cartoons, they always need an african american and in the cartoons, it was John Stewart and in the comics and the Justice League movie, it will probably be Cyborg. Cyborg was also used in the Smallville tv show Justice League. Aquaman needs more revamps to be useful in tv and the movies. Green Arrow continues to be seen as just a batman clone even with the cw tv show. Hawkman probably has more promise and the current comic book version is an improvement over the pre-Flashpoint versions.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

Lets not forget

Justice LEague: Alien Invasion 3D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KIA's Justice Laague Cars

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I want those cars.....badly

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade
sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sethysquare

@Superdork: arent u anti cyborg and hal jordan

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare: I like both characters. I just prefer John over Hal, and I want minor changes to Cyborg, but I like both characters. Anyway, this thread isn't about who I like or don't like. It's just about Warner's efforts to boost the profile of certain Justice League members (i.e. Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Victor Stone, etc.) to prepare the fanbase as well as wider audiences for a Justice League film. I see all these pieces working together as hints as well as a market branding effort to make these characters more popular and seem more iconic.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Funrush

As cool as Hawkman is, I don't want to lose Aquaman.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Stormbox

Cant wait to see blue guy, ninja chick and magic woman in the movie!!

J/k lol

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SUNMAN

@Superdork: I think this has been pretty obvious since the new 52 launched. DC's not even subtle about it. Go back and read some articles from a year ago about how WB's goal is to push the Justice League brand. This doesn't have to be the line-up for the movie. But it seems to be the line-up DC wants. The new Justice League origins arc was almost a potential screenplay for the Justice League movie. I don't think it will happen now because its too analogous to Avengers, but it seems pretty obvious what WB's intent is.

Look at the new Justice League action figures. The brand new Justice League Heroclix's. The "We Can be Heroes Campaign."

You don't have to be a genius to put two and two together. And anyone who has been paying attention over the last year will see this. It just doesn't come across to some message board posters cause they are not objective, and want to see their favorites etc., which is fine its a message board after all. The only real question is who will be directing and producing the movie cause that will have a big impact on how it turns out, from casting to story board. Hopefully WB goes out and gets a strong director and not someone they can easily manipulate like the Green Lantern director.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twentyfive

S'crazy, ain't it?

I just hope DC is serious about this new line-up. I want it to be the definitive JL roster for future generations.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superdork

@SUNMAN said:

@Superdork: I think this has been pretty obvious since the new 52 launched. DC's not even subtle about it. Go back and read some articles from a year ago about how WB's goal is to push the Justice League brand. This doesn't have to be the line-up for the movie. But it seems to be the line-up DC wants. The new Justice League origins arc was almost a potential screenplay for the Justice League movie. I don't think it will happen now because its too analogous to Avengers, but it seems pretty obvious what WB's intent is.

Look at the new Justice League action figures. The brand new Justice League Heroclix's. The "We Can be Heroes Campaign."

You don't have to be a genius to put two and two together. And anyone who has been paying attention over the last year will see this. It just doesn't come across to some message board posters cause they are not objective, and want to see their favorites etc., which is fine its a message board after all. The only real question is who will be directing and producing the movie cause that will have a big impact on how it turns out, from casting to story board. Hopefully WB goes out and gets a strong director and not someone they can easily manipulate like the Green Lantern director.

I totally agree with you, obviously. But one thing changed my mind from "this is what DC wants" to "this is what Warner wants", and that was the Kia Motors promotion. I mean, if a car company puts comic book characters on their vehicles when that probably won't bring that car company more buyers, then clearly someone at Warner wants people to be into those comics characters. And if comics aren't what's selling right now, then they are probably pushing a big project i.e. a movie.

And thanks for reminding me of the We Can Be Heroes campaign. This is nothing short of marketing on steroids.

@Twentyfive said:

S'crazy, ain't it?

I just hope DC is serious about this new line-up. I want it to be the definitive JL roster for future generations.

If Warner picks a visionary director who puts out a high quality product, you can bet that this version of the Justice League will continue to be pushed across all media platforms similar to how the film Avengers are. A good movie would boost Warner profits to crazy potential. Justice League toys, DVDs, clothes, books, theme park rides, video games, school products, etc. would sell like hot cakes.

Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars. Warner is their competitor and has been since both produced cartoons exclusively. If Warner wants to stay in the game, it has to slam dunk its Justice League properties.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OutlawRenegade

In all of the things we've listed so far, here are the number of appearances for each character:

Superman- 10/11 times

Batman- 11/11 times

Wonder Woman- 9/11 times

Green Lantern- 11/11 times

Flash- 10/11 times

Cyborg- 11/11 times

Aquaman- 4/11 times

Hawkman- 1/11 times

Supergirl- 1/11 times

While I like Aquaman, based on the above information, I don't think that he will be in the Justice League movie. I could be wrong. But he may have only been included in the New52 roster (1) to appease the comics fan base (2) to have the upcoming Throne of Atlantis crossover (3) to boost his profile because Geoff Johns wanted to write the character. If he does appear in the movie, it will be in a smaller/cameo role--like in New Frontier. This is understandable because no one outside of comic fandom takes him seriously. He'll probably get his own movie after Justice League though if there is enough support. I mean if Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy can get movies, then almost anyone can.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

@Superdork: have you seen this video. it's a cartoon made ot promote the Fischer Price animated DC toys. The video was posted in 2011, but it was made a few years before that.

I think it really foreshadows the direction DC wants to go with the Justice League. Also Wonder Woman isn't included because her action figure doesn't seem to sell as well, not that DC wouldn't include her in animated or live action Justice League stuff if they could.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are really the big 3. Flash and Green Lantern are the next up. And as you and I as well have others have noted WB's been trying to insert Cyborg onto the Justice LEague for years now. He almost made it onto the Justice LEague cartoon, than they tried making him a girl for another female members, than they just scrapped him altogether.

Green Arrow and Hawkman are two other characters I think DC is also trying to push. With Green Arrow its pretty obvious. For Hawkman I just have a hunch.

Aquaman's getting a strong push as well. I think WB would like to use him, but they are gauging public interest, and his inclusion may depend on the story. He's still super strong and very durable, but he's way more interesting when you play up his aquatic powers.

As fo rMartian Manhunter I haven't seen much of a push with him. I know Bruce Timm likes to use him in DC animated films, but even than he rarely gets to shine like the other heroes. I see Aquaman and Martian Manhunter as the two heroes likeliest t be cut out of a Justice League film. We just know DC likes Aquaman, I'm not sure how big they are on Martian Manhunter

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superdork

@SUNMAN: I have seen that Fisher Price Super Friends episode! Apparently if it got enough support, they would have made more of them, but they didn't. I thought it was okay, but it was too much like the old Super Friends. They should have been more tongue in cheek or more random--like Adenture time or Spongebob. It would have appealed to children more that way, but it also could have been too similar to that Marvel show or Batman The Brave and The Bold.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SUNMAN

sick

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@SUNMAN: Those videos were a good find! I didn't see any on Flash or Green Lantern though.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade: which videos? The car ones?

here is one of Jim Lee talking about all the cars and he mentions the Flash and GL rides.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OutlawRenegade
No Caption Provided
Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superdork

@OutlawRenegade: Thanks!

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I want to see some concepts first I'm really want to see this movie happening

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Studio ramps up effort to maximize DC's Justice League heroes via games, TV, pics

By MARC GRASER

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

Until Warner Bros. assembles its creative team around a "Justice League" movie, the studio and DC Entertainment are focusing on getting audiences used to seeing the group's superheroes together in other ways.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg and the Flash

already appear in Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's "Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes," released in June, and will reunite for the videogame division's "Injustice: Gods Among Us," out next year.

But Variety has learned that WBIE is expected to reteam some of the characters in some form for the next installment in Rocksteady Studios' gritty vidgame series that began with "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City."

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voiced Batman and the Joker, respectively, in the previous games. Hamill has already said he won't be back to play the villain in the next game.

Warner Bros.' games group introduced the gritty "Batman: Arkham Asylum" game in 2009, followed by last year's "Batman: Arkham City," which was heavily promoted at Comic-Con.

Sequel sold 2 million units worldwide in its first week and quickly topped 6 million within the first month, besting the 4.3 million that the first sold overall.

New game would likely bow in 2014 at the earliest. Title was not discussed during the E3 games confab in June, with WBIE focusing on unveiling "Injustice."

Opening up Batman's world would make sense given that Warner Bros. is eager to replicate the success Marvel and Disney have had with "The Avengers," which has grossed $1.5 billion this summer at the worldwide box office and minted even more coin from the sale of toys and other licensed merchandise.

As Warner Bros. polishes a "Justice League" script by "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall that it hopes to get up on the bigscreen in 2015, the rest of the studio's divisions are making moves to fulfill Time Warner's mandate to monetize its stable of iconic superheroes:

•The studio is prepping the family pic "Lego: The Piece of Resistance," which will star Batman and Superman as animated mini-figures.

•Warner Home Video released its animated feature-length direct-to-homevid pic "Justice League: Doom" in February.

•Cartoon Network launched a new DC Nation programming block in the spring, showcasing heroes from DC's library, with shows anchored by "Young Justice" and "Green Lantern: The Animated Series."

•The CW will premiere "Arrow," about the Green Arrow, this fall.

•Warner Bros. Consumer Products brokered a deal with Lego and Mattel to create action figures and playsets featuring all of DC's heroes, which include the Justice League's main members. Division earned $6 billion from licensing deals last year and hopes to grow that through the new toy pacts.

•DC Comics relaunched the "Justice League" books last year as part of the New 52 reboot.

•And DC Entertainment kicked off its "We Can Be Heroes" campaign in January, with singer Chris Daughtry as its ambassador, to raise awareness and funds to fight hunger in Africa. Effort involves Warner Bros. and Time Warner's other divisions and leans on the Justice League characters to educate the public on the issue. At Comic-Con, DC is hosting a "Darkness & Light: Art Inspired by Heroes & Villains, Hope & Heroism" art exhibit at the Michael J Wolf gallery, with sales benefitting the campaign.

These are just the first of a slew of projects expected to bow from WB's various divisions, sources tell Variety.

The first films to feature DC's heroes are coming together after Warner Bros. Pictures president Jeff Robinov took back control of how the characters are utilitzed in the studio's features in 2009. At the time, "Harry Potter" franchise steward Diane Nelson was put in charge of the reorganized DC Entertainment. Shortly thereafter, plans for "Man of Steel" were announced in 2010.

While Nelson is consulting on all projects involving the Justice League and its characters, the mandate for all of WB's divisions to boost their exposure comes from higher up the Time Warner executive ladder, perhaps from CEO Jeff Bewkes, sources tell Variety.

It will be another several months before Warner Bros. announces a new slate of superhero pics, Robinov has said. Until then, all roads already appear to lead to a "Justice League" team-up in some form.

"Green Lantern" scribes Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are writing "The Flash" for director Greg Berlanti, while another "Green Lantern" scribe, Michael Goldenberg, has been hired to write "Wonder Woman."

Warners toppers say they plan to reveal their upcoming film plans for DC's characters within the next several months.

Until then, it's clear that Christopher Nolan -- who has close ties to DC's top crime fighters after his Batman trilogy and producing duties on Superman reboot "Man of Steel," out next summer under helm of Zack Snyder -- won't direct "Justice League." While promoting "The Dark Knight Rises," he told reporters he's "finished" with Batman and "this is the end of our take on this character…I've got no plans to do anything more and certainly no involvement with any Justice League project."

WBIE declined to comment on upcoming game plans, as did DC Entertainment on the "Justice League."

Contact Marc Graser at marc.graser@variety.com

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OutlawRenegade

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moywar700

I hate that Cyborg is in there. because it feels so forced.Somebody at the top Warner Bros. want him in there in everything.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe Warner Brothers is into Cyborgcare ?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade said:

what's this playing cards or heroclix?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

what's this playing cards or heroclix?

I know for sure that the company is heroclix. I'm not sure if there are cards or figures in there though. I would guess cards, but I must admit that I've never played/bought with anything heroclix has made (yet).

@moywar700 said:

I hate that Cyborg is in there. because it feels so forced.Somebody at the top Warner Bros. want him in there in everything.

I respectfully disagree.

@colonyofcells said:

Maybe Warner Brothers is into Cyborgcare ?

If that's an Obama joke, here you go

No Caption Provided
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Captain13

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By turoksonofstone

Good god the Jim Lee superman costume is an eyesore and a half.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By colonyofcells

It does seem like everyone got the same memo from Warner Brothers to always include Cyborg ?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Superdork

This thread seems more relevant now that we're seeing more Justice League movie news.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUNMAN

@Superdork said:

This thread seems more relevant now that we're seeing more Justice League movie news.

all this will be for naught if they don't try to include this lineup in the movie.

I mean if Cyborg isn't in the movie you'd think they would at least include Victor Stone and have him be significant toward the plot

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superdork

@SUNMAN said:

@Superdork said:

all this will be for naught if they don't try to include this lineup in the movie.

I mean if Cyborg isn't in the movie you'd think they would at least include Victor Stone and have him be significant toward the plot

I'm still willing to bet that he will be in the film as Cyborg. The roster news so far has been pure rumor--and it's usually conflicting.

I know that people would be pissed at an all white roster when avengers had Nick Fury. I don't think John Stewart will be chosen because some people might say "Isn't Green Lantern white?"--though I do love John and would be happy to see him instead of Hal. So Cyborg has to be in it if Warner knows what they are doing.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN

@Superdork said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Superdork said:

I'm still willing to bet that he will be in the film as Cyborg. The roster news so far has been pure rumor--and it's usually conflicting.

I know that people would be pissed at an all white roster when avengers had Nick Fury. I don't think John Stewart will be chosen because some people might say "Isn't Green Lantern white?"--though I do love John and would be happy to see him instead of Hal. So Cyborg has to be in it if Warner knows what they are doing.

Which is funny cause when the Green Lantern movie came out I know a lot of people were saying. "Wait isn't Green Lantern black? At least the fans who were first introduced to him through the Justice League cartoon

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Superdork

@SUNMAN said:

@Superdork said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Superdork said:

Which is funny cause when the Green Lantern movie came out I know a lot of people were saying. "Wait isn't Green Lantern black? At least the fans who were first introduced to him through the Justice League cartoon

If Hal didn't have his animated series, then John would still be more popular among general audiences because the Green Lantern film was just terrible. Warner needs to stop flip flopping on its characters, but it should also promote diversity.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc is now consistent in using Justice League with Supes, Bats, WW, Barry and Hal in all media. No more Wally West, Bart Allen, John Stewart, etc which confuses the customers.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

awesomeness

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Justice League Flashpoint Paradox is another example

No Caption Provided

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#41  Edited By Black_Claw
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: they haven't announced his voice actor at this time, but he should be in the film.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@black_claw: He hasn't been casted (yet) or it's not release yet. Not really a surprise that he's not considered a main character though since he only had 2 lines in Origin. His role was a glorified cameo, and he did nothing in the Justice League comic until Throne of Atlantis... It might be wise to save his introduction for that film, where he'll get the quality limelight he deserves... The preview for War on the Flashpoint DVD shows Shazam though, so

a)Arthur may be replaced

b)Aquaman, Shazam, and others may have glorified cameos like in Crisis on Two Earths

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Captain13

@black_claw: maybe OR has found one, but i have onky seen a soundleess version at the end of the animeflavor flaspoint paradox videos. i think more info will be released at sdcc

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Captain13

Slides on the DC Nation Intro

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DC Nation Intro (No Sound & A Little Laggy)

Loading Video...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Black_Claw

So after the climax of Trinity War, does anybody think a new design for Cyborg is on it's way? If so, does anybody think that they're gonna use that new design for the Synergy Campaign? Because Jim Lee's Cyborg design is hideous.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@black_claw: Agreed. And i really hope they use the Jeremy Roberts design or something close to it.