• 81 results
OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

"Following from this were three trailers for current/upcoming DC projects.... This third one [Flashpoint Paradox] bought with it a the news that as in the comics with the Flashpoint event leading to the New 52, so this movie will do the same for the DC animated movie universe. It seems that, for now at least, future DC animated movies will be set in the New 52 universe."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/18/dc-comics-101-essentials-sdcc/

Geoff Johns has pull.

Reactions below.

Edit/Update-

Disproven?

On the longer animated features side of things, DC just announced their next three films. The news was rolled out after the screening of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. We’ll be seeing Justice League: War in 2014 based off the first storyline from Geoff Johns in the rebooted 52 Universe, Son of Batman which is about Damian Wayne, andBatman: Assault on Arkham. That last one is pretty self explanatory. So you have New 52 Justice League, the story that introduced us to Damian Wayne, and an Arkham movie all coming down the pipeline. I would imagine DC will stick to their three movies a year plan, so this could all be coming up throughout 2014.That’s all the news there is at this time, but we’ll obviously be hearing a lot more about this soon. What do you think about the news of DC‘s next animated efforts?

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/sdcc-13-dc-announces-a-bruce-timm-short-plus-their-next-wave-of-animated-films-155312

There's also a rumor going around that after the two Batman films is going to be a Justice League film titled Justice League: Invasion which is supposed to adapt Throne of Atlantis.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?461139-Two-new-animated-features-announced-for-after-JL-War-(They-re-both-Batman!)&p=17328998

------

Also, I just saw the sneak peek for Justice League: War, and it looks like Shazam will replace Aquaman. -_-

Does this story need another flying brick with jet-black hair?

Post your thoughts below.

--EDIT/UPDATE 2:

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

There are still so many Pre Flashpoint and Elseworlds titles they could use but no, they have to stick with the disjointed New 52 universe. It's saddening that Johns' pitifully bad Justice League origin arc will be adapted before The Killing Joke, Kingdom Come or truly memorable, iconic DC stories.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to hear. Sure there are still a lot of pre 52 stories that would make a good animated film. But I'm glad to see DC committed to the New 52 when it comes to animation.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

There are so many pre-52 DC stories that should be brought into the animated universe but because Johns wants his stupid creation called the New 52 have more popularity,we will be getting only New 52 movies.That's just great.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#5  Edited By Black_Claw

The new 52 movies have a lot of potential, but damn it I really wanted to see movies based off of The Judas Contract and the Killing Joke.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If we don't get a Sinestro Corps War - we've been cheated.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Glad to hear. Sure there are still a lot of pre 52 stories that would make a good animated film. But I'm glad to see DC committed to the New 52 when it comes to animation.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm glad to see the commitment and in a way, this is good so new watchers won't get confused by two continuities...but man, I wanted a Sinestro Corps War movie.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

If we don't get a Sinestro Corps War - we've been cheated.

Thankfully, the Sinstro Corps war (along with damn near all the pre flashpoint GL continuity) is still canon in the new 52. They all just happened in a shorter amount of time due to the whole 5 year thing.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crosses finger for a Batman and Robin "Born to Kill" movie.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hawkguy

I guarantee the trench, throne of Atlantis and the court of owls are right around the corner. In a way I don't mind but some pre new52 would be nice to see

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilben42

It's all Geoff Johns fault!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An adaptation of Kingdom Come or Justice would perfect with this kind of animation:

Loading Video...

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An adaptation of Kingdom Come or Justice would perfect with this kind of animation:

Loading Video...

In total agreement there. I have both, an Justice in Absolute edition. Love Ross' art. It would cost a BOMB, but if they released it in the cinema. I think they'd get their money's worth. Kingdom Come is something all good fans want to see.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By CaptainLantern76
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger: agreed except that i loved the JL origin but it wasnt for everyone

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

That would be perfect. Why was this never considered?

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they just mean they will be doing new 52 looks for all characters. I still have hope for a blackest night movie

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome. Don't get all the hate about the New 52, they have some great story lines that DC could use.

The_Boogieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In that case, I want Court of Owls and Animal Man!

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Don't get all the hate about the New 52, they have some great story lines that DC could use.

Oh, no doubt about that. I would love to see Court of Owls, Rotworld, Throne of Atlantis, etc. adapted into animated films. But the problem here is that its ALL they're doing now, which means we'll never get to see any of the multitude of fantastic pre-reboot stories that would make for great animated movies, stuff like Kingdom Come, Judas Contract, Killing Joke, so on and so forth.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Really want "Nightwing Traps and Trapezed" made in to a movie. And as a bonus feature: Nightwings part in "Night of Owls"

I also would love an Earth 2 movie. I might want it to be a different story then just Grundy.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

If this is true then Court of Owls,Death of the Family,Throne of Atlantis,Trinity War and Forever Evil are a lock.Maybe the Others and Zero Year as well.

Looks like Flashpoint is gonna be the last DC universe movie that I'll buy,if DC insists on producing sub par crap then I have no problem saying that I will pirate them.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@lvenger said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

Loading Video...

That would be perfect. Why was this never considered?

If GLTAS and Young Justice were considered too expensive, then a whole movie with DCUO Cinematic animation would be waytoo expensive...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fodigg

And so the final blow to that old bastion of quality DC properties, the Animated DCU. Let me just put it on the record even though it's obvious, the new 52 should have just been the animated DCU. Not the other way around.

I'm sure we'll still get some decent animated films from it, but no longer will we be able to turn to the animated stuff for under-served/missing characters. They've been heading in that direction for a while, but it's still a bummer.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Positives and negatives, of course.

Positives:

1. Have to admire DC's decision to stand by their reboot
  2. New comic fans as a result of the n52 will fell more involved with the animated features
  3. Gives a chance to characters and titles that have increased in popularity since the reboot (e.g. Animal Man and Swamp Thing)
  4. Good stories from the reboot will be animated more sooner now that reboot DCU is only considered (e.g. A Court of Owls, Aquaman: The Trench, The Kill Machine etc.)

Negatives:

1. Decision to focus on reboot removes the possibility of animating some of the most acclaimed and popular story lines (such as Sinestro Corps War, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Kingdom Come etc.) - which will undoubtedly upset longtime comic readers
  2. Removes possibility to animate characters that have not yet featured in the animated films, and are absent from the comics thus far (e.g. Wally West, Ted Kord, etc.)
  3. The characters used may not necessarily be the versions or designs of the characters that longtime fans like/prefer (e.g. Martian Manhunter, Mr. Freeze)

I've enjoyed the rebooted comics quite a bit, but obviously sad to hear that some of my favourite stories won't be made. Overall, as long as DC puts out good quality animated features, I'll be happy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: A fair point. But damn, that 6 minute animation was awesome looking.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Mark Hamill better be Joker in DotF

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lulz. This is the dumbest thing they could possibly do.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

shame :-(

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed.

Very disappointed.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kwodam

Great just stop dowing jeff johns stuff And start dowing scott snyder stuff. Then i am okay with it

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Bruxae

This is awesome news! Thanks for sharing.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

well f&*( me sideways

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummer.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I hear alot of butthurt in this thread but I for one am excited. While not everybody loved JL Origin I liked it alot an am pretty excited for it. IMO its a story that will work even better as a movie that it did as a comic. Villains Journey was great as well and Throne of Atlantis was just amazing. A 2 part Court of Owls/Night of Owls movie would be amazing as well. There are quite a few New 52 storylines that would make epic movies.

That being said sure Im a tad dissapointed that we wont be getting Kingdom Come or Killing Joke anytime soon but that doesnt mean we will NEVER get them. They said that this is the direction theyre taking future DC animated movies for the foreseeable future but that may change in a few years and they will sprinkle in a few elseworlds movies here and there.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WELLDONE

so we might get a captain atom movie?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I was getting sick of the red shorts there too anyways... Now for The Adventures of Superman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Removes possibility to animate characters that have not yet featured in the animated films, and are absent from the comics thus far (e.g. Wally West, Ted Kord, etc.)

Ted Kord I agree with, but Wally West? He's been featured way to much in animation. Its time to give the other Flashes a chance.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Hey DC fans!

"Following from this were three trailers for current/upcoming DC projects.... This third one [Flashpoint Paradox] bought with it a the news that as in the comics with the Flashpoint event leading to the New 52, so this movie will do the same for the DC animated movie universe. It seems that, for now at least, future DC animated movies will be set in the New 52 universe."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/18/dc-comics-101-essentials-sdcc/

Geoff Johns has pull.

Reactions below.

Loading Video...

DC has no regard for its readers it seems. Suicide by New52

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Killing Joke can still be amde,because is recognized one of the few cannon stories in New 52.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is some stuff I'd like to see animated:

• Aquaman: The Trench
  • Aquaman/JL: Throne of Atlantis
  • Aquaman: The Others
  • Batman and Robin: Born to kill
  • Demon Knights
  • Supergirl: Worldkillers
OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disproven?

On the longer animated features side of things, DC just announced their next three films. The news was rolled out after the screening of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. We’ll be seeing Justice League: War in 2014 based off the first storyline from Geoff Johns in the rebooted 52 Universe, Son of Batman which is about Damian Wayne, and Batman: Assault on Arkham. That last one is pretty self explanatory. So you have New 52 Justice League, the story that introduced us to Damian Wayne, and an Arkham movie all coming down the pipeline. I would imagine DC will stick to their three movies a year plan, so this could all be coming up throughout 2014.That’s all the news there is at this time, but we’ll obviously be hearing a lot more about this soon. What do you think about the news of DC‘s next animated efforts?

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/sdcc-13-dc-announces-a-bruce-timm-short-plus-their-next-wave-of-animated-films-155312

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@sinestro_gl said:

1. Removes possibility to animate characters that have not yet featured in the animated films, and are absent from the comics thus far (e.g. Wally West, Ted Kord, etc.)

Ted Kord I agree with, but Wally West? He's been featured way to much in animation. Its time to give the other Flashes a chance.

Well, so far in the animated movies, it's been Barry Allen.

I'm fine with that as Barry is my favourite Flash by far, but many fans continually voice their concerns about the lack of Wally since the reboot. I guess it's understandable since Barry left the mantle of the Flash to Wally for so many years. In that time, a whole new generation of comic fans came.