What If, Jonathan Hickman Wrote The Justice League ?

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I've Been Thinking About This For A While, I Read His FF, Fantastic Four, The Avengers, S.H.E.I.L.D and My Fav Marvel Comic New Avengers. An Black Panther As The Unofficial Leader Of The New Avengers, Made Me Think About Him Writing Batman and The Other Members Of The League. Imagine Him Doing A Big Story Like How Morrison Used To Do, An It Pains Me To Say Might Do A Better Job Than Geoff Johns Is Doing Which Will Be Near Impossible To Do If You Ask Me.

Enough Of Me Ranting So What Do You, Would It Suck, Would It Be Awesome or Just OK.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It would be worth the money DC's charging for the bloody thing. Johns did not bring his A game to the title. It's mediocre. Hickman would be better but I don't know how he'd write the mystical side of things (WW, Shazam and to an extent Aquaman), he's primarily a Sci Fi writer

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: i think johns stories aren't as good as his other titles is because he needs to build to something amazing, like what morrison did with action comics.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

I would love it if he ever got the chance. His work on Avengers has been superb so far, and his tastes do seem to work well for large-scale superhero team books (see Ultimates, SHIELD, Secret Warriors etc). I think Hickman would be able to bring the whole 'gods on Earth' vibe of the Morrison run. If it's anything like his present Avengers, the team would probably be filled with cosmic characters too (Orion!)

As for Johns' run, Throne of Atlantis was a high point, but the bulk of his JL work is so mediocre. The stories and villains are mediocre, most of the dialogue sounds off, and the character interactions are just....sigh. Hal acting like an arse, Bats and Aquaman acting like douches, Superman and WW's bleh relationship....

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Then it would be a worthwhile title and I would read the s### out of it.

@veshark: I think you mean Johns, towards the end of your post.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It would be a far better book than it is now.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

I've Been Thinking About This For A While, I Read His FF, Fantastic Four, The Avengers, S.H.E.I.L.D and My Fav Marvel Comic New Avengers. An Black Panther As The Unofficial Leader Of The New Avengers, Made Me Think About Him Writing Batman and The Other Members Of The League. Imagine Him Doing A Big Story Like How Morrison Used To Do, An It Pains Me To Say Might Do A Better Job Than Geoff Johns Is Doing Which Will Be Near Impossible To Do If You Ask Me.

Enough Of Me Ranting So What Do You, Would It Suck, Would It Be Awesome or Just OK.

You can't be serious. A retarded parrot could write a better Justice League than Geoff Johns.

Hickman would write an awful Justice League, the same way he writes an awful "Avengers". I use quotation marks as that series as has less to do with the Avengers, and more to do with quasi-conceptual, pretentious cosmic entities with no personalities and ill defined power sets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I like his work on other titles so he would be awesome on JL. That said though, I have been loving Geoff Johns' stuff so far.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool opinion bro

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers