• 63 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Recently, we went over some possibilities for who the next Juggernaut could be and sadly, completely left Rockslide out of the running. In issue #17 of AMAZING X-MEN, writer Chris Yost and artist Jorge Fornés revealed who the new avatar of Cyttorak was, and it was someone on that potential Juggernaut list. Spoilers coming up, so if you want to stay in the dark, you best turn away now.

No Caption Provided

One of the folks we listed was simply jotted down as "Unknown Person." The character was not revealed in issue #16, but we find out in issue #17 that it is Ahmet Abdol, The Living Monolith, and that's who has been chosen to become the avatar of Cyttorak. Gaze upon him and all his giant glory.

No Caption Provided

Abdol was once a professor of Egyptology and archaeologist before he discovered he could manipulate cosmic energy. Abdol used his powers to create a cult around himself and wanted to rule the world. Abdol found out Havok had the same power, but did it in a more efficient way, so Abdol kidnapped him and used him to increase his power. That's when Abdol became the Living Monolith. As his story went on, there's also a connection to Mister Sinister, who performed a procedure on him to activate his dormant powers.

No Caption Provided

Abdol hasn't been seen in some time, other than in passing in a recent issue of UNCANNY X-MEN. On his own, Abdol's powers are impressive, but now that he has the powers of the Juggernaut as well, how is anyone going to stop him?

Just check out the picture above. The guy is gigantic and there's only one telepath on the team. Also, how are the X-Men going to get the giant helmet off in order to give him a psychic blast? This is going to be one gigantic battle for the X-Men in part 4 of "The Once and Future Juggernaut" story line.

We don't know for sure if this will stick and if someone else will become Juggernaut afterwards (we're rooting for Cain Marko, by the way), but for right now, your new Juggernaut is The Living Monolith.

What do you think about the Living Monolith becoming the new Juggernaut?

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

How cool would it have been if Rockslide became the Juggernaut!?

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope they actually use this character if they're gonna go to the trouble of creating him like this. Cool look though

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Man, I wanted Cain... :-\

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

This is a fantastic turn of events!

It's sad when The Living Monolith has been used more in MAA, a game that's been around for 3 years, than in the decades since he first appeared in the original X-Men run.

I hope Cain can make a pivot and do something more than merely exist as a pawn. Surely, his time Utah gave him time to find personal purpose and direction.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lame sauce.

Man, I wanted Cain... :-\

Same.

I want him as Juggie and back on the X-Men.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't read the comic, so I had no idea Juggernaut was that big a deal. I always thought he was just a regular guy in a super strong suit.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Isn't the Living Monolith powerful enough already (Sorry, haven't been keeping up with this character)?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dumb

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's coming back to Cain Marko just wait and see

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I knew it. Characther that arent named or showed fully, they always have or are important keys to the plot.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I don't see it lasting. Makes for a cool threat for a few books, then back to status quot I hope. Not going to have a "Juggernaut" the size of a building walking around forever. A bit too much and not a character one can easily develop or get into aside from a "cool" temporary threat needing to be dealt with.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact he is that size tells me this is going to be temporary. No way is a Juggernaut larger than mountains is going to be a permanent fixture unless he can alter his size at will.

I would have preferred Marko returning or Crossbones/some ruthless street leveler to take the mantle but oh well.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cool look, but when i saw this i was like...what?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why so big?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not gonna last unless he gets a height reduction.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God no... the options on your list were all much better.

@keroga: I would love that so much.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I did not see that coming.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giga-Juggernaut was a nice surprise, but it obviously won't last that long. I give it a year (at most) before the gem goes to someone else (unless he loses it next chapter).

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wanted cross bones.Oh well let us see if this turns out to be epic or not.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already know now..... bahhh i'm still going to read the comic tonight or this weekend.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was awesome.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awwwwwwww yea.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, now that's a throwback.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By amseaton

Dislike!!!

I was rooting for the Island of Krakoa.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Whirlwind as Juggernaut could have been really cool. They could very easily mash those classic costumes up in a way that pays tribute to both characters. Their powers would also play off of one another.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmaprice: I thought I was the only one who thought that!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with it.....could've been better, but why not Monolith.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego

"On his own, Abdol's powers are impressive, but now that he has the powers of the Juggernaut as well, how is anyone going to stop him?"

Very well done with the wordplay! ;)

Anyway, I think its pretty cool although as others have mentioned its unfeasible to have a rampaging, unstoppable mountain of smashing so it'll probably change soon.

Shame though the potential smashing-ness is great.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The combination of their powers raises 2 interesting questions

1) the living monolith absorbs cosmic energy to grow and maintain his superhuman form. If he raises his force field from his Juggernaut power set, this should block the cosmic energy and thus cause him to shrink. So are the power sets at odds with each other?

2) previously the living monolith once he got past a certain size (60' tall or so), he would continually absorb cosmic energy and eventually grow large enough to reach his living planet form (he did this once before). However his mass grew quicker than his strength so past a certain size (500' or so) he could not move. Now with the massive power of the juggernaut added in this might not be the case. I wonder if Marvel will let him go continue to grow this time and remain mobile?

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been kind of a weak arc considering the ramifications. The art's been one of the biggest drawbacks.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vendel

My bets are on Cain becoming The Juggernaut again next issue. This nonsense can't last.

Is what I would say if anyone at Marvel seemed to give a crap any more.

Although with they way they have treated Cain recently one wonders why any fan would want him to go though that again.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think It is cool just to imagine what some people would look like as the Juggernaut

I would like to see

1. Carnage

2. Iron Fist

3. Hulk

4. Quick Silver

As the Juggernaut

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

I wanted cross bones.Oh well let us see if this turns out to be epic or not.

Damn, now that's a throwback.

@cmaprice said:

Whirlwind as Juggernaut could have been really cool. They could very easily mash those classic costumes up in a way that pays tribute to both characters. Their powers would also play off of one another.

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's coming back to Cain Marko just wait and see

I hope you're right.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullet_to_the_head: I was also interested in what the hulk would look like as juggernaut and what the power would do for him

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain, NOOOOOOOOO

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By adamTRMM

I don't think it will stick, to my disappointment I have this feeling Cain will get this power by the end of the arc with this cliche "It's my burden to wield, now cry me a river". I want to be wrong though, Cain as Juggernaut is meh. I like him better now that he's a mid-tier (maybe above) brick.

Pistolwhip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pistolwhip1

I like the others that have posted before me really wish Cain to return being the Juggernaut. Cain will most likely return to being the Juggernaut later on, hopefully not depowered this time around. In the mean time if they're going to have a new avatar for Cyttorak then I hope it's someone that can add more interesting aspects. Don't get me wrong the original Juggernaut was fine the way he is, but Colossus didn't really add anything except for metal skin (cosmetic change). I want the new avatar to have additional powers that will mesh with their new found super strength, and invulnerability.

Another thing I want to see is more Cyttorak. Outside of the old comics where he kidnapped Galactus, and his heralds along with Classic Doctor Strange, and banishing Colossus with a portion of the Phoenix Force he really doesn't have a lot of feats going for him. Would love to see more of what he can do, and where exactly he measures in the whole cosmic hierarchy.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By SoA

i thought it was going to be black tom

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

so thought it would be garrok lol. too bad havok isnt around

LordWhis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the others that have posted before me really wish Cain to return being the Juggernaut. Cain will most likely return to being the Juggernaut later on, hopefully not depowered this time around. In the mean time if they're going to have a new avatar for Cyttorak then I hope it's someone that can add more interesting aspects. Don't get me wrong the original Juggernaut was fine the way he is, but Colossus didn't really add anything except for metal skin (cosmetic change). I want the new avatar to have additional powers that will mesh with their new found super strength, and invulnerability.

Another thing I want to see is more Cyttorak. Outside of the old comics where he kidnapped Galactus, and his heralds along with Classic Doctor Strange, and banishing Colossus with a portion of the Phoenix Force he really doesn't have a lot of feats going for him. Would love to see more of what he can do, and where exactly he measures in the whole cosmic hierarchy.

I feel the same way.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not sure how you can keep him as Juggernaut for too long since he is so damn big and powerful. I see them beating him and someone (likely Marko) will regain the power of Cyytorak afterward. If Monolith remains Juggernaut He'd likely get locked away or covered by endless amounts of rubble which would just keep the character locked away (we don't want that).

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading this story due mostly to being a fan of Juggs. But I have to say the art has been cringe worthy. Other than that it's been a good story so far. I still think Marko becomes the Juggernaught by the end.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_average_bear: The Living Monolith has been around since, like, the late 60's. They do use him, he just hasn't turned up for a while.