inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

In the current run of Christopher Yost's and Jorge Fornés' AMAZING X-MEN, the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak has reappeared and it's a race to see who can grab it to become the next avatar of Cyttorak AKA the Juggernaut. While villains are off to the location to find the gem, the X-Men are there as well to make sure no one gains its power. Also being pulled towards the gem are two characters who have held the power before: Colossus and Cain Marko.

With part three of this four part story hitting stores on Wednesday, February 25th, fans are beginning to wonder who if anyone, will become the next Juggernaut. We decided to take a look at the most important players in this current arc to see who could be the next avatar of Cyttorak. There is actually a chance that no one will become the next Juggernaut, but where's the fun in that?

While the first two picks are merely fantasy picks, since the Gem did not call to them, it did call out to five other people, so let's take a look at who could have a chance at wearing the giant red armor.

Storm

No Caption Provided

How insane would it be if Storm became the next Juggernaut? Although it's not very plausible, Storm has been very vocal about how dangerous the Gem is and even forced Colossus to stay back at the school so he wouldn't feel tempted to regain the Juggernaut's powers. Chances of this happening are extremely slim, but it would be an incredibly cool turn for the character and book and prove that no one is safe from the Gem's influence. However, much like when Colossus had the power, Storm would become extremely over-powered and almost unstoppable, so aside from being a worthy X-Men adversary, there's not too much fun in that.

Rachel Summers

No Caption Provided

Out of the rest of the X-Men involved in the hunt for the Gem, Rachel Summers has been a pretty big part of this story line, helping the team battle off all the people that felt the calling of the Gem. Frankly she's just on this list because it would be a real cool addition to the book. Rachel has been around here and there, but she's been in the background quite a bit or felt like a sidekick. We'd love to see Rachel get some of the spotlight and what better way to give her the powers of the Juggernaut. On top of that, she's a telepath, which is what you need to stop Juggernaut. Sure, just like Storm, she'd be a bit over-powered, but it would be great to see this secondary character get a little more spotlight.

Crossbones

No Caption Provided

Here's where we get into the section of people who actually felt the call of the Gem of Cyttorak. Crossbones was busy killing AIM soldiers in South America when he felt the call of Cyttorak which speaks to a certain type of person, mainly those who can be controlled. Crossbones is a man who works for hire, a mercenary, and one that is already pretty powerful on his own but without super-powers, since his powers from the Terrigen mists seemed to have disappeared. If you want a terrifying Juggernaut who doesn't hold back and is willing to kill, then Crossbones is the perfect fit. Out of everyone listed, Crossbones is the deadliest choice.

Man-Killer

No Caption Provided

Man-Killer is a reformed villain and ex-member of the Thunderbolts with a pretty awful name. She also heard the call of the Gem while having a drink in Colorado. While the character has been around since the 1970s, Man-Killer hasn't been seen in the past few years. She's got this tough, Brigitte Nielsen look going for her and she's already in red, so the transition to Juggernaut could be easy. She's at the temple where the gem appears and just like everyone else searching for it, she's not someone you want to mess with.

Fahd Alireza AKA Jinn

No Caption Provided

Not sure who Fahd Alireza is? Don't worry. He hasn't appeared in much and he's only been used by Chris Yost. Alireza is an assassin from Dubai with pyrokinetic powers. He can also create fire, along side controlling it. Part 2 of the story line has shown that Alireza is one tough cookie and wants to find the Gem that spoke to him. He does seem like a character that you can reason with though, making dealing with Alireza possible. It's hard to say what Alireza will be like if he becomes the Juggernaut, since so little is known about him. However, because he's a Yost created character, there's a good chance he could become the avatar.

Unknown Person

No Caption Provided

When they're showing the characters that are being called by the Gem, there's one page where we can't see who it is, from the Sahara Desert. What characters are from that area that could be hearing the call? Chances are that this is going to be the next avatar of Cyttorak just because we haven't see him or her, but until then, we'll have to wait and see who this surprise character is.

Colossus

No Caption Provided

Colossus having the powers of the Juggernaut felt a bit silly. He was extremely over-powered, and it just felt pointless. However, just like most of the characters called to the Gem, Colossus wants to go to it. This is one of the more compelling parts of this story line since everyone wants Colossus as far away from the Gem as possible. While Colossus becoming the avatar for Cyttorak doesn't seem incredibly likely, since he's had his time, it still makes for a really interesting story. However, he's still more plausible than Rachel or Storm.

Cain Marko

No Caption Provided

Last and certainly not least is Cain Marko, who has spent the majority of his time, outside of the Juggernaut costume, farming with a really sweet beard. Cain and the Gem go way back to the early days of the X-Men and where his step-brother, Charles Xavier had to stop Cain time and time again with psychic blasts. While Cain arrives late to the party in this story, fans would love to see him wear the Juggernaut outfit again and maybe even try to start fresh as a hero, again. Cain still walks that line between hero and villain, so how he'll fit into this story is a still a bit of a unknown until the next issue.

While the Gem could potentially pick anyone to be the avatar of Cyttorak, five of these people are extremely plausible to become the next Juggernaut and two of them are a mere pipe dream. Make sure to check out AMAZING X-MEN #17, on sale Wednesday, February 24th, to find out if anyone gains the power or not. Who do you want to become the next Juggernaut?

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"him where the Juggernaut outfit again"

Wear.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Storm became Juggs(no pun intended) then basically she'd be Thor.

My vote goes for Cain. I like original.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm pretty sure Yost already gave away that it will be Cain Marco.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

In this era of diversity I give it to Man-Killer. This will of course be short lived because it will eventually make its way back to Marco.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give it back to Colossus.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain for the win again !!!. i'm anxiously awaiting this one tomorrow !!

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want crossbones to get the gem

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit I wanna see Crossbones get it. Not just because they've been teasing Age of Hydra, but because a gun-toting psychopath like Crossbones being Juggernaut would be almost too awesome lolz.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's Man-Killer (PC) or Marko...

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Cain Marko or Crossbones.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forget Rockslide. xD

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

what about J2, Juggy's son. Total  badass with hes 90's grunge flannel tied around hes waist and doc martens
what about J2, Juggy's son. Total badass with hes 90's grunge flannel tied around hes waist and doc martens
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Please, let Cain be Juggernaut again. He deserves it.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15 inferiorego  Staff

what about J2, Juggy's son. Total badass with hes 90's grunge flannel tied around hes waist and doc martens

Sadly, the M2 Universe doesn't count and when I interviewed Yost about this story, months ago, I asked him about J2 and got this response:

CV: Fun question: Is there any way you would ever bring J2 over to the 616 universe and would he still have a flannel tied around his waist?

YOST: No. But if I did, he’d have the flannel. And I’d simultaneously bring over Hipster Juggernaut from the 25825H universe and have them fight.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Cain Marko or Crossbones.

This. Colossus was ridiculous to the point of being unlikable IMO and I feel like Cain is still the best and only true Juggernaut. However, could you imagine someone with the skill of Crossbones being endowed with that much power? That would be amazing to see.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to bet on who I though would take it, I'd go:

1. Cain
  2. Man-Killer
  3. Unknown Person (wouldn't hide the identity if it didn't affect the story in some fashion)
Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing Man-Killer/Amazon take it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebelpunk13 said:

Sadly, the M2 Universe doesn't count and when I interviewed Yost about this story, months ago, I asked him about J2 and got this response:

CV: Fun question: Is there any way you would ever bring J2 over to the 616 universe and would he still have a flannel tied around his waist?

YOST: No. But if I did, he’d have the flannel. And I’d simultaneously bring over Hipster Juggernaut from the 25825H universe and have them fight.

This begs to question... What happens when to Juggernauts collide?

kenshiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I suspect the new Juggernaut is Black Tom Cassidy (possibly who has the hidden identity, he has a cane like him). Black Tom is evil and he knows perfectly how works the Juggernaut's power, in fact, he tasted that power once time ago... and he is related with his old friend... Cain Marko.

I hope the next issue is revealed that (The Amazing X-Men #17)

This is the last scan from The Amazing X-Men #16

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle

They should just introduce a new character who has some sort of unfortunate physical disability, or has the sh*t mutation of being physically weak.....then the Gem allows him to experience sensations previously unknown to him...

Ya know....Tell a story. Have an arc with a character. Do something creatively interesting with a character instead of just giving it someone so they can be like "OMG, dudes totally gonna whoop da Hulkz azz now!!"

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain will always be the best juggernaut

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I don't fault Marvel for wanted to switch things up and bring some new blood to The Juggernaut, but Cain Marko is one of my all time favorite X characters and I hate that I don't get to see him anymore.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

If one of the Nova corp got the gem, could they fly through planets?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Cain Marko as Juggernaut but Crossbones wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Minazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love for Cain to regain it.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Crossbones would be nice.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont see it happening but if you combined the Juggernauts costume with Crossbones', youd get a sick uniform

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Y'know if it picked Squirrel Girl, very little would even change

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Bring back WOlverine and make him Juggernaut! Wakka wakka!!!

~MiB

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Crossbones would have very interesting potential.

Avatar image for deactivated-631e24ed8198c
deactivated-631e24ed8198c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Am I the only one rooting for Rockslide? I'm so tired of marvel not using the x-kids they create all along, anyway it would be an interesting addition to his powers.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain. I will accept no substitutes.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEGRAAF

Personal choice

1. Colossus (never thought he was over powered)

2. Cross Bones (would be bad ass)

3. Kain Marko (would like to see him access the higher levels of Juggernaut like Colossus did unless that is only for people with higher abilities to begin with)

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CurlyInsaneGuy

Storm and Colossus will get left out while the rest become the Cytorrak Six, obviously.

Haha, I actually hope Marko gets it. Though I'd honestly just like him to be used more even if he didn't get the power back.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I think the safest bet is Cain Marko, I'm hoping for Hope Summers so she can become her own entity.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain Marko is The Juggernaut.

He is not a hero. He is a mass-murdering sociopath. And we love him for it.

But until I see it I wont believe any writer will do him justice any more.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

A female Juggernaut could be interesting.

Kuyamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones! A tactical bad-ass turned unstoppable behemoth? Oh yeah! Sign me up.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

If Storm became Juggs(no pun intended) then basically she'd be Thor.

My vote goes for Cain. I like original.

LOL i know right. But I vote Colossus

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By SoA

man-killer or cain

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Cain back

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's going to be nightcrawler. Imagine the storylines with his faith vs the demon powers inside him.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would want Storm to become the Juggernaut but only for a few minutes and decides to take it off from her.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The choices seem to be either Colossus or Cain himself. Solicits seem to suggest Colossus stands along against The Juggernaut. So he's either throwing down with Cain or he's facing down the 'demons' he ran into with Cyttorak.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Cain Marko...farming with a really sweet beard."

You had me there. Give Cain Marko all the gems!

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably going to be Cain again, Storm is already extremely buffed now, she will not receive anything before someone removes the Black Vortex power from her.