What Joker origins story do you prefer?

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I prefer the Killing Joke because I think it speaks more to his character and makes him more interesting because you have a normal guy whose life is destroyed and as a result of his loss he goes crazy and I think that gives people the thought "Wow that could be me if I lost my family." at least on some level I mean if you lost your family and loved ones wouldn't you go crazy or at least be on the verge?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marionettegeist

Between The Killing Joke and On a Beautiful Summer's Day He Was...

The former, for the philosophical implications, and the latter, because I like it when writers admit that some people are just born psychopaths, not tragic victims who were changed for the worst. The victim plot gets played out too much.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The ambiguity of his origin is the key for me. I like the idea of being able to play with different possible origins but never knowing for sure which, if any, is the truth. And while I think that The Killing Joke sums up that idea very nicely by the end of the comic, I don't much like the possible origin that it puts forth regarding the Joker having a pregnant wife and being roped into the heist, etc. So I choose to believe that this particular origin is not the case.