The Best Adaption Of The Joker Poll!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60370ee1024
deactivated-5a60370ee1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Best Adaption Of The Joker Poll! (38 votes)

Timmverse Joker / Diniverse Joker / DCAU Joker (Mark Hamill) (Batman: the Animated Series, Justice League, etc) 34%
Nolanverse Joker (Heath Ledger) (The Dark Knight) 24%
Arkhamverse Joker (Mark Hamill and Troy Baker) (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Origins) 42%

I decided to do this poll about to figure out peoples opinion on who the best Joker is, and who done the best adaption of the character. I decided to do these three as they have been considered to be critically acclaimed adaptions.

Personally, while I find myself loving the Nolanverse Joker, I really only love it for Ledger's great performance. Though, when I want a great performance AND a much more faithful version of the character, I find myself going to the DCAU Joker. Amazingly, a friend of mine linked me to an article detailing what Jeph Loeb had to say about who done the best adaption of the character, he simply replied saying, "Bruce Timm and Paul Dini."

He went onto to say that their Joker was "virtually flawless" and "which is really extraordinary, given the times, that they rethought how Batman should be presented in an animated way and wound up telling some of the best Batman stories that have ever been told."

Also, on a side-note, I didn't know until today that Luke Skywalker played the Joker! Me and a friend of mine were watching Avatar: the Last Airbender on television, he pointed out that Hamill was voicing a certain character (I can't remember who exactly), and he also pointed out that he voiced the Joker in the Animated Series.

Which is your favorite Joker? Give your reason(s) for your favorite adaption of the Joker!

• 
TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Whether or not he's the most accurate is another story but my favourite has to go to Nolanverse. Heath made the Joker funny yet sinister at the same time in a way the others didn't pull off as well.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArkhamWrath

Why you don't mention and Burton Joker... i think that he was good ! Maybe is Ledger better of Jack Nicholson, but Nicholson is one of first serious adaptation of the Joker !

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a tie between Timmverse and Arkhamverse for me... But the Arkhamverse didnt have so many restrictions so ill go with that.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DCAU. I liked Ledger's, but the DCAU Joker is the archetype I look for. I surprising don't like the Arkham Joker very much, though.

Also, yeah, Burtonverse should be up there!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't add Nicholson because Nicholson wasn't really that accurate to Joker. He was a skirt chasing insecure guy that just wanted revenge on Batman, the relationship between the two was barely there. That's not Joker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Same could be said for Hamill's Joker as well, but I see where you're coming from. Ledger's Joker and Hamill's Joker have a lot of things in common despite Hamill being more faithful to the source material.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b4tm4nish3r3: I think the fact Nolan Joker was more different to the source than Hamill's Joker is why I prefer him, it's nice to see a different take in the character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Now, now, it wasn't that different, they took the relationship Batman and Joker had from the comics. That was one of the biggest things, but I hate that Joker no longer had a huge ego. Even if they changed it, Ledger is still better than Nicholson's portrayal in so many ways.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nolanverse.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I didn't add Nicholson because Nicholson wasn't really that accurate to Joker. He was a skirt chasing insecure guy that just wanted revenge on Batman, the relationship between the two was barely there. That's not Joker.

lol?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b4tm4nish3r3: The relationship between Bats and the Joker stayed pretty similar but I felt there were nuances in other places which gave me a different vibe. Can't put my finger on it though...

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Origins Joker. He managed to mix and balance all versions of the Joker into one perfectly, in my opinion.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DCAU

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By infantfinite128

I think I prefer all three of these to the comics. I voted Nolanverse as my favorite because I prefer Joker more grounded and I'm glad he only had one big marking story (Although, I feel like he deserves one more with him and Batman dying). I hate in the comics how Joker keeps getting out of jail or survives stupid scenarios. I don't hold it against the animated Mark Hamill versions, since there's a vocal performance involved. Hamill is such an awesome actor!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: It was very similar to the relationship in No Man's Land. The relationship was done in a different manner, but it was the same material I guess you could say. Both were similar in what they said, like the famous lines, "Without Batman, crime has no punch line." and "You complete me." are pretty much the same. They're both saying they need Batman to have their fun, the battle of wits, but they still try to kill him anyways. It shows how crazy and contradictory they really are.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot Under The Red Hood Joker and The Dark Knight Returns

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kfabz-23

Too hard

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Umm, why is there no option for Jack Nicholson?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The Batman barefoot Joker.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as there are no Damaged tats on their foreheads I'm ok with all versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love all of them by Timmverse Joker is definitely the funniest and my favorite. The episode he had in the Justice league with the bombs placed around the city was one of my favorites.