#1 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

So Guy and Hal are about the same age, and I guess John and Kyle are about the same age too.

John Stewart as a young man
#2 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that young? I guess DC kinda ignored this later on since he never seemed that young to me in the all the stuff I've seen him in.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12851 posts) - - Show Bio

yup. i recall John saying that Hal was a great deal older than him and Guy. i was shocked at first too but when ya think about it, its not all that suprising

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know this , but I believe Jordan was de-aged during GL rebirth and theres no telling where the New 52 has left characters age wise.

#5 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. I always thought Hal and John were the same age.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12851 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know this , but I believe Jordan was de-aged during GL rebirth

physically yes, Hal was de-aged back to his late twenties by the Spectre pre reboot.

and theres no telling where the New 52 has left characters age wise.

Huh. I always thought Hal and John were the same age.

i did at first too.

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11303 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no way he was TWELVE when he got the GL ring. That's gotta be sarcasm or an exaggeration.

#8 Edited by Teerack (5714 posts) - - Show Bio

People's ages got juggled around in the New 52 I think it's more like Him and Guy are the same age now.

#9 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

There's no way he was TWELVE when he got the GL ring. That's gotta be sarcasm or an exaggeration.

Theyre saying john was twelve when the ring chose hal (and guy), and his young age is the reason the ring didnt consider him as an option

This actually makes an awful lot of sense, they should have kept his age (maybe a little bit older) like this if you ask me

#10 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12851 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Theyre saying john was twelve when the ring chose hal (and guy), and his young age is the reason the ring didnt consider him as an option

This actually makes an awful lot of sense, they should have kept his age (maybe a little bit older) like this if you ask me

how do we know they didnt?

#11 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Hal got his ring 5 years ago, so that would make John 17, which he is not, unless he tricked the army and is a genius

#12 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12851 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Hal got his ring 5 years ago, so that would make John 17, which he is not, unless he tricked the army and is a genius

ahhh, yes. i probably should have that through a bit more.

#15 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he and Hal were contemporaries from the scenes where they're both in the military brawling between army and air force.

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats almost certainly pre-Crisis and without a doubt pre-New 52.

#17 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

What I thought he was the second oldest to hal