• 72 results
#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not he is my favorite GL.

#3 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Dafuq? Thyere killing one of the most popular green lanterns of all time?

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: @Stormbox: Read the article from the link! Seriously!

#5 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wasn't John chosen for the new JLA instead of Simon (WHO??) Baz?

#6 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

BLASPHEMY

#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mighty Thorion said:

My thoughts exactly. John Stewart is already popular, and new JLA needed all the popularity it could get.
#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I blame Fialkov.

#9 Edited by Icarusflies (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my gosh...this is ridiculous. If DC wants to increase diversity, the way to do so is certainly NOT to kill off a black character to make room for an Arabic one.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the link and it will tell all! Dc has a lack of respect for it's black heroes!

#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18819 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Oh my gosh...this is ridiculous. If DC wants to increase diversity, the way to do so is certainly NOT to kill off a black character to make room for an Arabic one.

LOL this is funny, because you'd think they'd just kill off a white character instead if that's the reason.

It looks like they're instead saying "Oops too much diversity for us"

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@Mighty Thorion said:

My thoughts exactly. John Stewart is already popular, and new JLA needed all the popularity it could get.

Yeah, this was something that confused me as well. Plus Stewart's a former Marine - and I'm guessing the JLA would be open to someone with a military background.

Honestly if I had my way, I'd have John Stewart take a more prominent roles in the comics, and then be a founding member of the movie League. He's already got public-awareness from the JL cartoon, and he adds some racial diversity to the group (also acts as a foil to Flash's comedy).

Then again...this is Bleeding Cool. How trusted is this source?

#13 Posted by Saranth (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Ridiculous if true; you cannot ask an artist to shoe-horn something that significant into their plans; particularly when you've just hired them on the strength of those plans. Let the writer's decide upon the game-changing moments in their stories. Having something like that dictated by editors beggars belief.

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is true then i am confused, they bring in a non-white male Green Lantern and now they are killing another more popular non-white male Green Lantern?!!

#15 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this to not work out for them.

#16 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time.

#17 Posted by spiderbuck (2446 posts) - - Show Bio

Wut?? John Steward is one of best GLs out there! This better be a BAD joke.

#18 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

the most troublesome part is when they pretty much contradict their own promises on the submit

so pretty much all that effort went to nothing

#19 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

Then again...this is Bleeding Cool. How trusted is this source?

They were the ones who leaked the news about diggle and fialkov

#20 Posted by Hastny (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, DC are really working hard to piss of their fans these days. Honestly, the entire company's a mess. Thank God I've dropped most of their books already!

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the dc editorials get shot by a random gunman, mother f*ckers

#22 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Comics - "How do we sell more copies of Green Lantern Corps?"

#23 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you DiDio I swear to god If you kill John. I already lost my favorite Nova now I gonna lose my favorite Green Lantern.

#24 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

"There were editorial decisions about the direction of the book that conflicted with the story I was hired to tell, and I felt that it was better to let DC tell their story the way they want. I’m grateful for the opportunity and I’ll miss working with the entire Green Lantern team.This was not an easy decision to make emotionally or financially, but, I’m sure it was the right decision for both me, and for the Green Lantern books. The outpouring of support, your kind words and well wishes means so much to me and my family."

It's great seeing someone with integrity stepping down and away from this sh*t. I'm disgusted. Even I know as a hit and run DC reader how popular important John Stewart is. I would love to know the thinking behind decisions like that -- I can't wrape my head around envisioning someone saying "Yes, we will kill off a prominent, respected and highly regarded character because it will rake in sales."

Is DC attempting to make the new 52 an Ultimate-type universe for DC? I am thinking the new marketing push is something along the lines of RETRO FIFTY-TWO where all the old stories and backgrounds are put back to what they were before and whatever new52 still being pumped out be considered an alternate universe.

Or something.

Chris Sprouse did the right thing by refusing to work with Orson Scott Card and DC followed suit by shelving the one-shot story which the author was to have penned. While not cancelled, it proves there is power behind dissenting fans. Get a petition going, aim it at the new artist, the writer and the editorial staff at DC. You never know -- it could work to reverse this idiotic move.

#25 Posted by Dark Noldor (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry guys, he'll be back someday, that's for sure

#26 Posted by Ult_hydrabob (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, come on who doesn't want him dead.

#27 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11065 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ult_hydrabob said:

A vast majority of readers don't want him dead.

#28 Posted by Ult_hydrabob (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Ult_hydrabob said:

Too bad the producers of comics have shown several times they don't care about their opinion.

#29 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Ult_hydrabob said:

It's best not to reply to :

#30 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ult_hydrabob said:

Why would anyone specifically want him dead? Is he a bad character or something?

#31 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear DC editorial,

Please continue to ignore Batwoman. Please, please, please. I promise, it's not worth your time to ruin improve.

Thanks.

#33 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74:My comment was more a question of why the commenter seems to want him dead.

I'm not a Green Lantern reader, but from a few Justice League cartoons I've seen, he seems like a decent character.

It does seem like a mistake to kill off such a high profile black character, considering the cancellations of other characters titles, and the fact that he's a big name character, who I assume is popular.

If the new Batwing turns out to be white, I'm expecting chaos of some sort.

#34 Posted by Ult_hydrabob (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Ult_hydrabob said:

Why would anyone specifically want him dead? Is he a bad character or something?

If DC thought it could generate sales they would certainly want him dead.

#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5142 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mucklefluga

If this is true then i am confused, they bring in a non-white male Green Lantern and now they are killing another more popular non-white male Green Lantern?!!

It's the two black guy rule. That's why they killed off Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) who actually saved the day in GI Joe 1 but yet they brought in the Rock to play Roadblock.

On topic I love the New52 so far but if they kill off John Stewart ( my favorite Lantern), I will drop ALL my books from DC please believe me.
#36 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

Dear DC editorial,

Please continue to ignore Batwoman. Please, please, please. I promise, it's not worth your time to ruin improve.

Thanks.

I agree, they need to let the team continue with what they're doing, as it's going well so far.

#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read this on Bleeding Cool THAT IS TOTAL CRAP!!!!! He is by far my favorite GL and i believe could be the greatest earth GL if they gave him the chance. There was no reason to create Baz. I'm not saying he i a bad character but John already has a great back story with a devoted fan base. He would have worked great on the Justice League of America.

This pisses me off so much. Why kill him off? Whats the reasoning for it?

#38 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ult_hydrabob said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Ult_hydrabob said:

If DC thought it could generate sales they would certainly want him dead.

Maybe his death issue would sell a few extra copies, but wouldn't a lot of John Stewart fans just drop the series afterwards?

#39 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh

sometimes I think of dropping mainstream comics altogether

#40 Posted by Ult_hydrabob (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Maybe, but that's doubtful.

#41 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

on the positive side Joshua Hale Fialkov has earned my respect. If he's ever writting any Indy's in the future I'll be sure to check them out

#42 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@evilvegeta74:My comment was more a question of why the commenter seems to want him dead.

I'm not a Green Lantern reader, but from a few Justice League cartoons I've seen, he seems like a decent character.

It does seem like a mistake to kill off such a high profile black character, considering the cancellations of other characters titles, and the fact that he's a big name character, who I assume is popular.

If the new Batwing turns out to be white, I'm expecting chaos of some sort.

I believe the chaos has already began, it started with the cancellation of Static. After Static's cancellation, every black related title suffered from the trickle effect regardless of success. All it takes is a little research to see. Speaking of which people are angry over Cyborgs minimal role in JL. He was on the cover of the latest issue and was subjected to recruitng new J leaguers? lol Why place him on the cover like he's about to kick major a**? Dc doesn't care about black heroes, there's only one in the Injustice Gods Among Us Game, see a patern yet?

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why both Marvel and DC are trying to piss off their readers.

#44 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74:I've not looked for it, but maybe I am starting to see the pattern.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (18256 posts) - - Show Bio

Still a rumour people. Just remember that with no official confirmation. Having said that, if this is true, then with Diggle leaving Action Comics and Fialkov off GLC, this is making me even more aggravated with DC and for the first time in a while, I'm regretting being a DC fan.

#46 Edited by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing i can come up with is the big changes to the GL universe as a whole. Obviously Guy (who i hate) is going ot be falling in to the Red Lantern Corps, Hal will become the leader of the GL and Kyle is now a white lantern. So i guess they couldnt come up with a spot for John Stewart , ya know since its not like they didnt just create a new JL that needs members or the fact that if Hal is the leader of the GL that is a perfect opening to put John on the original JL team. Even if they wanted to spread the human lanterns out they could have made him the guardian of the Indigo tribe (since they are all murders and criminals) He has the Warden type attitude and to put him on a prison planet filled with murders and terrorists to be controlled for good that could create huge stories. You can even send villains to do time in the corps.

Check out this link that gives the history and back story of John Stewart - http://majorspoilers.com/2013/02/17/hero-history-green-lantern-john-stewart/

#47 Posted by FemmeFeline (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this is JUST a rumor and not true. I'll be so mad if it is.

#48 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait WHAT?

How could they possibly gain ANYTHING from this?

#49 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Still a rumour people. Just remember that with no official confirmation. Having said that, if this is true, then with Diggle leaving Action Comics and Fialkov off GLC, this is making me even more aggravated with DC and for the first time in a while, I'm regretting being a DC fan.

well CBR also run the story

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44405

so that makes it a little more factual