#1 Edited by jwalser3 (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend says it's awesome and fun to read. But when I come on here I see a lot of hate for the series. What makes this book so bad? Or good?

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (13796 posts) - - Show Bio

The book isn't bad at all (I quite like it, actually), it's just not as good as Hellblazer.

Hellblazer had a rich, 25 year history that was halted to give way for the New 52. It's also worth noting Hellblazer was very graphic, had sex, drugs and gore in almost every issue, it was loaded with mature themes.

In contrast, the series Constantine is toned down from that.

The new Constantine isn't bad, but it's not the same as it used to be.

#3 Posted by jayskee (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually pretty good, just not hellbazer Constantine everyone loves.

#4 Posted by cdw101 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

like they said above, its just toned down more. but, hey, its still the same john Constantine, n if you've got the love for him im sure you will love the new 52 Constantine. so go give it a try n see for yourself, don't listen to the haters, only you can decide fella!!!!

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried it out but it seemed too lighthearted and I just wasn't entertained by it.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it, but then again i didnt read the previous volume. at all.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (25548 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped it after four issues. It wasn't bad...just not good enough to stay on my pull.

#8 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Different from HB, but good nontheless.

#9 Posted by Jake Fury (19200 posts) - - Show Bio

I've enjoyed the series so far. The writing from Fawkes has been solid.

#10 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11791 posts) - - Show Bio

The first few issues started of kind of slow but it picked up when the Trinity War hit, I like that he's a dick and he's cool with that. His interactions with the JL heroes make for some great moments, much like Batman (I find him utterly dull if he's not in a JL setting). He quickly rose to my top 5 list of heroes, in company of Superman, Shazam, Aquaman and Green Lantern (Hal). If not Constantine you should pick up Master of the Universe vs DC. It seems he's going to be a key player in this.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It's generic, that doesn't mean it's bad, it's just by the numbers.

John Constantine is not a generic character, and deserves a comic that strived for more, which was Vertigo's Hellblazer.