Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Photo by Seth Kushner
Photo by Seth Kushner

Award-winning publisher BOOM! Studios is excited to announce it will be working with longtime, respected, and widely popular comics creator Jimmy Palmiotti on a new comic series, his first-ever original title with the company. The book, co-created and co-written by Matt Brady (Warlord of Mars), will debut in March and be announced next week.

Recently, BOOM! Studios has worked on original projects with comics luminaries including George Pérez, Brian Stelfreeze, Paul Jenkins, and Mike Carey. Earlier this year in July, the publisher announced upcoming titles with J.G. Jones, Mark Waid, Frank Cho, and Grant Morrison. BOOM! continues to add to its impressive roster with the addition of Palmiotti, who has been making comics for over 25 years and is currently working on DC Comics’ top-selling series Harley Quinn with his wife, Amanda Conner, and Painkiller Jane at Marvel Comics’ Icon imprint.

“I’ve been talking on and off for the past few years with Ross and Filip about bringing something to them,” said Palmiotti, referring to BOOM! Studios’ CEO Ross Richie and President of Publishing & Marketing Filip Sablik. “Matt and I were looking for the right company to bring our creation to. We thought BOOM! was the perfect fit for the project. We’re looking forward to announcing it next week.“

“I’ve been reading Jimmy’s work for years and I’m a fan of the complex character-driven stories he tells. We’ve wanted to work with him for a long time, and I’m glad we’re finally able to do so,” said BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon. “We look forward to sharing information on this new series with everybody very soon!”

Jimmy Palmiotti began his career working as an inker alongside frequent collaborator Joe Quesada and eventually began writing as well, going on to work on such titles as Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Jonah Hex, and Deadpool. He and Quesada spearheaded the creation of the Marvel Knights line, and the pair also created Ash and Painkiller Jane together for their company Event Comics, the latter of which was adapted into a TV movie for SyFy Channel. Palmiotti is currently president of PaperFilms Entertainment and is co-writing Harley Quinn and Star Spangled War Stories for DC Comics monthly.

TomHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So this is an announcement about a forthcoming announcement???

Bwhahahahaha!!! Seriously???

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bladewolf

So this is an announcement about a forthcoming announcement???

Bwhahahahaha!!! Seriously???

Between this kind of nonsense and teasers for teaser trailers:

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Me, I don't care if this is an "announcement about a forthcoming announcement." I'm just excited to think of Jimmy doing yet something else.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What bar is that? I want to drink there..........

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@tomhunter: hey blame jurrassic world and other movies with their teasers of teasers lol, there's bound to be some spill over into over media

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@g_man: Then why does he have a cash register in his living room? Does he charge Darwyn Cooke when he stops by and drinks at his house? My god look at all that alcohol, that can't be all Amanda Conner's...... She maybe Irish, but that still is a lot of alcohol.........

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Join the Kickstarter for Abbadon; it looks good.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

@judasnixon: Okay, I asked Jimmy. The pic was taken at RODEO BAR in NYC, on Second Avenue and 27th Street.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jimmy could easily play a bartender on TV or film.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Announcements about a forthcoming announcement. Have been around for decades. I find it hilarious that someone is new to this idea.

I'm more interested in the upcoming Grant Morrison announcement. Sorry Jimmy.