Loeb Force: PIS moments

Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I made this thread to pay homage to the most powerful, almighty PIS power in the entire comic book universe, the Loeb Force. Please, feel free to post amazing PIS scans of the Loeb Force here on this thread, to pay homage to this almighty power in comic books. Both Marvel and DC are allowed!

An instance of the Loeb Force in action!

No Caption Provided

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NexusOfLight

A truly remarkable feat right there.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Jeph Loeb is a fan-service writer. The following scans prove that he is.

Superman taking Power Girl, Captain Atom, John Stewart, and Starfire at the same time, while Batman deals with Major Force, Black Lightning, and Katana on his own. So full of 'wow' and 'oh my gosh' and I don't mean that in a good way. You have the Man of Steel easily fighting another Kryptonian who's more or less his equal, Captain Atom (whose physical attributes are also on par), a Green Lantern (who have shown to deal with Superman by themselves), and a powerful Tamaranian (who's Class 100, and has grown in power ever since she first appeared in comics)? What the f*ck? Each on of those people (minus Starfire) could take Superman by themselves under normal conditions. Altogether, he shouldn't even been able to take them all at once. Katana should have been enough for Batman, but not to say that she was necessarily beat him. She should have had him occupied, at the very least. Black Lightning shouldn't have allowed himself to entangled like that (and, I'm pretty sure he could have escaped it). And, Major Force may be stupid, but he's not that stupid.
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Death Certificate

Has jeff loeb ever read a thor comic? 

Or even a sliver surfer comic 

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Static Shock said:

" Jeph Loeb is a fan-service writer. The following scans prove that he is.

Superman taking Power Girl, Captain Atom, John Stewart, and Starfire at the same time, while Batman deals with Major Force, Black Lightning, and Katana on his own. So full of 'wow' and 'oh my gosh' and I don't mean that in a good way. You have the Man of Steel easily fighting another Kryptonian who's more or less his equal, Captain Atom (whose physical attributes are also on par), a Green Lantern (who have shown to deal with Superman by themselves), and a powerful Tamaranian (who's Class 100, and has grown in power ever since she first appeared in comics)? What the f*ck? Each on of those people (minus Starfire) could take Superman by themselves under normal conditions. Altogether, he shouldn't even been able to take them all at once. Katana should have been enough for Batman, but not to say that she was necessarily beat him. She should have had him occupied, at the very least. Black Lightning shouldn't have allowed himself to entangled like that (and, I'm pretty sure he could have escaped it). And, Major Force may be stupid, but he's not that stupid. "
hah you missed the page where Batman takes out Lady Shiva in like 4 panels (happens earlier when they fight the group of villains). But then again, it is a story about Superman and Batman against the world. Of course they're going to have outrageous shit
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock
@texasdeathmatch: I don't even want to go there. >_<
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Stealing the Surfer's board....

No Caption Provided

Lifting Mjolnir...yeah its zero gravity....blah.
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on people! Any more respect for the awesome Loeb Force?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Ya well considering the success of Superman for all Seasons, and everything he has ever done for Batman good luck getting away calling him a shitty writer in a professional setting.

@Static Shock: The opponents were all on mind control and Superman and Bruce were on the defence the entire time and had to retreat within minutes of that fight starting and Powergirl is not even close to being Superman's equal

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" Ya well considering the success of Superman for all Seasons, and everything he has ever done for Batman good luck getting away calling him a shitty writer in a professional setting.

Batman: Long Halloween, Dark Victory and Hush are all great, as is For All Seasons. He's gone weird since he's been at Marvel though...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
@Son_of_Magnus said:

"@Static Shock: The opponents were all on mind control and Superman and Bruce were on the defence the entire time and had to retreat within minutes of that fight starting and Powergirl is not even close to being Superman's equal "

Atom, Force, John, Black Lightning, Starfire, Katana, and Power Girl weren't under mind control. They were sent by Luthor to bring in Superman and Batman. Grodd was in control of the other villains, and he was taken out of the equation in the previous issue. As far as Power Girl goes, I think she's equal to Superman. She's been under a yellow sun long enough for this to be the case, and has even has a few feats that would put him in his class. If not equal, it doesn't matter. Superman wouldn't just one-shot Power Girl like that. Doesn't make sense.

Also, there's nothing in those scans to suggest that Superman and Batman were fighting defensively. They attacked Atom and crew first, and Loeb made them sit there and take all of that to make Superman and Batman look good. Even if they ran from the fight, they should have never been able to pull that off. Never.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Static Shock: Ya but they still were there for like a few minutes before they had to dip. and Shiva was controlled. As well Superman and batman needed the aid to take out Captain Marvel and Hawkman in that story. And Powergirl does not have the skills Superman has or the mastery of his abilities like Superman does. Kara is superior to Power Girl and Kara is not on Superman's level either. Power Girl is still learning how to use her powers and come up with new ways to use them. As well she is not even close to Clark h2h skill set she just has mild training from wildcat and Magog
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@Son_of_Magnus: Point is, Superman and Batman should have never been able to hold their own against all the people I named in the scans that I posted. Shiva is irrelevant. So, is Captain Marvel and Hawkman. As far as Supergirl being superior to Power Girl, there's nothing I've seen that would suggest that (and the recently fought to a stalemate before the JLA intervened). I recall Power Girl supporting the weight a spaceship that was the size of Manhattan, IIRC. Fact is, she's on par with Superman and has held her own against him before. I'm not talking about H2H. I'm talking about physicality. Superman shouldn't be able to beat her THAT easily, even if he may seem to be more experienced with his powers. Power Girl isn't that far behind him.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Mercy_
@Jake Fury: I just threw up a little.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Jake Fury: I just threw up a little. "

LMAO 

I actually liked the mystery of him at first but his PIS stuff is just ridiculous. His X-Force crossover was pretty good though.
Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Fireheart10

From what I see here, Loeb Force must be the greatest power in the world.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Knightly1

Zero-G? Since when did magic abide by the laws of nature/physics? Especially powerful, Asgardian magic. That's gotta be the word explanation I've ever heard. He needs a reality check as to what magic is about.

The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Dr Doomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dr Doomsday
@Death Certificate: 
ahh the Loeb Force.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64

lol

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hoboseid

Supergirl destroying Manhunter like he's a worthless Martian jobber
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By velle37

Dark Supergirl owning the JLA.....

Bulls***........

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestic99

You're kidding me...RULK stole SURFER'S board????

Wow.....Just Wow....

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By X35
No Caption Provided
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By majestic99

@X35 said:

No Caption Provided

Happened in same issue where Rulk lifts mjolnir in zero-gravity, isn't it?

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By majestic99

@Static Shock said:

@Death Certificate said:

Has jeff loeb ever read a thor comic?

Or even a sliver surfer comic

Did this seiously happen, or is this a joke?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

@majestic99: That really happened. Jeph Loeb's sole purpose is to appeal to fan service. Red Hulk really did those things. I think Thor was his first victim.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By ReVamp

Supergirl owning the JLA fcking pisses me off.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

@ReVamp said:

Giggles

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By ReVamp

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

Giggles

That whole storyline...

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By majestic99

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

Giggles

That whole storyline...

f*cked up is what it is.

@Static Shock said:

@majestic99: That really happened. Jeph Loeb's sole purpose is to appeal to fan service. Red Hulk really did those things. I think Thor was his first victim.

What's fan service?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

@majestic99 said:

What's fan service?

Submitting to what the fans what to see, especially when said character is so popular than anything he's written to do is somewhat acceptable. Red Hulk and Superman (under Loeb) are perfect examples.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By majestic99

@Static Shock:

So, it's making a popular character unbeatable?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

@majestic99 said:

@Static Shock:

So, it's making a popular character unbeatable?

I wouldn't say that. It's more along the lines of making a character a bit too powerful, or making a character do outrageous things.

For example, in Superman/Batman, Batman was possessed by Kryptonite Man, was beating Superman to a pulp (Batman was literally glowing with Kryptonite). However, Superman was able to remain standing and stay in the fight, despite his weakness being right in front of his face.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By majestic99

@Static Shock:

Oh I got it.

when I become a comicbook writer, I'm not pulling fan service.

NOTE:

1. So, isn't fan service in essence PIS/CIS?

2. Anything else I need to know about before becoming a comicbook writer that would get me hated?(any other terms I need to know,etc.)

Alchemist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alchemist_

How is Red Hulk punching the Watcher PIS? I've always heard that but i've never seen a valid explanation for why. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock

@majestic99 said:

@Static Shock:

Oh I got it.

when I become a comicbook writer, I'm not pulling fan service.

NOTE:

1. So, isn't fan service in essence PIS/CIS?

2. Anything else I need to know about before becoming a comicbook writer that would get me hated?(any other terms I need to know,etc.)

Well, I don't know if you plan to work for Marvel or DC, but if you do, you'll have to pull some fan service. Loeb just does to a heightened, very significant level that makes it obvious.

1) It can be looked at that way, depending on the instance in question.

2) Well, I don't have much to tell. I'm not in the business. LOL.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By majestic99

@Static Shock:

When has Thor ever been fan serviced?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

@majestic99 said:

@Static Shock:

When has Thor ever been fan serviced?

I don't read that much Thor to know.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator

Fan service is when you cater to the fans and appeal to their fanhood and fandom. The trophy room in Thor movie, or JMS being in the Thor movie as a cameo are examples of fan service. Jeph Loeb employs sensationalism. Which is to generally disregard what fans know and appreciate and write controversy and loudly to get lots of attention, negative as well as positive, but most casual readers aren't really aware of the negative points. Since Red Hulk was a new, and unknown character, he can't really count as fan service because he wasn't giving fans what they wanted, he was appealing to casual readers more unrefined knowledge and sense of curiosity and popcorn movie attitudes, and giving them what they didn't really know they wanted, but liked the same way they would like Transformers. When Jeff Parker wrote Thor easily smacking around Red Hulk, in the same series a dozen or so issues later, that could count as fan service.  

Personally I don't really care for the term PIS, its so overused and misapplied by comic fans who seem to not really know that much of creative story components or comics writing its almost redundant, but Loeb's Hulk run is legendary! I wouldn't say al the following is PIS, but definitely sensationalist. First Rulk kills Abomination, which okay comic death, but Rulk does it with a gun made especially for Hulk sized people. lol Then he whacks Abomination (new) and Hulk around before knowing out the Watcher. Uatu That guy who once upon a time was seen as an equal of Galactus. Not only does he get punched off his feet by a leaping Rulk, but Rulk throws in a very tasteful upskirt joke at his expense. So the character who is usually shown to signal that our heroes are in serious trouble just by his appearance and observation, is knocked out with a fist and upskirt joke. Rulk goes on to beat up Thor and casually and easily choke out She Hulk on the side. Easily kill and behead a Wendigo, and then take on She Hulk, Valkyrie and Thundra, and during that battle he yanks Thundra's weapon away from her and uses it to choke She Hulk while he yanks Val's sword away from her to use the hilt to tap at her forehead, ay ay ai. Then he goes on to take on those three characters and Storm and Sue Storm, and Tigra and a few others. You think they beat him only for him to reveal he was playing possum and then he knocks out Storm with a small pebble rock. lol Then next arc he kills Silver Surfer, Terrax, Namor or something like that - I try not to remember details, but I can't forget him killing that which supposed can't die the Elder of the Universe the Grandmaster. Then he throws Silver Surfer's dead body at Galactus and he still gets to walk away alive.    

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By htb106

@Jake Fury said:

No Caption Provided
Lifting Mjolnir...yeah its zero gravity....blah.

Weel, there's a disturbing thought...

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't think i'll ever going to get over this...mainly because there's still people that point this out, as being legit!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

For all the hate this guy gets. DD Yellow is one of my favorite graphic novels ever.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Static Shock said:

" Jeph Loeb is a fan-service writer. The following scans prove that he is.

Superman taking Power Girl, Captain Atom, John Stewart, and Starfire at the same time, while Batman deals with Major Force, Black Lightning, and Katana on his own. So full of 'wow' and 'oh my gosh' and I don't mean that in a good way. You have the Man of Steel easily fighting another Kryptonian who's more or less his equal, Captain Atom (whose physical attributes are also on par), a Green Lantern (who have shown to deal with Superman by themselves), and a powerful Tamaranian (who's Class 100, and has grown in power ever since she first appeared in comics)? What the f*ck? Each on of those people (minus Starfire) could take Superman by themselves under normal conditions. Altogether, he shouldn't even been able to take them all at once. Katana should have been enough for Batman, but not to say that she was necessarily beat him. She should have had him occupied, at the very least. Black Lightning shouldn't have allowed himself to entangled like that (and, I'm pretty sure he could have escaped it). And, Major Force may be stupid, but he's not that stupid. "

hah you missed the page where Batman takes out Lady Shiva in like 4 panels (happens earlier when they fight the group of villains). But then again, it is a story about Superman and Batman against the world. Of course they're going to have outrageous shit

That was IMO way too much outrageous.