Jean's new Ability

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can someone please explain to me what Jean's new ability is or how it works or give any detail about it?

kimlay9615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeans a omega level mutant there's nothing to explain

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

I'm thinking a couple possibilities.

1) Her abilities are exceeding her physical growth, what with activating prematurely, and as such she's transforming into pure psionic energy to handle the boost without burning her physical body out. So when she goes all pink like that, she's just drawing on her full current might.

2) Y'know that butterfly thing that appears around Psylocke's head when she uses her powers? That's some kind of visual phenomena generated by powerful psychics. Perhaps Jean's so strong the new form just coats her in that phenomena.

3) It looks cool and is a clear visual indicator that her powers are evolving differently from how Jean's did. And that's it.

As for WHY said abilities are evolving differently: Jean got a full download of everything she'd be capable of as she got older. This allowed her to access powers she didn't know she had yet, bringing her up to speed a lot quicker. Let's presume by the point her powers got to this point originally, the whole Phoenix thing went down and took over.

Let me get into metaphor: Say Jean's powers come with a blueprint. This blueprint shows how her powers are supposed to work and evolve, building up. Then the Phoenix comes along and says, "THAT S*** AIN'T GONNA BE BIG 'NOUGH FOR ME!" So it rewrites the blueprints to accommodate it, changing how her powers grow. THIS Jean Grey is growing as her powers were meant to, just at a vastly accelerated rate.

All in theory, of course.

kimlay9615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: I think it's pure energy she's contacting

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

I'm thinking a couple possibilities.

1) Her abilities are exceeding her physical growth, what with activating prematurely, and as such she's transforming into pure psionic energy to handle the boost without burning her physical body out. So when she goes all pink like that, she's just drawing on her full current might.

2) Y'know that butterfly thing that appears around Psylocke's head when she uses her powers? That's some kind of visual phenomena generated by powerful psychics. Perhaps Jean's so strong the new form just coats her in that phenomena.

3) It looks cool and is a clear visual indicator that her powers are evolving differently from how Jean's did. And that's it.

As for WHY said abilities are evolving differently: Jean got a full download of everything she'd be capable of as she got older. This allowed her to access powers she didn't know she had yet, bringing her up to speed a lot quicker. Let's presume by the point her powers got to this point originally, the whole Phoenix thing went down and took over.

Let me get into metaphor: Say Jean's powers come with a blueprint. This blueprint shows how her powers are supposed to work and evolve, building up. Then the Phoenix comes along and says, "THAT S*** AIN'T GONNA BE BIG 'NOUGH FOR ME!" So it rewrites the blueprints to accommodate it, changing how her powers grow. THIS Jean Grey is growing as her powers were meant to, just at a vastly accelerated rate.

All in theory, of course.

Thats so cool :) but i hope gladiator is wrong and she doesnt ending killing scott

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Interesting theory, but Jean already let her powers grow naturally as they were meant to. Xavier didn't remove her telepathy only for it to come back as new telepathy, he only locked it. Although that power was not being used it was still growing as evidenced by how powerful young Jean is now and how powerful adult Jeans telepathy was when first unlocked, she mind blasted Juggernaut with his helmet on. Her powers had obviously grown over the years as just knowing she was supposed to have telepathy was enough to break his locks effortlessly.

Adult Jean has gone "all pink" in the past once while sedating Scott and keeping a nano bomb in his chest stable and when she held off Death Wolverine, off the top of my head.

The Phoenix wouldn't have had to do anything to Jean, as an omega level mutant there would have been plenty of room for its power, even though Jean technically never actually used its power until Planet X. She did have some traces of its power in the form of memories after Inferno, but the Phoenix told her in Excalibur it had removed all traces from Jean, like it did to Rachel when it left her stranded at the end of time.

You must also remember that Phoenix was pretending to be Jean with her full power unleashed, not Jean Grey being possessed by power beyond her station. Rachel and Nate being as powerful as they are, is directly related to sharing an identical psi sig and morphology with Jean respectively.

jwayneyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I really want to know is why the original "Jean Grey" did not display this power overt, as in mixing her psychic abilities and absorbing/controlling the ambient psychic energy around her. I don't know if someone has already said it, but that power could be the reason why she is the ultimate host for the Phoenix and why they eventually became one and the same, considering the Phoenix is a psychic force itself. Plus I kind of like the ability as it gives a new dynamic to the age long dual-psychic abilities that Jean Grey has held on to for so long even though that mixture has not remained a rarity in the comic universe (Psylocke, Nate Grey, Rachel ect). Also it makes her seem omega level without Phoenix amping (The Morrison run seemed to do that too, but there is some debate as to whether her powers her own in that time or amped by the Phoenix, I personally believe the former).

I would also love to figure out how this new power has the caused the instability of the powers of Lady Xorn (I don't like the name Xorna lol). She seemed quite powerful, yet all of the power she displayed was shown with power inhibitors on so how power was she? How did she lose control?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darthphoenix

I think xorn will never come to be because teen jean had her new power set after bota. Bota evidently changed the future and I think future jean will be stronger than xorn. The current teen jean can turn into pure psi energy and xorn didn't manifest itself as such. She exploded because she could'nt contain the energy within her.