Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jg0587

Bendis posted this on his Twitter yesterday:

"And yes, for the many who have asked, in all new X-Men we are building something with Jean Grey that hopefully we have not seen before"

Thought this was interesting. He's already done a lot with her I'm this series that nobody has done before so it made me curious what he was getting at.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@jg0587: YES! This is very exciting! It probably means they have plans for her to stay and she going to be doing something different and hopefully interesting. :D Hopefully its her just being a bad ass using her Tk and Tp no phoenix, but we already seen that before. So I don't know what that something they are building is.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: You really think Marvel's not going to resort to using Phoenix? It worked for them once, they figure it'll never get old.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Can we just get rid of Jean Grey for good? Can we find some way to kill her off again and then leave her dead? The whole Phoenix thing and pretty much anything involving Jean has become as stale as the idea of symbiotes at this point.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#5  Edited By time1

@jg0587: I wonder what that will be. Jean will encounter mastermind and Rachel Grey.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Can we just get rid of Jean Grey for good? Can we find some way to kill her off again and then leave her dead? The whole Phoenix thing and pretty much anything involving Jean has become as stale as the idea of symbiotes at this point.

Fact.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

Like Emma Frost is any different, she had the same kind of development that Jean grey has,she ended up in some kind of love triangle, she become host of the pheonix force and turn evil and she has daughters who happen to be the host of phoenix force as well.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope original Jean returns :D

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I would be so happy.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: It is inevitable but I hope she will last while with out the Phoenix just couple years at least.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vance_astro  Moderator

@time said:

Like Emma Frost is any different, she had the same kind of development that Jean grey has,she ended up in some kind of love triangle, she become host of the pheonix force and turn evil and she has daughters who happen to be the host of phoenix force as well.

That whole Phoenix Force thing is a product of Jean Grey's existence, the whole X-Men mythos seems to revolve around Scott Summers & Jean Grey and I for one am sick of it. I'm sick of love triangles, children from the future or alternate realities, the phoenix force, clones\genetic tampering, mutant messiah, all of this crap. Marvel needs a fresh idea. I'm so freaking bored with the Summers\Grey family! Do something new!

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

What haven't we seen? :o she's been good, she been bad, she been the girlfriends, she's died, shes undied..... what could it be?!

Now I'm really interested... I want 616 Jean to come back.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@vance_astro: Jean Grey doesn't have to be dead for them to do something new. You are being biased because you don't like Jean Grey. Cyclops could die and that will for sure get rid all the "crap" but god forbid anything happens to Cyclops. You might not want Jean Grey to come back, but I do. What puts your wants over mine your favorite comic book character is alive (maybe) why cant mine?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By time1

@vance_astro: I do agree with u, I think marvel should focused on a new family, create new X-Men family. I'm more annoyed that they done the same kind of thing with Emma Frost that they did to Jean Grey before and yet people are still giving Jean Grey grief.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey: Jean Grey doesn't have to be dead, to start something new. Marvel should stop focusing on Scott Summers, there the solution.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vance_astro  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@vance_astro: Jean Grey doesn't have to be dead for them to do something new. You are being biased because you don't like Jean Grey. Cyclops could die and that will for sure get rid all the "crap" but god forbid anything happens to Cyclops. You might not want Jean Grey to come back, but I do.

Why do you think I don't like Jean Grey? You think I just woke up one day and decided...man I really can't stand that redhead in the X-Men? NO! She's a stale character at the point. Marvel hasn't done anything with her that was that different, SINCE they created the idea for the Phoenix, other than that she's kind of been a nuisance. I don't see where i'm being "biased" because in order for my to be partisan to one side or another I would have to be suggesting that another characters deserves to live OVER Jean Grey, which I'm not..I simply want Jean Grey gone. Marvel CLEARLY doesn't know what to do with her and she hasn't been interesting in years..too me.

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

What puts your wants over mine your favorite comic book character is alive (maybe) why cant mine?

Seeing as how I didn't address you once since i've posted in this thread, I don't really get this question. I'm simply stating my opinion.

@time said:

@vance_astro: I do agree with u, I think marvel should focused on a new family, create new X-Men family. I'm more annoyed that they done the same kind of thing with Emma Frost that they did to Jean Grey before and yet people are still giving Jean Grey grief.

Why do you insist on bringing up Emma Frost? I could care less about Emma. Do you think I'm an Emma fan or something? It doesn't matter who they put in that spot of Scott's psycho tag along, Cyclops is still the better half of the relationship.

@time said:

@oviouslyjeangrey: Jean Grey doesn't have to be dead, to start something new. Marvel should stop focusing on Scott Summers, there the solution.

This is an incredibly ridiculous "solution".

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@vance_astro: All I am saying is you keep stating Jean is a stale character like that makes it a fact. Its not its your Opinion you say she stale I think shes awesome. You don't have to address me. I read what you wrote and I wanted to respond.

Jean is a legend IMO. You don't have to be sassy or dark to be interesting. Also how is time's solution "ridiculous" you said your tried of the X-men mythos revolving around Jean and Scott. Getting rid of Scott will fix that, but no getting rid of Scott is "ridiculous." Why? because you prefer him over Jean. So yea you are being biased.

P.S. I don't want Scott to be gone or die. I believe Jean and Scott can both be alive and still have great X-men stories.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vance_astro  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@vance_astro: All I am saying is you keep stating Jean is a stale character like that makes it a fact.

Could of sworn I JUST SAID, "I'm simply stating my opinion". The only person that said it was a fact was Pyrogram, and you already responded to him, so why are you getting so bent out of shape about what we BOTH understand is MY opinion?

@oviouslyjeangrey

said:

You don't have to address me I read what you wrote and i wanted to respond.

I do have to address you for that question you asked me you make any sense. I never said that what I want should be put over what you want, so at the very least the question would make more sense if I actually said something to you, which I didn't.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Bent out of shape? You seem more bent out of shape than I am. Your not even responding to the things I say about the characters. We are getting of topic this is starting to feel like an argument that doesn't even involve the characters. Which I don't know why since all my post about are about my feelings on the characters. Except for this one.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vance_astro  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Also how is time's solution "ridiculous" you said your tried of the X-men mythos revolving around Jean and Scott. Getting rid of Scott will fix that, but no getting rid of Scott is "ridiculous." Why? because you prefer him over Jean. So yea you are being biased.

If you ask me a question, you should probably let me answer it, instead of answering yourself because you don't know what you're talking about. The reason getting rid of Scott is ridiculous is because it doesn't make sense business or story wise. Just because I'm tired of stories that revolve around Jean & Scott doesn't mean I don't understand how important they've been to the X-men mythos. I'm not suggesting that Marvel shouldn't focus on the Summers\Grey family at all, but Cyclops ISN'T the problem in that equation so to get rid of him would be ridiculous.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I'm glad you actually responded to me about the characters. How do you know I don't know what I am talking about? Its obvious Scott has a bigger fan base than Jean and killing him would not be good for sales. That doesn't mean the story cant go on with out him. I never said killing him or getting rid of him is the solution. I even I don't want this to happen. Also just how Scott isn't the problem neither is Jean.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@vance_astro: Bent out of shape? You seem more bent out of shape than I am. Your not even responding to the things I say about the characters. We are getting of topic this is starting to feel like an argument that doesn't even involve the characters. Which I don't know why since all my post about are about my feelings on the characters. Except for this one.

Yea, bent out of shape! Seeing as how I never said anything to you until you addressed me and I'm only responding to your words, I'm not to blame for this thread going off topic. If you don't want me responding to your judgements of me, don't make them, your post wasn't simply about your "feelings on the characters", you called me biased twice now and tried to suggest I was stating my opinion as a fact, in response to a post where I specifically stated I was only giving my opinion. I'm not here to play the "who did what" game, if you want to talk about the characters and the characters only we can do that at any time, that's up to you.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is regardless of how we individually feel a lot of people seem to be interested in this new adaptation of her.

Personally I like her but of I disliked her as much as some do I'd just stop reading all new xmen.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jg0587

Oh and with regards to bendis tweet back on topic (going to avoid all the jean love/hate debate going on), I'm hoping he just means she will become a powerful Telekinetic/Telepath with no regular Phoenix, and/or she will not be tied romantically to anyone for a while.

I definitely think teen jean could be here to stay with the other 05 being sent back to their time, or killed off, or some other way being written out of the book.

In other words, maybe (I hope) he's going to make a normal, formidable mutant that isn't the center of much complicated drama that jean fans can enjoy without her being involved in every single cosmic storyline.

I just wanna see her "normal". Funnily I'm asking she blend in more just so we can see the real her on a consistent basis. And no, by blend in I don't mean sacrifice any of her natural enduring qualities.. Just sacrifice the complicated retconn drama fodder.

Time will tell, though. For anyone not interested in her staying around, it may help to not give discussions like this the benefit of bumping it to the top. It only stimulates more interest in her (whether that interest is love or hate), which seems conterproductive to what you want.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vance_astro  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@vance_astro: I'm glad you actually responded to me about the characters. How do you know I don't know what I am talking about? Its obvious Scott has a bigger fan base than Jean and killing him would not be good for sales. That doesn't mean the story cant go on with out him. I never said killing him or getting rid of him is the solution. I even I don't want this to happen. Also just how Scott isn't the problem neither is Jean.

I know you don't know what you're talking about because you tried to use that post to paint me as biased when in reality what you were saying had nothing to do with my logic on the characters. I'm not insulting your comic knowledge, i'm saying you don't know what you're talking about as far as your words pertain to me.

I don't want Jean gone because I prefer Scott, I want Jean Grey gone because I don't trust Marvel to bring her back into continuity and actually do something interesting with the character. This has more to do with Marvel than Jean...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Maybe he will kill here.That has never happened before.......oh wait!

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: So I have to wait for you to say something to me before I can respond to your posts? I didn't know I was offending you by calling you biased. That's not even an insult at least to me it isn't especially since not being biased is impossible, unless you are robot. I guess some people are more sensitive to certain things. What are you talking about "who did what" game, because it seem to me you're the only player. I all been trying to say this whole time is that I am excited for what is in store for Jean Grey and that she still has a place in the Marvel Universe. If you misinterpreted thats not my fault.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope she becomes a good character

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vance_astro  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@vance_astro: So I have to wait for you to say something to me before I can respond to your posts?

No, you can respond to me whenever you want, you just can't pretend i'm the one taking the thread off-topic when i'm only respond to what you said.

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

I didn't know I was offending you by calling you biased. That's not even an insult at least to me it isn't especially since not being biased is impossible, unless you are robot.

I didn't say it was offending me, it is how ever ABOUT ME and not the characters, which was my point. If you call me biased and it's not true you can't expect me to just sit there and let you say it. I'm going to tell you what the truth is. I'm not offended by being called biased, i'm just clearing up what it is I actually felt about Jean Grey.

What are you talking about "who did what" game, because it seem to me you're the only player.

I mean, I didn't come here to argue things that are irrelevant to the thread. Which is kind of what you're started and then tried to push it off on me.

I all been trying to say this whole time is that I am excited for what is in store for Jean Grey and that she still has a place in the Marvel Universe. If you misinterpreted thats not my fault.

This is exactly the type of comments i'm talking about....I completely understood everything you said. The problem isn't me misinterpreting what you said, which is as plain as day. We aren't arguing what you meant in your posts, we're arguing about what you DID SAY...

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@vance_astro: Don't try to put all the blame on me. You have said things about ME too. For example you said I don't know what I am talking about, I'm trying to paint you a certain way, and that I am bent out of shape. So YES I did call you biased but you said things about ME too. Unlike you I simply responded to those comments and went on about how I felt about the characters. Until it was pretty much useless to talk about the characters, because most of the responses was about me and what I am doing. So yea I called you biased, but that was not he main point of my post like you made to be. You are responding to what I am saying and I responding to what you are saying. It just so happens what you are saying has nothing to do with the characters and is about me.

You could have just responded like you did in post #32 in beginning. Saying why you weren't biased and how you felt about the characters. Then I would have been like oh that's cool and every thing would be dandy. Instead you went of about me and what I was doing. I guess you can respond how ever you want though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vance_astro: Don't try to put all the blame on me. You have said things about ME too. For example you said I don't know what I am talking about, I'm trying to paint you a certain way, and that I am bent out of shape. So YES I did call you biased but you said things about ME too. Unlike you I simply responded to those comments and went on about how I felt about the characters. Until it was pretty much useless to talk about the characters, because most of the responses was about me and what I am doing. So yea I called you biased, but that was not he main point of my post like you made to be. You are responding to what I am saying and I responding to what you are saying. It just so happens what you are saying has nothing to do with the characters and is about me.

This is another false account of what actually happened.

You could have just responded like you did in post #32 in beginning. Saying why you weren't biased and how you felt about the characters. Then I would have been like oh that's cool and every thing would be dandy. Instead you went of about me and what I was doing. I guess you can respond how ever you want though.

I responded according to what you said. That's all.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@vance_astro: Believe what you want, but the post say it all.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vance_astro  Moderator

@vance_astro said:

@mercy_ said:

@vance_astro: Couldn't agree more.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I like Jean, as long as Phoenix is avoided.. I've seen enough of that to last me for quite some time.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Love Jean Grey!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey shouldn't come back again.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be so cool if Wanda took away Jean's powers. :)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@teerack said:

I think it would be so cool if Wanda took away Jean's powers. :)

Didn't that happen to AoA Jean during the Dark Angel Saga that led into the latest Age of Apocalypse run?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh right, didn't read that much of it.Anyway that would suck, if scarlet witch did that.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@teerack: why.

She continues to prove she can't handle the kind of power she has, not to mention the huge repercussion a powerless Jean would have on the time line. As we saw from Age of Apocalypse without powers the Phoenix doesn't consider Jean a worthy host. If she goes back a powerless Jean Grey it would save adult Jean's life, probably also have other huge repercussions. Basically it would be incredibly interesting and a surprising turn of events.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By time1

@teerack: Maybe, I prefer old Jean Grey from the white room or Morrison Jean Grey back and I would like her to kick Scarlet witch ass. There the big guns, if you ask me and I would love to see them fight.