So how do you Jason fans feel about Damian?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When Damian was killed Batman went after the Heretic and was planning on killing him. Killing him! Now, he didn't because Heretic was a clone of Damian and Batman realized he was all that was left of his son, but he was planning on killing him all the same. So say if it was Joker instead of Heretic, there would have been nothing stopping Batman from taking his life. The Joker would be dead now and that just completely shits all over Jason Todd. Apparently it's not that Batman believes so firmly in what he stands for that he will never take a life, it's just that Jason Todd didn't mean enough to him.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@redwingx said:

When Damian was killed Batman went after the Heretic and was planning on killing him. Killing him! Now, he didn't because Heretic was a clone of Damian and Batman realized he was all that was left of his son, but he was planning on killing him all the same. So say if it was Joker instead of Heretic, there would have been nothing stopping Batman from taking his life. The Joker would be dead now and that just completely shits all over Jason Todd. Apparently it's not that Batman believes so firmly in what he stands for that he will never take a life, it's just that Jason Todd didn't mean enough to him.

Watch your language, and no it doesn't. I'm not sure who gave you the right to be offended, but you should probably just stop. Title is also misleading. It asks what Todd fans think of Damian, and then your OP is just a rant about how Batman should've taken revenge for Jason's death. Fact is, Batman was wrecked for years after Jason's death. It's still a pivotal moment in both character's development. DC let Batman and the rest of the family get over, or at least move on from, Damian's death about a month later. Stop being so self-righteous, and just enjoy the stories.

...look at that. Made a convincing argument without even going into Jason's flaws, and the fact that Damian was Bruce's biological son.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for one, batman was going to kill joker after Jason's death. In the same story he tracked him down and then was originally stopped by superman, but then they started working together and joker fell out of a helicopter but they couldn't find his body. So batman did try to kill Jason's killer and even got superman to help.

Secondly Jason's death had a greater affect on batman then Damian's. Batman went on rampages for years, acted way differently, became more vicious and ruthless, and even kicked dick out of if the bat cave and told him to leave his key to the house with alfred. That's how crazy it made Bruce.

Outside of the Requiem issues and the batman and Robin series, Bruce has remained the same after daminas death. Maybe in this robin rises event coming up batman will start to get crazy like he did when Jason died but as of right now jason was more important

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

LOL

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Batman shouldn't kill anyone. Period. Regardless of their crimes.

As for the actual question, I consider myself a big fan of both characters. I was a fan of big Jason before I knew anything about Damian. But since learning about and reading up on Damian, I've come to love Damian even more. Both are great characters though.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I don't like much of anything that Morrison did with Batman Inc. He basically screwed with the continuity of three of my favorite batfamily members for no real reason at all.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@dngn4774 said:

I don't like much of anything that Morrison did with Batman Inc. He basically screwed with the continuity of three of my favorite batfamily members for no real reason at all.

QFT

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx: look at a death in the family he freaking did want to kill joker hell had the helicopter not exploded he was literally going to kill joker. He even said in his mind that he wished joker could die by his hand but death by exploding helicopter will have to do. So yea only joker being thought to be dead stoped him.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP has no idea what he's talking about. Batman went at Joker and beat him brutally, clearly intending to kill him for taking Jason away, but he didn't, just like he didn't kill Heretic. It'd be similar if Dick or Tim was killed.