Is Jason Todd better off alone, or is he better with a team/GF?

• 157 results
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Is good enough to have two books? One with a group and one without one. It's not exactly impossible it's just unlikely.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

@dngn4774 said:

Is good enough to have two books? One with a group and one without one. It's not exactly impossible it's just unlikely.

eh, this book is really heavily influenced by Jason, and they seem to spend most of their waking time together, so it is rare that they would be apart. Even with Jason going off to help Batman Inc and Gotham, especially since Batman Inc is ending, i think i would find it difficult for Jason to have his own book. DC would never do it though, his name is on the title and though the book sells good, it isnt the top selling title at DC. That is why Batman has like 4-5 titles, and Superman is about to gain two more. Now, Batgirl is featured in two books, BOP and her self title, but that is due to BOP being a group that she started in old continuity. Plus, there are (or were to be correct) more characters in the book. If RHTO was expanded with more members, something like a Uncanny Xmen book, I could possibly see Jason getting his own title, but that would mean that RHTO would have to be selling substantially and Jaosn wouldn't be a main focal point of the book.

Now if people really thought that A solo book would work better, instead of RHTO, I think it would be difficult. There would have to be a new supporting cast, or a villains when Jason's new origin has been established and his main threats being addressed in his other title. I would only agree to a Red Hood solo, if RHTO gets canceled, which it doesn't look like it would be for a while.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

LMFAO just read through the last page or so, what the heck was going on in this thread 25 days ago?! That kid actually made another account after he was banned and then proceeded to make like 3-4 more? That's hilarious lol and on the subject of creating multiple accounts, all it takes is more than one email address. It's just like making two different facebook accounts.

To FINALLY start getting things back on track, I think Jason's reached the point where he can have his own book. I still like him with the Outlaws, but I wouldn't mind seeing him have more solo adventures as well to work through his own stuff. Pre-Flashpoint, the greatest thing about both Dick and Tim was that no matter how many adventures they had in space or dealt with magic as part of the Teen Titans or Outsiders, they still had their own series to go back to where the characters could be grounded and operate at a more street level, which at the end of the day is something I think every member of the Bat Family needs. When Jason's with the other two he can have all the mystical adventures in the world, and in his own series he could just stick to protecting a city. It's an old method, but a tried and true one that Batman writers still perform today.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO just read through the last page or so, what the heck was going on in this thread 25 days ago?! That kid actually made another account after he was banned and then proceeded to make like 3-4 more? That's hilarious lol and on the subject of creating multiple accounts, all it takes is more than one email address. It's just like making two different facebook accounts.

To FINALLY start getting things back on track, I think Jason's reached the point where he can have his own book. I still like him with the Outlaws, but I wouldn't mind seeing him have more solo adventures as well to work through his own stuff. Pre-Flashpoint, the greatest thing about both Dick and Tim was that no matter how many adventures they had in space or dealt with magic as part of the Teen Titans or Outsiders, they still had their own series to go back to where the characters could be grounded and operate at a more street level, which at the end of the day is something I think every member of the Bat Family needs. When Jason's with the other two he can have all the mystical adventures in the world, and in his own series he could just stick to protecting a city. It's an old method, but a tried and true one that Batman writers still perform today.

- I agree.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Being that I only read Outlaws for Jason I'd say he should get his own ongoing.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he should have a team but with different teammates.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By wessaari

@dngn4774: I am guessing you dont approve of Kori and Roy. Anybody else you feel deserve a spot

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari: It's not really like that. I like Kori and Roy. Personally, I think Tynion has already done a better job with those two than Lobdell did, but everyone who is unsatisfied with book seems to shred them. That being said I'd like Cheshire to be on the team instead of Kori for the following reasons:

• Deep down I'm hoping another writer can undo the damage Lobdell has done with her character.
  • Kori's power level doesn't mesh well with the other two, which makes it hard to have consistently good villains. Her villains should be able to destroy the boys and she can easily fry any of Jason or Roy's opponents.
  • I liked the pre 52 Chesh/Roy pairing. Maybe we'll even get Lian back.
  • Cheshire has already been announce to be appearing soon, so it should be so hard to write her in.
wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@wessaari: It's not really like that. I like Kori and Roy. Personally, I think Tynion has already done a better job with those two than Lobdell did, but everyone who is unsatisfied with book seems to shred them. That being said I'd like Cheshire to be on the team instead of Kori for the following reasons:

• Deep down I'm hoping another writer can undo the damage Lobdell has done with her character.
  • Kori's power level doesn't mesh well with the other two, which makes it hard to have consistently good villains. Her villains should be able to destroy the boys and she can easily fry any of Jason or Roy's opponents.
  • Cheshire has already been announce to be appearing soon, so it should be so hard to write her in.

Ever since the early days of the book, Cheshire has always been a character that fans have wanted in the book, and now with her inevidtable intro, it is starting to sound very plausible that she will join the Outlaws in the future. Tynion has said that no one is going to join the team for the time being, so unless he is lying, it seems a little premature to say she is going to join the Outlaws.

Issue 6 was a really strong issue for Lobdell and Kori in my opinion, and though I didn't like the goldfish memory he insinuated, I am glad that James clarified that isn't the case. I love Kori and found that including her in the Outlaws was such a random and cool concept, and she was necessary for a while. Nowadays, it has become clearer that she is too powerful for the team nonetheless she stays because she likes being around them, which is something I admire. It looks like there will definitely be some friction, so it is possible to see her leave, but if James has some enemies that are worth Kori's level and things work out with her friends, I see no reason for her to leave just yet

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Have to take into account that it's also been announced Cheshire will have more of a connection with Jason and his past than Roy, though I to would love to see Lian again. It would be interesting to have her on the team, but at the same time I enjoy the current teams dynamic. I agree Kori can stand out at times due to her abilities, and the fact the other two are street levels, but I can't imagine her leaving, or where she'd go for that matter. I've personally been wondering for a while now if the team would ever just be expanded and gain a new member or two.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I will admit guys,I really haven't been dug the last 2 issues

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: @nathaniel_christopher: @wessaari: @dngn4774:

- In my opinion, the last two installments of Tyrion's asinine drivel has basically disregarded everything Lobdell has done and has wasted 1.5-2 years of my time.

- I'm not looking forward to anything except the day Tynion is fired off of and or leaves this book, and that's assuming that he doesn't ride it into the ground by getting it canceled.