Does Bruce actually care about Jason Todd anymore?

• 184 results
JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By JasonTodd13

It was never jason's fault, he just wanted family, if i was jason i would made the same decisions.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By tupiaz

In Hush Batman temporally regrets that he didn’t avenge Jason and wants to kill The Joker. He eventually gets his sense of justice back when Jim talks to him. In the same story he also thinks Jason was unfit to be Robin and that his anger got in his way. Bruce hoped that he could somehow use it to form Jason as a Robin, but it wasn’t possible. This shows me that Bruce does love Jason but he also feels Jason never became the Robin Dick was and that he was disappointed in himself and Jason for not being a better Robin.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By JasonTodd13

@tupiaz: Ultimately, the problem was Bruce never told jason that he loved him before the joker murdered him, thats why jason feels no one cared about him.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tupiaz said:

In Hush Batman temporally regrets that he didn’t avenge Jason and wants to kill The Joker. He eventually gets his sense of justice back when Jim talks to him. In the same story he also thinks Jason was unfit to be Robin and that his anger got in his way. Bruce hoped that he could somehow use it to form Jason as a Robin, but it wasn’t possible. This shows me that Bruce does love Jason but he also feels Jason never became the Robin Dick was and that he was disappointed in himself and Jason for not being a better Robin.

Pretty much. As he mentioned in his message to Jason during Battle for the Cowl, Jason had many deep psychological issues that were never dealt with and Bruce takes responsibility for that. He does love Jason though.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HushoftheWind

im just glad they calmed Jason down a tad bit, he's not Bat shit insane like he use to be

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: That was extremely stupid and untrue, Bruce only assumed Jason had psychological issues, but it wasnt true as it provoked Jason. There was nothing wrong with Jason, Bruce was just looking for an excuse to explain Jason's actions as Robin. Yes. Bruce loved him, but he never told jason that and its too late to tell Jason that now that Jason is one of his enemies.

@HushoftheWind: They basically watered down Jason in the New 52, I much prefered the Under the Hood incarnation, when he began his war on Batman.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: That was extremely stupid and untrue, Bruce only assumed Jason had psychological issues, but it wasnt true as it provoked Jason. There was nothing wrong with Jason, Bruce was just looking for an excuse to explain Jason's actions as Robin. Yes. Bruce loved him, but he never told jason that and its too late to tell Jason that now that Jason is one of his enemies.

Really? Bruce only assumed it? Please post a scan where it's proven Bruce only assumed it and that it wasn't true. Sounds to me like you're simply mad about how your favorite character was written and want to create your own fanon.

And if you'd kept up on your reading you'd know Jason's now working with Bruce in Batman, Inc.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Goes both ways, post a scan that shows that Jason has psychological problems as Bruce said, I would post scans if I knew how to, but i dont. He only worked once with Batman incorporated, doesnt mean he works with bruce.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: Honestly, Bruce was and is never capable of saying that to anyone, save for Alfred and that would take alot. He should have known that Jason was a differnet case than Dick, and treated him differently than the way he raised his adopted sons. That is how Bruce failed Jason, he wasnt the parent he needed and he wasnt the mentor he deserved.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: That is what exactly what went wrong with Bruce and Jason, unable to tell Jason he loved him, it strengthened Jason's resolve to seek vengeance on him. Bruce Failed in both capacities as Mentor and Father, so yeah you are right about the failure part.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Goes both ways, post a scan that shows that Jason has psychological problems as Bruce said, I would post scans if I knew how to, but i dont. He only worked once with Batman incorporated, doesnt mean he works with bruce.

"Bruce assumed so and said his thoughts in his last message to Jason in Battle for the cowl, it is an assumption, not a fact. there was never anything wrong with Jason, except Bruce never told him he loved him and only raised him as Robin and not as a son. there isnt any evidence that supports Bruces assumption that Jason had psychological problems."

It actually doesn't, as you just admitted you don't know how to post scans, and therefore have no intention of posting any regardless, yet you wish for me to post scans. Bruce saying Jason had psychological issues, Dick questioning Jason on said issues, and Jason attacking him over said issues should be enough to prove Bruce was right. Yet you're claiming he was lying for what purpose? To make Jason look bad when its been noted time and again that he loves Jason? When they're currently (Instead of just once as you ludicrously claim) working together in Batman, Inc. How does him being in Batman Inc. mean he isn't working with Bruce? Dude you make the most baseless claims. Bruce is the one who let him into Batman Inc, and set up the identity of Wingman to use and told Jason it was a chance to redeem himself when he did, and Jason responded that he knew that, but somehow they're not working together? Ok bro.

No Caption Provided

Yes he was clearly lying. (Sarcasm)

EDIT: Interview with one of the writers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/04/13/behind-batman-battle-for-the-cowl-part-two

Within he admits that Jason was indeed unstable and always had been, so what you personally think doesn't really matter. Can't argue with the writer and say Bruce was lying or assuming when he wasn't.

"He isnt really in Batman Incorporated because hes busy with his own things with the outlaws, he worked with Bruce on one mission, but it doesnt mean he is working with Bruce full time, that is what I meant to say. But I think Jason goes on missions with Batman Incorporated out of sentimentality for the old days, when he was Robin."

That's like saying Bruce isn't in the Justice League because he's bust with his own things. In short, it makes no sense and Doesn't change the fact he works with Bruce and he's been Wingman for some time, more than just one mission as I keep pointing out to you.

And once more the comics disagree with you. As I said, Bruce let Jason in Batman Inc so he could redeem himself, and Jason agreed with him.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: assumed I said, lying is completely different.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: assumed I said, lying is completely different.

As I already pointed out, the writer confirmed it to be true so you're simply wrong.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: what the writer says and Bruce assumes arent the same thing, Jason is perfectly sane, always has been, the only problem he has is that Bruce never avenged him. Batman is a part of the Justice League, with Jason its different hes with the outlaws now, thats where he spends most of his time and where he stays to get away from Bruce. No one can blame Jason for what he feels after he found out Bruce let the Joker lived, how would anyone react when they found out their murderer still lives, killing more people? What the writer says is his point of view, it is still not proven that Jason has any psychological problems, I havent seen anything except Jason getting angry at Bruces message.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tupiaz

@JasonTodd13. As mention in my earlier post Jason already had anger issues when he was Robin and something Bruce had problems with. As a Robin Bruce has more respect for Tim and Dick than Jason. So Jason didn't get his anger as Red Hood that was something he got all along. Only difference is that Bruce is now a target for it.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JasonTodd13

@tupiaz: I already know Jason had anger issues when he was Robin. We were talking about psychological problems which is completely different from anger issues. Jason's anger skyrocketed when he found his murderer still alive.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tupiaz

That real depends on what you are meaning with psychological problems. Do you mean that the person is mentally ill in the sense that the person does not sense the world correctly (though delusions, hearing voices seeing things that isn’t there) then yeah you don’t have psychological problems because you have anger issues. If you by psychological problems mean that you are not mentally balanced then anger issues is psychological problems. Now I haven’t read Battle for the cowl so I can’t talk about the case in itself but anger issues can without a problem what so ever be an psychological problem. Bruce even mentions in Hush that Jason wasn’t mentally fit for the job as Robin due to this. Jason should know that Batman isn’t the killer type and has his no murder rule so his anger is rather irrational.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By wessaari

@tupiaz: ya i think everyone here will agree with that, but Jason felt betrayed by Bruce by his inabilities to be a good mentor, and father to him along with the fact that he was unavenged. No matter what the problems with Jason were, Bruce treated Jason like a son, and gave him a new purpose. Where Bruce failed was his lack of understanding of Jason's circumstances and behavior. I dont blame Batman for not killing the Joker, his entire being would have been compromised. Where i have a problem is people not giving Jason a chance. he is being blamed for his death, his tenure as Robin has been called into question and recieves very little respect about it save for Tim. Everyone just passes him off as crazy, or just another villain, while there are those who actually understnad where Jason is coming from. Bruce isnt perfect, hell that is why Dick left being Robin, and why Oracle left Gotham for a while right before Jason showed back up. Bruce is partly responsible for Jason's outcome

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tupiaz

I don’t real blame Jason as Robin I just don’t get the idea for him to be Red Hood it seems a bit forced and irrational. Now I haven’t real read anything with him as Red Hood but I just don’t get the overall premise.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By wessaari

@tupiaz: well you will need to read it to understand it my friend

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JasonTodd13

@tupiaz: He took on the identity of the Red Hood for a purpose, it was the Joker's identity originally, and seemed fitting for Jason to take up his killer's old identity to punish Batman.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tupiaz

Yeah that I get it is more the hoe premise about Jason being pissed at Bruce/Batman I don’t buy.BTW why didn’t you comment on Jason psychological issues?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: what the writer says and Bruce assumes arent the same thing, Jason is perfectly sane, always has been, the only problem he has is that Bruce never avenged him. Batman is a part of the Justice League, with Jason its different hes with the outlaws now, thats where he spends most of his time and where he stays to get away from Bruce. No one can blame Jason for what he feels after he found out Bruce let the Joker lived, how would anyone react when they found out their murderer still lives, killing more people? What the writer says is his point of view, it is still not proven that Jason has any psychological problems, I havent seen anything except Jason getting angry at Bruces message.

So if a person writes a character, and then says something about that character, that means nothing? That's ridiculous. Both Tony Daniel and Grant Morrison noted Jason to be insane when writing him. You saying he isn't doesn't change anything, just like you saying he hates the Bat Family doesn't change the fact he's currently working with Bruce in Batman Inc., and helped the other members numerous times Post-Flashpoint.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By daredevil21134

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@JasonTodd13 said:

So if a person writes a character, and then says something about that character, that means nothing? That's ridiculous. Both Tony Daniel and Grant Morrison noted Jason to be insane when writing him. You saying he isn't doesn't change anything, just like you saying he hates the Bat Family doesn't change the fact he's currently working with Bruce in Batman Inc., and helped the other members numerous times Post-Flashpoint.

He just prefers Jason to hate everybody but if you actually understand the character,you know that's not true

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: There is no evidence in the DC universe that proves that jason is insane, you cant even shoe me evidence for that matter, jason went to arkham, he passed the psychological tests repeatedly, thus he is 100% sane. Hating the Bat family doesnt mean he wont work with the batfamily... sometimes. This is how I understand Jason from the moment he returned in Under the Hood storyline, all i have seen him is attack people and stuff.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: There is no evidence in the DC universe that proves that jason is insane, you cant even shoe me evidence for that matter, jason went to arkham, he passed the psychological tests repeatedly, thus he is 100% sane. Hating the Bat family doesnt mean he wont work with the batfamily... sometimes. This is how I understand Jason from the moment he returned in Under the Hood storyline, all i have seen him is attack people and stuff.

"Uh, no they arent. what the writer says is wrong, hes one of the jason todd haters. Jason is sane, always has been always will be, it has not be proven that Jason is insane or that he has psychological problems, so it proves that both bruce and the writer wrong. Dick was more talking about how angry Jason was with Bruce's message to him, it was never about his mental condition. I have read Batman and Robin, and Jason says no such thing when he was with scarlett. There is no evidence to the contrary of what Im saying."

And this is when I fully stop paying attention to someone.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77  Edited By entropy_aegis

Jason is not insane but he's not sane either,and I honestly dont see anything wrong with that,Batman himself fits that category.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason isnt more insane that the rest of people that uses dumb costumes and use dumbass code names.

Jason and Bruce have the problem that they have a huge connection, i mean he could play favorites with Dick, be a better father to Tim, but he is way more connected with Jason.

That why Jason is so angry, isnt even about Bruce, Dick or Tim, is about himself, people get angry with themselves and then they play dumb and start this is your fault or i hate all of you.

He would kill them for real, i mean he fails at killing them and making mistakes he never would do against other guys.

Ask Deadshot about this.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say that, as it implies he's normally just as sane as everyone else who puts on a costume, and he's not. I'd say that like Bruce he happens to have deep psychological issues, but unlike Bruce hasn't confronted them. Ever. More like he's simply shoved them aside and doesn't think about them. (Post-Flashpoint anyways, before he'd let it consume him.)

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By JasonTodd13

Jason is sane, was proven by the people at arkham.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#81  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

Jason is not insane but he's not sane either,and I honestly dont see anything wrong with that,Batman himself fits that category.

This

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#82  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

This

yup. not insane but deeply troubled.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By wessaari

i really dont know how the discussion of Jason's sanity even started from, but its no that hard guys, he's freaking sane :P

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@tupiaz said:

Pretty much. As he mentioned in his message to Jason during Battle for the Cowl, Jason had many deep psychological issues that were never dealt with and Bruce takes responsibility for that. He does love Jason though.

^ JasonTodd 13 disagreed and it proceeded from there. Back to the main topic though, I think its clear Bruce loves Jason like he does his other children. And Jason himself has even gotten over his anger at Bruce and is now working with him in Batman Inc. Has what seems to be an amiable relationship with Tim as well.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: no, bruce does love jason, but he gave up on Jason, he didnt know what to do when Jason had became the Red hood and started killing criminals, its possible that he cares and doesnt care about jason at the same time, so far he hasnt offerred to help jason since his return, he hasnt tried (as far as i know), Jason is still angry at bruce thats why he hasnt gone home, the mansion was basically jasons only home but jason refuses to go back there both in the pre 52 and new 52, obviously spelling that hes still angry at bruce. working one or a couple times with bruce doesnt mean hes made his peace with him and one friendly conversation with tim means nothing, why is people taking that seriously, its only one conversation, plus jason still hates tims guts.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Jason is what happens when Bruce let his problems take control, that why Jason act like a sane version of THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!! from Miller.

@JasonTodd13: Arkham is an asylum, they dont use the word insane or crazy and that the fact you arent insane like getting naked and run away dont mean you are perfectly sane.

This being said, Jason dont look more insane that the Punisher or Spiderman.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: no, bruce does love jason, but he gave up on Jason, he didnt know what to do when Jason had became the Red hood and started killing criminals, its possible that he cares and doesnt care about jason at the same time, so far he hasnt offerred to help jason since his return, he hasnt tried (as far as i know), Jason is still angry at bruce thats why he hasnt gone home, the mansion was basically jasons only home but jason refuses to go back there both in the pre 52 and new 52, obviously spelling that hes still angry at bruce. working one or a couple times with bruce doesnt mean hes made his peace with him and one friendly conversation with tim means nothing, why is people taking that seriously, its only one conversation, plus jason still hates tims guts.

That's wrong actually.

Why would he go back to the mansion when he already has a home and is a grown man?

Both mean a lot actually, as they're complete 180s from the way Jason treated both Bruce and Tim Pre-Flashpoint and speak of massive character development. Add that to the fact Jason himself said he no longer plans to let his past rule him, as well as the fact that he agreed with Bruce that working with him in Batman Inc. was a chance to redeem himself and your argument has nothing to stand on. Here's an idea though, go find some actual proof that Jason still hates any of the Bat Family members in the Post-Flashpoint universe.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By wessaari

@Nathaniel_Christopher: i agree with you that he has grown and doesnt hate the Bat-family as much, or anymore for that matter. But Jason still has some anger towards Dick, this is seen in Rhto 1 and B&R. so if he hates anyone, he hates Dick

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: i agree with you that he has grown and doesnt hate the Bat-family as much, or anymore for that matter. But Jason still has some anger towards Dick, this is seen in Rhto 1 and B&R. so if he hates anyone, he hates Dick

I think Jason's feelings are mixed on Dick more than anyone else. Partially because he's always resented Dick to some extent, then also due to whatever is still canon from the events of Dick's time as Batman where he and Jason faced off, along with Battle for the Cowl. Though when he was unconscious I think it's worth noting he remembered his time with Dick when he was Robin and Dick was trying to teach him the ropes. He blew Dick off back then, but when remembering it he says he's listening, showing more respect than the original memory, seen in RHATO 6 I believe. He also called him "Grayson" back as Robin, but calls him "Dick" when remembering. Not saying there relationship is like Jason and Tim with them sitting down and having breakfast together, but I think there's a lot of emotions there.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By wessaari

@Nathaniel_Christopher: definitely, but even Dick has shown some hostility to Jason in the New 52. I think its a mutual dislike for one another, but i think Jason respects him to some extent

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

indeed, no doubt due to the past events where Jason attacked him, as well as Tim. I think there current relationship is worse than Jason and Tim's, but better than Jason and Damian's (From what I remember Damian doesn't respect Jason at all) Though in Batman Inc. Dick wasn't surprised to see Jason dressed as Wingman when he unmasked, so that may hint that he's known all along about Jason working with Bruce.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By JasonTodd13

@DeathpooltheT1000: Its proven Jason is sane, he was only motivated with vengeance against his former mentor and the joker.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Ah, no, thats incorrect actually, jason has no home, not anymore, I think he has been moving around a lot after his resurrection, as dipicted during Red Hood and the lost days. As Talia declared war on Batman incorparated, she probably cut the funds to Jasons account, so he have no money to get a house and that (if he ever will, which i doubt). once again, he thought of letting go of the past, but he doesnt because it was only a thought nothing more. sentimental value is what he was working with the bat family for, reminding himself of his robin days, and it was only a couple of missions. The proof that Jason hates the bat family, is that he doesnt go home, that he doesnt keep in contact with them regularly, he puts blood on the mantle of the bat he wears on his chest when he kills, he bangs one of dick's ex girls, and isaw a scan that he made a recent attack on batman, pointing a gun at his head, saying how easy it would be to kill him. You havent got any evidence that he doesnt hate them.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Ah, no, thats incorrect actually, jason has no home, not anymore, I think he has been moving around a lot after his resurrection, as dipicted during Red Hood and the lost days. As Talia declared war on Batman incorparated, she probably cut the funds to Jasons account, so he have no money to get a house and that (if he ever will, which i doubt). once again, he thought of letting go of the past, but he doesnt because it was only a thought nothing more. sentimental value is what he was working with the bat family for, reminding himself of his robin days, and it was only a couple of missions. The proof that Jason hates the bat family, is that he doesnt go home, that he doesnt keep in contact with them regularly, he puts blood on the mantle of the bat he wears on his chest when he kills, he bangs one of dick's ex girls, and isaw a scan that he made a recent attack on batman, pointing a gun at his head, saying how easy it would be to kill him. You havent got any evidence that he doesnt hate them.

If you read the current comics you'd know he has his own place where he stays in his off time, its in Gotham City as a matter of fact. Also, as was revealed in RHATO, which of course you haven't read, he himself stole money from various organizations on his own that no one has access to save him, so Talia's not cutting that off. Of course since he's now working with Bruce there's no reason Bruce wouldn't also be helping him out if he did run through all his cash, which I doubt he will anytime soon. So he already has his own place, his own money, and once again he admitted he let go of the past. It's only you who keeps trying to interpret pages you hasn't even seen and are saying that he was only thinking about it when he already affirmed numerous times he has. He actually keeps in contact with both Bruce and Tim, as has again been revealed in the comics you haven't been reading. Also, he doesn't kill indiscriminately anymore. That's a trait he left behind with the Flashpoint reboot. Not sure what scan you're talking about. Go find it and we'll see. And i've already pointed out the evidence you have yet to counter, as well as pointing out that pretty much every point in your above post is wrong.

So lets sum it up shall we?

Living on his own as an adult doesn't show he hates anyone (Unless the majority of the people in the world hate their parents, and of course unless Dick, and Tim both hate Bruce.), he keeps in contact with different members (And has been seen not only working with both Bruce and Tim, but showing up when contacted to help everyone out of tight spots), doesn't go around killing people, (Even held himself back from using lethal force again his some of his former teachers who were resurrected as zombies out of respect for them), and sleeping with someone's ex certainly doesn't mean you hate that person (Really i'm not sure what sense that idea even made to you when you wrote it).

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By wessaari

Jason has various safe houses around the world, and a getaway island that is Starfire's home. he has the money and means to have a home/house/apartment

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JasonTodd13

then this "his won place" is one of the many temporary places he goes to like in Red Hood: The Lost Days, he doesnt live there, at least not permanently, I think like in the lost days, he is always moving from place to place by the looks of things, Bruce wouldnt do anything for Jason, as he knows Jason is still angry at him and still resents him, so no money. Why do you keep bringing up working with Bruce? It was only sentimental value only, it means nothing and he has not made peace with Bruce. You said it was inner monologue that he says he has made peace, which means he was thinking of it but not acted on it. He Kills criminals, thats just the same as he does before. if he keeps in contact with them, then that means, he wants to go kill them or taunt them, get them angry on purpose. jason isnt a people person he showed that planty of times since superboy primes's punch resurrected, being on his own does mean he hates everyone, he practically exiled himself from the batfamily because he believes no one cared when died, I believe dick would be pissed if he found out Jason slept with his ex. cant remember where the scan of jason trying to kill batman in the new 52 is, searched for it, but cant find it, maybe someone removed, but i will try and find it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#96  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Nathaniel_Christopher:

Not sure what scan you're talking about. Go find it and we'll see

I'm guessing the flashback scan where he had Bruce at gun point in homage to what happened in UTRH.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

then this "his won place" is one of the many temporary places he goes to like in Red Hood: The Lost Days, he doesnt live there, at least not permanently, I think like in the lost days, he is always moving from place to place by the looks of things, Bruce wouldnt do anything for Jason, as he knows Jason is still angry at him and still resents him, so no money. Why do you keep bringing up working with Bruce? It was only sentimental value only, it means nothing and he has not made peace with Bruce. You said it was inner monologue that he says he has made peace, which means he was thinking of it but not acted on it. He Kills criminals, thats just the same as he does before. if he keeps in contact with them, then that means, he wants to go kill them or taunt them, get them angry on purpose. jason isnt a people person he showed that planty of times since superboy primes's punch resurrected, being on his own does mean he hates everyone, he practically exiled himself from the batfamily because he believes no one cared when died, I believe dick would be pissed if he found out Jason slept with his ex. cant remember where the scan of jason trying to kill batman in the new 52 is, searched for it, but cant find it, maybe someone removed, but i will try and find it.

Bruce wouldn't do anything for Jason? Wrong, as he's been letting Jason work with Batman Inc. and both acknowledged (Meaning Jason as well) that it was a chance for Jason to redeem himself from everything he'd been doing since his resurrection. You have no scans of Jason being angry at Bruce, no scans of him resenting Bruce, and people have continually pointed out that in his mind Jason admitted he'd moved on. And his actions have only backed that idea up, with him working with various members of the Bat Family in times of crisis.

". if he keeps in contact with them, then that means, he wants to go kill them or taunt them, get them angry on purpose." Nope, nothing but your own speculation to keep the character the way you want which isn't what's been happening in the story. Find some proof to back that idea up and it'll be a different matter.

Jason actually is a people person, as we've been seeing in RHATO where he works with Roy and Kori and even started a relationship with a woman recently.

Living on your own doesn't mean you hate anyone, that's one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard. As i've already pointed out Jason isn't a boy anymore as he was when he died. He's a grown man like both Dick and Tim.

You believing Dick would be pissed doesn't make it a fact, and also doesn't prove that sleeping with a person's ex means you hate that person.

The scan is probably this one:

No Caption Provided

which i'm sorry to inform you doesn't mean anything as its a flashback to the events of Under the Red Hood as they now happened in the New 52, and Jason has since moved on from them, as has Bruce which is why they're working together in Batman Inc.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: as of New 52, he doesnt hate everyone anymore. You have to read it to understand it. You are speaking in old continuity. Jason isnt as hateful as he was before. Also Jason never slept with Kori, it was a lie Jason told so that Roy wouldnt pull a move on her. It didnt stop him apparently. Jason has had a nice moment with Tim, came and helped with the Family in B&R, is going back to work with TIm in the upcoming Joker arc, and is appparently in Batman Inc. The argument that Jason hates the Batfamily is not an argument anymore. Does he still harbor anger towards them, of course, but not hate. just because he doesnt go home doesnt mean he hates them, he still isnt comfortable with going home. Estranged children who are trying to reconcile with their families often dont go home

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By JasonTodd13

@Nathaniel_Christopher: batman letting jason team up with him for sentimental reasons means nothing absolutely nothing. Jason has thought of making peace with the past, but he hasnt, because he still believes that Bruce and everyone else never cared about him. I dont need scans to prove Jason is still angry at Bruce, Its his own personality, his character that proves he is still enraged at bruce and the batfamily, he is merely hiding the rage inside. He isnt, he is merely putting up a false peronality so he can get what he really wants, he doesnt really care about tht woman isabel, shes a nobody, i bet he wanted to see what it was like to date someone, he has now, now he has no need for her, Jason is incapable of feeling positive emotions for people because he is consumed with hatred. That scan was the one im talking about, you see he tried to kill bruce. he works with them for sentimental reasons, how many times do i have to say that? Living on your own away from people is a fact that jason hates everyone, he barely interacts with people he doesnt know, and dick pretty much hates what jason has become, and jason sleeping with his ex with pretty much aggravate dick.

@wessaari: The New 52 isnt any different to the pre 52, either than the fact he works with people who means nothing to him and works with batman for sentimental reasons. He is the same person, the former darker robin, the one bruce failed and the one determined to hate everyone. one moment with tim means nothing, he still hates tim for replacing him, even though tim is red robin now, Jason doesnt want to go home because he has no place there, he he hates the whole lot of them, bruce most of all.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: batman letting jason team up with him for sentimental reasons means nothing absolutely nothing. Jason has thought of making peace with the past, but he hasnt, because he still believes that Bruce and everyone else never cared about him. I dont need scans to prove Jason is still angry at Bruce, Its his own personality, his character that proves he is still enraged at bruce and the batfamily, he is merely hiding the rage inside. He isnt, he is merely putting up a false peronality so he can get what he really wants, he doesnt really care about tht woman isabel, shes a nobody, i bet he wanted to see what it was like to date someone, he has now, now he has no need for her, Jason is incapable of feeling positive emotions for people because he is consumed with hatred. That scan was the one im talking about, you see he tried to kill bruce. he works with them for sentimental reasons, how many times do i have to say that? Living on your own away from people is a fact that jason hates everyone, he barely interacts with people he doesnt know, and dick pretty much hates what jason has become, and jason sleeping with his ex with pretty much aggravate dick.

Too bad for you that both Jason and Bruce agreed it meant a chance for Jason to redeem himself, and Bruce giving Jason that chance despite the fact he's murdered countless people means everything.

Yes you do, since the current stories that are being written disagree with you at every turn. The idea he's putting up a false personality is interesting, now go find scans to prove it and stop acting like you control the character and how he's written.

"incapable of feeling positive emotions for people because he is consumed with rage", geez you're blind.

Yes, I see that he tried to kill Bruce in the past which everyone already knows. I also see they're now working together as allies.

How can Jason work with someone for sentimental reasons when he's "incapable of feeling positive emotions for people"?

Working with people is a fact that Jason doesn't hate everyone.

Why would you interact with people you don't know?

Too bad you don't have any proof that Dick is annoyed about Jason and Kori and are just pulling ideas out of thin air to make up your own Fanon.