#1 Posted by ruisu1221 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I have decided to get into the Iron Man comics due to the amazing Iron Man movies..I just saw 3 so I am really pumped to dive into his comics...question is..where do I start?

#2 Posted by lewismcgregor (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruisu1221: It depends on what you are after. If you want to go back through all of the printed history then Wikipedia is actually a good source of information for finding the names of collected editions and the issues that are collected within the TPB. If you want to start reading a more recent publication and be part of a monthly subscription then you're in luck as marvel recently relaunched (to some extent) a lot of their titles and you won't have far to go back on. The first Marvel NOW Iron Man book is here - Believe.

#3 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about recent stories.

However Extremis and Iron Man by Joe Quesada is pretty self containded. The latter defffently does more for the Iron Mythos than the first one.

#4 Posted by TheTrollDance (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also a new Iron Man reader and in my opinion the best way to get into the character is to read Extremis, followed by Matt Fraction's incredible run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invincible_Iron_Man). You should also read Secret Invasion before reading World's Most Wanted, and Fear Itself alongside, well, Fear Itself. I haven't read any of the Marvel NOW stuff, but from what I've heard it's mediocre at best. Iron Man by Joe Quesada seems great, too, though I haven't read it yet.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

go with the essentials if you can find them. if not just pick one issue and read.