#1 Edited by justin_blank (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I really don't understand how Marvel's using Iron Fist and keeps lying about him. He was shown to be one of The Mighty in the early stages of Fear Itself, and it was said that he'd have a big role. Well the whole Mighty thing only lasted a few pages, and Iron Fist really wasn't a significant player in Fear Itself. During Fear Itself he popped up in Iron Man 2.0 and it was shown he was possessed by a demon or something like that. However, after his appearance in the that issue, this has never been referenced. Even his white costume. It turned white during the first story arc of The New Avengers, which actually gave him some face-time, but why it turned white or what the connection is with the eye of agamotto has also never been referenced since.

He had a mini-series with the new Power-man introduced during Shadowland but after that their partnership wasn't really mentioned again. Now Power-Man's popped up in Avengers academy. It was also said at the beginning of Avengers v.s. X-Men that Iron Fist would have a big role to play once again. It was also said that the iron fist would have some connection to the phoenix force. Iron Fist has been in the background during some of the series but hasn't really had his time to shine. Also the phoenix force connection was traded off on Hope Summers, and it seems like even that's been dropped.

Iron Fist isn't even in the New Avengers titled much. He was on the cover of issue 30 with Luke Cage and Daredevil. Both those characters are the main stars of the issue, but Iron Fist isn't in the issue at all! He was also featured on the covers of #25 and #26, but once again, he doesn't have a single appearance in either of those issues!

I wish Marvel would stop this, it's just misleading and confusing. Even the issue descriptions mention Danny Rand, despite him not being in the issues. Marvel keeps setting up stories with Iron Fist, and hinting that he'll play a larger role, but then they just leave him to be a piece of scenery in the background.

Not utilizing the character's one thing. That's their call, maybe the character's just not popular enough. What I don't understand is why they keep starting to give him a push only to pull him back. At least he's in the Defenders though, and amazingly even gets a few lines in that comic!

#2 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i say he should ditch the Avengers and do a solo series again. his was so sick, loved all the background info on the immortal weapons and seeing them going into the 8th city was one of my favorite stories in such a long time. i totally agree that they keep setting him up and then leave him alone, they keep teasing and tempting us with stories set around him but so far hes just background fodder. i like my fist solo and kickin

#3 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist is one of those characters on the line between popular and obscure. Those characters for Marvel are interchangeable. If they put out a book for him and it does great, cool..if not, they aren't to concerned with it because they have 8-9 other heroes that can take his spot an any given moment. Iron Fist did have a role in  Avengers v.s. X-Men, that Iron Fist just happened to be Fonji Wu and not Danny Rand. Most events are Avengers related and Iron Fist isn't really an important Avenger. As an Iron Fist fan I'm thrilled with all the face time he's getting without actually having an ongoing. I don't see Marvel holding out too much longer before he has an ongoing again. Immortal Iron Fist was AMAZING, I think it just came at the wrong time in Marvel's history. They need to get their priorities straight.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Moderator
#7 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

The First 2 issues of Hawkeye have been amazing

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

The First 2 issues of Hawkeye have been amazing

I agree I'm enjoying the series immensely. It may not be perfect with the characters history, but it is far better than what he has gotten elsewhere.

#9 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

The First 2 issues of Hawkeye have been amazing

I agree I'm enjoying the series immensely. It may not be perfect with the characters history, but it is far better than what he has gotten elsewhere.

Not only does it not follow the characters history, but it misinterprets the character's abilities and personality. It's mediocre at best.

#10 Edited by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a Clint Purist by any means so the changes don't bother me. Its an entertaining story and Clint is interesting and endearing so I'm happy. Don't you think calling it Mediocre is a bit harsh? History aside the book is well written

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

The First 2 issues of Hawkeye have been amazing

I agree I'm enjoying the series immensely. It may not be perfect with the characters history, but it is far better than what he has gotten elsewhere.

Not only does it not follow the characters history, but it misinterprets the character's abilities and personality. It's mediocre at best.

I've been a Hawkeye fan for a long time and I wouldn't call the series perfect or amazing at all but I am interested to where its going.If I had my way I would put Jim Mccann back on the series.One of the things I don't like about the current series is Hawkeye getting his ass handed to him by normal thugs he's better than that.

#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr: It's not a well-written story if it ignores history ;)

@daredevil21134: Agreed on all parts.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33396 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@Vance Astro
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
Ok?
Moderator
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@Vance Astro
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
Ok?

They killed half the team and made one evil

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

They killed half the team and made one evil

I hope this doesn't come off rude...I don't know why you're telling me this. I'm behind on Defenders, maybe I missed something.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@Vance Astro
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
Ok?

They killed half the team and made one evil

The Immortal Weapons all survived due to Doc Strange creating a time paradox (or something - need to re-read!). Effectively, what happened didn't actually happen as Strange fixed things.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33396 posts) - - Show Bio
@Daycrawler said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@Vance Astro
@RoboShark said:

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
Ok?

They killed half the team and made one evil

The Immortal Weapons all survived due to Doc Strange creating a time paradox (or something - need to re-read!). Effectively, what happened didn't actually happen as Strange fixed things.

Oh really? did you have scans or something, I'd kind of like to see that?
#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they sneak an Iron Fist appearance into the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye book.

#20 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Still,nada.

#21 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole netflix deal means there will have to be something. It's so weird because Danny pops up in the most random places. Like he, out of all marvels characters, was a character in marvel vs capcom 3?

#22 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

This whole netflix deal means there will have to be something. It's so weird because Danny pops up in the most random places. Like he, out of all marvels characters, was a character in marvel vs capcom 3?

He had to be in that,it would be wrong to not put Marvel's top martial artist in their fighting game,even though they severely underrated him. They'll probably do a Defenders mini but he needs an ongoing. Joe Quesada said IF had risen in stock over the years and there were some big plans but we've seen mediocrity and that was in 2009.

#23 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6877 posts) - - Show Bio

@justin_blank: I feel your pain. He isn't part of any team and doesn't even have a MARVEL NOW! book. Almost all other characters got one. At-least put him in a Heroes for Hire title with Luke Cage.

#24 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Just let Bendis write heroes for Iron with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, no more of this fake heroes for hire