#1 Posted by SlimJ87D (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on Marvel, you have so many good characters you can write about like Iron Fist and Winter Soldier. But you focus on giving us the same stories and inconsistencies with your overexposed characters!

Okay... Rant over...

#2 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Has Iron Fist really been wiped off the table? That's extremely annoying for Rand fans. And are you not wholly enthusiastic about Bucky in Robinson's revived Invaders series?

#3 Posted by GoblinAlGhoul (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Money... Talks!

Muahahahahjajajajaja

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (42303 posts) - - Show Bio

Overexposed characters make money. So they'll keep being overexposed because the majority likes their overexposure. Simple as that.

#5 Edited by SlimJ87D (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@slimj87d: Has Iron Fist really been wiped off the table? That's extremely annoying for Rand fans. And are you not wholly enthusiastic about Bucky in Robinson's revived Invaders series?

I'm very excited about Bucky coming back intot he playing fields. He made an appearance in Secret Avengers and will be coming back into the Captain America series again soon. But his own title was good, I think it was just as good as Hawkeye but because Hawkeye is on cartoons and in a movie that's the reason he gets to stay around...

Iron Fist isn't on any Avenger teams anymore... I haven't seen him show up since A + V.

It's just frustrating how Marvel just cancels titles when they barely start picking up.

#6 Edited by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I agree, Hercules is a favourite of mine and his series has been shunted to the side even though Pak's run on the character was awesome. Iron Fist has had some particularly underrated runs from what I hear and it's the whole popularity contest coming back into play.

#7 Edited by SlimJ87D (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@slimj87d: I agree, Hercules is a favourite of mine and his series has been shunted to the side even though Pak's run on the character was awesome. Iron Fist has had some particularly underrated runs from what I hear and it's the whole popularity contest coming back into play.

I guess Marvel giving a small character spotlight for a few months at a single time is better than nothing. I guess I'm complaining about first world problems... I just wish I had time to write my own fan fiction for the characters. If I ever win the lottery, I just want to hire a artist and write my own stories and post them online for free.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Ha now that would be an awesome use of lottery money I must say. Who better to write the characters than the fans who respect the source material?

#9 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I wish the Winter Soldier series didn't end, I'm just getting caught up :( I was also thinking about giving Scarlet Spider a run for my money until I realized it's cancelled.

I get we need a ton of Wolverine, Superman and Batman stuff because that's what most people can come together on as well as new fans are more likely to pull that off the shelf than Winter Soldier. But I just wish these other characters could get more love. I get sick of the same 10 core members from the big 2.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Youv never read Immortal Iron Fist? =O

#11 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Heard it was good but unfortunately, Fraction's on my writer's black list and Danny isn't a massive favourite of mine.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Heard it was good but unfortunately, Fraction's on my writer's black list and Danny isn't a massive favourite of mine.

But but Brubaker.....

#13 Edited by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

But but Brubaker.....

Brubaker's fine, I'm gonna read The Winter Soldier before I see the film so I may as well check out his other stuff :P

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@lvenger said:

But but Brubaker.....

Brubaker's fine, I'm gonna read The Winter Soldier before I see the film so I may as well check out his other stuff :P

he co-wrote Iron Fist, it's sooooooooooo goooooooood

#15 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Billy Batson (58028 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker co-wrote it but it was more of a Fraction book. Still, it was a great run.

BB

#17 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Oh he co-wrote that volume? Might not be so bad then.

No not bad AMAZING. I have the big hard back omnibus and it's sits right beside my Daredevil ones.

#18 Posted by ptigrusmagus (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Avengers was a great chance to bring back Iron Fist, too bad hes white.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (42303 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Oh he co-wrote that volume? Might not be so bad then.

Get it mon'. You won't regret it.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: @jonny_anonymous: Eh Iron Fist isn't particularly high up on my reading list and Fraction's not a writer I like very much but maybe I'll read it one day.

#21 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Avengers was a great chance to bring back Iron Fist, too bad hes white.

This is literally my reaction when I saw the cover, I didn't read their names I simply read Black, Black, Black, Black, Green, Spider-man. They could have replaced She-Hulk or Spider-man with Iron Fist as it would be a great opportunity and and make more sense.

#23 Posted by MaccyD (4062 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: But not much of those overexposed characters are getting their own TV series ;)

#24 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone else picking up Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection Volume 1? I haven't read all of the arc so I definitely am.

#25 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@slimj87d: But not much of those overexposed characters are getting their own TV series ;)

That's great too but I'd much rather have a new Iron Fist comic every week/month. Besides it's on Netflix.

#26 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Why is Fraction on your black list? I have only read the first tob volume with Iron Fist by Fraction. However really good give some new aspects to the character.

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

That's great too but I'd much rather have a new Iron Fist comic every week/month. Besides it's on Netflix.

Yea but you know Marvel, these characters are bound to get books to fill there whole synergy thing they have going on

#28 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio said:

@maccyd said:

Yea but you know Marvel, these characters are bound to get books to fill there whole synergy thing they have going on

5 bucks says a s#¡$ty writer or unknown writes every single one. And if so it'll just be a tie-in which in my eyes,are pointless.

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jeanralphio said:

@maccyd said:

5 bucks says a s#¡$ty writer or unknown writes every single one. And if so it'll just be a tie-in which in my eyes,are pointless.

Unknown writers are usually better than these so-called "super stars" that the big two have also if they are tie-ins then it will be to a Defenders book and I'd be happy with that.

#30 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@lvenger: Why is Fraction on your black list? I have only read the first tob volume with Iron Fist by Fraction. However really good give some new aspects to the character.

I though Fraction was on everyone's black list?

#31 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jeanralphio said:

@maccyd said:

Unknown writers are usually better than these so-called "super stars" that the big two have also if they are tie-ins then it will be to a Defenders book and I'd be happy with that.

I agree about being better than than the big names,but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll do justice for the character.

#32 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

It's not for Iron Fist. I hear that's good so I'll take the word of those who say it is. The reason Fraction is on my black list is because of Fear Itself (a poorly written contrived event) a terrible Thor run that was hideously out of character, writing an X-Men run that made me hate the X-Men and a mediocre Iron Man run IMO. Those stories are why he's on my black list.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tupiaz said:

It's not for Iron Fist. I hear that's good so I'll take the word of those who say it is. The reason Fraction is on my black list is because of Fear Itself (a poorly written contrived event) a terrible Thor run that was hideously out of character, writing an X-Men run that made me hate the X-Men and a mediocre Iron Man run IMO. Those stories are why he's on my black list.

Not just good, it's freaking amazing

#34 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: As I said, I'll take your word for its quality storytelling.

#35 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tupiaz said:

I'm going to assume you'll skip Inhumanity?

#36 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tupiaz said:

I'm going to assume you'll skip Inhumanity?

My wallet might not be able to accommodate Inhumanity to put it into other words :P

#37 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

He teamed up with Doop not so long ago haha

#38 Edited by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tupiaz said:

I think you are the first one that has ever said something bad about Matt Fraction's Iron Man run. How come?

#39 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Bendis comes back with that Heroes for hire that he has been teasing for the last ages....

It does almost seem like they are holding it off for this netflix tv series. And Bendis writing a heroes for hire series? Count me in.

#40 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

A big hardcover of it is coming out, I was think about getting it

#41 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33444 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

A big hardcover of it is coming out, I was think about getting it

I have the big hardcover omnibus of it, the foreword is something special

#42 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Iron Fist is very active, you must not read to much marvel comics, he was in Thunderbolts, New Avengers, and Avengers VS X-Men, all taking place this year,

#43 Posted by SlimJ87D (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Iron Fist is very active, you must not read to much marvel comics, he was in Thunderbolts, New Avengers, and Avengers VS X-Men, all taking place this year,

Are you kidding me? You're coming on a comic book forum and accusing someone of not reading comic books? Read the whole thread before you comment next time please.

#44 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I meant no offense by saying that,I was just stating he was in three major comics this year, the most recent being avengers vs x men, as for reading the comments, I only read yours.

#45 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: But I am curious, why did Iron Fist punch through Spider mans chest once?

#46 Posted by SlimJ87D (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I meant no offense by saying that,I was just stating he was in three major comics this year, the most recent being avengers vs x men, as for reading the comments, I only read yours.

Yes but he also got taken off the Avengers roster, that was the only was he was getting exposure. He's not even in Luke Cage's team of Mighty Avengers.

He didn't really punch through Spider-man, that was a simulation with Norman Osborn brainwashing him.